Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2013, 23:20   #5866
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Jay, the guy, Raju who sells Phirni, Rabdi, Fruit Salad, Qubani Ka Meetha only sells it during the season. Try his Phirni and Rabdi, they are the best deserts sold by this guy. I wanted him to take up an order for one of my parties, he was unable to take up the order as they make it only during this season.
Oh! I just took a passing glance on the table and the phirni looked like the ones that I always see in shelves of most of the hotels and thought they are the regular ones. I even had one yesterday from inside the hotel rather than picking from the table. It was really good. I am not sure if they were the same. Next time I am surely trying other items from the table too. Thanks for the suggestion.

Regarding the meet, yes, I will put my name in the tentative list and will be joining only if I can hitch a ride with someone from HiTec city area. I don't want to take my car to all the crowded places and I don't have a bike (neither do I know how to ride one )

Last edited by jayded : 15th July 2013 at 23:21.
Old 16th July 2013, 12:22   #5867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Its not about trustworthy as it will be 100% genuine but, remember it will be reaching the outlets at around 5pm and they sell the same stuff till it gets over at night or maybe even carry it forward next day
When you eat at an original outlet, you can see the haleem coming out of the batti and know its fresh. Simple !
No particular order. However, my favorite last year were as follows :-

Shadab
Can I get haleem at their take away counter at Banjara Hills. Having heard good reviews of their biryani, I am planning to visit them, will include the Haleems as well if its available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
Such pre packaged Haleems from Pista House are not 'fresh'. God knows when it was manufactured, as they don't have any date/time printed on it.

All I can say is that, I have seen so many Pista House Haleem selling points, that I am believed to imagine they are making it in some factory. I would definitely not recommend anyone eating such Haleem.
Pista House had setup a makeshift stall at my office and selling packed chicken haleem for 120/-
As per my colleagues review, they are good. Should I give it a shot.
On a side note: I have never tasted Haleem before.
Old 16th July 2013, 12:57   #5868
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Can I get haleem at their take away counter at Banjara Hills. On a side note: I have never tasted Haleem before.
Dont think so much. Just get yourself a bowl of haleem and then decide if you like it or not

For many first timers, its an acquired taste
Old 16th July 2013, 14:54   #5869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post

Pista House had setup a makeshift stall at my office and selling packed chicken haleem for 120/-
As per my colleagues review, they are good. Should I give it a shot.
On a side note: I have never tasted Haleem before.
I'm going say the same thing as Avi...

Quote:
Dont think so much. Just get yourself a bowl of haleem and then decide if you like it or not
Old 17th July 2013, 19:24   #5870
BHPian

First Haleem Meet of the Season

Please check the below thread for further details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...oon-drive.html
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-meet2.jpg  

Old 18th July 2013, 23:33   #5871
BHPian

For those around Yashoda Hospital / Somajiguda, Sarvi haleem is being sold from Red Rose Restaurant on Panjagutta road.

Tried it out yesterday, the taste looked fine - similar to Banjara hills outlet, however I felt the quantity served/parceled was a little less.
The person mentioned that they get it from Banjara Hills, and keep it hot in here in a bhatti at RedRose.
Old 19th July 2013, 18:36   #5872
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post3183555
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-m3.jpg  

Old 23rd July 2013, 00:26   #5873
BHPian

As discussed with few folks in Haleem meet last Saturday, address for the New Max Ice-cream is as below -

1) Musheerabad - Shop 1, Nisha Arora Complex, Opposite Guru Nanak hospital, Bakaram To Musheerabad road, Musheerabad

2) Nampally - G 1 Mukkaram Estate, Bazar Ghat Road, Nampally
http://www.zomato.com/hyderabad/new-...ly/menu#tabtop

I have been to their Musheerabad outlet only. The ambience is not as posh as the other premium ice cream stores but they sure are ahead in the taste. A look at their pricing and you will be tempted to visit them daily. I rate them better than Famous and Gaffur at MJ Market.

PS - Been to Famous and Gaffur only once and that was during the last Haleem meet.
Old 23rd July 2013, 03:04   #5874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I rate them better than Famous
Farukh, that is quite a recognition to the New Max guys. Surpassing 'Famous' is an acheivement. Will keep this name for December
Old 26th July 2013, 08:15   #5875
Distinguished - BHPian

Alright, Iam going to say something that will probably wont be digested too easily on this thread

Couple of days back, got a take away from Paradise at IMAX of Haleem (Rs.100) and Chicken Biryani Spl ( Rs. 210)

Haleem was pretty good. Nothing to rave about and neither can it be put down. But, will i go back again for haleem. NO

Chicken Biryani was huge quanity and loads of chicken pieces and easily good enough for 3-4 people. The person at counter said good for 2 people so you can imagine the type of clientele they get

Anyways, taste was good but, got sick of the same masala smell. I think i have had the Paradise Biryani enough and will have to seriously give it a break for a couple of months as the smell and taste is simply overpowering and lingering on the tastebuds permanently

Time to check out other biryanis in town as I normally eat biryani atleast once a week. Any recommendations?
Old 26th July 2013, 10:43   #5876
BHPian

Quote:
got a take away from Paradise at IMAX of Haleem (Rs.100) and Chicken Biryani Spl ( Rs. 210)

will i go back again for haleem. NO

I think i have had the Paradise Biryani enough and will have to seriously give it a break for a couple of months as the smell and taste is simply overpowering and lingering on the tastebuds permanently

Time to check out other biryanis in town as I normally eat biryani atleast once a week. Any recommendations?
You need to eat Paradise Haleem only when I am around there with you, it will make you want to go back again and again and again.

If it is Chicken Biryani, nothing to beat Bahar (Hyderguda). Their 2-Piece Chicken Biryani with double masala is the way to go. At 220/-, it is the best around. Begumpet Bahar just cannot match it.

Prince at Mehdipatnam is another good option except that I got put off with their hygiene standards at the takeaway counter (cannot even imagine the conditions in the kitchen).
Old 26th July 2013, 11:40   #5877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
You need to eat Paradise Haleem only when I am around there with you, it will make you want to go back again and again and again.
Yes, I agree. Last year when we ate Paradise Haleem together ( I even remember the funny way we parked and ate in front of the gate in PG Road) it was heavenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
If it is Chicken Biryani, nothing to beat Bahar (Hyderguda). Their 2-Piece Chicken Biryani with double masala is the way to go. At 220/-, it is the best around. Begumpet Bahar just cannot match it.

Prince at Mehdipatnam is another good option except that I got put off with their hygiene standards at the takeaway counter (cannot even imagine the conditions in the kitchen).
Honestly speaking i never tried this at Bahar Hyderguda, will go there and check it out since you rave about it so much

I agree on Prince Biryani. Though the taste is good but, I balk at going to that shabby area/hotel
Old 26th July 2013, 13:42   #5878
BHPian

Folks, any pointers on simple vegetarian North Indian Thali/Roti curry joints. I like Naivedyam at Ameerpet Lal Bungalow, Some Bhojanalay at Kothaguds T junction 1st floor as an example. I want something similar to these. Simple, hygienic, tasty and nice.
Old 26th July 2013, 15:00   #5879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Folks, any pointers on simple vegetarian North Indian Thali/Roti curry joints. I like Naivedyam at Ameerpet Lal Bungalow, Some Bhojanalay at Kothaguds T junction 1st floor as an example. I want something similar to these. Simple, hygienic, tasty and nice.
I have been to Naveydim in Ameerpet. I found it simple and average. I personally wouldnt go back there again.

Plenty of such places in Hyderabad. Iam not aware of their names though have been there

1. There is one very nice joint opp to M.G Road Police Station in a lane exactly opp to KFC

2. Gujarati Bhojanalaya at Pragati Lane, Abids

3. Sai Ram Mess, Begumpet. Neat, lovely simple andhra food

4. Santosh Dhaba. Though some people like their food, some dont...

Will post more as I recall

P.S: Btw, interesting handle. What does it mean?
Old 26th July 2013, 17:09   #5880
BHPian

Quote:
If you are ok with the not -so famous Biryani joints, then I can recommend Mehfill at SD road for Biryani with live Qawwali. The Biryani tasted great a couple of times I had it there. Dont know about their consistency though.

Most Viewed