Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 12:12   #4441
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Not sure if it was me or hyderabadi food is going down or my database is old.

First Story:

I had my Sunday lunch at Bawarchi and believe me the taste was pathetic! I was a regular customer of the same since my 10th but I somehow decided not to go back.

Second Story:

Chapter Invitation:

I was in my shorts still yawning and trying to open my eyes. It was Sunday and I had a heavy unsatisfactory lunch so wanted to lay down and wait for my digestive system to complete its work.

My cell phone beeped and I saw my friend's message on it. "Any plans for dinner with Families".

The last word "Families" has become a part of life for the past 2 years. Without which, there would be a "YES" from every one who received the message. This was a filter.

Chapter "YES I should have said a NO"

Who knew that this very word "Yes" would change your life for ever. The "Yes" when a friend asks "Wanna smoke" or "Isn't she hot", didn't matter much. It was like, "yup", "sure", "why not", "she sure is (this one is with a lot of interest tough".

This very same "yes" during the "I LOVE YOU, DO YOU LOVE ME?" or "DID YOU LIKE THE GIRL" or " YOU LIKE HER AND WE KNOW IT", changed the course of life. This "YES" has now become part of life. "Am I looking good?", "YES". "Shall we go to the movies?", "YES". "You are not going with your friends right?", "YES (This means, I'm not)". "Are you and IDIOT", "Obviously YES".

Chapter Permission:

I asked my wife if she is interested and then replied back the word "YES". See, sometimes the word sounds like Suprabhatam by Smt MS Subalakshmi.

The Permission chapter can sometimes be long. "Please, lets go". "No, I still didn't say yes to them.". "Obviously I'm asking you before I reply to them. Check my mobile if you wish (and just hope that she doesn't)".

This was short though.

Chapter Getting Dressed up:

"Choose a dress which you like me to wear". And after following the request which sounded more like an order, pat comes the answer "I already wore it 13450 years back, choose a different one". Why don't they tag it "Will wear it between these dates only".

After choosing one pair from 1K, I wanted to take a nap! My hands hurt from getting the suitcases down from the attic and then putting them back. Wait, again getting them down and back! Yes, there are three different categories in clothes. Parties, Office, Casual, Home, Already worn once, Already worn twice, Yes everyone already saw this dress, no I like it but not so much, I do not have matching earrings, I do not have matching sandals and oh, did I say 3 categories? Sorry, it should be one category and that is "MOOD!!!!".

I wore the jeans which I already wore a 1K times and a casual t-shirt. Why did I choose this t-shirt? because, it was right on the top of the other t-shirts!!!!

Chapter Angeeti:

We were 4 families and dropped in at 8:00 PM at the resto. At 8:15, I started sweating and complained that the AC was not functioning. The staff explained to me that there was a power cut and the generator was turned on. So until the power is back, our best friend was the napkin.

We ordered Reshmi Kebab, Lamb Liver, Paneer stuff (I'm not a fan of Veg so I don't know much about the dishes).

All of us tasted the dishes and put them aside. They were not anywhere near tasty. We ordered Kheema, and some more Veg dishes. Again, pathetic.

While there was a debate going on whether Intel i5 was stable, I realized that my shirt was totally wet. For a second I thought I was in a Dhabha at Shamirpet! Then I got back into my senses and called the staff once again. I told them that I was sweating and they better turn on the AC or we are leaving.

Surprisingly, the answer I got was "Sir, even I'm sweating!". Dude!!! I'm paying for sitting here and eating. I felt like .

I was so went out to smoke. On my way out, I felt that the other parts of the resto had functioning AC! . I finished smoking and went back to the staff. By the ways, one pack of Gold Flakes (10 cig pack) costs Rs 90 over there.

Once again, surprisingly, they said that they knew it!!. What the hell was happening? I reiterated the famous saying "Patience is virtue" and then counted to 1000000 (10 or 100 wouldn't suffice).

Completed the dinner at 11:30 PM. And asked for the bill. Rs 7497. OK, so let's see what we had:

1) Lamb Liver
2) Reshmi Kebab
3) Veg Starters
4) Roti
5) Lamb Curry (not sure which one. I was already in a mood to leave so didn't care)
6) Veg Curry
7) Lamb Biryani
8) 2 Butter Milk

Probably I missed some stuff.

My friend asked for a 10% discount and the guy said, "We do not have the concept of discounts". That was rude.

We called the manager who instructed the staff to give us the requested discount and apologized for the NON FUNCTIONAL AC.

One guy brought the new revised bill and the total was exactly Rs 7297. . I didn't understand if we tipped them or they did to us. But the best part is, he said, "Sir, here is the bill with 10% discount". I mean, either I'm an illiterate or I'm blind!

Solve this guys, LHS should be equal to RHS

200 = (7497 * 10) / 100.

The great mathematician "Sri Ramanujan" couldn't have solved the above equation.

