Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2018, 03:59   #6406
HPP
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I don't recollect the compound feeling family-un-friendly. Though it has been near 2 years since my last visit. 4 Seasons there never measured up to my expectations ever. My visits are/were restricted to Ice & Spice for muttabaq.
Yeah don't get me wrong, it's not family unfriendly necessarily, but we want it to be better. Inviting would be the goal..

We recently tiled the center parking area for women, sandals, cleanliness etc. And are working with the tenants to work on a list of items as we move on.

Quote:

Aromas ? Do you mean Aromas of China in City Center ?
Food is a disaster there. I have been disappointed time and again in past 2 years now. In March, I rejected the spring rolls dish. The chef personally came out and said by way of excuse that it is due to they using French spring roll sheets. Imagine that! Even an Udupi Tiffin Centre would serve better spring rolls.
All outlets of BJN group have gone from bad to worse, actually worst.
They closed down IndiJoe long back. Recently, they renamed Firangi Paani as IndiJoe but with FP menu. As if it was not enough mockery, they stopped AOC's weekday lunch buffet and have started serving a Chinese lunch buffet in IndiJoe.
That's very disappointing to hear. My last Hyd visit was Dec/Jan 2015/16. So it's been about 2.5 years. Was always great, but if that has changed, we'll have to skip.
Old 2nd July 2018, 16:29   #6407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Yeah don't get me wrong, it's not family unfriendly necessarily, but we want it to be better. Inviting would be the goal..

We recently tiled the center parking area for women, sandals, cleanliness etc. And are working with the tenants to work on a list of items as we move on.
The center parking area is the problem as far as I see. There are lot of beggars and road side Romeos who hover around that area.

Do you own Yusuf Tekri or any of the Outlets there ?
Old 2nd July 2018, 18:20   #6408
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
The center parking area is the problem as far as I see. There are lot of beggars and road side Romeos who hover around that area.

Do you own Yusuf Tekri or any of the Outlets there ?
Understood. Security people and cleanup service is top of the list to add. Need to get tenants to work with us on it.

The complex is our families (My parents generation originally.. so a lot of people to coordinate at this point..).
Old 3rd July 2018, 10:13   #6409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You and I are on the same page. We've been going since the beginning, and it's my number 1. Aromas is probably my second, and there are a few more that fill out the next spots.
As Bajaj Saab mentioned, AOC is washed out. I got one more favorite on my list now (read on to know which one) which might have nudged the most favorite out of the top. Only issue is that it's quite expensive

Quote:
That's very disappointing to hear. My last Hyd visit was Dec/Jan 2015/16. So it's been about 2.5 years. Was always great, but if that has changed, we'll have to skip.
Nothing has really changed there. That complex and surrounding area is always crowded, no parking, garbage on main road etc not to mention the issue what autotranny mentioned

However good the food is, I will skip that complex. During my bachelor days used to go to Mandar a lot but, as we grow up our priorities change and now that place has got no appeal to me. No offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
The center parking area is the problem as far as I see. There are lot of beggars and road side Romeos who hover around that area. Do you own Yusuf Tekri or any of the Outlets there ?
+1

Quote:
The complex is our families (My parents generation originally.. so a lot of people to coordinate at this point..).
Yeah, it needs a complete make-over if you desire to attract the IT crowd. Small changes wont make any difference

Last Friday was a date with mom, so took her to one of the newest favorites (been here atleast 5-6 times now) and this place simply wow's us as the quality of the food is almost surreal and ingredients used are so fresh and there is a great taste to everything they serve which is a bit hard to explain

But, I would highly recommend "HAIKU" for folks who love pan-asian food

We ordered the following. Mom is vegetarian so the only Non veg dish was the wings

Indonesian Wings (Simply delectable)
Lotus Stem Snack (Lovely)
Pad Thai Noodles (out of this world)
Fresh Lime Soda
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_2681_1.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_2678_1.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_2679_1.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_2680_1.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2018, 12:50   #6410
Distinguished - BHPian

Do you like "Fish Fry"?

If yes, then don't miss the upcoming Team-BHP Drive meet on Sunday (July 8th) so you can enjoy one of the best fish fry ever

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post4423323
Old 4th July 2018, 09:33   #6411
HPP
BHPian

Haiku added to the list!

That food looks great.
Old 5th July 2018, 20:28   #6412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
..............Paradise is now quoted by people that it is a biryani meant for "Tourists" to Hyderabad. I simply wont agree with that. Paradise was and is still one of the best places to enjoy a biryani

Trick is to be there during the right time and not at odd hours as you know they serve people in masses............

What is the 'right time'?

Since we live quite close to the original 'Paradise' at Begumpet, making it at the right time isn't a issue for me.

It's a pleasure following this thread.
Old 6th July 2018, 08:01   #6413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
What is the 'right time'?
Since we live quite close to the original 'Paradise' at Begumpet, making it at the right time isn't a issue for me.
It's a pleasure following this thread.
In my humble opinion any time is a right time at Paradise.I have found the taste to be consistent and good at all, if not most times of the day.Ofcourse there is a huge difference in the taste of the takeaway biryani and the one that is served on the table
Quote:
Zaika-e-Hyderabad is located very close to TV9 office and Road No. 3 Mosque in Banjara Hills.
I have always wanted to know what is the difference between ZEH and Kabab stories?Both are serviced by the same kitchen?or are they completely different restaurants.Looking to go to one of those places over the weekend.TIA

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 6th July 2018 at 08:19.
Old 6th July 2018, 09:47   #6414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Haiku added to the list!That food looks great.
I can guarantee you will not be disappointed with their food. Just make sure to carry a stuffed wallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
What is the 'right time'? Since we live quite close to the original 'Paradise' at Begumpet, making it at the right time isn't a issue for me.It's a pleasure following this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
In my humble opinion any time is a right time at Paradise.I have found the taste to be consistent and good at all, if not most times of the day.Ofcourse there is a huge difference in the taste of the takeaway biryani and the one that is served on the table
As Ranjit rightly mentioned, Paradise is the only biryani joint in Hyderabad who are CONSISTENT (in capitals) as their taste and meat quality has not changed over the years

Also, I agree that their biryani is not really as much enjoyable when you get it as a take-away so we completely avoid it and may have got it as takeaway once or twice a year

My personal preference is to go there at sharp 12:30pm or latest by 1:00pm and enjoy it in the restaurant as the first dekcha (Large vessel) should be freshest it can get. Incidentally, I never went to Paradise during dinner. It has always been lunch

Zeze : If you stay in Begumpet then go their Paradise outlet and sit in Persian Gold as their service is better

Also, below outlets are my favorite outlets

1. Gachibowli (Near Triple IT Circle) after Gachibowli Flyover
2. Paradise (Original Outlet)
3. Imax Center

I dont have any use for other outlets as I dont like to venture apart from these 3 outlets

Quote:
I have always wanted to know what is the difference between ZEH and Kabab stories?Both are serviced by the same kitchen?or are they completely different restaurants.Looking to go to one of those places over the weekend.TIA
Never been to KS. But, do not experiment and go to ZEH as I always enjoyed their food. Rich and quite good

Btw, now i recalled the dessert name. It is called "Badam ka Kund"...As the exotic name suggests its an almond based dessert and was lovely and be prepared to slip into a coma

On the topic of Biryani. Last week had it twice...as i enjoy biryani so much, I can have it daily too...LOL

Both were take-aways

As I was in Himayathnagar last week, I ordered the Mutton Biryani from Blue Fox which never disappoints me. They used to be great in almost every dish but, not anymore. However, their biryani is usually quite consistent

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_2920.jpg

Well, if you are an adventurer, try this biryani. And, also if you got bored of eating the typical spicy biryani

This is from Behrouz Biryani. It is little "sweet" in taste and also has some dry fruits which I used to detest in anything other than desserts.

But, have had it a few times and developed a taste for this unusual biryani.

It is quite good. Long grained rice, flavorful, meat is succulent and nice masala even though it's a bit less compared to the overall quantity of rice

Try it only if you are BRAVE and with least expectation

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_3114.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th July 2018 at 09:49.
Old 6th July 2018, 10:08   #6415
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Never been to KS. But, do not experiment and go to ZEH as I always enjoyed their food. Rich and quite good
KS is the terrace outlet of ZEH or so I understand.
The menu are slightly dtlifferent.
I have never been to KS as I go to ZEH only when I have visiting guests who desire to eat authentic (as authentic as my wallet allows) Hyderabadi food.
Old 6th July 2018, 10:14   #6416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Haiku added to the list!That food looks great.
Forgot to mention. Ask them for Lettuce Wraps (Cold Lettuce stuffed with exotic veggies). It is my mom's favorite and it is not on menu but, you can ask the chef to make it.

When we went there last time those ingredients were not available hence we ordered the Lotus Stem (Yeah, they make this lovely snack using the lotus stem)
Old 6th July 2018, 12:23   #6417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I never went to Paradise during dinner. It has always been lunch
Go for dinner and if its really late,you would be treated to a sight of trucks lining up all filled with Daawat Basmati unloading the bags.It is quite a sight and that is when you realise the sheer enormity of the volumes that they serve out.And its heartening to see there is no compromise on the quality and no cutting corners what with them using good basmati inspite of all the popularity.The trucks unloading was the case till about a few years ago not sure if it still happens.
Quote:
Zeze : If you stay in Begumpet then go their Paradise outlet and sit in Persian Gold as their service is better
do they have any other category there?I remember seeing all three levels mentioned as Persis Gold there.The 3rd and 4th gives wonderful views of the metro train passing by as you eat as the tracks are at eye level from the restaurant-this is just a coincidence obviously but it has turned out to be a lovely coincidence to watch the trains pass by exactly every 7 mins.
Quote:
ok,thats the plan for now.
Quote:
, if you are an adventurer, try this biryani. And, also if you got bored of eating the typical spicy biryaniThis is from Behrouz Biryani.
yes agree with you.Behrouz does not deliver to Sainikpuri unfortunately.I did taste them in mumbai many a time and they are extremely good and the packing too is quite good.

Quote:
KS is the terrace outlet of ZEH or so I understand.
The menu are slightly dtlifferent.
I have never been to KS as I go to ZEH only when I have visiting guests who desire to eat authentic (as authentic as my wallet allows) Hyderabadi food.
yes totally agree on the wallet part.The same reason as yours is what is going to take me to ZEH tonight.Have people from out of town and a celebration too so I think shall give KS a miss and settle down for ZEH

PS:talk about innuendoes and KS

Just realised it is so much easier writing and discussing and asking for information on this thread as opposed to the innumerable foodie threads on fb where almost always the views and discussions eventually either end up on a confrontational tone or a disdainful or despicable tone Always a feel good factor to return to TBHP!

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 6th July 2018 at 12:30.
Old 6th July 2018, 12:32   #6418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Go for dinner and if its really late,you would be treated to a sight of trucks lining up all filled with Daawat Basmati unloading the bags.It is quite a sight and that is when you realise the sheer enormity of the volumes that they serve out.And its heartening to see there is no compromise on the quality and no cutting corners what with them using good basmati inspite of all the popularity.The trucks unloading was the case till about a few years ago not sure if it still happens.
do they have any other category there?I remember seeing all three levels mentioned as Persis Gold there
Yes. I have seen many times the trucks unloading Dawaat Basmati rice and also know for sure that they dont compromise on quality hence the taste remains consistent

More than anything. You will never find a bad meat piece in your biryani. It is always melt in mouth good pieces.

Over the years the quantity has come down and meat quantity also reduced but, the inevitably prices increased

I'm a hard core fan of Paradise and many friends laugh at my passion for them but, well I dont really care as when I believe in something I go all the way (Wish they are reading this and take me as their brand ambassador)

Paradise at Paradise has 3-4 different levels Silver, Persis Gold etc. Not sure if they changed that now

Enjoy the dinner at ZEH and look forward to pics and review
Old 6th July 2018, 19:55   #6419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Paradise at Paradise has 3-4 different levels Silver, Persis Gold etc. Not sure if they changed that now
Not sure about Paradise in Hyderabad- the couple of times I had the food it was pretty decent- and I went to the main Secunderabad outlet each time.

But the unfortunate fact is, that Paradise in Bangalore is absolutely pathetic. I went a couple of times after they had opened hope here, but since then, have never even mistakenly wasted my money there. Quite disappointed since Paradise is such a big name otherwise.
Old 6th July 2018, 22:47   #6420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Not sure about Paradise in Hyderabad- the couple of times I had the food it was pretty decent- and I went to the main Secunderabad outlet each time.

But the unfortunate fact is, that Paradise in Bangalore is absolutely pathetic. I went a couple of times after they had opened hope here, but since then, have never even mistakenly wasted my money there. Quite disappointed since Paradise is such a big name otherwise.
Agree partly with you and ofcourse no intention to contradict your tastes.In my opinion,I think it is partly due to the fact that the Nandinis,Nagarjunas,Amravatis all sell a different type of biryani in the name of Hyderabadi biryani in Bangalore and hence have set the expectations in terms of a Hyderabadi biryani and the reality is that is vastly different from the "voriginal" Hyderabadi biryani. I did try out the Paradise in Indiranagar and IMHO, it was not way off the mark from the one in Hyderabad.The biggest misconception being that Hyderabadi Biryani and Hyderabadi dishes in particular are fiery and spicy-which is never the case in reality.I too have been a victim of this misconception When I moved from Bangalore to Hyderabad around 10 years back,I was shocked to find that the biryani which was sold as Hyderabadi biryani in Bangalore was nowhere to be found in Hyderabad and the same story as for the Thalis too that were available in Bangalore-just could not find anything remotely similar in Hyderabad-a reason why Amravati opened up a couple of outlets in Hyderabad only to close down in about 6 months as they could not find any patrons and neither were they customising it to the true Hyderabadi palate.I guess Paradise in BLR might do better if they customise their biryanis to similar looking tastes as the ones available in the Bangalore Andhra restaurants.Just my two cents

Most Viewed