Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2012, 07:15   #4651
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

I have been there a few times and enjoyed the food, especially the lamb lasagne. No idea about their veggie food.

Cannot compare Via Milano (had pure N/V) and Little Italy (had pure Veg). In fact, it must have been years since I went back to Little Italy (veg being the reason).

BTW, Via Milano has a special deal on weekday lunch buffet wherein you can get it for Rs. 299 instead of actual Rs. 550 (I think on Snapdeal). Thinking of going for it soon. VFM since eating a plate of pasta and a dessert along with a free beverage will certainly recover the price paid when compared with the price of the same dishes in a-la-carte.
Thank you Sir. I think most of THPians are NV Connoisseurs (I dont see many people commenting a lot on veg dishes . Or maybe the veggies are just lurking around!!)

The other day we had food at Sahib Sindh Sultan in City Center Mall. Their Rawalpindi Chana is to die for.
Old 8th July 2012, 20:50   #4652
BHPian

guys I am in hyd for a week starting 14th, would like to know some good places to eat around begampeth, spc Chinese
Old 8th July 2012, 21:23   #4653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Manpasand Food Plaza, Gachibowli-
I mentioned this place in a post before when I visited it for the first time. Now after many visits for takeaway I highly recommend this place, specially for vegetarians its a must visit. Vegeterian food never tasted this good any where else. These days its my first choice for takeaways. Wifey who is a veggie absolutely loves this place. I mostly order curry items with pulao and naan. The place is hygienic, clean, moderately priced and the dishes have a character. Service is reasonably fast.
Recommended as per my experience-
Paneer Dhaniya Mirchi, Kaju Makhana Matar, Masala Kulcha, Veg Pulao.

There is still a lot to explore at this joint as their menu is fairly elaborate.
MANPASAND
They dont pick up any of the numbers listed in the website :(
Old 9th July 2012, 06:22   #4654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
guys I am in hyd for a week starting 14th, would like to know some good places to eat around begampeth, spc Chinese
Budget is pretty important to decide a venue. However, I am covering restaurants in the mid to upper end and within 3 km of Lifestyle Greenlands Junction.

1) Mainland China, opposite CM's Camp Office, just after Hotel ITC Kakatiya, Begumpet : I personally have never enjoyed their food at this outlet

2) Aroma's of China, City Centre Mall, Road No. 1, Banjara Hills, around 2-3 km from Mainland China.

3) Chinese Pavilion, opposite Jalagam Vengal Rao Park, just after Nagaruna Hills Circle, Road No. 1, Banjara Hills, 1-2 km from Mainland China.

Now for other cuisines :

4) Midnight Biryani (includes many many exotic dishes) at Hotel Green Park, Greenlands, Begumpet : after midnight only till 2am (try to be there at sharp 12 o'clock). You can also try their lunch buffet at Once Upon a Time (800 or so per head).

5) Dakshin, Hotel ITC Kakatiya for the south Indian thali (1200 to 1700 per head). Very very good food.

6) Chutneys, Nagarjuna Hills Circle, Road No. 3, Banjara Hills : for veg thali and others like dosa, idli.

7) Sholay, Hotel Celebrity Boutique, opposite Shopper's Stop, Chikoti Garden, Begumpet : Multicuisine, a favourite with Hydeez TBHPians.

8) 10D (Ten Downing Street), Lifestyle Building : Though a pub, worth it for its pre-plated platters at lunch, most amazing menu, more amazing food, real VFM.

9) Southern Spice, next to Times of India, Road No. 3, Banjara Hills : Andhra thali.

10) Southern Mirchi, Nagarjuna Hills, lane next to Subway of Nagarjuna Hills : Much better than Southern Spice though less famous.

11) Kakatiya Delux Mess, lane next to JC Brothers, Khairatabad - Kukatpally Main Road, Ameerpet : thali for 60, add on n/v on extra payment, a favourite of Mobike008 and Norules (also me).

12) Paradise, Secunderabad for biryani. Sit only at Persis Gold on 2nd floor and make sure to be there at sharp 1:00 for lunch to enjoy the biryani. Do not forget to request them to serve it with double masala. Avoid taking it as parcel, looses taste.

I suggest you, search all these restaurants on this very thread to read the reviews and what to order when at these places.

If you need more precise suggestions, inform your budget, what cuisine, what food you would prefer. Luckily, Begumpet is well located that distances are not an issue. Yesterday, I drove from Begumpet to Charminar (Madina Junction) which is 9 km in 20 minutes.
Old 9th July 2012, 10:11   #4655
BHPian

Quote:
I suggest you, search all these restaurants on this very thread to read the reviews and what to order when at these places.

If you need more precise suggestions, inform your budget, what cuisine, what food you would prefer. Luckily, Begumpet is well located that distances are not an issue. Yesterday, I drove from Begumpet to Charminar (Madina Junction) which is 9 km in 20 minutes.
Thanks for the exhastive list, will give me enough to explore. My target would be to avoid the national chains and go for the stand alones. How about Haleem what would be the best palace to get it.
Old 9th July 2012, 10:53   #4656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Thanks for the exhastive list, will give me enough to explore. My target would be to avoid the national chains and go for the stand alones. How about Haleem what would be the best palace to get it.
Haleem will start being served from July 19th or thereabouts.

Each person has his own tate and preference so we can have multiple lists with each list stating different top 5 haleems in town during a season.

For immediate consumption (that is, before 19-Jul-2012) : (1) Sarvi Bakery at Banjara Hills opposite Care Hospital ; (2) Midnight Biryani at Hotel Green Park ; (3) Cafe Bahar at Hyderaguda near Basheerbagh Junction ;

During Ramzan : (1) Shah Ghouse at Toli Chowki ; (2) Sarvi Bakery as listed above ; (3) Pista House (though most others will not agree) from any of its various outlets spread across the city ; (4) Paradise (famous for its biryani) at Secunderabad ; (5) Hyline Cafe at Ramkote ;

NOTE : This is my personal choice based on my haleem eating during 2011 and this list is in no way meant to match with the choice of any else.
Old 9th July 2012, 10:55   #4657
BHPian

North Indian Veg/Non Veg buffet

Hi All,

A friend of mine would like to know what is a decent place for a North Indian Buffet priced around Rs 200 per head. The location preference is in an around Madhapur, Gachibowli etc. Head count will be around 25. His preference is dinner but lunch will also be OK if dinner is not an option or expensive.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sudipta : 9th July 2012 at 11:00.
Old 9th July 2012, 11:54   #4658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
They dont pick up any of the numbers listed in the website :(
Yeah, that's because they don't deliver to home.
Old 9th July 2012, 12:35   #4659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Yeah, that's because they don't deliver to home.
I wanted to pickup. I usally order before I start from my house, by the time I reach the restaurent the parcel will be ready

By the way - food was okay. Would say good when compared to what is available in the surroundings

I will still maintain that the best veg food is served at Prem's in chirag ali lane. they have opened up an AC restaurent in the adjacent building and is a much better family place than what it was 3 months back.
Old 9th July 2012, 15:28   #4660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Before Mobike008 or Traveloholic ask me, I had 3 glasses of watermelon juice, 2 glasses sweet lassi, a little fresh fruit, one plate chole-bhature, 1 samosa, 1 masala dosa, 1 vada, 1/4 aloo-pyaaz paratha followed by coffee.
Wow, that was quite a fill !

But what did you do with the 3/4th aloo-pyaaz paratha that was left over?

And is the quantity unlimited?
Old 9th July 2012, 16:11   #4661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
A friend of mine would like to know what is a decent place for a North Indian Buffet priced around Rs 200 per head. The location preference is in an around Madhapur, Gachibowli etc. Head count will be around 25. His preference is dinner but lunch will also be OK if dinner is not an option or expensive.
Increase budget to 279 per head, go for "Hadippa" lunch buffet. Since it is for 25 pax, better meet the owner and reserve in advance and while doing that get the menu tweaked to enjoy the food more.

If you search this thread and also the Hyderabad Meet thread, you will enough enough dope to decide what dishes are "must have" there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
But what did you do with the 3/4th aloo-pyaaz paratha that was left over?

And is the quantity unlimited?
LOL, father had 1/4 and wife had 1/2. I am so used to having extreme stuffed parathas at home that I found them not good enough but have decided to get it made my way from their chef whenever I go next.

Yes, food is unlimited which makes is absolute bang for the buck.
Old 11th July 2012, 11:34   #4662
Team-BHP Support

Harees - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rs 50 per serving.

There was a stall put up adjacent to the mosque, opposite the Hyderabad House on Banjara Hills Road Number 3.

It was quite spicy. I loved it. In fact I bought a little extra and had that for breakfast as well. This particular spot usually gets very good Haleem.

With mutton prices at Rs 340 per kilo. I hope they don't reduce the meat quantity and increase prices this year.
Old 11th July 2012, 11:54   #4663
Senior - BHPian

Organic Store & Dry Noodles in Hyderabad

Just wanted to let people here know that 24 Letter Mantra on Rd 12,Banjara Hills is an excellent option for people who want to buy good and pure organic pulses/rice/veggies/cookies/bread etc.We have been regulars there for quite a bit and what is surprising about the place is that the prices dont vary much when compared to a Ratnadeep price list.Yes sugar is way off the mark but otherwise all the other related things are definitely affordable.They have an excellent assortment of cookies and chocolates.Bread is excellent and freshly made in front of your eyes.I for one have become a big time fan of the place in a relatively short period of time.They also do home deliveries.Home Delivery to Secunderabad is done only once a week.

Compared to the super expensive Namdhari Fresh chain of stores in many places,24 Letter mantra is a very pleasant exception

24 letter mantra

Another bit of small info is if you are looking for fresh dry noodles to cook by yourself at home,then do not look beyond this particular lady at Banjara Hills,RD 3-Moifa Chinese Parlor.She makes and supplies Soy sauce and dry noodles to almost all the upmarket restaurants as well.Quality is excellent and price is jaw dropping.A half kilo of noodles sets you back by just INR35.The place is just before Banjara Hills Police Station.The minimum quantity you would need to buy is half kg.We stopped buying all those packed and processed off the shelf noodles after we started buying these.The freshness is evident.
Old 11th July 2012, 12:00   #4664
Team-BHP Support

Re: Organic Store & Dry Noodles in Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Just wanted to let people here know that 24 Letter Mantra on Rd 12,Banjara Hills is an excellent option for people who want to buy good and pure organic pulses/rice/veggies/cookies/bread etc.
But the selection of vegetables used to be very less?

Have they improved over the past 2-3 months?

I do like the cookies and breads.
Also like the red poha that they stock.

There is a combo offer in Spar. They were selling rice, pulses, chilli, turmeric and coriander powder from 24-Lettered Mantra at Rs 199.
Old 11th July 2012, 12:26   #4665
Senior - BHPian

Re: Organic Store & Dry Noodles in Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
But the selection of vegetables used to be very less?

Have they improved over the past 2-3 months?
They have marginally improved over the last couple of months,but yes it is definitely less.The reason they say is that they stock only seasonal vegetables, as they are sourced from organic farms,apart from the all season Aloo/Onions/Tomatos/Dhaniya/Palak/Green Chillies etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I do like the cookies and breads.
Also like the red poha that they stock.

There is a combo offer in Spar. They were selling rice, pulses, chilli, turmeric and coriander powder from 24-Lettered Mantra at Rs 199.
I did see those combo packets at 24 as well last Sunday,but did not check on the price.Found the Olive oil price to be a good deal as well,a 3 liter can of pure Olitalia olive oil is priced at 1600rs,which is good as opposed to the zillions of other brands that are being flooded in the market and hardly anyone giving them in a can(a large majority of them are in plastic bottles which takes away the effect of the olive oil).

Most Viewed