By then I was done counting 100000 so I took the bill and threw it at the manager and said I want to pay the old bill and he can shove this new one where ever it fits.

The manger who was still in the process of counting 100000, unlike me, went back and brought a better offer. This time, the equation changed. And again, it was 10% of the original bill:

400 = (7497 * 10) / 100.

Finally at 11:45:44 PM, I gave up. I begged my friends to agree and just leave. Two reason, one, I had to get an Ice cream at Cream Stone and two, I start to my office at 7:45 AM!!!!

Moral of the story. You need to sweat for 3 and half hours and pay Rs 7097 to earn Rs 400.

I HATE ANGEETI

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th June 2012 at 16:36. Reason: Alcohol mention on forum isnt permitted. Suggest you go through the rules of the board first. Next time Infraction
Old 11th June 2012, 12:28   #4442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xydon View Post
Chapter Getting Dressed up:

"Choose a dress which you like me to wear". And after following the request which sounded more like an order, pat comes the answer "I already wore it 13450 years back, choose a different one". Why don't they tag it "Will wear it between these dates only".
Buddy 1st thing, I hope your Chapter does not have access to this or a new chapter would be written in your life.

2nd thing is regarding Angeethi, I still remember the time when this was rated as one of the best punjabi dhaba in side city limits. I had come back to hyderabad from delhi and had joined my current organization, My Boss (CIO - IT) was a punjabi (He has left now) from delhi and was well known to me. So myself he and few more close colleagues thought of going for lunch and as usual they asked me for a place because of my little knowledge of good places, I suggested angeethi, one of my biggest mistakes which reflected in my PMS (LOL). We ordered for our food instead of taking a buffet, as unexpected food was horrible to core, I don't exactly remember the exact order but i do remember that we had ordered for Dal Makhani and we were served some mixed dal, when I raised an issue, Waiter had the nerves to tell me that this is what they call dal makhani in their dhaba. At the end we were so annoyed that just to let them know our dissatisfaction, we left a TIP of Rs.2/-.
Old 11th June 2012, 12:55   #4443
BHPian

i have to take my team for dinner today , any suggestion for a buffet , hows food at ebony boutique hotel and the buffet at momo -marriott planning to take my family this weekend .
Old 11th June 2012, 12:58   #4444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Buddy 1st thing, I hope your Chapter does not have access to this or a new chapter would be written in your life.
My handle is unknown to most

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
2nd thing is regarding Angeethi, I still remember the time when this was rated as one of the best punjabi dhaba in side city limits. I had come back to hyderabad from delhi and had joined my current organization, My Boss (CIO - IT) was a punjabi (He has left now) from delhi and was well known to me. So myself he and few more close colleagues thought of going for lunch and as usual they asked me for a place because of my little knowledge of good places, I suggested angeethi, one of my biggest mistakes which reflected in my PMS (LOL). We ordered for our food instead of taking a buffet, as unexpected food was horrible to core, I don't exactly remember the exact order but i do remember that we had ordered for Dal Makhani and we were served some mixed dal, when I raised an issue, Waiter had the nerves to tell me that this is what they call dal makhani in their dhaba. At the end we were so annoyed that just to let them know our dissatisfaction, we left a TIP of Rs.2/-.
+1 I can't agree more.

My better half is from Delhi. She , just like any Delhiite, loves Shahi Paneer and Kadhai Paneer. I'm not sure which one we ordered but it had, according to her, no resemblance with the actual dish. So, what did we do? We had it!

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th June 2012 at 16:35. Reason: 2 Smileys ONLY per post
Old 11th June 2012, 16:31   #4445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
i have to take my team for dinner today , any suggestion for a buffet , hows food at ebony boutique hotel and the buffet at momo -marriott planning to take my family this weekend .
There is no comparision between Momo & Ebony. Momo buffet variety wins hands down anytime. Hope this helps!
Old 11th June 2012, 17:30   #4446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
There is no comparision between Momo & Ebony. Momo buffet variety wins hands down anytime. Hope this helps!
+1 on what Bajaj Saab said. Momo's Cafe wins hands down. The sheer variety served made me faint there.
Old 11th June 2012, 18:14   #4447
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
+1 on what Bajaj Saab said. Momo's Cafe wins hands down. The sheer variety served made me faint there.
Hahaha. rm_arjuna had 2 different questions - Ebony for his team lunch and Momo to take his family.
Old 12th June 2012, 11:07   #4448
Team-BHP Support

Firdaus at Taj Krishna.

The service levels are awesome. The hostess for the evening was extremely good and took special care of my daughter. The was a ghazal singer who was good and provided the right atmosphere to the place.

The food was mediocre in terms of both taste and serving sizes.
The only saving grace was Gilafi Kabebs. They tasted good. Everything else was good but considering the price, the taste was not there.

Bill was about 5-6 thousand for 4 pax.
Old 12th June 2012, 11:53   #4449
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening, we visited "Chutneys" at Himayathnagar after a long time and enjoyed their South Indian Thali which wa simply incredible.

Each and every item was superb. What was surprising is that we just walked in and took a table which is a rare feat. Perhaps, because it was a Monday.

After that we took a ride to KBR park and enjoyed a "Fruit Exotic" ice-cream from "Creamstone". It was Fanta-fabulous.

Btw, Creamstone has Alphonso (seasonal) currently available. It is priced at Rs.180+14.XX % tax

While returning noticed there is a creamstone outlet right opposite to Chutneys in Himayathnagar. Wish we had glanced up and we needn't travel till KBR Park. Though I live in Himayathnagar and pass that road everyday, i never noticed this outlet before
Old 12th June 2012, 12:36   #4450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
After that we took a ride to KBR park and enjoyed a "Fruit Exotic" ice-cream from "Creamstone".

While returning noticed there is a creamstone outlet right opposite to Chutneys in Himayathnagar. Wish we had glanced up and we needn't travel till KBR Park. Though I live in Himayathnagar and pass that road everyday, i never noticed this outlet before
You will miss the ride part if you start eating at Himayatnagar.

I suggest that you leave the eating part at Himayatnagar to people like me.

BTW, the chicken cheese burger at K&C on sunday was amazing.

It beats Universal by miles. More so, the kitchen is spanking clean and hygienic. Universal chapter is over for me.

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th June 2012 at 13:56. Reason: Please remove emoticons while quoting
Old 12th June 2012, 13:58   #4451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, the chicken cheese burger at K&C on sunday was amazing.It beats Universal by miles. More so, the kitchen is spanking clean and hygienic. Universal chapter is over for me.
Yeah, K&C are the best and VFM burgers in town. However, offlate I dont like too much of mayonaise that they pour in the burger and ask them to lay off it a bit

Never had cheese chicken burger as it seems even more greasier option

Btw, they renovated and re-opened just a few months ago and now their kitchen is wonderfully clean.
Old 12th June 2012, 14:21   #4452
Team-BHP Support

Has Pizza Hut started charging 1 Rupee per ketchup packet for Home Delivery?
Old 15th June 2012, 08:22   #4453
BHPian

Daily Treat Burger Fest @ Daily Treats, The Westin, Mindspace IT Raheja Park, Madhapur.
From June 15 to June 30, 10am to 10pm
Veg Burger : Rs. 575 + Taxes
N/V Burger : Rs. 675 + Taxes

I am sure the taxes would mean VAT, Service Tax and Service Charge.

Alternately, satisfy your urge for a burger in just Rs. 35 to Rs. 60 all inclusive price at K&C (King & Cardinal) Bakery at Himayatnagar.
Do ensure to tell them to keep the mayonnaise lesser than normal.

What could be the filling in the Westin burger to make it more than 10 times higher in price?
Must be petrol.

Edit : Forgot to mention that Hadippa has launched a SnapDeal Voucher at http://www.snapdeal.com/deal-hyderab...pa-1?pos=47;81 where the lunch buffet is priced @ Rs. 195 (Rs. 30 for the coupon and Rs. 165 for the lunch).

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 15th June 2012 at 08:31.
Old 15th June 2012, 10:03   #4454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Daily Treat Burger Fest @ Daily Treats, The Westin, Mindspace IT Raheja Park, Madhapur.
From June 15 to June 30, 10am to 10pm
Veg Burger : Rs. 575 + Taxes
N/V Burger : Rs. 675 + Taxes
I dont see all foodie meet reports being posted back here.

Appreciate if reports of Chef Inam and today's planned lunch outing of Fisherman's Fare is reported back with pictures would be appreciated by unfortunate souls like us who cannot make it due to their "food balancing act"
Old 15th June 2012, 10:32   #4455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Appreciate if reports of Chef Inam and today's planned lunch outing of Fisherman's Fare is reported back with pictures. Would be appreciated by unfortunate souls like us who cannot make it due to their "food balancing act"
What??? You ain't coming today?

I know the above comment is directed at others.

Still, here I go : I have been to Chef Inam's 2 (Opposite KBR in Banjara Hills) only once and had a horrible experience. No power, 45 minutes to serve the order, steak turned cold half way through and could not be cut with a fork & knife combination so had to eat it Indian style using hands to hold it and teeth to cut it, found it to be way too expensive to be VFM. I am sure I did mention all this earlier also. However, it is better than IndiJoe. Other more expensive places like HRC, Novotel also do serve good steaks, maybe even better, but those are way too expensive.
I have also been to Chef Inam's 1 (after Hotel Golkonda in Masab Tank) only once. No ambiance to sit there and enjoy eating and more so that steaks cannot be enjoyed as take away.

Will ask Traveloholic to click some photos and report back in his characterstic style duly supplemented by Xydon's report. I doubt others like Neliguy, Silverwood, NoRules, etc. may report to avoid duplication.
Fisherman's Fare, here we come!!!

Most Viewed