Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2013, 12:34   #5431
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
You missed out Alpha.This place also serves one of the best Chicken Biryani in twin cities.
Yes totally agree.Alpha does indeed serve a very nice one.Garden's on the other hand is quite un-palatable
Old 20th March 2013, 12:41   #5432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
At Prince & Alhamdulillah mutton means only Beef and if I remember correctly they clearly mention this on the menu.
Your right. It was clearly mentioned in the Prince menu card ( Board on the wall, actually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
Food update during the weekend

On Friday during work went to Palamuru Grill as recomended by Norules. Took away Chiken Kabab and Mutton Biryani for 2 and the bill came to Rs 380.
Excellent Update Sashi. Looks like I will drop into PG sometime later this week to try out their kebabs. Any recommendation from their menu?
Old 20th March 2013, 14:45   #5433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Excellent Update Sashi. Looks like I will drop into PG sometime later this week to try out their kebabs. Any recommendation from their menu?
I was at PG with a friend for lunch today. This place is becoming popular. All the tables were full and while we were eating 3 more friends of mine walked in.

Ordered:

Mutton Kebab @ 159/- was superb. It was pretty spicy, just how I like it and the charcoal smoky flavor added to the taste. Recommend strongly but it might be a bit on spicy side for most people.

Mutton Pulao @ 169/- was decent. Essentially it is pulao rice with mutton fry pieces (the standard fry piece biryani). Rice was a bit undercooked but the mutton was very good.

Dalcha Mutton @ 129/- with plain rice @ 49/- was good.

Total bill for 2 - Rs.527/-
Old 20th March 2013, 17:14   #5434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
It is "NOT" yet open for business, only lights have been switched on as an advertising to make public aware of the outlet.

SaikatMandal04(hope I got the handle right) shared a photo with me on WhatsApp on wednesday evening around 7pm and I nearly started off to get myself a 2 piece chicken double masala biryani.

A small doubt came to mind so called their Basheerbagh/Hyderguda outlet and they told me that they will open the Begumpet outlet after around 15 days or so.
It seems Bahar is finally going to open today. Saw an ad in the Hyderabad Times today. I think you can start off to order your fav dishes now.
Old 20th March 2013, 22:05   #5435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
It seems Bahar is finally going to open today. Saw an ad in the Hyderabad Times today. I think you can start off to order your fav dishes now.
Thanks. Yes, it opened today. The whole of owner's family was missing from their Hyderguda outlet when I went there to get a biryani parcel at lunch time. By the way, I only parcel 2-piece-chicken double-masala biryani (190/-) from there, nothing else.
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:50   #5436
Senior - BHPian

Peperoncino-Rd 12,Banjara Hills

Quote:
Thanks.
We were at the new(not really new opened about 6months back) Italian restaurant in town named Peperoncino which is located bang opposite Ratnadeep on Road 12,Banjara Hills.

I must admit that the food was excellent.Service top class and quick.Ambience amazing.Pricing spot on.Plenty of underground parking available-free as well!

Something that was really impressive was the thought that has gone into the cutlery-kids are given colorful high grade melamine bowls,plates,spoon and glasses.Its such a relief as it takes away the otherwise constant tension that parents have with regards to kids dropping restaurant glassware.

Pizzas are all 9inchers and sliced in 8 equal parts and all are thin crust and very lavish with the toppings(plenty of veggies).The pizzas are priced in the range of 235-275.All other dishes(pastas,breads,etc)have a small portion and a large portion.We found the servings to be very generous.The large would easily serve 2 people adequately.The mutton lasagne was excellent though I would have loved it soaked in Bechmel sauce,whereas here it was dry.Pasta in mascarpone sauce was also excellent.Overall we ran up a bill of INR 900(pizza,pasta,lasagne-all large portions we actually underestimated their portion size-2 large servings would have been more than adequate),there is a 10% sc and a 5%VAT.

Squeaky clean washrooms,regular filtered drinking water available and served so very innovatively in bottles topped with a cork.

One side of the restaurant wall is replaced with large windows(a-la french windows) and the views of the city are amazing.There is also a very tastefully done up outdoor seating section,which would be a hit during the winters I am sure,overlooking Road 12.

Overall lovely place.I am not going back to Little Italy ever,and if I ever go back to Truffles it would be only for their Lasagne Bolognese.Via Milano-sorry no more.I just hope this place makes enough business for them to sustain,the owner looks serious about being in the business for a long run as a lot of thought and investment has gone into the place.
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:48   #5437
Team-BHP Support

Interesting advertising from MacDonalds.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-488104_551219834917944_191467848_n.jpg

A single piece of chicken costs Rs 109.
The double piece costs Rs 175.

A very interesting play of words. I first read this as if you get the double fillet at the price of a single.

But in reality its just a play of words.

So what the advertisement says is: price of the buns is x, patty is y.

when you buy double patty, you pay x + y + y.
Instead of 2x + 2y.
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:58   #5438
BHPian

Re: Peperoncino-Rd 12,Banjara Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
We were at the new(not really new opened about 6months back) Italian restaurant in town named Peperoncino which is located bang opposite Ratnadeep on Road 12,Banjara Hills.
Was waiting for someone to post a review. Thanks Ranjitp1.

Once I was in the vicinity during lunch hour with a friend and wanted to eat at Peperoncino but my friend did not want to go to an Italian joint, so ended up eating at Ohri's.

Will definitely give it a try soon.
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:15   #5439
BHPian

Testa Rossa, Road No. 10, Jubilee Hills :

They have tied up with SnapDeal and offer a corporate express lunch for an all inclusive price of 199/- : http://www.snapdeal.com/deal-hyderab...ossa?pos=35;61
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-testarossa_corporateexpresslunch.jpg
The same lunch is priced at 199/-++ for veg (230/-) and 249/-++ for n/v (288/-) for walk in customers.

The 4 course lunch is good and filling.

Had 2 lunches today (self + 1). Sat on Ground Floor itself as + 1 cannot climb stairs. There were 5 tables of which 1 was occupied. While we were sitting down, 1 more table got occupied. Later during the meal, all tables got occupied.

Ordered Cilantro Chicken Wings (4 wings) and Paprika Chicken (8 small pieces). Was served with a side of raw sliced onions (the way onions are served with tandoori dishes).

Mix veg soup with a slice of garlic bread. Huge on quantity and ok in taste.

Ordered a bowl of garden salad for extra amount (57/-). They delivered it after the main course so rejected it. Did not get billed and did not pay for it.

Ordered Lasagne and Steak as main course. Quantity was huge and taste was nice. There was no compromise on quantity of chicken or cheese.

Blueberry Cheese Cake was a small (very small) slice while Brownie with Ice Cream was decently portioned dessert.

All in all, worth it and hugely VFM.

Cons :

1) Delayed service of salad.

2) No one gave us menu for 10 minutes though the same server served soup within a couple of minute (figurative) to the other table which had got occupied exactly at the same time.

3) They do not serve water unless you buy it. Of course, if you nsist for free drinking water, they do serve it unlike Truffles who insist on everyone to buy it.

4) Kitchen staff is good so food is good. Wait staff is untrained and lack knowledge and have no clue what they are doing so they are always running around in circles wasting customers' time and utilising their own time.

5) Though the deal is hyped as All Inclusive 199/-, it actually costs 200/-. Not the question of 1/-, it is a matter of ethics as to why they should bill 200/- instead of 199/-. Shameful, but hold on, read the next point for more shame to them.

6) There was no toilet roll next to the WC. It was next to the wash basin. Cannot believe myself that this is the pathetic condition of an Austria based international chain.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-testarossatoilet.jpg
Sorry for the poor quality of the image above.

Will go back as long as they have this or some other good deal else no way I am going to waste money there at their full rates.
Old 22nd March 2013, 19:56   #5440
BHPian

Quote:
There was no toilet roll next to the WC. It was next to the wash basin.
lol....i think that roll was to be used to wipe hands n mouth a la paper towels! Talk about wiping the wrong end!
Old 23rd March 2013, 21:11   #5441
Distinguished - BHPian

We dropped in for lunch at Papaji Ka Dhaba today. It was perfectly timed lunch as we reached around 1:15pm

We ordered for the following :-

Ginger Chicken

This is legendary at Papaji though the quantity of oil in the dish is tad high but, the chicken was super fresh and ginger taste unique to PKD

Rotis as usual were very good. Crisp and Hot

Mutton Biryani

I totally love their double masala mutton biryani. It was served with extra quantity of mutton pieces ( due to my favorite waiter) and this biryani is so different from the Paradise or other such places that it is very refereshing to taste and meat was marinated and engulfed in masalas so much that it was heavenly

Above was washed down with 1/2 glass of Lassi between me and wifey. Thick, Frothy and Chilled

This meal almost knocked us into a blissful coma

Total Damages : Rs.425

Right from the parking guy to sardar owner to the waiters know me so well that i get a special attention which is enjoyable and feels like home. I love Papaji Ka Dhaba !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd March 2013 at 21:12.
Old 24th March 2013, 10:17   #5442
BHPian

Last night ordered double meat mutton biryani @ Rs.220/- from the newly opened Cafe Bahaar, Begumpet.

Long grain aromatic rice, lots of mutton pieces, good amount of masala, the flavor - everything was excellent. I had only 2 issues - the amount of ghee used was high and it was not at all spicy. Otherwise a perfect biryani.

The portion was good enough for 3 adults. Looking forward to eat in the restaurant soon.
Old 25th March 2013, 13:28   #5443
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening ordered home-delivery from Tezz Chicken, Himayathnagar

Boat Pieces ( 2 No's) : Rs. 115
3 Chicken Sliders : Rs.99
Delivery Charges : Rs.20

Total : Rs.245 inclusive of VAT

Delivered in 45mins from time of order. Not great service and taste is definetly inferior to KFC.

Will try their Lamb Burger next time. Otherwise, regular fried chicken, no great shakes.
Old 25th March 2013, 13:34   #5444
Team-BHP Support

Chutneys at Nagajuna Hills.

My daughter prefers vegetarian restaurants. So stopped by at Chutney's for dinner on Saturday evening.

For around Rs 490, we had
* Guntur idlies
* Plain idlies.
* Masala Dosa
* Rava Dosa.
* 2 coffees.

The food was excellent. Liked everything including the different types of chutney's.

But the outstanding thing is service.
In one word: AWESOME.

Really loved the way the staff makes a simple evening special.
Old 25th March 2013, 15:02   #5445
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday afternoon went to Mama Mia Italia at Sainik Puri for some handmade Pizza. This was place was referred to us with the highest ratings and we weren't disappointed.

The place is run by a UK returned couple and they are just about starting. Though seating is a bit tight at the moment, am sure they will be forced to expand soon.

In a nutshell, this is what Over The Flames was when they had opened. Only better in terms of food and service.

Overall: 4/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks