Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2017, 22:48   #6361
Senior - BHPian

This person opposite Acer Motors Trimulgherry,serves some amazing Bhelpuri and Sevpuri.I found his the closest to the Mumbai onesHis red box is a khazana!
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-1484327836080.jpg  

Old 24th January 2017, 20:21   #6362
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Happened to do a take-away from Deli 9 Bistro at Gachibowli thanks to the State Badminton Finals at PGBA.A veg club sandwich and a chicken shawarma wrap set me back by a cool INR450.Overpriced!

The place more than a welcome board or anything has posters stuck up all over the place at the entry stating they charge a 10% service charge on all dine-in orders and it further goes onto state that in case you are not happy with the service,please take it up with the management but there would be no option to not pay the service charge,and that entering the restaurant is deemed as acceptance of terms and conditions pertaining to service charge.The text is not exactly same but the essence is something as above.

Quite a welcome indeed!As for the food,it was insipid and absolutely not worth the money.
Old 24th January 2017, 22:22   #6363
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Happened to do a take-away from Deli 9 Bistro at Gachibowli thanks to the State Badminton Finals at PGBA.
That is so sad. It used to be one of my favorite places.

By the way, I went back to Junior Kuppanna and had Veg Meals for dinner. Kids had idly and dosa. The Wife had Chicken Kuthu Parotta.
Lovely dinner. I absolutely loved the Puli Kuzhumbu they served.

Bill was under 700 rupees and service was really good.

Also my young son needed to use the restroom. It was super clean. They get a few extra points for that. Am hoping parents with young kids will appreciate this point.
Old 24th January 2017, 22:33   #6364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Junior Kuppanna
Yes it's a lovely place.The Egg KP is more interesting than the CKP (just a personal taste maybe).I so wish that the owners persist with the place and the place sees more patrons.Anjappar owners at Panjagutta IMO should have been a little more patient rather than shutting it down so quickly.Jk is really good and clean like you said.
Old 26th January 2017, 15:01   #6365
Team-BHP Support

Have you tried the Spice 6 restaurant on Banjara Hills Road #1. Its between Bikanerwalla and the Road #12 junction.

Absolutely love the Shawrma and Biryani.
The roti's and chicken curries like Butter Chicken are also quite nice.

The Bakalava is a fantastic desert.

Very good service and prices are reasonable for the place.

Like today I picked up, Chicken Shawrma, Biryani, 4 Garlic Naan's and a butter chicken. Bill was about a thousand.
Old 27th January 2017, 21:02   #6366
Distinguished - BHPian

Last sunday visited "Thai Pavilion" at the Taj Vivanta, Begumpet for their Sunday brunch

There is just one word for their food, service and ambience. WOW !!!

It is important to mention the service of a hostess "Asangle" who hails from Nagaland and her service was exceptional as she was right at the elbow to refill and make sure we are comfortable without being intruding

It costed us INR 1400/- Per Person and was totally worth it even if it was a set-menu along with beverages

They have Chinese New Year Celebration tomorrow and same price will be charged for Saturday dinner (Jan 28th). Do check it out

Now let the pictures do rest of the talking
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_3178.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-1.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-2.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-3.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-4.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_3202.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_3203.jpg  

Old 30th January 2017, 09:01   #6367
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited the much talked about new restaurant in town "Dhaba by Claridges" yesterday for lunch

Trivia : Claridges was an old heritage 5* hotel in Delhi and due to popularity it opened other centers with same name in Delhi. Hyderabad is their first restuarant outside of Delhi

Chennai opened a couple of weeks ago and Bangalore location opened to public just 2 days back

Ambience is fantastic and has an upmarket dhaba feel to it. The counter has those big baltis as correctly seen on dhabas

Their restroom deserve a special mention, it was made of tin sheds but, was centrally air-conditioned. Very nice touch

Food was extraordinary and service too. The manager (Rohit) made sure we were comfortable and was attending to us for almost everything. A casual enquiry for corporate discount, he offered 10%. I think discount is not offered as a general policy but, I got lucky

We ordered Raseela (A refreshing drink made of cola and some masalas and it was lovely. Not as good as my favorite Green Mango at Ruci & Adoni)

We got the Veg Galouti Kebab, Dhaba Paneer Tikka for starters and both were outstanding

Main course saw us run through Mutter Paneer and Balti Meat both of which were superb

Balti meat had exactly 3 pieces for a princely sum of INR 450 ++ and was not really worth the money they charged but, taste was good

We tried a Dhaba ki Roti (Bread) which was fabulous and you should try it. It's made with flour fermented and it tasted lovely. All breads are expensive and priced around 75/- each

Overall, it was a good experience and we would love to go back again soon

4/5

Note : Forgot to mention, I got a thank you email and text from them within an hour of stepping out of the restaurant. Lovely!
Attached Thumbnails

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-5.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th January 2017 at 09:43.
Old 6th February 2017, 11:44   #6368
BHPian

Tried a new Pizza place "Pietza Pizza" in Kabara Drive in Road Number 12 Banjara Hills. We ordered a "Polo Sicilian" pizza. Loved the thin-crust wood fried Pizza. Both of us finished a large-size pizza easily. Yes, we were hungry.

Coming to the pizza, it was thin-crust, with a generous amount of Mozzarella cheese, chicken, tomatoes, onion etc. It was one of the best Pizzas I've had and much better than the giant brands. The bill came to 410/- for a large-size pizza, including taxes. This is the first time we are visiting a drive in. The food is not served in the car, but you have a common seating area upstairs where you can chill out and have your food.
Old 10th February 2017, 07:52   #6369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Tried a new Pizza place "Pietza Pizza" in Kabara Drive in Road Number 12 Banjara Hills.
This is unfair. Where is the picture of the food? Without pictures reading text is no fun when it comes to food. I'm sure all of you agree

Visited "Haiku" during the Dine-out Festival

Located at a very upmarket place in Banjara Hills.

Ambience is minimalist going by the Japanese/Vietnamese theme. Nothing great. I found the place to be little darker than required

Service was extraordinary and we were taken care like royalty and were attended by 1 maitre'd and 2 servers. Fantastic service

Coming to the food. We ordered so much that our tummies were crying in agony...But, the food was excellent

We ordered the following

1. Noodle Soup
2. Veg Sushi (We liked it so much that had 2 rounds)
3. Vietnamese Rice Rolls (We liked it so much had 2 rounds)
4. Chilli Basil Fish
5. Lemon Grass Chilli Chicken
6. Jasmine Rice and Vietnamese Veg Curry

There was absolutely no room for dessert though we were eyeing the Chocolate spring roll

We really enjoyed a unique "Bubble Tea" that has some nice soft transparent mounds in the drink. A lot similar to falooda but, different in some sense. We had the Fruit and Rose but, we liked the Fruit

It is an expensive place with most dishes in price range of 350-450 per dish but, the taste and quantity for some were fine (Chill Chicken was good quantity) others were not as much

Before signing off...a few pictures as usual !!!
Attached Thumbnails

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-6.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-7.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-8.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-5.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th February 2017 at 07:53.
Old 10th February 2017, 11:37   #6370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This is unfair. Where is the picture of the food? Without pictures reading text is no fun when it comes to food. I'm sure all of you agree
Haha, I'm not a big fan of clicking pictures of food, especially when I'm that hungry and low on patience

Why don't you try this place during the weekend and give us a comprehensive review including the photos?
Old 12th February 2017, 17:51   #6371
Senior - BHPian

After reading a positive review on social media about Jackie's Patisserie, we headed today after S3 and expected a good treat. Upon reaching Jackie's were saw that it was nothing but a house turned diner with shady entrance and practically we were greeted by no one. Waiters were untrained and didnt know anything. We went specifically for the Anglo-Indian dishes and came to know that "Madam wasnt well" / "3 hours prior intimation is required". So we ordered Thai Veg Green Curry and to our horror, what came on the table was Palak Curry with Paneer It was no where close to authenticity, Next came a delayed Egg Friend rice, which was burnt ahd had more egg than rice.Saving grace was Grilled Mayo Egg Sandwich. Seriously thumbs down to this place and hope fully madam shuts this diner soon..Very disappointed Black Sunday !!

The so called "Thai Veg Green Curry" with Palak and Paneer !!!
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-thai-green-curry.jpg
Old 10th April 2017, 08:18   #6372
Distinguished - BHPian

For people who love Mysore Bonda, I would like you to try out the small shop in Street No. 12, Himayathnagar

He is extremely consistent and has a knack of making it really crisp from outside and soft from inside. This dish is messed up by many roadside vendors

Hence, give it a shot, it's really delicious
Attached Thumbnails

Old 22nd April 2017, 09:22   #6373
Distinguished - BHPian

Am I the only one updating this thread? Others have stopped eating?

Last night been to Vera Pizzeria again and enjoyed a lovely experience overall. They had the Battle of Pizzas II where you order 1 pizza and get another pizza from their Arabic Pizza menu free

We need to tell them which one is better and based on maximum votes they will decide if they should include that pizza into their regular menu

We ordered 2 Pizzas and got 3 pizzas free ( 2 Non Veg, 3 Veg) as the Manager recognized me and provided a wonderful customer experience

Served us complimentary colas

We ordered 1 Fresh Lime Soda. And, were not charged for the same as even that was complimentary

Only hitch was some politician marriage celebration was happening and it took us 45 mins from main road to restaurant which is 300 meters due to the choc o block traffic. But, the good food and nice service recovered our evening to a large extent

We wrapped up the dinner by enjoying some Alphonso Ice-Cream from Cream Stone
Attached Thumbnails

Old 16th November 2017, 01:12   #6374
Team-BHP Support

Telangana says service charge in bills is illegal, raids from Nov 13

https://telanganatoday.com/telangana...l-raids-nov-13

Quote:
“The point of time when a customer decides to give a tip/gratuity is not when he/she enters the hotel/restaurant and also not when he/she places his/her order. It is only after completing the meal that the customer is in a position to assess the quality of service, and decide whether or not to pay a tip/gratuity and if so, how much. Therefore, if a hotel/restaurant considers that entry of a customer to a hotel/restaurant amounts to his/her implied consent to pay a fixed amount of service charge, is illegal,” the statement read.
Old 22nd December 2017, 13:07   #6375

We will be travelling to Hyderabad from Pune tomorrow. Will be there for 4 days with one day trip to Srisailam. We had stayed in Hyderabad back in 2004 and relished the food very much. So, this time, FOOD is on focus.
Things must have changed a lot in the 13 years and hence asking for recommendation for lunch, dinner and snacks places. We will be staying in Banjara Hills area. Bawarchi at RTC cross road is something I've in mind for Biriyani. What are the other must not miss eateries and special dishes?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks