Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2016, 13:53   #6316
shimshumara

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Candle Light Dinner !!
People, what is the best suggestion / recommendation ?

PS: Mobike008 Good to see you back. Isn't it time for a meet up?

Old 26th February 2016, 15:13   #6317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshumara View Post
Candle Light Dinner !!
People, what is the best suggestion / recommendation ?
Hmm..Candle Light Dinner. Getting romantic eh?

Candle Light Dinner concept is nice to read and found mostly in tv serials and movies but, in reality it almost never happens...LOL

Jokes apart, some good restuarants that you can go are as follows for a lovely dinner

1. Serengeti
2. Rubayait
3. Tansen
4. JON ( You will love the experience...but, only Alacarte please. Set menu order is always been a horrible experience)
5. Faluknuma Palace ( If you'r in a really exorbitant mood, go for this. Nothing beats this experience)
6. Avasa is also quite good

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshumara View Post
PS: Mobike008 Good to see you back. Isn't it time for a meet up?
Thanks..We need to catch up. Long time !!!!

Are you in Hyd or Blr? Check out the Hyd Meet section

Next meet planned will be a lunch meet in Gachibowli/Hitec city area. We shall do it during the March 7th week.....
Old 1st March 2016, 15:38   #6318

Anyone else been to Kim Fung(aka Golden Peacock) at Tarnaka?

It has a rating of around 4.5 on Zomato and always saw a huge waiting crowd outside whenever i'm passing that area(it is before Tarnaka Junction)

The first time i visited, the waiting time was 1 hour. I was really curious so i thought one hour waiting time is fine. But time ticked on and my wife and i ended up waiting for almost 1.5 hrs(with no seating area and literally on the road). It was 10:30 PM and we decided to chuck it and ended up eating at Swagath Grand nearby.

Second time, i decided to take away and guess what - the waiting time for that was 45 mins. i said no way am i getting bitten twice so again we left.

Deep inside the dream of eating at Kim Fung just kept gnawing at me and as the saying goes - Once Bitten, Twice Shy, Thrice Impatient.

So i reached early in the evening(around 7:30 PM!), waiting time of around 15 minutes(i think it is their motto - You no wait, you no eat!) and got in. 4 tables in total. Smaller than my bedroom. Pretty decent level of hygiene.

Food is in between IndoChinese and Authentic chinese. It's not heavily garlicky or saucy like typical chinese restaurants. Meat was tender with a light layer of sauce.

Tried Kim Fung Chicken Special (starter - around 150/-) - 3/5
Keong Topping Rice(Rice with little gravy on top around 175/-) - 3.5/5
Chicken Lollipop (150/- 3/5)

Flavours are pretty good, price is low, quantity is slightly on the lower side, waiting time for each order is around 10-15 mins, and getting in is a horrendous experience. But i think it was quite worth it and now i can rest easy. Overall 3.5/5
Old 18th June 2016, 19:45   #6319
joe
BHPian

Jump starting this thread . Which restaurant has the best haleem this year?. My current favorite haleem is Green Park Begumpet, very good taste and no bones. Thanks.
Old 28th June 2016, 08:46   #6320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Jump starting this thread. Which restaurant has the best haleem this year?. My current favorite haleem is Green Park Begumpet, very good taste and no bones. Thanks.
Nice to see you take initiative of jump starting this thread

I tasted the Green Park Haleem (INR 220/-) for the bigger box and I completely agree with you. Though it was slightly on sweeter side. Perhaps due to the fried onions

Some of my other favorites which I already tried this year are :

1. Hyline

This is one fantastic Haleem. Quantity is less and has a few bones but, the taste is one of the best

2. Bahar

They have always made one of the most neutral and loveable haleems. Also, they are also the cheapest. Worth trying

3. Mashad Haleem @ Pakwaan Grand

A new Haleem with dry fruits and from the looks of it looks like a dessert but, tastes pretty good. Worth trying for sure

4. Shahgouse

One of my favorites always due to thick consistency and meaty texture.

Yet to try 3 more famous places for Haleem

1. Shadaab

2. Sarvi

3. 555

Btw, I don't believe in visiting Pista House at all. Have not had their Haleem for 3 years in a row

Where all have you eaten this year?
Old 28th June 2016, 11:05   #6321
BHPian

Mobike008,

Can we rename this thread as "A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad".
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Which restaurant has the best haleem this year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I tasted the Green Park Haleem (INR 220/-) for the bigger box and I completely agree with you.

2. Bahar
They have always made one of the most neutral and loveable haleems. Also, they are also the cheapest. Worth trying

Btw, I don't believe in visiting Pista House at all. Have not had their Haleem for 3 years in a row.
Bahar @ 110/- including a pepsi is the cheapest from within the list of famous outlets. Be prepared for a bone or 2.

Hotel Green Park @ 225/- serves 50% more than normal quantity served by others and also pays 21% taxes, so, it works out to 125/- per plate frankly. Hence most VFM among all. And is boneless, .

I ate Pista House haleem on 7th June and except for a single bone, it was perfect.

How come JON (Jewel of Nizam) at Hotel Golkonda is missing from your list and so is Mohini's?

The Park Hotel on Raj Bhawan Road serves the most expensive haleem @ 874/- per plate. Not sure if the price includes taxes or are taxes extra. I do not have the guts to spend that sort of money despite having a major weakness for haleem and willing to travel across the city to eat.
Old 28th June 2016, 14:01   #6322
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Mobike008,

Can we rename this thread as "A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad"
Done !

Quote:
I ate Pista House haleem on 7th June and except for a single bone, it was perfect.
Then I will have to try PH as well this year. Will share my feedback whenever I get a chance to try them

Quote:
How come JON (Jewel of Nizam) at Hotel Golkonda is missing from your list and so is Mohini's?
JON and Park : Only if you are treating

Mohini : I can treat you when your in my neck of woods
Old 8th December 2016, 14:56   #6323
Distinguished - BHPian

It's unbelievable that this thread is lying dormant for 6 months?

It's a shame on Hydeez who are known for their love for food and everything related to food

Well, let me break this 6-month long spell by sharing a short review of my dinner outing yesterday (Dec 7th, 2016) at a little known gem in the by-lanes of Madhapur

"Vera Pizzeria" is a small but, beautifully done up place with sitting on ground floor (ala-carte) and buffet is served on their 1st floor

Place was referred by BHPian Rajesh.Rawal who was born ONLY to eat

Their staff is eager and extremely pleasant (even though accent slightly gets in the way to understand what they try to say but, I would recommend you to be patient and not go nasty on them)

There were about 7-8 tables full and their ambiance is truly nice. Bright and lively

Since the family wanted ala-carte (they have a small appetite you see unlike me..LOL!) and I opted for a buffet as I got convinced after seeing their buffet menu. They agreed to serve us on 1st floor even though that is not a standard practice as its meant only for buffet customers

Buffet was outstanding to say the least wherein everything was served fresh and on the table (except desserts) and unlike standard buffet where food is laid out on table which is quite often cold or empty vessels stare at you making your wait uncontrollable and more importantly, you'd need to fetch it yourself

This concept was nice and served me, the lone buffet eater till my stomach cried out "Hey are you trying to kill me?"

A mocktail or unlimited soft drink was included. I chose a fresh lime soda

What ensued was a culinary burst of excellent food starting with soup and quite a few starters like Garlic bread and Garlic bread with chicken, fish and prawn toppings, chicken wings, Fish with tartar sauce, stuffed potato with chicken and all of which mind you was made fresh and served on the table

Next followed a lovely fussili pasta in red sauce. They had penne and other types too but, I wanted Fussili. It was brilliant to say the least. Flavors were oozing out of the dish and made me heady for a moment

Then Abhishek, who was taking care of us asked me what type of Pizza I would like and when he heard that I was a lamb lover. He said will make a customized pizza on medium crust with fresh lamb, broccoli, and other exotic veggies with minimal cheese (on my request)

Yet again, they hit the nail on the head. It was delicious and left me satiated

But, nope this was not the end of story. They forced me to try out the desserts which again were pretty unique. I just tried the Rose Falooda and some cake both of which were outstanding

Family also enjoyed their pizzas and potato with cheese immensely and were grinning from ear to ear.

Service took the experience to a different level when they offered them desserts which was only part of the buffet

We left the restaurant many pounds heavier thinking about the earliest we can come back to enjoy a similar meal

P.S : I would like to urge you to visit this place as food quality is quite good and very light on the pocket too. Please ask for Abhishek and he will most certainly take good care of you

Time for some pictures which tell the above story in a much stronger way so I assume "sub-titles" for these pictures ain't needed..Hehe!
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_7734.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_7743.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-2.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-4.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-1.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_7750.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-5.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-6.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-3.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th December 2016 at 16:25.
Old 8th December 2016, 17:03   #6324
BHPian

Quote:

Buffet was outstanding to say the least wherein everything was served fresh and on the table (except desserts) and unlike standard buffet where food is laid out on table which is quite often cold or empty vessels stare at you making your wait uncontrollable and more importantly, you'd need to fetch it yourself

This concept was nice and served me, the lone buffet eater till my stomach cried out "Hey are you trying to kill me?"
I certainly prefer this concept to the traditional buffet where you sometimes end up standing in a queue whilst some other guest shifts his weight from one foot to the other whilst making up his/her mind. Plus, of course, the cold food or worse the empty vessels. First time we experienced this type of buffet service was at Mainland China at Begumpet.
Old 8th December 2016, 19:12   #6325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

P.S : I would like to urge you to visit this place as food quality is quite good and very light on the pocket too. Please ask for Abhishek and he will most certainly take good care of you

Time for some pictures which tell the above story in a much stronger way so I assume "sub-titles" for these pictures ain't needed..Hehe!
Since you liked this rather loved this place,you should head to CIBO House (ie if you havent already ).Its an amazing place with the service as well as the food (concept is same as Vera,but I find CIBO cosier and the service so very warm)its in the same building as Starbucks and Subway opposite Trident.
Old 8th December 2016, 19:16   #6326
BHPian

Quote:

That's mouthwatering stuff, was actually drooling at the pics. Thanks for sharing, will take my brother,who's a foodie , next time I'm in town.
Old 9th December 2016, 09:38   #6327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
I certainly prefer this concept to the traditional buffet where you sometimes end up standing in a queue whilst some other guest shifts his weight from one foot to the other whilst making up his/her mind. Plus, of course, the cold food or worse the empty vessels. First time we experienced this type of buffet service was at Mainland China at Begumpet.
Yes. It was refreshing to say the least. Experienced it for first time and it was enjoyable and might visit again only for this convenience

I personally avoid "Buffet Meals" like the plague as I believe them make you eat more (which I would like to avoid) but, when I heard they will serve on table I opted for it. Otherwise I am an ala-carte guy through and through

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Since you liked this rather loved this place,you should head to CIBO House (ie if you havent already ).Its an amazing place with the service as well as the food (concept is same as Vera,but I find CIBO cosier and the service so very warm)its in the same building as Starbucks and Subway opposite Trident.
Heard about them but, never been there. What are they all about? Which dishes stand out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
That's mouthwatering stuff, was actually drooling at the pics. Thanks for sharing, will take my brother,who's a foodie , next time I'm in town.
So you plan to just sit in front of him and enjoy seeing him eat?
Old 9th December 2016, 13:17   #6328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
First time we experienced this type of buffet service was at Mainland China at Begumpet.
The first restaurant to serve buffet on the table fresh from the kitchen was Chinese Wok or some name like that behind Neeru's in Banjara Hills Road No. 1 exactly opposite City Center Mall. It was 100% table service which means even soup, salads, snacks, mains and desserts were served fresh from the kitchen directly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Since you liked this rather loved this place,you should head to CIBO House (ie if you havent already ).
A few of us TBHPians met up at CIBO House in it's 2nd month of operation. They utterly failed us. Snacks, salads and desserts were on a buffet table while soups and mains were served fresh from kitchen. The place was claustrophobic and tables to close to each other. 4 of us had to request others to get up from their chairs to enable us to get access to our chairs. I have not gone back ever again.
Old 9th December 2016, 13:45   #6329
BHPian

Quote:
A few of us TBHPians met up at CIBO House in it's 2nd month of operation. They utterly failed us. Snacks, salads and desserts were on a buffet table while soups and mains were served fresh from kitchen. The place was claustrophobic and tables to close to each other. 4 of us had to request others to get up from their chairs to enable us to get access to our chairs. I have not gone back ever again.
+1

We went to Cibo House about 7-8 months back. We were about 10 folks and the description that Bajaj saab has given is spot on (claustrophobic, tables very close). And for vegetarians there isn't much to eat either. On the way back I actually commented to the host that from a buffet place we generally overeat and come back full...this restaurant for a change has made us come back hungry
Old 10th December 2016, 22:28   #6330
BHPian

Quote:

So you plan to just sit in front of him and enjoy seeing him eat?
:P not really bro. Just that my appetite isn't anywhere close to his. I'm not a foodie.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks