Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 14:31   #6241
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Last Saturday, the Missus and my son returned from a kid's birthday party in my apartment complex and were all raves about the pizza they had there. It was ordered from Pizza Hut that has newly opened up in Miyapur, next to KFC.

Now I always had this feeling that Pizza Hut is a bit more premium than Dominos. I was planning to try this 'new outlet's premium pizza' since few weeks, so took this opportunity to try it out. I logged on to their website and somehow they didn't accept my address as a delivery location even though I have seen their delivery guys all around my complex. So decided to go there and pick it up.

Ordered one Veggie Supreme (Med) and Paneer Makhani (Med) [I was probably very excited about getting pizza from Pizza Hut, otherwise I don't know why I ordered Paneer Makhani. Anyhow]. Applied my coupon code and voila, the second pizza was free.

The website said it'll take 14 mins for the pizza to be prepared. I reached there in 20 mins. And, BOOM! That's the sound of my 'premium feeling' breaking into pieces. Horrendous parking space. Anyway, parked my car somehow hoping that I have not blocked any other car and ran up to the outlet. KABOOM! That's the sound of the above pieces breaking down further. The tables were very dirty. The boxes of finished pizza were lying on empty tables. Now this is probably a "Self Serve" place, unlike the other Pizza Huts I have been to.

I went to the counter and asked for my pizza. It was ready, right there, piping hot. While I was paying there were few folks who were obviously waiting for some time. The outlet has a token counter which was not working, and one gentleman was arguing about why that counter is not working. All in all, the outlet didn't give me positive vibes. Would I go there to eat? No.

We had the pizzas at home and they were exactly how you would expect Pizza Hut pizzas to be - very nice. The Panner Makhani was too Indianised, but that's how it is supposed to be. Kicked myself for not being careful while ordering.

All in all, good pizza, average outlet. It is a good competition to the Dominos outlet just 500 mts away.
Old 11th September 2014, 15:48   #6242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
All in all, good pizza, average outlet. It is a good competition to the Dominos outlet just 500 mts away.
Iam a big fan of Pizza Hut and almost always go to outlet on SD Road in Begumpet.

The experience right from service to taste of their pizza's has always been impeccable

After eating Pizza Hut pizza's, I simply cannot digest pizzas from Dominoes and have completely struck them off our list of eatery as i find something glaringly missing in them ( don't know what exactly, maybe some pizzazz)
Old 11th September 2014, 16:27   #6243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Iam a big fan of Pizza Hut and almost always go to outlet on SD Road in Begumpet.

The experience right from service to taste of their pizza's has always been impeccable
I agree. I think it is the whole experience that makes it better than Dominos. This outlet is missing the 'experience' part. The pizzas are good though.
Old 11th September 2014, 18:35   #6244
BHPian

Dominos pizza quality has dropped considerably. Hardly any consistency anywhere across the country. Most of the times I find their crust to be insufficiently baked as well
Old 11th September 2014, 18:45   #6245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Dominos pizza quality has dropped considerably. Hardly any consistency anywhere across the country. Most of the times I find their crust to be insufficiently baked as well
Agreed. Their regular crust is closer to thin crust. Have to get pan pizza to actually get them to have sufficient dough.

Their extra cheesy pizza does not contain cheese per se, it contains "cheese spread" which gives a weirder saltier taste.

Instead of having several varieties of pizzas they should try to get them consistent and good tasting first.

IMHO nothing beats pizza hut or papa john's
Old 12th September 2014, 11:20   #6246
BHPian

i love Papa jones specially the one at GVK mall. Any suggestions for a good Sizzlers meal.
Old 12th September 2014, 12:20   #6247
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday on my way home, I decided to take a short detour and check out https://www.facebook.com/CafeSandwicho

I am glad I did.
The grilled chicken sandwich was very good and the Shallot Margarita Pizza was nice.
Total was 480.

This place is excellent for dinein. I am sure folks with kids will really like the open space and decor.

The service from what I observed is very polite and friendly.
Old 12th September 2014, 17:29   #6248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Any suggestions for a good Sizzlers meal.
Best Sizzler meal in town hands down is "Indijoes" in City Center Mall

If you want Indianized Sizzlers then you can try either Tabla or Palace Heights
Old 12th October 2014, 12:26   #6249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Hi Friends, any suggestions on 1) Authentic Gujarathi Thali anywhere in Hyd 2) Pure Vegetarian Andhra meals. I mean the mess type tasty , fresh food. I used to frequent Harsha Mess diagonally opposite Maitrivanam Ameerpet. But they serve non-veg too.

Your inputs are highly appreciated. Thanks
For an Andhra Thali, I suggest the famous 'Kakatiya' mess in the lane adjacent to Ameerpet Kalanjali which you might have already been aware of. The place is always filled with people in the noon .
The taste of food is ok and it is just a common mess but the best part is that you will have a cup of ghee put down at your table and can have as many as helpings of it as you desire. Seriously, an Andhra meal without Ghee is always incomplete.
Old 12th October 2014, 13:54   #6250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
For an Andhra Thali, I suggest the famous 'Kakatiya' mess . The taste of food is ok
Thanks. KDM (as it is referred in TBHP parlance) is an eternal favorite among BHPians. You should try their Kakatiya specials, prawns, boneless mutton etc and most certainly you will comment that the food is above average, not just 'ok' .

Visited a new restaurant, Nalas Appakadai on Rd. No. 45, opened on 4th October. This has come-up in the same premises which use to house the restaurant named 45. Jubilee Hills.

Nalas is a chain based in Chennai, their USP being soft fluffy appams and Kanyakumari style food. (check out their webpage for a detailed menu www.nalasindia.com).

Appams are priced at Rs 30 each, while special appams like Mutta Appam (Egg), Chicken or Kheema appam etc are priced from Rs 79 to Rs 130. They also serve the famous Ceylon Kothu Porotta (Rs 159). I ordered 4 plain appams, two Egg Appams, 1 Chicken Chettinad (Rs 205) and 1 Veg Stew (130 odd).

Total bill came to Rs 776/-.

Definitely this is the best appam I have tasted in Hyderabad. I had opted for take away, and even after battling through the traffic for 45 minutes, the appams were so soft and tender. I would have liked a little less oil in the Chicken Chettinad though. The veg stew was cooked very well in Cocunut milk. Mild flavoured - to my liking.

Also like to appreciate their packing, where they put the appams in a card-board box (cake-like ones) with Aluminum foils between each appam to ensure that they dont stick to each other.

Being the first week, the restaurant was totally empty.Also I was there a bit early as per Hyd dinnner standards. (around 7pm).

Hope the crowd picks up in future. P.S. It also serves Biryani (not Hyderabadi though)

Must visit for BBLost, Ranjithp1, AltCtnrlDel and Ravveendra to relive their Chennai days. Also recommended to food critics Hyd-traveller and Traveloholic. Would love to hear from you all on this place.

Last edited by autotranny : 12th October 2014 at 13:57.
Old 12th October 2014, 14:23   #6251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Thanks. KDM (as it is referred in TBHP parlance) is an eternal favorite among BHPians. You should try their Kakatiya specials, prawns, boneless mutton etc and most certainly you will comment that the food is above average, not just 'ok' .

It is such a pity that I'm a vegan [ Converted 3 years back] and that is why I rated the food ok [ apart from the Ghee ] . I never got a chance to taste the NV @ KDM before my conversion .

And I also recommend Celebrations - Mirapakai that is located opposite Chiranjeevi's blood bank in jubilee hills. The food is good, the ambiance is quite fine. The outside of the restaurant is showcased like a jungle resort and kids might like it and it is a Buffet system which costs around 370 bucks [ in groupon, you might find it for less though]
Old 13th October 2014, 17:44   #6252
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah! The word KDM appeared on this thread and here iam.

Coincidentally, I picked up the Kakatiya Mutton Fry and Kakatiya Prawns Fry yesterday for lunch

While the KMF was as usual its gorgeous self. KPF was extremely spicy and also felt tad too salty even for my palate

I think will give them a strong feedback to reduce the chilli and especially the salt content in these two signature dishes
Old 13th October 2014, 19:43   #6253
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Visited a new restaurant, Nalas Appakadai on Rd. No. 45, opened on 4th October. This has come-up in the same premises which use to house the restaurant named 45. Jubilee Hills.
Visited last friday for lunch with my teammates as it's very nearby. There appam's were seriously tasty (btw, this is the first time I had appam in my life). They also had one fish fry (very small fishes) which were awesome. Don't remember the name though. Kuttu paratha's were just ok.

Unfortunately, their service quality was pathetic. Food were not served in order. Super delayed.

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th October 2014 at 12:43.
Old 14th October 2014, 12:41   #6254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Best Sizzler meal in town hands down is "Indijoes" in City Center Mall

If you want Indianized Sizzlers then you can try either Tabla or Palace Heights
they serve sizzlers only in dinner it seems , so went to BBN and enjoyed their food , service is also very good compared to AB Grill .

I have dined at Nala's couple of time in chennai, however in hyd should be welcome change for people longing to eat Appam.
Old 14th October 2014, 15:35   #6255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
they serve sizzlers only in dinner it seems , so went to BBN and enjoyed their food , service is also very good compared to AB Grill .
Ok, this is news to me. Btw, I visited only for dinner to have sizzlers. It never struck me to have sizzlers for lunch

Last week, 5 TBHPians visited " Moti Mahal" Madhapur for lunch and ordered the following

1. Mutton Chops
2. Tandoori Chicken
3. Tandoori Mushroom
4. Dal Makhni (2 Plates)
5. Rotis/Naan
6. Jeera Rice (1 Plate)
7. Paneer Curry
8. Chicken Butter

Each of us shelled out Rs.650 per head for this lunch which I found to be a big rip-off as each of us just got one piece of each snack

Food was good but, definetly not worth the price nor worth saying " Oh, i want to come back here ASAP"

For that price, I can have buffet lunch in a 3 or 4 star hotel with plenty of unlimited options.
Anyways, one more restuarant struck off my list

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th October 2014 at 15:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks