Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 12:05   #1156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Went to Laxman's today morning.
On the way back at 10.15 saw Famous Icecream open and two old gentlemen savouring their helpings.
I did not see you there, I was at Laxman's for a pretty long time. I did not see your Bolero "Raid De Himalaya" thing there at Laxman's. Looks like you too had the same idea in place like what we had. We finised off the Breakfast Binge with a couple of helpings of Ice Cream at Famous. BTW, did U have Pot Icecream or the slices?
Old 9th November 2009, 14:10   #1157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Aroma , above Kalaniketan Wedding Mall, Somajiguda has a new management team.
They have recruited new staff for the Indian section who make amazing Hyderabad Dum Biryani and Butter Chicken. It is heaven

Prices are very reasonable too.

They also started a Takeaway and Home delivery service.
Aroma was always nice. Beautiful ambience, decent if not great food and reasonable pricing. Good to know it got better

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Mainland China : Hyderabad

has a super offer.
Its offered only if number of patrons is 4 or more.
It works out to 500 bucks including taxes and service charges.
It's not clear. Did you mean Rs.500/Head and minimum pax should be 4? Is that with tax or without. Since without tax it will work out much expensive with their usual long list of taxes when added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
went to Zaffran for dinner on Sat eve. (Rd. no12 Banjara hills)

Great food, lovely rooftop ambience ....i recommend this for a quiet family dinner.
Sirji, this has been a favorite for a long time. ZE can never go wrong with their food and their ambience is probably one of the best in hyderabad for a quiet dinner
Old 9th November 2009, 17:46   #1158
Team-BHP Support

Your question
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It's not clear. Did you mean Rs.500/Head and minimum pax should be 4? Is that with tax or without. Since without tax it will work out much expensive with their usual long list of taxes when added.
was answered in my post
Quote:
It works out to 500 bucks including taxes and service charges.
anyways, its Rs 399 (ex hotel) and Rs 500 including registration, service charges and VAT.
Old 9th November 2009, 18:07   #1159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you mean Rs.500/Head and minimum pax should be 4?
Bblost, what about this question? Can you respond even if my expectation is crazy ( which is Total cost of Rs.500 for 4 Pax)
Old 9th November 2009, 18:16   #1160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bblost, what about this question? Can you respond even if my expectation is crazy ( which is Total cost of Rs.500 for 4 Pax)
Kya Avi.
do you really have any confusion about this.

Its Rs 500 per pax.
So we six guys ended up paying a bill of about Rs 2950 including all the service charges and VAT.

This place is an excellent place for a team-bhp meet.
Old 9th November 2009, 18:18   #1161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Kya Avi.
do you really have any confusion about this.

Its Rs 500 per pax.
So we six guys ended up paying a bill of about Rs 2950 including all the service charges and VAT.

This place is an excellent place for a team-bhp meet.
I was just kidding around. How long this offer on? Seems to me its the season of offers.
Old 9th November 2009, 19:17   #1162
BHPian

As we missed out visiting Govind's last week during our Team-BHP Breakfast Meet, I made sure I went there this week with my family.

Sunday started off with first pitstop at Pragati for Idli's with Chutney and Podi. It was round one of Sharing and Caring Idli's, followed by second round of the same. Had a chance meet with BBLost and Mrs. BBLost at Pragati's, hope you guys enjoyed the Idli there. Imran, does she know most of our online handles or is also a member here (hehehehe)?
$$$: Rs. 60/-
Time taken to lay hands on the order: 15 Minutes
Time taken to relish and gulp it down: Fraction of Seconds

With real good teasers served at Pragati, we moved on to our next desitination "Govind's" for some superbly awesome Butter Masala Dosa. Like always, Govind's waiting time was exponentially higher than expected. But, anything for tantalizing those evil taste buds.

Avi, you should visit this place for sure, if you have'nt been here earlier. But make sure that you avoid seeing how he makes the Dosa. In case your family is with you, make sure that they are sitting in the car, while he makes the dosa's lest you wish to hear them scream "ITNA BUTTER TO HUM POORE SAAL MEIN BHI NAHI KHAATE AUR YEH EK SAATH DAAL DIYA "

With no time for a second round, we thought of calling it a quits for Govind's here itself.

$$$: Rs. 100/-
Time taken to lay hands on the order: 20 Minutes
Time taken to relish and gulp it down: Good 10 minutes

After relishing the dosa's floating in the pool of butter at Govind's, we wanted a short gap between the next destination. Loittered around Charminar, Afzal Gunj, Begum Bazaar and etc, which were enroute our fav LAXMAN's. As usual, LAXMAN's outlet was brimming to the fill.

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting and with nothing coming up, everyone were feeling awkward and thought it was better to leave and come back later for Butter Idli's at Laxman's. Bad Luck Luck-Shman Bhai, you missed out on treating us with your butter idli's and butter masala dosa.

$$$: 0/-
Time taken to lay hands on the order: 20 Minutes
Time taken to relish and gulp it down: 0 Minutes :(

Drove down to Lingaiah Tiffin Center on Sitaram Bagh Raod for another round of Pipping Hot Idlis with Hot Spicy Chutney. We shared a couple of plates amongst ourselves.

$$$: 45/-
Time taken to lay hands on the order: 3 Minutes
Time taken to relish and gulp it down: 5 Minutes

Being a true Hyderabadi, we thought of ending the whole thing with a cup of delicious Irani Chai. Being very close to my favourite chai spot, we ventured out to Niloufer Cafe, Lakdikapul. People who love Irani Chai, do swear by his tea. Its simply superb. If I am at Sec-bad, I would love having tea at Blue Sea and at Lakdi-Ka-Pul, its always Niloufer Cafe.

$$$: 24/-
Time taken to lay hands on the order: 10 Minutes
Time taken to relish and gulp it down: 5 Minutes

Then was the time to cool down the whole thing with a couple fo scoops of ice cream at Famous, Pot Icecream wasn't ready by the time we reached there . Not in a mood of eating the sliced icecream there, we were on the way back home and had a stopover at Kwality Walls Kiosk at Himayat Nagar. Notice a couple of new flavours there "Strawberry Currant", "Litche Magic" & something. Being a Strawberry fan, I tried out Strawberry Currant. It was WOW, however as the taste started subsiding and I was half-way through I noticed it to be a bit on the sweeter side. No complaints about the same, overall a worth eat.

$$$: 196/-
Time taken to lay hands on the order: 5 Minutes
Time taken to relish and gulp it down: 20 Minutes

Overall, it was fun and had good breakfast after a long time, not to say the YAWN's I had to face the whole day at home. With each passing Yawn, there was a abuse, unfit to be documented here.

Total Cost: 425/- (no taxes applicable, that's why I love these Thela's. No frills attached)

Last edited by traveloholic : 9th November 2009 at 19:22. Reason: Chance meet with BBLost and Mrs. BBLost
Old 10th November 2009, 00:47   #1163
Distinguished - BHPian

Nikhil, that's some crazy eating, hope you skipped your lunch and dinner that day.

Looks like that agenda was carried out to give a good start to your new diet regime
Old 10th November 2009, 00:51   #1164
BHPian

@ Mobike- i think i saw you at 4 seasons on Sunday evenining. was not sure if it was you... saw your car in the parking lot then i realised it was you.
Old 10th November 2009, 10:45   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Nikhil, that's some crazy eating, hope you skipped your lunch and dinner that day.
You Bet, I skipped Lunch and Dinner for sure that day. Had a Tawa Chicken Frankie at Himayat Nagar late in the night while returning back home after my Shopping Spree, this was again followed by the coolant ritual "Choco Rum Ice Cream" at Kwality Walls Kiosk at Himayat Nagar.

Quote:
Looks like that agenda was carried out to give a good start to your new diet regime
Oh! You read that thing. The dieting regime was sort of uncalled for. With pressure mounting from all the corners, I thought of giving it a try to see how far I can go with that regime. Even before I could start it, I have requests pouring in from my cousins to plan out for another breakfast thing next sunday, as most of them are coming to Hyderabad after a long time. So, here I see my DIET REGIME go for a toss
Old 10th November 2009, 12:40   #1166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
@ Mobike- i think i saw you at 4 seasons on Sunday evenining. was not sure if it was you... saw your car in the parking lot then i realised it was you.
Yup, that was me digging into some delicious Phuket Fish and Meat Biryani there.

Why didnt you stop and say hello?
Old 11th November 2009, 12:06   #1167
BHPian

Its been ages since I have been to a Veg Restaurant, hence planned a visit to Santosh Dhaba for Pure Veg Food. Loved their Butter Naan with Kaju Paneer. All the dishes ordered were laced with a few kilograms of Cashewnuts for sure, it was a treat fit for a King.

Anyone been to Santosh Dhaba offlate, either the one at Begum Bazaar or Abids, near Palace Heights hotel?
The taste seems to have changed a lot from my last visit, it has become better than earlier.
Old 11th November 2009, 13:23   #1168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Anyone been to Santosh Dhaba offlate, either the one at Begum Bazaar or Abids, near Palace Heights hotel?
The taste seems to have changed a lot from my last visit, it has become better than earlier.
I have been to Santosh Dhaba at all their outlets starting from their original at Feelkhana to Abids to Rd.12 B.Hills

I like their veg food but as you said,they use a lot of fatty ingredients to make their food tasty.

However, my mom hates this franchise and does not approve of their ambience either.

P.S: There are many such small dhabas in the city which serve similar type of food. Santosh got lucky and became famous
Old 11th November 2009, 14:55   #1169
BHPian

Just to rekindle those old memories, does any one remember the name of the Chinese Fast Food outlet, which was near Nagarjuna Circle? It was located exactly where the Mahindra Showroom is right now. A very bleak memory reminds me that is was something "Sidhartha Fastfoods" or something. This was way back in the early 90's.

I was a kid and we used to hop on to my Dad's Priya to go there to have Chinese Fried Rice. It was on the ground floor with an open front and parking before it. It had chairs and tables also placed on the outside in the open area, to enable people enjoy the food outside. With not much of traffic, it was a good place to have food.

Someone please tell me, you remember that place
Old 11th November 2009, 15:54   #1170
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, i dont know about that as Banjara Hills and beyond was hardly ventured out in late 90's. But, i do remember another popular chinese bandhi which used to be inside a mobile van at NTR Gardens.

If i am not wrong this mobile van was owned by Hitec Bar, Lower Tank Band fellow and he used to dish out some amazing chinese grub.

Also, this bandhi folks were notorious for information/coordination of " you know what" activities

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks