Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2012, 12:15   #4636
Senior - BHPian

Re: Barbecue Nation,New Jubilee Hills-Rd 36 Outlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Any idea what is the current buffet charge?
Sorry no clue what are the rates at their new outlet.At the Banjara one last heard it was approx 775(All incl) for dinner and approx 525(AI) for lunch(Mon-Sat),Sun lunch and dinner are priced same.
Old 6th July 2012, 13:51   #4637
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Wednesday Dinner

Was in improptu decision to visit " Palace Heights". Ambience as usual is fantastic and we took a table next to the window to view the entire city. Beautiful.

Now coming to food. We ordered :-

Garlic Kebab in Gravy
3 Rotis
Mutton Biryani

Gravy dish was quite less quantity and looked like a thick yellow gooey thick paste. And, it is priced a ridiculous Rs.350 or something.

Biryani was excellent and quanity was in contrast quite good.

Just for those dishes the bill came to Approximately Rs.900

PH is out of my visitation list for a while as except for the view their food is just good whereas it should be excellent.

Thursday Morning

Had a breakfast Meeting at LeCafe in Novotel. Enjoyed a Club Sandwich and a cold coffee. Both were excellent

Thursday Lunch

After a round of customer meetings we had an alliance meeting with some folks from Oracle so 5 of us went to "Rubayait" Cyber Pearl, Madhapur

We ordered

Mutton Gravy Dish ( Excellent and Humungous Quantity)
Veg Katori in Gravy ( A bit bland but, good veggies)
2 Yellow Daal
Roti's
5 Mocktails ( Some refereshing drink mixed with pudina, soda, jaljeera, coke or something. It was mindblowingly refereshing)

I checked out the rates and for that lovely ambience it was pretty decent. NV Dished in Rs.250-Rs.275 range ( compare this to exorbitant 350 bucks in PH....Shudder)

We made the Oracle guys pay the bill
Old 7th July 2012, 08:45   #4638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Even Sarvi has started from today. I am ecstatic to know the Haleem season has started.
So, did you eat a plate / many plates yesterday from either / both Bahar and Sarvi to start the season?
Do you intend to do so today?
Old 7th July 2012, 09:34   #4639
BHPian

Yesterday took wife to Begumbazar for some shopping and on the way back stopped for lunch at Sher-e-Punjab dhaba, opp Nampally railway station (on recommendation of traveloholic). This is a small place in basement of a complex, not the best of the places to sit and eat especially when there is a power cut, as was the case when I and my wife were having lunch. But what discomfort we faced due to power cut was more than negated by the food we ate.

Ordered Tandoori chicken, Butter chicken and Rotis. TC was one of the best I ate in twin cities, nice and crispily done. More often than not the breast piece of chicken remains uncooked once you peel away the top layer and is bland and inedible but in case of Sher-e-Punjab, there were several cuts made into the breast piece letting the marinate spread well across giving it that yummy taste.

Butter chicken and roti were good too. Total bill came to Rs.280/-
Pics:

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-20120706206.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-20120706207.jpg
Old 7th July 2012, 09:41   #4640
BHPian

Quote:
After a round of customer meetings we had an alliance meeting with some folks from Oracle so 5 of us went to "Rubayait" Cyber Pearl, Madhapur
IMHO good you made Oracle guys pay for it because if you had asked me I would have advised not to spend your money there. I felt their food to be very very average, service very slow and the restaurant not upto the hype it created.

On the other hand, I and my family just love Nautanki Gali and go there at least once a month.

- Krishnan

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th July 2012 at 10:26. Reason: Please keep the quoted text as short as its possible. Its easier to read
Old 7th July 2012, 10:13   #4641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
So, did you eat a plate / many plates yesterday from either / both Bahar and Sarvi to start the season?
Do you intend to do so today?
Not yet Bajaj saab. Plan is to have 1 or 2 bowls of Haleem before boarding my flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Yesterday took wife to Begumbazar for some shopping and on the way back stopped for lunch at Sher-e-Punjab dhaba, opp Nampally railway station (on recommendation of traveloholic).
Is this place previously known as " Hot Spot" and is situated on the corner of lane that goes towards KLK building?

If yes, then that Hot Spot owner was a friend in those days. He started one outlet in Himayathnagar too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksakotai View Post
IMHO good you made Oracle guys pay for it because if you had asked me I would have advised not to spend your money there. On the other hand, I and my family just love Nautanki Gali and go there at least once a month.
Now that you mentioned, the veg food ( which i only tasted) was bland and quite inedible. But, the NV dish was excellent and so were the pudina rotis, moctail and daal. So i am not complaining

Been to Nautanki Galli twice and both times for buffet. It is complete mayhem during lunch. Standing in line like "beggars/prisoners" and then stack up the plate to avoid standing in line again. That's not to my liking.

IMO, Ohri's buffet is all about quantity

Last evening we decided to watch Spiderman at IMAX and on the spur decided to have dinner at the newly opened outlet at Himayathagar of "Rayalseem Ruchulu"

Parking is a major issue. Narrow lane and yesterday gave my car for 2nd time into a valet's hand and i was pretty unhappy about it

Ambience is open, lively and very nice

We ordered :-

Gongura Mamsam
Jonna Roti
Onion Kulcha
Rotis
Ragi Sangati

GM was excellent and very delicious. However, quantity was bit of a disappointment.

All Rotis were perfectly made.

Surprisingly, i had Ragi for the first time and i really liked it. you need to add a bit of ghee on top and eat with a tomato chutney.

Pricing is expensive especially since the serving size is not too good. NV dishes range from 250-300INR

Overall, it was a satisfying meal.

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th July 2012 at 10:18.
Old 7th July 2012, 10:23   #4642
BHPian

Quote:

Now that you mentioned, the veg food ( which i only tasted) was bland and quite inedible. But, the NV dish was excellent and so were the pudina rotis, moctail and daal. So i am not complaining

Been to Nautanki Galli twice and both times for buffet. It is complete mayhem during lunch. Standing in line like "beggars/prisoners" and then stack up the plate to avoid standing in line again. That's not to my liking.

IMO, Ohri's buffet is all about quantity

Surprisingly, i had Ragi for the first time and i really liked it. you need to add a bit of ghee on top and eat with a tomato chutney.

Pricing is expensive especially since the serving size is not too good. NV dishes range from 250-300INR

Overall, it was a satisfying meal.
I agree with you re: Nautanki Gali during lunchtime. However we only go there for dinner. It is night and day difference - no such long queues.

My cousins used to live in Mysore when we were growing up. Whenever we used to go for vacations my aunt used to make delicious stuff like akki roti, ragi etc. All very good for health. I am trying very hard to get my kids eat jowar roti, but fighting a losing battle
Old 7th July 2012, 10:37   #4643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thursday Lunch
Pandeyji, correct me if I am wrong.
But IMO, this was your first visit to Rubaiyat ?
And if it is, I am surprised that you took so long to visit it, but am glad that you liked the place and the food.

Quote:
IMHO good you made Oracle guys pay for it because if you had asked me I would have advised not to spend your money there. I felt their food to be very very average, service very slow and the restaurant not upto the hype it created.

On the other hand, I and my family just love Nautanki Gali and go there at least once a month.
- Krishnan
Gotta, strongly disagree with you. Food at Rubaiyat is very good. Been there 4 times with friends and family and everyone liked the food. I am sure, because you are a vegetarian, you have limited choice to order.
Infact all the time we went there, we ordered fish/prawns/chickens item and everytime it was good. In veg we absolutely love their Kadhi that they serve with onion balls(pyaaz ka pakora) in it.

Their service might be slow sometimes, but they are very receptive towards you. One time, we ordered for a dish, but that was not available, they suggested as an alternative, that we then ordered. Apart from this ,they gave us a complimentary dish just to make up for the small issue, that we didn't get what we wanted. Who will do this ?

And their mocktails are mindblowing. I would suggest you try those mocktails, ask the captain their for recommending the dishes.

I have never been to Nautanki galli, as Mobike said, I also didn't like the crowd and chaos there and went back to Rubaiyat everytime and absolutely loved it.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 7th July 2012 at 10:38.
Old 7th July 2012, 14:33   #4644
BHPian

Quote:
Is this place previously known as " Hot Spot" and is situated on the corner of lane that goes towards KLK building?
Aah. Now I realised. It is in front of the rly station, not opposite. This place is just after Azizia restaurant. My bad.
Old 7th July 2012, 16:11   #4645
BHPian

Quote:
[b][u]Thursday Lunch

I spotted the WA and understood that you would have come to Rubayat.

Food at Rubayat is actually nice. However Nautanki Gali is liked by our US compatriots for the ambience and the Auto. Food at Nautanki is tasteless. Not sure about N.Veg. I actually find the veg food sometimes not fresh.

Avinash, never allow the valet to park the car outside Cyber Pearl. It's a No Parking and have seen cops towing cars away for no fault of the owners.

Last Sunday had driven down to FoodSeven at Suryapet. Food was awesome. Have put up the detailed info on:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...es-home-4.html
Old 7th July 2012, 17:14   #4646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Pandeyji, correct me if I am wrong.
But IMO, this was your first visit to Rubaiyat ?
Yes, it was my first time. 2 reasons :-

1. These days i became lazy and repeat the places which I like. I dont know what happened to my experimenting streak

2. It's too far for us to go for dinner as we prefer eating out closer to home

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
I spotted the WA and understood that you would have come to Rubayat. Avinash, never allow the valet to park the car outside Cyber Pearl. It's a No Parking and have seen cops towing cars away for no fault of the owners.
Actually, I parked the car outside CP myself as I normally dont like to hand over my car to a valet. Besides, when I checked with security and came to know valet also will park outside so i did it myself and they said no problem to park outside.

Had I given it to a valet, then it would have been their responsibility to even pay the fine. I reckon it was my lucky that day
Old 7th July 2012, 19:07   #4647
BHPian

Bikanervala Buffet Breakfast

It is priced @ Rs 199 All Inclusive.

Found a deal at Crazeal (Rs.99 for a Breakfast Buffet at Bikanervala, Banjara Hills| CRAZEAL.com) and it was priced @ Rs 129 All Inclusive.

Visited today and enjoyed my breakfast.

The menu (courtesy Crazeal) :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-bikanervala_bf_menu.jpg
Note that apart from above stuff, the buffet also had fresh watermelon juice, sweet lassi, fresh musk melon fruit, fresh pineapple fruit, 3/4 varieties of namkeens, a pastry, 2 types of corn flakes with milk, veg cheese burger and some more on the buffet table. One can order all the other stuff mentioned in the menu in the image and they serve it fresh from the kitchen.

All in all, getting served fresh fruit, fresh fruit juice, signature chole-bhature, sweet lassi and finally tea/coffee for Rs 199 (Rs 129 at the moment) made it a real VFM deal for me.

The bhature are not the huge sized ones as served in the a-la-carte menu later in the day but more like puri sized ones but as delicious.

Before Mobike008 or Traveloholic ask me, I had 3 glasses of watermelon juice, 2 glasses sweet lassi, a little fresh fruit, one plate chole-bhature, 1 samosa, 1 masala dosa, 1 vada, 1/4 aloo-pyaaz paratha followed by coffee. It took me around 1 hour and 15 minutes to get satisfied.

Tip 1 : Go early but certainly no later than 9:30 (suggesting to go before 9) because that is when the rush comes in and then starts the waiting.

Tip 2 : If you do not like waiting for food and wasting time toying with forks and napkins, order the next plate of what ever you want as early as you can as they take around 10 minutes since they serve stuff fresh from the kitchen.

Edit : Mobike008, RR has a deal at Himayatnagar (http://www.snapdeal.com/deal-hyderab...seema?pos=5;67).

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 7th July 2012 at 19:09.
Old 7th July 2012, 19:39   #4648
BHPian

Had Haleem at Cafe Bahar. It was fine. Cost per plate is Rs 70. Didn't click any pictures.

Went to Hyline bakery after finishing at Bahar, I didn't see haleem being served there. I was there at 6:15 PM. I didn't see any preparations going on either.

I'll be going to Saarvi in an hour. Will update once I'm back.
Old 7th July 2012, 20:58   #4649
BHPian

Anybody eaten at Via Milano? What are their specialities, esp Veggie? We came close to eating there 2 weeks ago, but the place was very hidden and not prominent, so thought will give it a miss. But I heard from friends that it is good.

How does it compare to Little Italy?

- Krishnan
Old 8th July 2012, 05:57   #4650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xydon View Post
Had Haleem at Cafe Bahar. It was fine. Cost per plate is Rs 70.
Went to Hyline bakery after finishing at Bahar, I didn't see haleem being served there.
I'll be going to Saarvi in an hour. Will update once I'm back.
Only Bahar and Sarvi have started as yet. They both advertised the fact in the papers. The rest will follow soon or from the 1st day of Ramzan.

Please post the comparison between the 2 haleems.
Quote:
Anybody eaten at Via Milano? What are their specialities, esp Veggie?
How does it compare to Little Italy?
I have been there a few times and enjoyed the food, especially the lamb lasagne. No idea about their veggie food.

Cannot compare Via Milano (had pure N/V) and Little Italy (had pure Veg). In fact, it must have been years since I went back to Little Italy (veg being the reason).

BTW, Via Milano has a special deal on weekday lunch buffet wherein you can get it for Rs. 299 instead of actual Rs. 550 (I think on Snapdeal). Thinking of going for it soon. VFM since eating a plate of pasta and a dessert along with a free beverage will certainly recover the price paid when compared with the price of the same dishes in a-la-carte.

Most Viewed