Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2012, 12:38   #4966
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
I hope you are not confused between the 2 outlets of VACS. One is in Trimulgherry and the other(new) is in Jubilee Hills. The one in Trimulgherry is about 3 kms from Patni and 12 kms from Uppal ring road.

King Horn in Habsiguda can also be tried. IMO, a lil hyped place. Owner is not very customer centric, you will have to rely on the boys showing/packing the cake. Been tasting birthday cakes from there for 5 years now (10-12 cakes every year). I personally do not like he taste (could be that I am bored of eating them repeatedly)

If you are coming from Uppal, take a U-turn from the IOC petrol bunk before Habsiguda cross roads. After the U-turn, keep left and drive for a couple of 100 metres, you will pass 78 degrees just before you reach Kinghorn.

Trust me, driving down till Trimulgherry is worth it. BTW you can stop by King Horn and check if you want.
Sure, will give both a try. Last weekend drove to Karachi Bakery, took almost an hour for me to drive. Definitely its not my place to buy the cake, if I do, half a day would go on a waste.
Old 15th October 2012, 12:46   #4967
Team-BHP Support

Nanking at Parklane is shutdown. I guess this is after the unfortunate incident of a wall collapsing and killing someone.

Lius, which shared the kitchen is however open.
Its a small restaurant and the entrance is from behind Nanking.

We were a group of 11. The chairs are not very comfortable. We ordered a couple of vegetarian fried rice and noodles.
Also ordered a Garlic Chicken Sauce, Chicken lollipops and fried prawns.

Over all the food was quite good. The lollipops were excellent.

I did not pay the bill so don't know the total amount. But the menu prices seemed quite ok for a restaurant of its level.

I would go back for the chicken lollipops.
Old 15th October 2012, 13:05   #4968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
700 waiters at Secunderabad hotel and 150 waiters at Prasadz outlet. Since they are so many, the waiters tote "numbers" instead of names on their name plate
700 waiters at one outlet? You gotta be kidding! Unless they skip 5-6 numbers after every number while counting
Old 15th October 2012, 13:14   #4969
BHPian

Went to Kailash Parbat based on recommendations that I read here. Loved the food. Pricey, but great food. We didnt have a chance to try out their main course, but had chats and chole bhature. Every single item that we had was perfect.

The experience could have better if we didn't have to put up with the noise and racket created by a LARGE inconsiderate group (family?) that spoilt the entire ambience. Will definitely go back to try their main course.
Old 15th October 2012, 13:27   #4970
Senior - BHPian

Jalpaan-Begumpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Paradise Trivia
700 waiters at Secunderabad hotel and 150 waiters at Prasadz outlet. Since they are so many, the waiters tote "numbers" instead of names on their name plate
Nice trivia,but I am not entirely convinced that 700 is the number as in comparison a hotel as large as The Leela Kempinski at Gurgaon only has a total staff strength of 700 people.700 might be the number of people on their rolls!

On a related note,happened to be at Jalpaan which is in the Spar building on the 4th floor.

One word-Big Letdown.402(all inclusive) per head for a lunch buffet is a complete ripoff.Very very average tasting food.The sarson ka saag was the only saving grace.Dinner afaik is priced at INR 460(AI).By the way this is a veg only place.Service is just passable.

Was at Kailash Parbat's lunch buffet the other day after a malayalam movie and the buffet was fabulous.Worth the money at INR 340(all inclusive).Not that I am a glutton by any measure,but we really enjoyed the thought and heart that went into the cooking,the highlight was the unlimited chaat counter.KP's chaats are any day good so this was the best way to satiate our chaat souls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notyetgrey View Post
The experience could have better if we didn't have to put up with the noise and racket created by a LARGE inconsiderate group (family?) that spoilt the entire ambience.
Well this is fast becoming an Indian norm.I always wonder why would anybody want others in a restaurant to know that they are having a good time?And once these noisy groups come in,they give an entirely different meaning to the word-Fine Dining

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 15th October 2012 at 13:32.
Old 15th October 2012, 22:12   #4971
BHPian

I was thinking of getting a made to order 'theme' cake for my wife's birthday, like the ones seen on TV. Do you guys know any such places in Hyderabad ?
Old 15th October 2012, 22:19   #4972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
I was thinking of getting a made to order 'theme' cake for my wife's birthday, like the ones seen on TV. Do you guys know any such places in Hyderabad ?
Did a lil googling for you. Got this info from burrp. Never tried but looks nice.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...cakeshyderabad
Old 15th October 2012, 22:25   #4973
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If the theme is cup cakes, then you might want to check out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A friend who bought a new car ordered these lovely cup cakes as a treat.

Prices depend on your order.
You can expect it to be approximately 600-900 for a dozen.

The cakes are tasty. The cream is fresh and the chocolate car on the top was a nice touch.

For more details: http://hyderabadcupcakery.webs.com/
Old 15th October 2012, 22:26   #4974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Labonel is the place for you.

www.labonel.net

Though if you want to do a bake yourself cake,then there are plenty of blogs I could help you with since its bake-cakes-at-home fever time at home now!

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 15th October 2012 at 22:32.
Old 15th October 2012, 22:53   #4975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
If the theme is cup cakes, then you might want to check out
Thanks Imran. I think they might have what I've been looking for. Guess its pricey !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Though if you want to do a bake yourself cake,then there are plenty of blogs I could help you with since its bake-cakes-at-home fever time at home now!
Me and bake at home ! No way, it will be a sure-shot disaster. It would be better to spend some extra money and get it made by the experts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
Did a lil googling for you. Got this info from burrp. Never tried but looks nice.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...cakeshyderabad
This one I know. A friend of mine has tried their cakes. However she was saying that they are not very tasty. Thanks anyway buddy

Last edited by autotranny : 15th October 2012 at 22:56.
Old 15th October 2012, 23:09   #4976

Would suggest friends of our Kailash and Anilee for this. They are passionate about their cakes and have done several custom orders. You can check out some of their creations on Facebook. Just do a search for Flame Tree Fine Bakes or www.facebook.com/flametreefinebakes
--Ramesh
Old 16th October 2012, 11:09   #4977
BHPian

Quote:
You can try the following link. They make limited cakes per day and they do a real good job. I had got one for my daughters birthday and was impressed.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet...ref=ts&fref=ts
Old 16th October 2012, 15:00   #4978
BHPian

Quote:
Ajay, the cakes what you see on TV are made with Fondant, which are heavy sugar based. The cakes with Fondant's look beautiful but do not taste that great as they tend to get harder as they get dried up.

I would suggest to get it made in cream. I did the same thing for my son's first birthday. As you are very well aware of my love for food and everything that speaks about food, I was clear right from the time I planned as to what I wanted and the person, who made this cake for me was surprised as I was speaking to him in his language and that discussion of ours ensured that it was delivered the way I wanted it. You would seldom find exotic flavors, which this guy offers. Irish Cream, White Forest and a lot more. Even though, it would be a bit far away from where you stay, it would be worth it.

The pic on the left was the theme and the one on right is how it turned up. Also attached the next pic with the theme and etc.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-cake.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_0199.jpg

This is situated at Dilsukh Nagar and I shall pass his contact information to you.
Old 16th October 2012, 16:08   #4979
Senior - BHPian

Terrible piping and airbrushing skills displayed on that cake! Hopefully the basic cake tasted nice. Sorry, @traveloholic, didn't want to rain on your party, but couldn't resist commenting.
Old 17th October 2012, 11:12   #4980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
This is situated at Dilsukh Nagar and I shall pass his contact information to you.
Thanks Nikhil. I have got the picture of the cake I have in mind. Will try and send it to everyone of these people and see which one of them has a better option

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks