Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2012, 13:01   #4696
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Not yet decided Ani. Waiting for the Haleem Season to start and then we will chalk out plans for the Haleem Meet.
Eagerly Waiting for your plans on the meet up. Will join no matter what if it's between 4-19'Aug as I will be in Hyd during the time.

Want my first meet up as a BHPian with the Hyderabadis.
Old 17th July 2012, 13:08   #4697
Senior - BHPian

Price & Product List at 24 Letter Mantra Organic Store

I keep receiving this on my email,thought should share it here.This is the latest price and product list of 24 Letter Mantra.

Product List 2012.xls
Old 17th July 2012, 13:53   #4698
Distinguished - BHPian

I think finding cockroaches in KDM is a bit of an exaggeration. I have dined in there 3-4 times in the last 2 months and never saw any. If I had, I would have never gone back.

Except for heavy crowd and below average ambience, the food is simply mindblowing if you like simple Andhra style meals with lots of authentic andhra non veg delicacies as side orders for an extremely reasonable price.

Been visiting KDM quite often since re-discovering it again after 10 years and can totally vouch for its taste.
Old 18th July 2012, 10:54   #4699
BHPian

Last night went to Salz for a friend's birthday party. Initially the party was planned on roof top but due to rain t was shifted to the main restaurant. Had crispy fried fish, baked chicken, onion rings and couple of other starters. Except for the baked chicken, everything else was bland and insipid.

The main course was much better. Herb rice, some chicken and risotto. Decent enough. Do not know the cost but I am sure it was expensive.
Old 18th July 2012, 17:21   #4700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Vijay Curry Point, Next to Sowmya Nursing Home, Ramnagar Road, 10am - 11pm, 091 3355 5670 : boti, heart, gizzard, blood, liver, chicken liver, head, chicken fry, egg fry, egg curry, jonna roti, talakaya kurra, chicken vepudu, Telangana style paya, gongura boti, puntakura boti, etc.
I visited this place today and ordered mutton curry, boti curry, talakaya kura, liver fry and fish fry. Nothing extraordinary. Only Fish fry was very good. Everything else was decent and regular stuff. Kakatiya Mess is way better.

You will not see too many updates from me on this thread as I am going off non-veg from tomorrow for the month of Sravana. Need to think what I should eat for dinner tonight. Veggie food here I come. Sob sob.

Last edited by NoRules : 18th July 2012 at 17:23.
Old 19th July 2012, 10:49   #4701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules
Need to think what I should eat for dinner tonight. Veggie food here I come. Sob sob.
try veg haleem from Pista House...

It has "Haleem" in its name and its veg too...

:-P
Old 19th July 2012, 10:58   #4702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
try veg haleem from Pista House...

Is this available with the mini-Pista House stalls they put across the city or just in the Old city?

How does it taste like and what are the ingredients?
Old 19th July 2012, 11:26   #4703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Is this available with the mini-Pista House stalls they put across the city or just in the Old city?
Yes, it would be available at all the outlets around the city. However, be sure that you reach before 8:00, else they run out of stock of Veg Haleem as they get very very limited stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
How does it taste like and what are the ingredients?
Do you really want to know. I would rather not answer this question. The ingredients are more or less the same as Haleem but without the actual flavours, spices and meat of the REAL HALEEM. It's slimy and tastes like Porridge. Nothing great to speak about albeit good for Veggies who want to know what Haleem is all about. Even though the taste is no where close to the actual one, it might be relished by the Veggies. Tried having a spoon once, could not even have the spoonful.
Old 19th July 2012, 11:37   #4704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Even though the taste is no where close to the actual one, it might be relished by the Veggies. Tried having a spoon once, could not even have the spoonful.
Looks like it's only for the veggies and not to the Haleem lovers. Think I should keep a little distance from it.
Old 19th July 2012, 12:46   #4705
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,
Many outlets are not starting haleem from today.
When is the first haleem meet of this season?
Why not add a few new and upcoming outlets to the regular suspects? We may end up discovering some awesome haleem.
A few which came to my mind are Garden @ Secb'd, Zurna @ RB Road, Pakwan opposite Nizam Club, etc.
Let us also keep Paradise @ Secb'd in the list, one never knows whose palate it my check all the right boxes.
Old 19th July 2012, 21:28   #4706
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nikhil,
Why not add a few new and upcoming outlets to the regular suspects? We may end up discovering some awesome haleem.
A few which came to my mind are Garden @ Secb'd, Zurna @ RB Road, Pakwan opposite Nizam Club, etc.
The latest to join the haleem bandwagon from this year is none other than "Hotel Green Park".

They have set up a take-away counter just inside the entry gate (so that you can enter the gate, buy your haleem, take a u-turn, and exit). No idea on price.

Hotel Green Park has also started an evening unlimited buffet (I think from 6pm onwards) where they serve Haleem, biryani (veg/chicken/mutton), double kaa meethaa, khurbani kaa meethaa, etc. Again, no idea about prices.
Old 20th July 2012, 00:51   #4707
BHPian

Where do you get the best Double Ka Meetha in Hyd?

- Krishnan
Old 20th July 2012, 09:34   #4708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksakotai View Post
Where do you get the best Double Ka Meetha in Hyd?
Double Ka Meetha is a sweet that is not normally sold off-the-shelf.

I have always enjoyed this delicacy at Valima's or at our family functions as we normally prefer DKM, Kaddu Ki Kheer or Kubaani Ka Meetha with KKM being my most favorite.

However, you can give some of the old city hotels like Shadaab, Shah Ghouse or Niagara a try but, I am confident it wont taste that great.
Old 20th July 2012, 10:10   #4709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Double Ka Meetha is a sweet that is not normally sold off-the-shelf.

I have always enjoyed this delicacy at Valima's or at our family functions as we normally prefer DKM, Kaddu Ki Kheer or Kubaani Ka Meetha with KKM being my most favorite.

However, you can give some of the old city hotels like Shadaab, Shah Ghouse or Niagara a try but, I am confident it wont taste that great.
I am going to try and make some this weekend Will post pictures and commentary in the appropriate thread.
Old 20th July 2012, 12:37   #4710
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nikhil, Many outlets are not starting haleem from today.
Traveloholic would be on prowl from today, so expect regular updates on this thread regarding the Haleem and outlets worth trying.

Quote:
When is the first haleem meet of this season?
First Haleem Meet 2012 on 23rd July 2012

Quote:
List coming up soon.

Quote:
I would rather avoid Garden as it does not tick even the wrong boxes.

Quote:
Let us also keep Paradise @ Secb'd in the list, one never knows whose palate it my check all the right boxes.
Hope it ticks the right boxes for me atleast this time.

Most Viewed