Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2013, 17:51   #6061
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Pardon my ignorance. I travelled via Begumpet after a long long time yesterday by bus and just managed to catch a glimpse of the this. But I am sure I saw paradise written in place of Cafe Bahar in the place opposite to HPS. Was it an illusion or have these two guys merged or have Paradise taken over Bahar. Questions, Questions, Questions: Can someone throw light?
Old 20th December 2013, 17:54   #6062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Pardon my ignorance. I travelled via Begumpet after a long long time yesterday by bus and just managed to catch a glimpse of the this. But I am sure I saw paradise written in place of Cafe Bahar in the place opposite to HPS. Was it an illusion or have these two guys merged or have Paradise taken over Bahar. Questions, Questions, Questions: Can someone throw light?

That's no illusion my friend. That place which was erstwhile Bahar at Begumpet is now indeed "Paradise"

That's the power of original and true biryani of Hyderabad

Apparently two outlets of Bahar ( Hyderguda & Begumpet) was owned by siblings and they had some differences and one of them sold/transfered the Begumpet outlet to Paradise.
Old 23rd December 2013, 13:46   #6063
BHPian

Quote:
Thats right. Some take over happened and while we had a place to eat good biryani at Begumpet, now we do not.
Old 23rd December 2013, 13:51   #6064
BHPian

My Recent visits to some much talked about Food joints on TBHP

KDM: The much longed visit finally made last week and I must say it does live up to the hype. Prices quoted may be a bit off as the rush was quite frantic being a Sunday.

KDM Mutton Fry: Typically this is not the “fry” kind ( back at my place Mutton Fry would mean a very dry item )
and was bit wet with gravy thought you would find fried mutton pieces the dish was delicious. 180/- for a small box of serving. But it was good.

Prawns Fry: Really liked the prawns a lot these are the small prawns unlike the big ones you usually find in restuarants they have been cooked very well . Loved it . Prices 190/-

Mutton Keema Biriyani : The concept of Biriyanis at KDM is their curries topped with cooked Bagara rice. This was a bit of VFM compared to buying curries alone looking at the quantity of curries they would toss in a biriyani pack. And yes the Keema was brilliantly cooked and yummy. 165 each

2 Chicken Boneless Biriyani: Again generous amount of boneless chicken curry which was delicious.( 180 each)

I wouldn’t call this VFM but overall a very different and delicious place to please the palettes and I would love to go back again once in a while. Would like to try out the Fish and crab dishes the next time.

OTF: Aah.. much excited about this place and equally disappointed

Firstly I noticed there have been changes to the menu as most of the dishes quoted by TBHP members were absent. Hardly 3-4 items on the menu and Basil Grilled chicken was the only thing I could recollect as quoted by some of you guys.

Ordered the following:

Basil Grilled Chicken: 140/-
Brilliantly cooked chicken pieces with spicy sauce. But just 8 small pieces we gobbled up even before they got served to our plates. Definitely not VFM for the price.

Cheese Garlic Bread :75/-
I liked the garlic bread but yet again they were very skinny , 5 peels of Garlic bread as if they just walked out of ICU.

Spaghetti Arrabiat ( NVeg) :200/-
A medium bowl of pasta made with Spaghetti which was spicy but could have definitely used some good seasoning could feel blandness.

Risotto Chicken :200/-
Loaded with cheese and cheese and cream…. I can still burp cheese when I think of it. Very little rice infact for every spoon you get only the cheese and cream and occasional chunks of chicken.

1 Coke : 35/-

Total Damages : 682 for 2 pax.

I know OTF is much known for its thin crusted pizzas so I would definitely head out once again to try those but for starters and pastas , NOPES !!
Old 23rd December 2013, 15:55   #6065
BHPian

This review is for those BHPians looking for decent food options around the financial jilla (sorry, I couldnt help posting this name after I saw this written in Telugu on the ORR). It is also for those cost conscious and heavy appetitte BHPians (of which I am part of).

Last friday was a dull day in office what with Americans packing up and leaving for long christmas vacations, leaving very little (read no) work at all for our foodie gang. We were prowling for cheap and tasty options which at the same time would fill up our humongous tummies. The name that came instantly to almost all of us was Al-Saba, which comes to the left just after descending from Gachibowli flyover towards Raidurgam.

It was 1230PM. We were a group of 4. 75% of the group did not have breakfast as a protest to the price hike in our canteen. So all of us were damn hungry. We went straight into the family section. Were seated immeditely. Menu cards were given and we were all salivating just by looking at the names of the dishes (there were pictures of the poor bird called chicken in its various cooked avatars). Our order was immediate. Full Chicken Tangdi Kebab and Special family pack Chicken Biryani with extra masala.

Enter Chicken Tangdi Kabab. 8 pieces of heavenly legs. The chicken was soft, was grilled at the right places and the masala was just on the spicier side. 4 hungry tummies, 4 hands and mouths: And the whole dish was consumed within a matter of minutes. The pudina chutney, onions and lemon that came along with the dish were not spared either. During the course of this entire eating frenzy, no one even talked a word. So busy we were in gorging. The only time someone opened his mouth was to ask the waiter to get 1ltr BOTTLED Water. He gave us a confused look and got us 1Ltr of PET BOTTLED Thums Up. We quickly cleared his confusion and he got us the right drink.

Enter Special family pack chicken Biryani with extra masala. The quantity was HUGE. At first we were apprehensive whether we could finish it. It turned out, we had underestimated ourselves. It had 4 eggs and 6 pieces of Chicken 65 served separately. The biryani itself had 2 huge pieces which the waiter skillfully cut and distributed to the four wolves at the table. He had a knack of serving the Biryani and he ensured that no one got too much masala or too much plain rice. No later had the biryani been served, the silence set in again. We opened our mouths only to let the food in and boy! were we fast. The whole bucketfull (it was served literally in a bucket like container) of Biryani was devoured within a matter of minutes and with two helpings for each person. Salan was good, Raita could well have been called buttermilk, but who cares as long as it tasted like a proper buttermilk.

The entire episode lasted a little more than 45 minutes and we were looking at an afternoon full of sleepiness in office. The bill came to 860 bucks (440 for the Tangdi Kabab and 370 for the family pack Biryani, 20 bucks for BOTTLED water). Service charge was extra at 30 bucks. We were generous enough to tip the waiter 20 bucks extra for his artful serving. At the end of the afternoon, our tummies were extremely happy, our wallets relatively full with an expense of just around 225 bucks per head. A true VFM lunch I would say. By the time we were leaving, there were people waiting to be seated which was a huge surprise for us. Looks like the techies have turned cost conscious finally.

Am salivating and already planning for my next visit for this restaurant while writing this review.

Last edited by racer_ash : 23rd December 2013 at 15:58.
Old 23rd December 2013, 15:59   #6066
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Am salivating and already planning for my next visit for this restaurant while writing this review.
Mutton Masala and Tandoori Roti. This is my favorite combination from this place.

Avoid the Special Mutton Masala. That just has a couple of cashews added in.
Don't go there on a Friday afternoon. It will be jam packed.

By the way: Nice write up.

Last edited by bblost : 23rd December 2013 at 16:01.
Old 23rd December 2013, 16:04   #6067
BHPian

Quote:
This review is for those BHPians looking for decent food options around the financial jilla.
Sounds delicious. I was literally drooling for a while reading your post. Now my heart is yearning for a proper 'Hyderabadi Biryani'!
Old 23rd December 2013, 20:30   #6068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
KDM: The much longed visit finally made last week and I must say it does live up to the hype. Prices quoted may be a bit off as the rush was quite frantic being a Sunday
Nice to see this review. KDM happens to be my most favorite take away joint for home styled NV food. My favorite dish outrightedly is their prawns followed by mutton fry. I tried the mutton fry thats put in Biryani, it wasnt that good, pretty chewy

Never tried the Kheema Biryani, need to try that next time around. Their fish dishes are also quite nice

Quote:
The name that came instantly to almost all of us was Al-Saba,
This review reminded me of myself, when I started this food thread way back, I used to write like this ( with full vigour) but, over the years that enthusiasm kind of waned away

Fantastic write up and we need more members with similar passion for writing about food

I have been eating out a lot lately, will post going backwards from today.

Today went out with family for lunch and its a rare luxury that I get to enjoy. Possible only because of my vacation that starts from today until Jan 1st otherwise its usually a customer luncheon once in a while

Visited "Peperonicino" at Road No. 12 and this was my third time and first time for lunch and tried their unlimited Pizza Buffet for Rs.445/Head A.I for both of us and mom tried the one with Pasta included that costed Rs.495 A.I

Here are a plethora of pictures that can give some indication of how much we enjoyed our meal there. Except for desserts which was pretty average, every dish was excellent with superb service with waiters practically waiting at the table to replenish the dishes.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00002071.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00002072_edit.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00002073_edit.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00002075_edit.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00002077_edit.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00002078_edit.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00002079.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00002080_edit.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00002081_edit_edit.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_00002082_edit.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd December 2013 at 20:32.
Old 25th December 2013, 11:14   #6069
PVS
BHPian

Wild Ginger Restaurant - PurpleLeaf Hotel - Karkhana, Secunderabad.
3-7-218 GEN Chowdary Road, Karkhana Secunderabad - 040 -66006600 (info@purpleleafhotels.com)

Went for lunch at this restaurant yesterday - we were searching around for a new place to eat, and a quick search at Zomato, times food guide and this very thread, pulled up this place, so decided to try it out.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-wildginger_exterior_1.jpg

This place is right besides the now- defunct and forlorn Harsha Towers - brings back memories of my days with Satyam, when I used to frequent Harsha Towers - a busy place back then. Now a Hero Motors showroom seems to be the only occupant in the premises.

Being a week-day, there was hardly any crowd - in fact we were the only boarders there, during the 45 odd minutes that we were around. The restaurant looked to be airy and well-lit; its actually adjacent to the hotel, facing the main road.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-wildgingerint_1.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-wildgingerint_2.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-wildgingerint_3.jpg

Coming to the food - for starters, we had Burnt Garlic Soup(Rs 84 per bowl) and Chilly Pepper Butter Corn(Rs 155/- per plate). Both of these were tasty, more so the soup and proved to be a welcome departure from the usual tomato soup or sweet corn soup that we are accustomed to.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-wildgingerburntgarlicsoup_1.jpg

Our youngest daughter started feeling hungry, so along with starters, we also ordered Hariyali Pulao(Rs 135/-). The Pulao, again was tasty, but the accompanying Raitha was not.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-wildgingerhariyalipulao_1.jpg

For the main course, we ordered Dal Makhaani (Rs 160/-) and Paneer Lababdaa(Rs 210/-) and of course, the regular assortment of bread(Butter Naan(Rs 40/- pe naan), Masala Kulcha(Rs 45/- per piece)). If you are in a big group, you might want to order the Roti Tokri(Veg & Non Veg Options available) - it will be economical.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-wildgingermaincourse_1.jpg
And yes, they have a wide variety of non-vegetarian dishes too, but since I am a veggie, cannot comment on those.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-wildgingermenu_1.jpg

All these items tasted good, and were polished off within record time - having skipped breakfast, many of us were hungry!! I did take a few helpings of the Pulao, and that filled me up, leaving almost no space for more roti or naan. Avoid rice if you can, or postpone it to the very end of your meal.

For dessert, we got to choose from a humongous menu that Wild Ginger has on offer - they call it 'Oh So Stoned' - I picked up a Mocha Almond Fudge(Rs 85), Cold Coffee(Rs 100/- ), strawberry ice-cream scoop for the little one(Rs 85/-) and a Milk Shake(Rs 100/-).

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-wildginger_icecreammenu.jpg

Damages - ? The total bill came to Rs 1653/:
Food: Rs 993/-
Dessert: Rs 417/-
Vat @14.5%; Rs 144/-
Service Tax@4.944%: Rs 49/-
Service Charge@5%: Rs 49.65/-

Overall, a nice experience here - good taste, and not too costly on the pocket too. Recommended!
Old 25th December 2013, 11:35   #6070

I stayed in Hyderabad a few years back. I was reminscing all the places of Hyderabad where we enjoyed and did a write up. I have ablog by the name of foodie chatter for which I wrote the below articl. Nonetheless, I am posting it here for all my freinds in Team BHP

All right. This one is destination review for Hyderabad. Hyderabad is one of those cities, which I forayed into many years back. After completing engineering, just like the giant leap for mankind, after man stepped on the moon, in a very similar manner, it was my big step from north India to down south. When I went there for my MBA for the first time, I was a brash arrogant Delhi-ite. Arrogant I ventured in south India making fun that everything is written in circles and it’s all about Idli dosa’s. But as I settled in the city for two years, by the time I left the city, I was in head over heels in love with this city. There was a charm in the city which was subtle, relaxed and yet cultured. Hyderabad was the place where even a CEO can be seen walking down the street in simple chappal’s. High thinking and simple living. The beautiful harmony and mix of telugu and muslim population co-existing together. The amazing weather along with the exception of the months of summer. The long drawn accented Hyderabadi lingo and the amazing food. From the walled city near Charminar, to the metropolitan areas of Begumpet, the elite Banjara Hills and Jubilee Hills. A very economical city for living and eating. For foodies, it is a dream place to be.

Lets start with the various joints in Hyderabad.

The most famous and aspect of Hyderabad, which everyone knows is the Biryani. Biryani is served in almost all the corners of the town. Haleem which is made during ramzaan. Chicken 65 the spicy starter unique to Hyderabad.

Biryani, Haleem & Curries

- Paradise Biryani: Secunderabad- Famous for all tourists and great Biryani, this place is huge and the biryani is great.
- Hyderabad House: A chain of restaurants with multiple locations. Studying at ICFAI, the closest for us was the one at Road number 3, near the Masjid. One thing which is unbelievable is the appetite for rice for Telegu people. I recall seeing two people finishing of a jumbo plate, which for us would have been sufficient for three to four people.
- Hyderabad Restaurant, Yusufguda: I remember driving down on bikes to this place for either Dine Ins or for take away before our big parties. If you are in Srinagar Colony near the ATM’s, there is this road perpendicular to the ATM’s. Drive thorough straight and you shall join the main road of Yusufguda. At a big intersection, on your left you shall see the Hyderabad Restaurant. Like any Hyderbadi joint, you have a shop for chai, paan, beedi right outside. As you enter the shop, there is a general area, more like the regular Hyderabadi cafes and then there is the AC section behind. Great food. For each of our parties, we used to order two jumbo packs, which used to be 3-4 kgs of Biryani each and about Rs. 180/-.
- Bawarchi: has one of the best and Authentic Biryani’s.
- Midnight Biryani @ Hotel Green Park: If you are looking for a bit of standard place with ambience and great food, Hotel Green Park was our destination. A buffet for about Rs 200/- at any time in the night.

Mughlai Fare:
Shahdab: In the old city, near Chaarminar, opposite to Medina Hotel. The mecca for authentic muslim food. The right setup, walled city, great food and Shadaab. They take you the firstfloor, where they make you sit in the iislamic way on baithaks on the floor, with low rise tables. The curries and haleems are great.
A few other eateries, where we used to visit as students for almost daily eating was Hotel Banjara Darbar and Hotel Bashar. Two joints at Punjagutta, right near the police station and opposite to Hyderbad Central. Late night eat outs, after parties etc. This has been the hub for us. There is probably nothing to boast other than great economical food for students and very spicy food.
Another one was Dhuandaar Dhabha As you move from Punjagutta to Nagarjuna Circle and further on Road Number 1. This had some real spicy curries and tandoori items. Last I read, it is now closed permanently.
At Tolichowki, there was a big restaurant complex, which we used to visit once in a while. From Banjara Hills it was a bit far, so we used to go for special occasions. There are a number of restaurants lined up and it is the mecca for Non Veg food. Siddiqui’s, one of the popular joints, which serves, roasted chicken, tikka’s, pathar ka gosht, and Biryani. Dirt Cheap food and amazing quality. Must visit. There was also four seasons here, which was descent, although Siddiqui’s Kebab Center was our favorite. They had also opened up Arabian Nights near Yashoda Hospital on Raj Bhavan Road. Highly recommended.
Bade Mian Kebab@ Somajigauda: Its at this mall at the intersection of the road from Rajbhavan Road, Begumpet and Punjagutta.

Fish:
Well, in Hyderabad there are a few places for fish.
Fishland in Ameerpet is pretty good. Very Busy and a large menu of diverse variety of fish items.
Club 8 Hyderabad at Begumpet makes the best chilli and garlic prawns. Id die to go there again just to have their prawn starters.

Buffet:
Hyderabad is a city best known for its lunch buffets. 6 years back when I was there, and I recall, it was dirt cheap and great food. For as low as Rs 100/- and high as Rs 250/- you would find an awesome and lavish spread of food. This was all across the city.

The best ones I recall
Angeethi’s: OMG, this was one of the best North Indian food I found at Hyderabad. Serving, chicken, mutton Biryani, Fish fry and various other non veg items, this used to be a paradise for north indian food. I recall the buffet used to be Rs 135/- per head
Zafraan exotica: Road number 12 in Banjara Hills, this one had a roof top and a great buffet again, and the view of the city was great.
Zafraan, Somajigowda: Another one which also served seafood in the buffet. Again pretty good.
Ohri’s: Ohri is a brand famous in Hyderbad. They have multiple location. One was in Road Number 12, which had muti level dining. There is Ohri’s food court on the ground floor and open till late in the night with the buffet. We would often come over for coffees and ice creams as students. There was Chinese restaurant Far East, which was pretty good as well. On the top floor, I recall there was an African interior based restaurant called Serengeti which provided again a good view of the city.
Ohri’s Jeeva: A vegetarian buffet option on Raj Bhawan Road, next to Yashoda Hospital. Not really my favorite as it was vegetarian, but nonetheless a very popular option for veggies.
Kaboora @Begumpet. One of the first outings for our MBA batch and we wrecked havoc on their buffet. Very good food and memories.
Pizza Corner@ Road No.3, during Ramzaan used to have unlimited Pizza’s offer. For something like Rs 150/- approx. they have unlimited pizza slices for Mutton keema pizza.

Bakery
Well Well, What do I say? Sigh. Hyderabad has cafes all across the cities. The concept and culture of confectionary still exists and is very high in the city. Walk in for a quick grub. Patties, Puff, Pastries. Veg, Egg, Chicken, Mutton Puff’s. The burgers are pretty cute and old style. I mean it reminds me of the home made burgers we used to have kids. They still make a chicken or mutton sabji and make a burger out of it. Dirt cheap cafes, great value for food. A few of them I remember
- Midtown Bakery at Punjagutta Circle
Mountain Bakery on Road number 3 near the Masjid
Big Byte @ Srinagar Colony
Karachi Bakery, famous for its fruit biscuits.
Almond House on Road number 3, Banjara Hills. Awesome Almond biscuits. The cheese and mushroom puff is highly recommended.

Roll Call: A small little eatery on Nagarjuna Circle which makes the most awesome Calcutta rolls in Hyderabad. It was right outside our ICFAI Hyderabad campus.

North Indian Fare
As North Indian’s, I did miss my hari chutney, sirke waale pyaaz and butter chicken. That led us to all the search for authentic north Indian joints.
-
Angeethi as I mentioned previously was one of the best joints for buffet.
- Shahji Ka Dhabha @ Lakdi ka Pull: Just after you cross the pull, on your right there is a petrol pump, and then Shahji ka Dhabha. A small little eatery but great north indian non veg food. Must have. I remember days when it was raining, and we would end up here for the tandorri chicken and the butther chicken
- Sher-E-Punjab: Another little dhabha on Punjagutta. Just as you take a left to go towards Ameerpet, this dhabha is on the right, great north Indian food. Last update is that it is closed now.
- Needs Restaurant at Begumpet (street behind Lifestyle, beyond St.Francis)- the most awesome parantha’s and lassi. North Indian fare is good. A small eatery in a flat, with the personalized touch.
- Tiwari Sweets: On the intersection of the road from punjagutta, khairtabad and the road towards Imax. This place has great samosa’s and sweets. Come to this place on a Sunday morning for their poori Subji and you will fal in love with it.
-
Chaat:
The golgappa’s at the Jubilee Hills Check post is famous. The beauty about chaat in South india is that they call it chats and instead of the boiled potato, they give matar chaat in the golgapps with the water.
Gokul Chaat at Koti is another classic hangout place. The menu is simple. Pav Bhaji, Pani Puri, Samosa Ragda, Bhel Puri and Cold Dahi Samosa. All items less than Rs 50/- and really great chaat.

South Indian:
Chutneys: An amazing place which just serves dosa’s and variants of chutneys. The specialty is the number of chutneys served over here. Owned by the Telegu film star Nagarjuna, this place has a long line to get in every evening and all the snazziest of cars being parked. Not too expensive, and great food. Located at Nagarjuna Circle

A variety of Andhra Mess and Tiffins adorn the streets of Hyderabad. Just walk in and for as less Rs 10/- you can have a Andhra meal. The Andhra specialities also include the variants of rice. Lemon/ Tomato Rice etc.

Location Based
A few places are just for their amazing ambience.
Durgam Chevru: On the high tech city, there is a big lake, also referred to as the secret lake. When you come in from the high tech city side, there is the entrance to Durgam Chevru and small Andhra Pradesh Tourism café which serves snacks. Chicken 65, French fries, Pakoda’s. The menu is limited, but the location is just great. On a day after it has rained, it is just perfect.
Our Place: On Road No 10, Banjara Hills, this place has a garden based restaurant with great ambience.
Eat Street: overlooking the Hussain Sagar lake, this is a place for its location. A food court is there with some options. I can’t recall anything too awesome about the food, but worth the location.

Continental and International Cuisine
Fusion 9 & Deli 9: A very good place for international cuisine. Pasta’s Pizza’s, Mediterranean, Salami’s & Sausages. The sandwiches and soups are a must. They have a weekend bunch which is really awesome and very refreshing.
Little Italy: I recall Little Italy opening up initially in Banjara Hills, Road No 1. Great pasta’s and Ice Tea. I have heard this has now moved to Jubilee Hills.
Indi Joe A beautiful lunch buffet with continental spread based out at the city center mall.

http://foodiechatter.blogspot.com.au...hyderabad.html
Old 26th December 2013, 12:06   #6071
BHPian

Its wife's out of town week for me and as a grand beginning to this much awaited preudo-bachelorhood, I tried out the Kababs at Siddique Kabab Centre at Kothaguda after a long long time.

Christmas evening and it was crowded as usual. Prefer my bike and never went there by car as parking would become a nightmare on the already nightmarish Kothaguda-Miyapur stretch. Looks like the prices have been revised in keeping with the inflationary times. Things like Pepper chicken, Chicken 65 (all boneless) etc were priced 100 bucks for 8-10 pieces. IIRC they were 80 bucks before revision. Had tried Pepper chicken earlier but thought that buying a Chinese dish from a kabab center is a cardinal sin. So this time around, I stuck to their core-competency i.e Kababs. Ordered for a mix of Arabian chops and Chicken Bar-B-Q. It was priced at around 100 for four pieces (2 each of each variety). There was a huge rush at the Bar-B-Q counter and it took me a good 15 mins to get my packet.

Was soon in the comfort of my home, with UP and then Madagascar-escape to africa giving me company. The arabian chops were, as usual, extremely well cooked. The chicken was soft and with the added tanginess of a lemon, it was just awesome. The Bar-B-Q chicken was not as Bar-B-Qed as I had expected. I prefer mine with a charcoaly touch. But it was good to taste and I had no complaints about it. Overall, a 100 bucks well spent. I bought chicken noodles from a fast food joint near my home and that completed my dinner.

Next on my list are Angaara-Kababs on grill (dont know if they have a take-away), Spice village (for authentic telugu delicacies) among others. Hoping to make the most out of this week.
Old 26th December 2013, 22:03   #6072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Wild Ginger Restaurant - PurpleLeaf Hotel - Karkhana, Secunderabad.
3-7-218 GEN Chowdary Road, Karkhana Secunderabad - 040 -66006600 (info@purpleleafhotels.com)
Very good review!

I had been waiting for this review for like forever.

I pass by this place daily but never dined here. Mostly because this.place is cafeteria like (judging by the online pics). Too airy and bright for me.

Now that you have had a good experience, I want to try this. But the problem is I don't feel like I have had good food/experience unless I cross Secunderabad (Grill 9 being the exception).
Old 26th December 2013, 22:25   #6073
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
Very good review!

I had been waiting for this review for like forever.
Thanks Farukh! Glad you appreciated it!

I pass by this place daily but never dined here. Mostly because this.place is cafeteria like (judging by the online pics). Too airy and bright for me.

Now that you have had a good experience, I want to try this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
But the problem is I don't feel like I have had good food/experience unless I cross Secunderabad (Grill 9 being the exception).
Well, WildGinger does give you good food - and for a good experience, I am not quite sure there are many places in Secunderabad area(as you said)!
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:10   #6074
Team-BHP Support

Deli 9 in LifeStyle Building, Begumpet.

After shopping in Lifestyle, decided to have some food at Deli 9.

Ordered a hot chocolate and coffee.
Veg Pasta in white sauce and fried basa with fries.

The Pasta was very well cooked and my 3 year old liked it.
The basa was crisp and the fries were good.
Bill was Rs 720.

An older gentleman waited on us. His very sweet demeanor made our lunch a very pleasant one.
Old 2nd January 2014, 16:33   #6075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Wild Ginger Restaurant - PurpleLeaf Hotel - Karkhana, Secunderabad.3-7-218 GEN Chowdary Road, Karkhana Secunderabad - 040 -66006600 (info@purpleleafhotels.com)
Excellent Review PVS. Good to see some effort on this thread. Keep it up

Btw, have you moved to Kerala?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmachakra View Post
I stayed in Hyderabad a few years back. I was reminscing all the places of Hyderabad where we enjoyed and did a write up. I have ablog by the name of foodie chatter for which I wrote the below articl. Nonetheless, I am posting it here for all my freinds in Team BHP
Thats a wonderful summation of your entire food journey in Hyderabad. I will repost your entire post after making minor edits to the paras, punctuation etc and iam sure it will be helpful to lot of foodies on this thread

Is the food in GGN comparable or better?

Quote:
Next on my list are Angaara-Kababs on grill (dont know if they have a take-away), Spice village (for authentic telugu delicacies) among others. Hoping to make the most out of this week.
So did you try our these places? Even Though i hardly visit that area, it should be interesting to see your review, especially after your last performance

Most Viewed