Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 12:49   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
whitesquall, By drinks we are sure you meant non-alcoholic!! If alcoholic, TBHP strongly advises you not to mix drinking and driving and also posting any such updates!!
@getsurya: Thanks for the reminder. Yeah, I do know the change in the policies @ T-BHP .
Old 24th February 2009, 12:55   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Had been to 4 seasons at Tarnaka again.
Ok, so your back from your US stint and immediately started exploring the biryani joints?

Btw, didnt you mean Tolichowki? I didnt know there was a 4 Seasons at Tarnaka?
Old 24th February 2009, 13:01   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hi Venu,

I hope you enjoy your trip.

Whether driving down or travelling by plane/train, a few notes from you on your trip would be nice.

Cheers,
Sorry, I got to see this just now. My onward journey to Bhubaneswar was a real pain---the train got diverted at Vizianagram via Titlagarh and Rourkela. This was due to the Coromandel derailment on the same day.
Luckily I was awake at 4 am to hear the announcement at Vizag.
I got off immediately at Vizag and was in half a mood to cancel the trip and instead proceed to the Steel Township bar to have my fav soft drink.
I was lucky again to get accomodation in the Tirupati-Puri train an hour later. Will give you more info when we meet next.

Quote:
whitesquall, By drinks we are sure you meant non-alcoholic!! If alcoholic, TBHP strongly advises you not to mix drinking and driving and also posting any such updates!!
Good point, getsurya. But as most of us in the Hyd chapter of team-bhp have chauffeurs, we need not worry, I guess.

Last edited by vnabhi : 24th February 2009 at 13:03.
Old 24th February 2009, 13:02   #454
Senior - BHPian

Just had food at Gur Nihal Dhaba yesterday. Awesome finger licking food. Especially recommended Egg Paratha and Chicken Roast.
Old 24th February 2009, 14:04   #455
BHPian

theodore and me went to this place'kairali' in gachibowli

good stuff.

we had apams ,roast chicken ,fried fish and veg thali ,all for inr 130.

food is good no doubt and lives up to the many words of appreciation posted by the others who have been there before.

did not like the ambience though ,looked like a tea stall converted into a eating place.

i woudnt be surprised that during the monsoons this place would get blown away a couple of times.
Old 24th February 2009, 16:14   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ok, so your back from your US stint and immediately started exploring the biryani joints?

Btw, didnt you mean Tolichowki? I didnt know there was a 4 Seasons at Tarnaka?
Yes sir! I missed Biryani there you see and yes you are right, I should have said Tolichowki and not the Tarnaka. . .sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Good point, getsurya. But as most of us in the Hyd chapter of team-bhp have chauffeurs, we need not worry, I guess.
well said vnabhi!!
Old 24th February 2009, 16:20   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got off immediately at Vizag and was in half a mood to cancel the trip and instead proceed to the Steel Township bar to have my fav soft drink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi
Venu, so you had your share of experience on your way to Bbnswer!
You are right, I am paying a monthly salary of R6500 to my driver, what good is he if he cannot stand to our binges!!
Old 24th February 2009, 19:12   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sorry, I got to see this just now. My onward journey to Bhubaneswar was a real pain---the train got diverted at Vizianagram via Titlagarh and Rourkela. This was due to the Coromandel derailment on the same day.
Luckily I was awake at 4 am to hear the announcement at Vizag.
I was lucky again to get accomodation in the Tirupati-Puri train an hour later. Will give you more info when we meet next.

Welcome back @ venu, I look forward to hearing your account when we meet next.

Quote:
You are right, I am paying a monthly salary of R6500 to my driver, what good is he if he cannot stand to our binges!!
Venu & I put our pilots on a strict nimbu-pani regimen.

Cheers & keep smiling,
Old 24th February 2009, 20:55   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Venu & I put our pilots on a strict nimbu-pani regimen.
I always ask my better half to take on the wheels when I'm not upto it
Old 25th February 2009, 13:35   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night been to a close friend's parents "50th Marriage Anniversary" at Dhola-Ri-Dhani, Medchal Highway. It was conducted in open grounds with lots of games in store for the old couple, AV slide presentation and finally a traditional rajasthani thali ( sitting on the ground)

The food served was quite nice ( only for a change and strictly cannot be eaten regularly) and the experience in itself is a great thing. They served :

4 types of rotis ( Bajra, Phulkas, Jowhar and something else)
4 types of typical rajasthani curries, i liked a couple of them
Kadi ( i gulped down a couple of cups, quite tasty)
Jowhar Kichdi ( to it added ghee & sugar), it tasted yucks to me..but most others ( including wifey) were taking more than 2 servings...maybe something wrong with my palate

All other sundry items like raitha, curd, salad, papad and finally the dessert was yummy, crisp wafer thin jablebis made to perfection. For hulks (or is it slightly overweight..LOL) like us, they provided an indigenious tool that goes below both your knees when your sitting on the ground to have this meal.

It was an experience and i wouldnt call it a must try but if you have nothing to do, do give it a shot !!!
Old 25th February 2009, 22:50   #461
BHPian

had lunch with theodore at 'la cantina' the mexican joint at the novotel..

in the earlier posts amip has also written about this place.

it faces the pool (no eye candy in the pool unfortunately.lol)

mr theo is a member of novotel so for 2 people you get this 50% off on the food

we ordered some quesadillas (awesome)

total bill after 50% discount for 2 people was inr 441/-

ambience is nice ,you have all these mexican flags,hats ,pictures and those chaddars(dont know what they are called) hanging around

though am not a big fan of eating at 5 star hotels (due to the stuff being overpriced) but with discount ,worth it.

@ getsurya:anna there was some conference happening there of your company ,thought of calling you but held back thinking you might be busy(incase you were there too)

sorry about posting the lunch thing now (dinner time) am preparing to give the pmp certification exam so busy with the workshop.
Old 25th February 2009, 22:56   #462
BHPian

i need to start thinking of living on the other side of town,or not get back home early and visit all these places after work!
Old 26th February 2009, 12:12   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
i need to start thinking of living on the other side of town,or not get back home early and visit all these places after work!
I guess that if you stay put in your current location, and still get to visit these places, then we can expect a travelogue every day from you!
Old 26th February 2009, 15:28   #464
BHPian

ok so today's lunch was bong.

went to this place called kolkata foodies in madhapur.

we guys had chingdi malai(prawn curry)

chicken and mutton kosha with rice.(tasted more like the kodi pulusu to me)

there was this interesting dish called bhetki bhappa (some fish) but it seems it was too bony so did not have that.

total bill inr 220.

food -very nice(if you like bong khaana)

ambience - chai ka bundi transformed into a eating joint.

i guess anirudha you will like this place..
Old 26th February 2009, 15:35   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Rajesh,you seem to be out on lunches with a vengeance. Hope to cover some of these rustic eating places with you sometime soon.

I think you should ask for a refund from Latitudes,i can see that it's a completely loss making proposition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks