Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 12:12   #1021
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Any idea why was the resto empty? Or it stays like that always?
Zaika is not a resto but a regular restuarant. Aadix was referring to the new place of Ohri's as a Resto.

By the way, directions to Zaika please?

Aadix, i recall you mentioning a good place for thali with NV items to be ordered as side dish, is that somewhere behind Ravindra Bharati? What's the name of that place?
Old 21st September 2009, 13:26   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
right behind Cinemax/TGIF building, if i am not mistaken.

while going to KBR on Rd # 3, make a left at the Pepe Jeans, and then the right after you go downhill.
Old 21st September 2009, 20:36   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Zaika is not a resto but a regular restuarant. Aadix was referring to the new place of Ohri's as a Resto.

Sorry!

At TDP office go straight instead of the usual left to reach Panjagutta, and take the first left after the circle. Zaika is on your right hand about 300 meters on this road.
Never thought that I will be giving you directions to any restaurant in Hyderabad

BTW, no replies yet on my cricket practice querry :(

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 21st September 2009 at 20:38.
Old 21st September 2009, 22:37   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Aadix, i recall you mentioning a good place for thali with NV items to be ordered as side dish, is that somewhere behind Ravindra Bharati? What's the name of that place?

wel, zaika mostly caters to the hotel rooms above it and the houses around, so most of the food is take away, the only time i see rush is in the afternoons thanks to a few offices and lvpei being close to it.

mobike bhai, the name is "indu hotel" and is exactly beside kamat. try it out,am pretty sure you will like it.

mrinal, there are a few places in madhavpur where my friends play. will pm you the moment i come to know. but am pretty sure there are places where you can play in gachibowli-madhavpur area.
Old 21st September 2009, 22:43   #1025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
mobike bhai, the name is "indu hotel" and is exactly beside kamat. try it out,am pretty sure you will like it.
Thanks. Care to share the name of dishes, if your aware of some?
Old 21st September 2009, 23:14   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Folks, it looks like Mainland China is opening a branch at the new building on the erstwhile Blue Moon Hotel premises, a few feet before Spar on the left side of the road, diagonally opposite YSR's camp office.---saw the poster yesterday while looking askance.
FYI

Last edited by vnabhi : 21st September 2009 at 23:15.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:51   #1027
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, i have seen an ad for Bombay Blues at Central Mall re-opened with a renewed decor and they are offering any dish at Rs.99/dish including sizzler et.all.

Isn't that a fabulous offer. However, not sure of the period of this offer. So rush to make the best of it
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:41   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
mrinal, there are a few places in madhavpur where my friends play. will pm you the moment i come to know. but am pretty sure there are places where you can play in gachibowli-madhavpur area.
Thanks addix, I am waiting desperately for the PM! I know many places around where people play on the weekend with tennis ball, unfortunately, I am unaware of facilities for leather ball in surrounding areas. I am eager to know of some place soon.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:40   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Hard Rock Cafe Hyderabad - Experiance

Being born in Hyderabad and Hard Rock Cafe being established in the same year I was born..1971..I was looking forward for the grand opening of HRC in GVK One mall in Hyderabad on Ramzan Festive day.

I walked into the HRC this afternoon for my Second meal in 2 days and the place just rocks.Believe me guys this is the biggest HRC i have seen in as many as 17 that i have visited around the world,likes such as London,Paris,Melbourne,Manchester,Cardiff,Singapor e,Bangalore etc etc.

I walked straight into the Merchanise shop and picked up the usual memorabilia of Pins,Shot Glass,T-Shirts etc.The prices of these memorabilia is quite reasonable.
Now walking into the HRC eating section was an experiance by itself.Rock Music memorabilia on the walls include Elton John's straw hat that we wore while singing Candle in the wind original version,Roger Dalterey's Jacket and Guitar to name a few.
Music is rocking with Retro and contemporary numbers played randomly.
Coming to the food section,the internationally acclaimed Cajun Burger is there,but HRC has doned the local Indian flavour with some Fish,Prawn curries and rice..something that i have never seen.
Here is my menu for lunch today:

Aperitif:
Mango Breeze (Non-alocoholic) Rs.180

Entree :
Potato Jackets,filled with cheese and Sour cream - Rs.180 Half portion

Plat du Jour:
Vegetable Strognoff - Rs.300

Dessert:
Brownie Fudge topped with Chocolate and Nuts - Rs.250

Final Damage : Rs.1000.
Discount : 10% for me as Im a HRC All Access member since 2002.

Will post some pics.
Recommendation : One visit is a must if you are normal person to savour the HRC experiance quite different from Pista House , Shah Ghouse Haleem joints (recently got over craze).
Repeated visits for a die hard rock music fan like me,Avi,Suren,Nazim,RR etc.

Guys,lets plan a Dinner meet sometime at HRC Hyd.
Cheers
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:38   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
OT: Anyone knows a place around Madhapur where I can practice cricket everyday in the morning? I stay in Miyapur and will love if the place is 15-20 minutes drive at 8 AM when I return from the practice.
Mrinal, where in Miyapur? I stay near the X Roads, so....

As far as practice is concerned, why don't you try the BHEL grounds? I am sure you can use the grounds there, specially if you treat the guard to a little chai paani
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:59   #1031
Distinguished - BHPian

@Hillram, that was a fabulous review on Hard Rock Cafe. Your description has made my mouth water. I can't wait to have their Cajun Burger.

This now has to go in the top priority list for a dinner meet
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:40   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Mrinal, where in Miyapur? I stay near the X Roads, so....

As far as practice is concerned, why don't you try the BHEL grounds? I am sure you can use the grounds there, specially if you treat the guard to a little chai paani
I stay behind the Reliance Fresh! We stay very near to each other .. So... when are we meeting ??
Bhel doesn't has facilities for leather ball cricket. You dont have to treat any one there with chai paani to use that ground. But the grounds are in real mess. They have one net in the hockey ground, and that doesn't has a turf or matting. So it is pretty much unusable.
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:01   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, let stick to topic and talk about food ONLY on this thread

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd September 2009 at 22:04.
Old 24th September 2009, 09:39   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
And what is the code-word / pass-word which entitles me to a special tbhp discount and how much is that discount?

Cheers and wishing your cousin a succesful feed-the-hungry venture!
One of the partner is a friend of mine. there will be a 15% discount on food(not on beverage & Hukkah).

I am attaching menu & some snaps for your reference.. Guys pl try it out.
I have not visited this place, But no harm in trying it out.

Coming back...
2 weeks back i was at Sitara (Ramoji film city) for 2 days for some office meeting.
I think room rates are on the expensive side. (Rs5100/day).
Food was very good, with a good spread of fish, chicken & Mutton.

Last week we were at Papaji Ka Dhabha, Had Tandoor chkn, Kalmi Kabab & Apollo fish. We liked apollo fish compared to Baahar & Rayalseema Ruchulu. Total incl tips - Rs450.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_2886.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_2953.jpg  

Old 24th September 2009, 13:44   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian

@Tiger, the place looks neat and upmarket. But, where is the picture of the menu card?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks