Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:51   #5506
BHPian

Re: Paradise opens at Kukatpally-Today 22 Apr-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Paradise opens today.Located on the Lower Ground Floor of the South India Mall,open from 11am to 11pm.It also has the Paradise Bakery and Takeaway included.
When did Paradise close down

I thought Paradise has existed in Hyderabad since nearly 60 years so why will it open from today?

Sorry, just could not understand what you meant by your post.
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:01   #5507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
When did Paradise close down

I thought Paradise has existed in Hyderabad since nearly 60 years so why will it open from today?

Sorry, just could not understand what you meant by your post.
I guess you missed out on reading the title of the post.Paradise is opening at Kukatpally today.

On an alternate note,Decathlon is all set to open in Hyderabad in July opposite the GMR Aero towers near the airport.For the uninitiated Decathlon is the sports equivalent of Metro Cash & Carry and have now began retail operations as well.For all the sports buffs,this is definitely good news.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 22nd April 2013 at 12:08.
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:32   #5508
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you missed out on reading the title of the post.Paradise is opening at Kukatpally today.
I sure did miss reading the title. Oops!!!
Old 23rd April 2013, 17:32   #5509
BHPian

Quote:
Paradise opens today.Located on the Lower Ground Floor of the South India Mall,open from 11am to 11pm.It also has the Paradise Bakery and Takeaway included.
My neighbor is from the Paradise family and he took my kids for the opening. They told me the spread was unbelievable. Any and every and all kinds of kebabs were served to the guests and both my kids thoroughly enjoyed the fare.

Chef Inam's has opened a branch at Banjara Hills Road No. 12, Near Kaman, Opp. APCPDCL, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. I read somewhere that the Road. no.2 unit will close down.

Haiking is opening on Road No.36. There is a huge banner in front of one of the buildings opposite to N Grill.

Last edited by NoRules : 23rd April 2013 at 17:36.
Old 23rd April 2013, 17:36   #5510
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Planning for a "Continental Dinner Buffet" sometime this week.

Can any recommendations come through? Items on fare, price, quality feedback etc.

If no recommendations, then will head straight to Indijoe's.
Old 23rd April 2013, 18:31   #5511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Planning for a "Continental Dinner Buffet" sometime this week.

Can any recommendations come through? Items on fare, price, quality feedback etc.

If no recommendations, then will head straight to Indijoe's.
Have you tried Ofen? No buffet but a good place for Continental. Indijoe's is anyways a good choice.
Old 24th April 2013, 10:49   #5512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
My neighbor is from the Paradise family and he took my kids for the opening. They told me the spread was unbelievable. Any and every and all kinds of kebabs were served to the guests and both my kids thoroughly enjoyed the fare.

Chef Inam's has opened a branch at Banjara Hills Road No. 12, Near Kaman, Opp. APCPDCL, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. I read somewhere that the Road. no.2 unit will close down.

Haiking is opening on Road No.36. There is a huge banner in front of one of the buildings opposite to N Grill.
You seem to have some fancy neighbours.

Chef Inam has been disappointing last 2 times and they seem to be loosing the plot.

Haiking also has been a failure since the past 3 years. Lets hope they get their act right at the new outlet.
Quote:
Have you tried Ofen? No buffet but a good place for Continental. Indijoe's is anyways a good choice.
I have always enjoyed my food at Ofen.

Via Milano can be an option. No buffet for dinner. You can check out their menu at https://www.facebook.com/ViaMilanoHy...37422109609659

I have not visited VM in some times now but Ravveendrra visited it a couple of times recently so check with him.
Old 24th April 2013, 12:49   #5513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Been to ofen a couple of times for breakfast long time back. But, never for a lunch or dinner meal.

Quote:
Haiking also has been a failure since the past 3 years. Lets hope they get their act right at the new outlet.
Haiking used to be good but, not anymore. A cousin had some bad experience a few years ago twice ( cockroach in the food).

But, its more famous because Tollywood star Nagarjuna frequents this place in Hyderguda often. It's also quite overpriced in Hyderguda itself so JH outlet may as well be exorbitant

Quote:
Via Milano can be an option.
Do they have a lunch buffet? Plan is shifting to sunday lunch/brunch. Need to do this before tuesday as she is heading out by then.
Old 24th April 2013, 15:32   #5514
BHPian

Quote:
Been to ofen a couple of times for breakfast long time back. But, never for a lunch or dinner meal.

Do they have a lunch buffet? Plan is shifting to sunday lunch/brunch. Need to do this before tuesday as she is heading out by then.
Ofen for BF was never enticing as it is a-la-carte.

Via Milano has an extensive unlimited sunday brunch priced @ 910/- per head.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-viamilano.jpg
Old 26th April 2013, 15:53   #5515
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks ASB for the Via Milano Menu. 900 bucks is too much, I would prefer that to include other amenities too and not just food

Any other good lunch buffet recommendations for Sunday in the Rs.500-Rs.700 range. Something like Indijoe's?

Note :

Hydeez, please be ready for the Awadhi Food Festival from Lucknow in Hotel Marriot, Tank Bund from April 26th-May 7th

I have no clue for the pricing. If anyone knows, please share here

P.S: Could be a great opportunity for a Team-BHP Dinner Meet
Old 26th April 2013, 16:05   #5516
BHPian

Quote:
Note :

Hydeez, please be ready for the Awadhi Food Festival from Lucknow in Hotel Marriot, Tank Bund from April 26th-May 7th

I have no clue for the pricing. If anyone knows, please share here

P.S: Could be a great opportunity for a Team-BHP Dinner Meet
Avi,

They have a set menu for Veg at Rs.1300/- plus taxes and Veg/Non Veg Rs.1600/- plus taxes (19.10%). One can also order as per individuals requirement.
Old 26th April 2013, 16:06   #5517
BHPian

Guys,

Along the way from Gachibowli to Secunderabad via Hitech City,Jubilee Road, does anyone knw if there is a small regular chicken joint ( i am bored of all those big places in tight cozy places, We have been to every big restaraunt around thanks to Corporate parties ).

A simple joint where you can just stop get down and pick up some lovely food. Some tikkas,chinese starters, kebabs . Something very simple ,mundane and ofcourse satisfying your palettes.

Please help me locate !!!

Thanks
Sunny
Old 26th April 2013, 16:11   #5518
Senior - BHPian

For those who are on the lookout for late night eating options, I've heard from my son that IK London Residency is open till 5 am every night with decent options, apart from biryani. Till now, I thought only Hotel Green Park was the option.

The hotel is located in Kapadia Lane, Somajiguda, opposite the entrance gate to Asian Institute of Gastroenterology.
Old 26th April 2013, 18:43   #5519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
For those who are on the lookout for late night eating options, I've heard from my son that IK London Residency is open till 5 am every night with decent options, apart from biryani. Till now, I thought only Hotel Green Park was the option..
The food quality is Pathetic here,this place survives for the very reason that its is located very close to Asian Institute Of Gastroenterology.This hotel is always brimming with travelers (read patient attenders) from GCC and neighboring countries.

Waseem.
Old 26th April 2013, 21:05   #5520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The food quality is Pathetic here,this place survives for the very reason that its is located very close to Asian Institute Of Gastroenterology.This hotel is always brimming with travelers (read patient attenders) from GCC and neighboring countries.

Waseem.
It appears biryani was good there, and priced at Rs 190 only. I also came to know that it is filled to the brim with guys from Kismet and other pubs in Park and Katriya hotel, who move over to that place for food after the pubs close.

Since I have never had food there, I cannot vouch first hand for their quality.

Most Viewed