Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 08:58   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, as mentioned in a thread before, hosting a small party at home tonite for some family. I need to pick-up some snacks for the same.

Any suggestions for good NV snacks that are good and reasonably priced? I need to pick up at least 5-6 different ones.

Suggestion of a place on my route would be nice. From Hitec city to Himayathnagar!
Old 24th September 2008, 10:59   #122
Team-BHP Support

Very Good Mutton Haleem at Cafe 555.
Its located in Maheshwari complex, Masab Tank, Banjara Hills Rd #1.
Rs 55 a plate.
Old 24th September 2008, 12:00   #123
BHPian

well for a start u can pick up haleem from...heh heh...hyderabad Kabab corner (make sure u carry yr wallet).since the shop is called "kabab corner" maybe they'll have good kababs, chicken snacks etc. maybe u can sample some snack too while ordering haleem.

there is the Kritunga restaurant in punjagutta (used to be nr Kranti Shikara apts, but i heard it moved to somewhere nearby now) that has amazing spicy naatu-kodi snacks.

bade miyan kababs on tankbund rd

chicken/mutton starters from Mohini (Basheerbagh), Blue Fox, Narmada

oh boy...i am hungry :(
Old 24th September 2008, 12:40   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Last night, i went to a cocktail party at FMC. ...

Ofcourse, my choice was the Kala Kutta
You had Kala Kutta! But of course... for a moment I fainted thinking you said you had Kaala Khatta.

You are bilkul my type. Absolute khaadu. Egg Fuyong... you like that chinese omellette?

By the way what is FMC? Aise abbreviation use karega to ho chuka. I am sure I will know the place but I am just failing to grasp the full name from your great abbreviation.
Old 24th September 2008, 13:01   #125
BHPian

dont think it has been already mentioned, but anyways AL SABA CAFE,for this year gets the best "haleem in hyderabad" according to me.

i make it a point to eat haleem everyday in a different place everytime. so far tried 20-22 places and the one at al saba is very flavorful.

directions - If you are going towards SR Nagar from Chermas on Ameerpet road, as soon as you see HUDA Maitrivanam on your right, make the left right opposite to that building. The road bends to the left and right at that bent, on the right hand side you will find this cafe.

Nizam club haleem is also one of the best (no bones >*)
Old 24th September 2008, 13:13   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
By the way what is FMC? Aise abbreviation use karega to ho chuka. I am sure I will know the place but I am just failing to grasp the full name from your great abbreviation.
Film Nagar Club - low cost food and booze, if you know (or are) a member.
Old 24th September 2008, 13:57   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
well for a start u can pick up haleem from...heh heh...hyderabad Kabab corner (make sure u carry yr wallet).

chicken/mutton starters from Mohini (Basheerbagh), Blue Fox, Narmada

oh boy...i am hungry :(
Yeah, sure will make it a point to carry my wallet next time ( which will be tomorrow) as tonight is daru party at home.

How can i forget Mohini? Darn good place.

Btw, i had a biryani couple of days back at Narmada and didnt like it ( Rs.100-Mutton Biryani)

I am thinking of another Andhra place which is lane opp to shangbagh, basheerbagh, the name is not coming to my mind. Good snacks there too..I may go there this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
You had Kala Kutta! But of course... for a moment I fainted thinking you said you had Kaala Khatta.

You are bilkul my type. Absolute khaadu. Egg Fuyong... you like that chinese omellette?

yes sir, Abhi thak tho you know me well. I am a spoilt brat to the core!

FMC : Fateh Maiden Club. It is inside the Stadium at Basheerbagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
dont think it has been already mentioned, but anyways AL SABA CAFE,for this year gets the best "haleem in hyderabad" according to me.

i make it a point to eat haleem everyday in a different place everytime. so far tried 20-22 places and the one at al saba is very flavorful.

directions - If you are going towards SR Nagar from Chermas on Ameerpet road, as soon as you see HUDA Maitrivanam on your right, make the left right opposite to that building. The road bends to the left and right at that bent, on the right hand side you will find this cafe.

Nizam club haleem is also one of the best (no bones >*)
Dude, this is good news. If possible will check it out. I know the place too.

Quote:
Film Nagar Club - low cost food and booze, if you know (or are) a member.
Nope. The correct answer is above. Though been to the Film Nagar club ( Whisper Valley road) too. And, yes the food is nice there as well.
Old 24th September 2008, 14:23   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
are u talking abt the road going to yousufguda? is Al Saba the cafe opposite "State Home"? i thot they served only chicken haleem (harees).

Quote:
FMC : Fateh Maiden Club
Film Nagar Club is FNC...i forgot!

anyone tasted the awesome biryani at Nizam Club? one can never have enough of it!
Old 24th September 2008, 14:49   #129
BHPian

Quote:
are u talking abt the road going to yousufguda? is Al Saba the cafe opposite "State Home"? i thot they served only chicken haleem (harees).

Film Nagar Club is FNC...i forgot!

anyone tasted the awesome biryani at Nizam Club? one can never have enough of it!
Yes, the road going towards yousufguda. I am not exactly sure what "State Home" is but i am assuming your reffering to the government builing that comes on that road. Yes, that is the same road.

There are two joints there. The first one that appears to the right is AL SABA. If you keep going straight then by the next bend you get the Harees you're talking about.
Old 25th September 2008, 14:37   #130
BHPian

if you are interested in vegetarian rajasthani khana, you have to try out Sri Shyam Nivas in a bylane on MG Road.

its a small, low profile but very popular 'thali' place. the only item in the menu is the unlimited thali. the currys and daals vary daily. you can order unlimited rotis of four types (wheat, jowar, bajra, besan) and/or rice and ask for any number of servings of sidedishes (usually 1 daal, 1 dry vegetable, 1 vegetable in gravy, 1 gravy with mung/rajma/chole). apart from these, you also get a cup of sweet or plain curd (your choice). sweets are extra.

all this for 45/- only (i've been eating at this place since mid-80s when it was 10/-)!

the USP here is the wholesome "ghar ka khaana" feeling with minimum oil, masala and fuss.

the staff there take care of every diner and you have to literally plead with them to stop serving you one more roti or more curry.

the place itself is simple - plain decor and inverted thalis and katoris pre-set on wooden tables, along with cups of onions, lemon, chillies and a pickle. you just have to walk in and occupy any available chair.

its open for lunch and dinner, mon to sat and on sundays its only lunch. btw, on sunday there are no rotis but poories instead. aamras is served in season.

direction:

if proceeding from Paradise on MG road, you have to cross Gandhi Statue and Ramgopalpet Police Stn. take the 2nd left turn after the police stn and cross the Jain temple in that street. the restaurant is located in the corner of first left turn after the temple. its on the first floor.

since the area is congested, car parking is an issue - you might have to park the car elsewhere (Gandhi Statue, etc) and hoof it.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:18   #131

Sri Shyam Nivas-lovely place indeed...and u do indeed have to literally plead them to stop feeding you!..And just bang opposite this place is a small restaurant called Santosh Dhabha...sinfully oily food..very spicy...but quite tasty!
Cheers.
Old 25th September 2008, 18:01   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice, should visit that small veggie place. But, i doubt since no car parking. So maybe during one of my rare bike trip

If thali's is the discussion of today, i have a contribution too :

Hotel Punjab

Location : If your in Abids, cross santosh theatre and take the left lane which is the erstwhile surya theatre lane and keep going towards ramkot crossroads. Before this crossroads, on the left you will find this small hotel.

Their Thali is absolutely wonderful, the dishes are just like home-made and sinfully tasty. It is run by a old sardar gentleman and i want to go ask him what profit he makes by serving such lovely food at such down to earth prices

Regular Thali : Rs.50
Special Thali : Rs.70 ( Addition of ice cream, Paneer curry etc)

Their dal makhani and curries which change daily are absolutely delectable.

, Looks like only a couple of us like me and ctrlaltdel wants to contribute to make entire hyderabad folks dining experience wonderful. Nobody wants us to have the same enjoyment

In short, Hydie guys, need more contribution from you all.

As a matter of fact, some out of hyd guys have been wonderfully contributing to this thread.

Tomorrow, i will share the feedback on the snacks that i picked-up from "Sri Kanya" for the party that i had last evening at home. Since family friends were telugu, picked up from an andhra joint.

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th September 2008 at 18:05.
Old 25th September 2008, 20:16   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Nice, should visit that small veggie place. But, i doubt since no car parking. So maybe during one of my rare bike trip
u can park yr car nr Gandhi statue...just a few minutes walk from there.
Quote:
Hotel Punjab
i have noticed that place many times...will have to pay a visit soon.

on the subject of thalis at abids, i absolutely recommend the Gujrati bhojanalay near the gate of Pragati College (Hanuman vyayamshala - royal theater rd, sultan bazaar)..yummy gujju thali!

Quote:
Looks like only a couple of us like me and ctrlaltdel wants to contribute to make entire hyderabad folks dining experience wonderful. Nobody wants us to have the same enjoyment
cheers: hahaha! not everyone is a foodie! i can go on for hours on this subject!
Old 25th September 2008, 22:27   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
u can park yr car nr Gandhi statue...just a few minutes walk from there. i have noticed that place many times...will have to pay a visit soon.

on the subject of thalis at abids, i absolutely recommend the Gujrati bhojanalay near the gate of Pragati College (Hanuman vyayamshala - royal theater rd, sultan bazaar)..yummy gujju thali!

cheers: hahaha! not everyone is a foodie! i can go on for hours on this subject!
Me too, i am also a foodie to the core. I am angry with god for one reason, why is eating good food related to putting on weight?

Dude, I used to live a few hundred meters from Pragati most of my life, so i know what your talking about. However, Gujju food does not suit me as it is too bland for my palate
Old 25th September 2008, 23:39   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Me too, i am also a foodie to the core. I am angry with god for one reason, why is eating good food related to putting on weight?

Thats why this Guj thali place, they chose to put it next to Hanuman Vyayamshala. so that you burn what you eat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks