Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2014, 16:01   #6121
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Any suggestions for the following, preferably near Hitec city -
Mediterrean/Middle Eastern food, Fusion 9 is Inorbit mall has some options but it's damn expensive.
Steaks and sizzlers.
Old 12th February 2014, 17:13   #6122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
I am looking for some authentic Hyderabadi Paya. Tried the Andhra style paya at kritunga but didnt quite like the taste. The gravy was too watery.. will try Southern Mirchi today if there is no other option left..

Thanks a bunch for the suggestion.
Shah Ghouse at Toli Chowki serves Paya only during the early hours of the day, generally between 6 to 10am. You could try at this place.

I believe their Khichdi Kheema, available in the early hours of the day is also excellent.
Old 12th February 2014, 20:46   #6123
BHPian

Brajesh Bhai, Shah Ghouse serves Paya during the evening too. Saturday's, they also serve Chicken Nihaari and etc.

For some brave souls, would also recommend Shadab for their Zubaan Nihaari, Jabda (Jaws) Nihaari.
Old 13th February 2014, 00:48   #6124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Any suggestions for the following, preferably near Hitec city -
Mediterrean/Middle Eastern food, Fusion 9 is Inorbit mall has some options but it's damn expensive.
Steaks and sizzlers.
Try Indijoe if you like, they are pretty good. Also Testarossa Cafe, Jubilee Hills..their steaks are brilliant
Old 13th February 2014, 01:02   #6125
BHPian

Guys, came across Aslam Bhai biryani when they have setup their stalls at my office. But the reviews from my colleagues are not that good.
Couple of days back, enroute to my office saw their outlet in S R Nagar. How are they? Any reviews? The price mentioned is Rs.99
Old 13th February 2014, 07:04   #6126
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @Vedder.
I have been to Indijoe twice.

By the way, can you guys tell me what to try at Shah Ghouse?
After reading a lot about it in this thread, I have decided to give it a shot.
Old 13th February 2014, 11:45   #6127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Shah Ghouse at Toli Chowki serves Paya only during the early hours of the day, generally between 6 to 10am. You could try at this place.

I believe their Khichdi Kheema, available in the early hours of the day is also excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Brajesh Bhai, Shah Ghouse serves Paya during the evening too. Saturday's, they also serve Chicken Nihaari and etc.

For some brave souls, would also recommend Shadab for their Zubaan Nihaari, Jabda (Jaws) Nihaari.
Both Shah Ghouse and Shadaab serve chicken shorba on Saturday nights and the same is served on Sunday mornings as well.

Shadaab was my pit stop for b'fast during my numerous trips to the airport and oh boy, i dearly miss those days.

Waseem.

Waseem.
Old 17th February 2014, 23:03   #6128
BHPian

What's a good place (first preference Sec'bad, second Hyd'bad) for a quiet evening out for a new couple. No food/cuisine preferences, except that we're vegetarian. Please pour in your suggestions. Price - moderate to slightly expensive.

The place should be quiet - would love to hear each other speak.

Thank you very much in advance!
Old 18th February 2014, 06:53   #6129
Senior - BHPian

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
What's a good place (first preference Sec'bad, second Hyd'bad) for a quiet evening out for a new couple. No food/cuisine preferences, except that we're vegetarian. Please pour in your suggestions. Price - moderate to slightly expensive.

You can check out the coffee cup behind the Canara Bank,Near BP COCO pump at Sainikpuri.

Or else theres this coffee shop bang on the gate of Alankrita which is also nice.but would involve a fair bit of riding/driving

Else the all day dining at Courtyard Marriott,foods nothing to rave about but since food is not the agenda and spending time is-this place also would work for you.

The CCD at Karkhana is also a very quiet place but the seating is very weird where the counter guys have complete view of all the sofas.so privacy maybe a problem

Overall I would say Coffee Cup is your best bet.Check for The Coffee Cup on facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 18th February 2014 at 06:57.
Old 19th February 2014, 14:47   #6130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post

Check out the CCD opposite KBR park. Its upmarket and good place to spend time.
Old 22nd February 2014, 08:54   #6131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
You can check out the coffee cup behind the Canara Bank,Near BP COCO pump at Sainikpuri.

Or else theres this coffee shop bang on the gate of Alankrita which is also nice.but would involve a fair bit of riding/driving

Else the all day dining at Courtyard Marriott,foods nothing to rave about but since food is not the agenda and spending time is-this place also would work for you.

The CCD at Karkhana is also a very quiet place but the seating is very weird where the counter guys have complete view of all the sofas.so privacy maybe a problem

Overall I would say Coffee Cup is your best bet.Check for The Coffee Cup on facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
i just noticed the coffee cup is closed on saturdays and the plan to go was for today.

I'll look at the alternatives you mentioned, but do you have anything else to recommend in Secunderabad?

Thank you very much!!

Edit: It's Google Maps that's reporting the place as closed today. I've just posted on their FB page and will also call them up to see if it really is the case.

Last edited by hellmet : 22nd February 2014 at 09:02.
Old 22nd February 2014, 23:10   #6132
BHPian

OK, The Coffee Cup was open today and we liked the place quite a bit. It was slightly crowded due to today being the weekend, but we had some privacy. The food and drink were also well made, and wasn't thoroughly expensive, quite unlike CCD.

@ranjitp1, thanks for the suggestion
Old 24th February 2014, 16:24   #6133
BHPian

Ggoodest Food ... Love Free ... only at ... 13 Dhaba ... Gachibowli ...

I finally managed to drive over across town to eat at the newest and most authentic Punju eatery in the twin cities.

I have no excuse to offer why it took me 60 days after they opened for business to make my first visit.

Found the place easily based on landmarks and directions given in posts and threads on a certain FaceBook group. There is no parking available at all (be careful) so drove down a little more and parked safe and secure in a lane nearby making sure my car would not obstruct any one else.

The rush at 8:00pm was massive. No place to sit, no space to reach the counter (it is a self service eatery). Anyways, sitting is a few cane moodas scattered around. Managed to reach the order/delivery counter after having banged my head with another customer and taking 5 minutes in the queue.

Realised that there is a huge backlog for Chole Bhature due to high demand so ordered one Kadhi Chawal and one Rajma Chawal and also got my name put in queue for one Chole Bhature. Also came to know that there is no lassi available by then.

Paid 100/- for the Kadhi Chawal and Rajma Chawal (50/- each) and came near the road and sat on the parapet wall on the boundary of the outlet

... and then I took the first spoonful from each of the dishes ...

and was blown away with the simplistic homely taste of the food. It is truly 100% authentic Punjabi taste. No chillies and perfectly spiced lightly to enhance the taste and not kill the taste of the dish and food. Superior quality rice. Touch the rajma and it gets squashed but till then it retains its shape signifying perfection in cooking and also overnight soaking time. Same was the story with chole which I ate later.

Have been brought up and having lived on Punjabi food, I can straightaway state that this is how food is made in my house and most Punjab families.

Later on, we had one plate of chole bhature and even that was very good. No defects, no deficiencies. Worth much more than the 50/- charged for 2 bhature and some chole.

People who do not like the strong taste of asafoetida may find it to be a bit overpowering in the meal ... but it is this hing which will save you from belching, bloating, flatulence and farting, symptoms of eating rajma and chole.

Caution : 3 plates of food (kadhi chawal, rajma chawal and chole with 2 bhature) between the 2 of us was far in excess what we could eat but then we are small eaters. Hearty eaters also can maximum eat only 2 dishes so that means you will eat to your heart's content in 100/-. Can food be cheaper than this? No way.

Thanks is due to the 2 Mathuru brothers for their ever smiling super polite efficient service. Hats off to all their staff and family members who participate there in giving Hyderabad a true authentic homely Punjabi food at most affordable prices.

13 Dhaba also serves paronthas which did look very nice so I am now looking forward to try them out soon. They also had moong dal halwa but since both of us do not eat sweets, we skipped it.

Best to be there for lunch between 12:30 and 1:00.
Between 7:30 and 8:00 for dinner.
Mondays they are closed.
Kadhi Chawal, Rajma Chawal, Chole Chawal can be packed and taken home but not bhature, nor pooris nor paronthe.

Link : http://www.zomato.com/hyderabad/13-dhaba-gachibowli

Mobike008, you need to take your wife and mom ASAP.
Old 28th February 2014, 10:51   #6134
BHPian

13-Dhaba: + 1 to hyd_traveller

Based on his report here a few bunch of tbhpians with their spouses/friends went there for dinner yesterday and enjoyed everything (simple ghar ka khaana )

We reached there around 8.15pm to see all the make shift tables occupied and in a matter of 30 mins the whole place was a riot(so many people)

This re-affirms that you dont need fancy set up to sell good food

For me personally kadi chawal and gobi paratha were the favourites

The owner told us he will start serving dal makhani and paneer items soon

On a side note saw a couple of harley iron 883 pass by ,that exhaust note is pure music
Old 28th February 2014, 14:44   #6135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Ggoodest Food ... Love Free ... only at ... 13 Dhaba ... Gachibowli ...
Offlate,been hearing a lot about this place. some places become a hit overnight. And, this place looks like one of those joints

Hope the Kadi comes with pakodas as I dont like Kadi Chawal without them

Will check them out soon !!

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th February 2014 at 14:47.

Most Viewed