Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Again I had to dig this thread from four pages back

Saturday went to Ruci & Adoni for a lovely dinner

We had the following :-

Raw Mango Lemonade
Chicken Peri Peri
Chicken Mediterreanean Pizza

Each and every item was outstanding with special mention to CPP. Total Damages was Rs.1025 for 3 items so its pretty expensive considering 30% of the bill is taxes as its normal practice with Ohri's group...Grrrr

Iam going back again for dinner tomorrow with mom who loves pizzas
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00001777_edit_edit_01.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00001778_edit_01.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00001779_edit_01.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th November 2013 at 09:17.
Old 26th November 2013, 10:21   #6032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You seem to know an awful lot about Himayathnagar and surrounding area? Do you live close by? If yes, lets meet for a plate of Dosa
Was born and brought up in Himayath Nagar, then stayed for 24 years in Bogulkunta and now temporarily back to Himayath Nagar, very close to Hotel Bagara. Very much familiar with the area but when it comes to knowledge of food and eating places, you are the King! Would be a pleasure to meet up for a plate of Dosa.
Old 26th November 2013, 11:11   #6033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... lets meet for a plate of Dosa ...
You fasting or something? That seems a bit too less for ... err ... ah ... a person who is Numero Uno in setting standards?

Quote:
... Chicken Mediterreanean Pizza ...
8 slices! Hmmm... how big was the pizza? 12" / 15"?
Old 26th November 2013, 11:13   #6034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
You fasting or something?
Just a warm up I guess!
Old 26th November 2013, 14:58   #6035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Was born and brought up in Himayath Nagar, then stayed for 24 years in Bogulkunta and now temporarily back to Himayath Nagar, very close to Hotel Bagara. Very much familiar with the area but when it comes to knowledge of food and eating places, you are the King! Would be a pleasure to meet up for a plate of Dosa.
That's nice. I pass Bagara a few times each day and we can certainly hook up for a quick bite. Do share your coordinates via. PM

Quote:
You fasting or something? That seems a bit too less for ... err ... ah ... a person who is Numero Uno in setting standards?
Quote:
Just a warm up I guess!
Holy Cow! Do you guys really have an impression that to be satiated I need to eat 100 rotis, 10kgs of rice and a drum full of sweets?

Iam sorry to shatter that myth. my portions are like any other human being, just that the taste buds always craves for more

Quote:
8 slices! Hmmm... how big was the pizza? 12" / 15"?
Frankly, never understood this 8" or 12" story. For me its all number of slices and size of those slices.

Yeah, the pizza was quite huge for that price and it was a herculean effort to demolish the last 2-3 slices and post that I was all set to snore in a theatre but, the movie turned out to be extremely lovely ( more on it on English Movie thread)
Old 26th November 2013, 15:12   #6036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... to be satiated I need to eat 100 rotis, 10kgs of rice and a drum full of sweets? ...
Not THAT much - more like 6 roti, 1 qorma, 8-10 kadi kabab, 1 plate biryani and some teeny weeny dessert! No no, that is not much.

Quote:
... Frankly, never understood this 8" or 12" story. For me its all number of slices and size of those slices. ...
That reminds me of the gentleman who, when asked whether he wants his pizza cut to 4 slices or 6, said "Make it 4 slices - I am not that hungry today".
Old 27th November 2013, 18:56   #6037
BHPian

This thread has been of immense valuable info to me. I found OTF through this thread.thanks mobike for that!been going there for 2.5years now.every friday is OTF day.

my recent fav place is the chicken alfam at Angara Chandanagar. they give chicken alfam for 240 full which is spot on for taste every time. If anybody has not tried chicken alfam I suggest you do. You will get chicken alfam at chandanagar's angara only and no where else of angaras.

Can anybody tell how is Dine Hill at Masab Tank? Also suggestions for chicken places is also welcome.places on the lines of angara or so.

Anvancy
Old 28th November 2013, 10:45   #6038
BHPian

Hello Folks,

Had the Indian Burger, "Vada Pav" at the Vada Pav Factory yesterday. This place is a small outlet (with just 4 chairs) at Himayath Nagar. The exact location of this place is in the lane next to Minerva Coffee Shop / Blue Fox. It is near the CPI office and bang opposite Auto Arena preowned car dealer.

Took home Regular Vada Pav at INR 20.00 each. The Pav had mint chutney and dry garlic chutney applied along with the Vada. A packet of tamarind chutney was also given.

Taste was good but nothing like the original Mumbai Vada Pav. But yes, the place is definitely worth the visit in case you happen to go that side. Apart from the regular Vada Pav, it also has a lot of other variants. See the menu attached. Apologies for the poor quality pictures as they were taken from an old mobile phone camera.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-1.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-2.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-3.jpg
Old 28th November 2013, 13:59   #6039
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvancy View Post
This thread has been of immense valuable info to me. I found OTF through this thread.thanks mobike for that!been going there for 2.5years now.every friday is OTF day.

my recent fav place is the chicken alfam at Angara Chandanagar.

Can anybody tell how is Dine Hill at Masab Tank? Also suggestions for chicken places is also welcome.places on the lines of angara or so.
Nice to know our feedback on OTF helped you devour thousands of slices of OTF pizza. Hope you dont look like a pizza now....Just kidding

Chandanagar is an unknown territory for us city dwellers, only time i pass it is when I go to Bidar,Mumbai or Pune

Dinehill is a decent place. Ambience is very average, almost like a rustic cafe but, their tandoori chicken and biryani is quite decent

Ate there twice but, it didnt give me the tingle that normally is a sign for me to head back there again.

Quote:
Had the Indian Burger, "Vada Pav" at the Vada Pav Factory yesterday. This place is a small outlet (with just 4 chairs) at Himayath Nagar. The exact location of this place is in the lane next to Minerva Coffee Shop / Blue Fox. It is near the CPI office and bang opposite Auto Arena preowned car dealer.
Thanks for this useful piece of info. I keep passing that lane on my BULL and always get surprised with new outlets opening including the following :-

1. Mayur Paan Shop ( yeah, the same fella) has a full fledge outlet serving all his usual delicacies

2. Cake Bank for some delicious pastries

3. Now the Vada Pav Factory. Will pay them a visit this weekend itself as my wife is a huge fan of dhabeli and we normally eat at Radhe at Boggulkunta next to MPS
Old 28th November 2013, 14:56   #6040
BHPian

Quote:
Chandanagar is an unknown territory for us city dwellers, only time i pass it is when I go to Bidar,Mumbai or Pune
Ha ha, you are referring to us as the rural population. Wait and watch for some more time, the entire city is now moving towards Miyapur.

Anyway, if you thought Dine Hill had bad ambience, then you should definitely see this Angaara at Chandanagar. It has no ambience. Its only a take away shop, which sells at slightly lower prices than the Miyapur outlet.

Next to Angaara, Chandanagar there is another similiar outlet that sells Haleem round the year and also delicacies like Zabaan, Paya and most importantly Marag which I haven't seen anywhere else.
Old 5th December 2013, 15:54   #6041
BHPian

Guys..its time for our office foodie gang to plan for Friday lunch. We want to stick to our ritual of visitng restaurants serving unlimited Barbeques (Barbeque Nations types).

Need your suggestions for any such place. We have been to Barbeque Nations, Absolute Barbeques, 36 Chattes, A-lounge, Sizzling Grills, Tiny village etc which are all Barbeque type restaurants. But it seems like we have run out of options.

Am shocked to hear that the Great Kebab Factory has closed down. Are there any more of such places serving unlimited barbeques nearby Madhapur, Jubilee Hills, Banjara Hills?
Old 6th December 2013, 11:22   #6042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Need your suggestions for any such place. We have been to Barbeque Nations, Absolute Barbeques, 36 Chattes, A-lounge, Sizzling Grills, Tiny village etc which are all Barbeque type restaurants. But it seems like we have run out of options.
Heard about this new place - Urban Grill, Kimtee Square, Road No.12. Dunno how it is, opened few days ago. Try it out.
Old 9th December 2013, 21:33   #6043
Distinguished - BHPian

We were so enamoured by Ruci & Adoni that we headed back again for a quiet dinner a couple of weeks ago ( shortly after the previous visit) and ordered the following

Potato Skins with Mayo Sauce ( No pics)
Blackcurrent Lemonade
Veg Harvest Pizza
Choco Volcano

Total Damages were roughly 900+

Each and every item was extraordinary and loved the ambience and dishes which makes up for a lovely dinner that makes you completely satiated and wanting for more

Special mention for the Choco Volcano, it was just too good
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00001792_edit.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00001791_edit.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00001794_edit.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00001796_edit.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00001797_edit.jpg  

Old 10th December 2013, 21:57   #6044
BHPian

Hello Curry = Hell 'Oh' Curry

This new food delivery service in and around Madhapur was creating quite a buzz in the last month on various foodie forums in Hyderabad. The buzz was more about their innovative Chinese food style packing with witty one-liners hidden under the containers. Something like this.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-1467299_668993893141440_976933290_n.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-1484132_668993889808107_999379708_n.jpg

So finally we decided to try it out at office (anyway our cafeteria is not known for good food).

The experience was disastrous to say the least. We ordered one butter chicken, one cilantro chicken combo, one railway lamb curry and chicken biryani.I normally don't criticize any kind of food, but this was too much

1. The packing looked smart; agree..but what's the use..our entire butter chicken was wasted since the packing was not done properly. Understand that such flaws do occur and to be fair to them they offered a free replacement.

2. Chicken Biryani - they overcooked it by an Hour .Couldn't get any worse,the masala taste was ok, but how can anyone eat such overcooked rice and meat.

3. Creamy Cilantro Chicken : I wonder who gave you the recipe for this dish. From whatever little knowledge I have on food, I presumed that this is a Mediterranean/continental dish BUT what I got was an absolute disgrace. It looked like Methi Chicken. Had curry leaves also I presume and MOST IMPORTANTLY .. It had thrice the amount of salt a normal human being should eat in a day.

4. The final dish,Railway Lamb curry was good. No flaws; infact it was very tasty.

So would I give them another chance. Surprisingly, the answer is YES. They seemed as surprised as me in the bad experience that we had today. I did get a call immediately apologizing for the inconveniences and also offered a complementary coupon of Rs 300 for my net order.
Old 11th December 2013, 08:55   #6045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
This new food delivery service in and around Madhapur was creating quite a buzz in the last month on various foodie forums in Hyderabad.

The experience was disastrous to say the least.

1. The packing looked smart; agree..but what's the use..our entire butter chicken was wasted since the packing was not done properly. Understand that such flaws do occur and to be fair to them they offered a free replacement.

I did get a call immediately apologizing for the inconveniences and also offered a complementary coupon of Rs 300 for my net order.
What I can sum up from your review is that the management / promoters are genuinely trying their best to come up to the expectations and also set a new benchmark.

Their main failing seems to be the technical crew aka average cooks who do mediocre cooking. The failings are compounded with poor quality of packing material. I have also read that they have messed up a few deliveries.

They need to pull up their socks first and primarily on their recipes and cooking and that should see them through to a successful innings because the rest can be attributed to initial teething problems.

I wish them all the best as their success will pave way for more competitors with such new innovative ideas which in turn means more choice for us customers with reasonably priced food.

Most Viewed