Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2015, 10:19   #6301
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nariman View Post
Hi Everybody.
I will be visiting Hyderabad for a conference next week for 3 days and am eager to try out your famous cuisine.

Any suggestions please ( though non veg preferred)- the place does not have to be fancy as long the food is authentic.
Thanks in advance.
Nariman, Where is this conference of yours in Hyderabad? If you can share the name of the place, i can suggest something that will be easy and accessible to you. If you have no problem travelling, then you must try the below
1. Shadab - This is in Charminar (Restaurant) & A take away center in Road no 3, Banjara Hills - This place will serve you good Biryani. If you are the Nan person, then you can try their Hyderabadi Dum Curry with Nan.
2. You can visit Four Seasons in Tolichowki if you want to taste some Mediterranean food. You get something called as Kabsa Laham(Flavoured rice with marinated/cooked lamb) and Chicken Mandi(again, flavored rice with chicken)
3. If you are a Chinese fan, you can try Blue Diamond(Basheerbah)/Chung-wa(Basheerbagh/Secunderabad)
4. If you want to have Punjabi food but hyderabadi style then go to Papa Ji Ka Dhaba in Abids area(You might want go with take away here- The place to sit is quiet basic and not to everyone's liking)

Hope this helps.
Old 18th December 2015, 19:15   #6302
BHPian

Joelchandra ,Thanks a lot for the Info.

I was staying at the Novotel, but did manage to go to a few restaurants. Missed the Charminar area food though; next time.
Old 21st December 2015, 14:13   #6303

For all those IT folks like me whose workplace is around Gachibowli , please do try aloo paratha at Shreeji dhaba opposite DLF bulding Gate 2. It costs around 90 for a plate of two, ask him to make it spicy if you want. It has been my favourite. It is a veggie restaurant, decent service and good taste.
Old 29th December 2015, 13:43   #6304
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am new in Hyderabad. A few colleagues and I are planning to head out for dinner tonight. We're looking for a good dhaba (preferably authentic punjabi) on one of the highways out of Hyderabad. We want to make it an evening drive+dinner affair. Anything around 50 km outside Hyderabad will be great. I'm looking for some place like Toni da dhaba on the Pune-Mumbai highway. Are there any such places? I scanned this thread, but could only find places inside the city. Please help
Old 29th December 2015, 14:13   #6305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik60 View Post
Hi guys,

We're looking for a good dhaba (preferably authentic punjabi) on one of the highways out of Hyderabad.
There is one good punjabi dhaba immediately after Jadcherla toll booth (Hyd-Blre). It will be on your right after the toll booth. Dashmesh is the name. I think he doesn't serve NV, egg is available though.
Old 29th December 2015, 16:41   #6306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
There is one good punjabi dhaba..... I think he doesn't serve NV, egg is available though.
Thanks a lot! But I would really prefer one with good non veg food too. Few of my colleagues are the type that eat ONLY non vegetarian :P
Old 30th December 2015, 23:06   #6307
Senior - BHPian

Spice 6 at banjara hills, Has amazing Fish tandoori, Roasted chicken, Biryani's and amazing sweets, Highly recommended! A 10% discount too was given without asking, Might be after the sticker they must have seen behind my car
Old 21st January 2016, 22:32   #6308
BHPian

Great thread. I need some culinary advice.

Having visited Hyderabad for the better part of the year at least once every month, I've sampled many culinary deligths but a few continue to elude me.

I've been trying to sample Paaya, Nihari, Bheja Fry. Khichdi keema and Palak Gurda for the longest time but somehow or the other whenever I turn up, they're always out of it. Tried Shadaab, they were out. Shah Ghouse, ditto.

I stay in the Hitech city area when I visit Hyderabad ( and need advice from members on where I can actually get these dishes nearby and what time I should go there. Since I'm not based out of Hyderabad I don't have an owned vehicle, so every outing has to be planned. So I need to be 100% sure they will have the dishes when I get there.

Thanks in advance!
Old 23rd January 2016, 23:24   #6309
BHPian

Any nice authentic chaats near Ameerpet/Punjagutta/SR Nagar/KPHB/Miyapur.
I am looking for an authentic experience as I got a craving to address :-)
I will be travelling out of India soon, so want to get a taste of a nice chaat.
I liked Bikanerwala on Road no.1 Banjara Hills. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Old 24th January 2016, 14:15   #6310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Any nice authentic chaats near Ameerpet/Punjagutta/SR Nagar/KPHB/Miyapur.
I am looking for an authentic experience as I got a craving to address :-)
I will be travelling out of India soon, so want to get a taste of a nice chaat.
I liked Bikanerwala on Road no.1 Banjara Hills. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
There's a "Sardarji's" chat center in Indira Nagar, Gachibowli, after Hazel ice-cream store which is quite popular and crowded in the evenings. I've also had from there few times and was good. I'm not a heavy chat eater, but from the crowd I can safely assume they are good. Do give it a try if you haven't done yet.
Old 24th January 2016, 16:05   #6311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post

Having visited Hyderabad for the better part of the year at least once every month, I've sampled many culinary deligths but a few continue to elude me.

I've been trying to sample Paaya, Nihari, Bheja Fry. Khichdi keema and Palak Gurda for the longest time but somehow or the other whenever I turn up, they're always out of it. Tried Shadaab, they were out. Shah Ghouse, ditto.

I stay in the Hitech city area when I visit Hyderabad ( and need advice from members on where I can actually get these dishes nearby and what time I should go there. Since I'm not based out of Hyderabad I don't have an owned vehicle, so every outing has to be planned. So I need to be 100% sure they will have the dishes when I get there.

Thanks in advance!
I don't know where you can get all of these dishes, but I will tell you what I do know.
  • Paaya - Shah Ghouse (Tolichowki): 6 PM - 9 PM
  • Khichdi Keema - Rumaan (Tolichowki): 7 AM - 9 AM
  • Palak Gurda - Paradise (Paradise): 7 AM - 9 AM

Hope you get to eat all of these dishes on your next visit mate.

Cheers
Old 24th January 2016, 18:15   #6312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
I don't know where you can get all of these dishes, but I will tell you what I do know.
  • Paaya - Shah Ghouse (Tolichowki): 6 PM - 9 PM
  • Khichdi Keema - Rumaan (Tolichowki): 7 AM - 9 AM
  • Palak Gurda - Paradise (Paradise): 7 AM - 9 AM

Hope you get to eat all of these dishes on your next visit mate.

Cheers
Thanks a lot Joxster, this is great info.
Old 31st January 2016, 11:54   #6313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post

Thanks in advance!
If you have not tried yet, please do not miss the Mutton Marag + Sheermal bread combo from Hotel Sohail (Waves) in Malakpet. Also try their Patthar ka Gosht. Both dishes are outstanding. This place is a bit far from the Hitec city area, and best accessed by a taxi since the parking there is a bit haphazard. If you have a lot of time, you can even try the MMTS (local train). It has a stop at Malakpet and you can take an auto.
Old 31st January 2016, 13:58   #6314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
If you have not tried yet, please do not miss the Mutton Marag + Sheermal bread combo from Hotel Sohail (Waves) in Malakpet. Also try their Patthar ka Gosht. Both dishes are outstanding. This place is a bit far from the Hitec city area, and best accessed by a taxi since the parking there is a bit haphazard. If you have a lot of time, you can even try the MMTS (local train). It has a stop at Malakpet and you can take an auto.
Will try this, thanks a lot jaded. Looks some distance away from Hitech though- some ways after Salar Jung Museum.

Last edited by C'estlavie : 31st January 2016 at 14:00.
Old 31st January 2016, 21:59   #6315
Distinguished - BHPian

Woah! Nice to know this thread is back in action after a long time.

Have been eating out a lot this month and some of the places that I visited in this month ( January 2016) are as follows :-

1. Blue Fox, Himayathnagar (2 Times)

2. Chutney's---Hitech City, Himayathnagar (2 Times)

3. Serengeti- Banjara Hills (2 Times)

4. Jewels of Nizam (JON), Gandipet ( 1 Time)

5. Ruci & Adoni, Banjara Hills ( 1 Time)

6. Tim Tai, Kondapur ( 1 Time)

7. Sardarijis, Gachibowli ( 1 Time)

8. Coastal Spice ( 1 Time)

9. Paradise, Gachibowli ( 1 Time)

Some of the outstanding dishes that come to mind from above are as follows :-

1. Meat Balls and Mutton Biryani from Blue Fox is simply brilliant. Though being a telugu run establishment, they make fine Indian/Mughlai dishes too

2. Talahua Boti Mutton at Serengeti is a MUST HAVE. Do not miss this dish. Been there twice this month just to enjoy this meat dish. Delicious is an understatement. Melt in mouth and perfect spices

3. R&I has been our favorite outlet for a few years now and we order the standard fare of Green Apple Drink, Chicken Peri Peri and their Pizzas are thin and very delicious

4. JON has very good food and I love their Haleem which is in a different league. Really nice and best during non-ramzaan days. Their biryani is light, favorable and meat in the biryani is melt in mouth. Very different from regular biryanis in Hyderabad and would say this is the real biryani ( devoid of heavy masalas----But, I like it with an overdose of masalas)

JON service is best describe as the WORST in all restaurants in Hyderabad despite paying such high price. So be prepared to wait for long time if you order their set meal

5. Tim Tai---Try their veg basket noodles and many red and green curries along with chicken, prawns most of which are lightly flavored and gives you the real Thai flavor

6. Saradarji- They make one of the best Makki Ki Roti and Sarson Ka Saag. Must try.

7. Coastal Spice--Our standard order is the Appams, Prawns Ghee Roast and Prawns Mixed Biryani. Superb !!!

8. Chutneys--Gunter Idli, Uttapam and Pongal followed by Filter coffee will transport you to heaven

Apart from this, some other some of other favorites are :

1. Chicken Rolls at Gachibowli outside OTF. Best rolls in town. Period ! Feels like your transported to Kolkatta

2. I am a regular at Kakatiya Delux Mess (KDM).[b] I will have to confess that best mutton fry and prawns fry in Hyderabad is from KDM. Even 5-star hotels cannot beat them.

Whew!!! As you can see I blew a small fortune on food this month

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks