Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 13:55   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
It's AROMAS, my personal favourite.
Thanks, thats the one

Tadka, Ohri's Banjara, Road No. 12

Been here last week and the experience has been so-so. We went there upon my mom's insistence that its been long that we ate there.

What we ordered:

3 Banjara Sunsets ( Mocktails) : Rs.480

1 Veg Snack, dont remember the name, it was quite nice, only grilled veggies ; Rs.180

1 Bread Basket ( 5 different type of rotis) : Rs. 180

1. Paneer ??? ( Curry) : Rs. 180

1. Mutton Biryani : Rs.225

Total : Rs.1245 + Taxes for 3 people

I liked the mocktails, Veggie snack and the Paneer curry was delicious as it was fresh and absolutely juicy.

And, i hated the biryani as it was that typical buffet biryani ( i dont like them as the mass approach is quite evident), absolute waste of money
Old 22nd October 2008, 09:42   #182

Not sure if there was any mentioning about " Minerva Grand" at Secunderabad.(Its the one adjacent to Manju Theatre)

Food: Very diverse looking menu. Thai soups and curries are the highlights. You have other Indian,Chinese and Italian cuisine as well. Been there more than a few times and the consistency in terms of taste is pretty good.My rating 4/5.

Ambience : Great looking interiors, modernly european with leather sofas and chairs. Dim lights,coloured glasses and candle lit table makes it a desired location if you are on a date. In all good ambeince ,but not the best when compared to few other in the city.My rating 3.5/5

Alcohol : Good choice of wine and spirits. Tad too expensive but they have everything you ask for.(Well almost).My rating 3.75/5

Conclusion :- Good restaurant ,good food,ideal hang out with friends or family. Even thought they have a smoking area,its not very isolated and non smokers can feel the wrath.I would suggest it as a good value for money ,particularly when you are up for a cocktail dinner.

Avg bill for two people (Over the last 5 times with alcohol,starters,main
course and desserts): Rs:2100.

On any given day ,provided god has been merciful about the traffic, my another favourite hangout is "Indijoes" at City centre mall,Hyderabad.

Food: Very Americanised menu.Lot of mexican and spanish items . You can find very little of asian cusinie(Only Thai,not even roti or curry).For american tongues you can find a collection of steaks,sizzlers and burgers. In all a GREAT collection on the menu and lovely food. If you want to have something different and tasty( and not calorie conscious) and ideal palce to visit. My rating 4.25/5.

Ambience : Dark Interiors. Sofas on the side are shorter in comparison with the table height which makes it difficult even if you are in the average height zone. So please prefer the chairs. Live music is good.But in all,another regular & decent looking interiors with nothing to be excited about.My rating 3.25/5

Alcohol : Great choice of whiskies(Tennesse and scotch). Heaven for wine lovers with choice of bordeaux and Chardonnay.My ideal place when I am up for a good alco session with my friends.My rating 4.5/5

Conclusion : A great bar and grill in Hyderabad,but on the expensive side. Not a place when you take mum and dad along for dinner as they may find the menu utter nonsense.But if you are kind of person who has a taste for varieties and looking for something really american, a great choice no doubt. You will love it.

Avg bill for two people (Over the last 5 times with alcohol(Scotch or JD),main course and desserts): Rs: 2800

Hope these reviews fill some hungry tummies..!!
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:08   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_tv View Post
Not sure if there was any mentioning about " Minerva Grand" at Secunderabad.(Its the one adjacent to Manju Theatre)

Food: Very diverse looking menu. Thai soups and curries are the highlights. You have other Indian,Chinese and Italian cuisine as well. but not the best when compared to few other in the city.My rating 3.5/5

Conclusion :- Good restaurant ,good food,ideal hang out with friends or family. Even thought they have a smoking area,its not very isolated and non smokers can feel the wrath.
krish_tv: I was there for lunch yesterday too but do not recollect seeing Italian in the menu, Yes they do have Continental though, maybe your referring to that?

Non-smokers do not have to worry now, for Smoking is Banned throughout the premises. For smokers, they have a very narrow room with a couple of Ashtrays and a few chairs strewn around for seating, and yes whoever needs to have a smoke would have to walk away from his/her table to that room.
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:34   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

@Krish, i agree with you on Minerva Grand, been there on quite a few family functions and a couple of times for dinner and i found the food quite decent.

Regarding Indijoes, your description seems quite enticing and i have never been there before, so i reckon it is time to visit 'em soon

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd October 2008 at 16:36.
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:41   #185
BHPian

i am excited about the restaurants coming up in that new mall opposite LV Prasad Eye Hospital. this mall and some of the restaurants are opening up next week on Diwali!

A Cinemax multiplex is also coming up here though I dont know when that would open.

Some of the restaurants in this mall are TGI Friday, Ebiru (or Esiru - japanese?), Pzza corner, a coffee shop etc.
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:56   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
i am excited about the restaurants coming up in that new mall opposite LV Prasad Eye Hospital. this mall and some of the restaurants are opening up next week on Diwali!

A Cinemax multiplex is also coming up here though I dont know when that would open.

Some of the restaurants in this mall are TGI Friday, Ebiru (or Esiru - japanese?), Pzza corner, a coffee shop etc.
Dude, you seem to be like me. Except that apart from food only other time i used to get excited was when i get myself a new girlfriend

Oh boy, you forgot the mother of all restuarants, Kebab Factory ( opening shortly in Hyderabad). I had their kebabs in Delhi a few years ago and it is something like Rs.575 or 600 bucks/head and eat all you want kebabs.

And, mind you their kebabs are absolutely different,heavenly,melting in the mouth types.
Old 24th October 2008, 12:43   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night, a few of us team-bhpian's went to "Mandar" in the 4 Seasons complex in Tolichowki and we ordered between us 2 Chicken Biryanis and Veg Fried Rice along with Thumbs-up.

As we already had a bit too much to drink along with some unique starters ( a separate thread of that coming up tomorrow in the meet section)

After a long time, i enjoyed the chicken biryani so much, perfectly blended masalas and chicken was tender like the inside of a coconut and the mirchi ka salan was heavenly though a bit watery for my taste.

I think i liked this biryani better than 4 Seasons.

4/5
Old 31st October 2008, 14:16   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night had dinner in Reshmi's ( Opp to Nanking, Sec'bad).

Veg Bullets and Cheese Corn Balls were simply superb. Bullets were a bit spicy but damn good. Priced at Rs.95/each and had fresh lime soda along with snacks

In main course, had Smoked Paneer and Gobi Parathas, Kulcha and Rotis

Finally, wrapped up the meal with their popular Kheema Biryani. Whew, by then the tummy was bursting and pocket was lighter by Rs.700
Old 7th November 2008, 21:27   #189
BHPian

today lunched at the TGI Fridays restaurant at the new mall opposite LV Prasads Eye hospital.

great tex-Mex and American grub, tho slightly expensive.

the gora in my group was thrilled to tears to see pork ribs on the menu and gorged on it

btw, only TGIF and KFC is open in this mall as of now. a food court and 2-3 more restaurants (incl a Japanese) are coming up, and of course the Cinemax multiplex.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:59   #190
BHPian

For all you lovers of Chettinad style food. "Anjappar" of Chennai, is in town. Even though they are not fully opened yet, as in the ground floor is yet to begin operations. The first and second floor are operational and the taste is just the same as you get in Chennai.

They are near Model house Punjagutta, adjacent to "Hotel Kritunga". I have already visited them twice with family, once for Lunch and once for dinner.
Old 10th November 2008, 13:30   #191
BHPian

Had been to "Dine Hill" @ the Banjara Hills (On the road which comes from Masab tank into the banjara hills, around 100 mtrs on the left hand side, sorry I do not know the road number). The grill chicken was too good. This is a new restaurant (they have their original hotel few meters further on the second left turn). You have to be there before 9 pm to have this grilled chicken else, you won't get any. There are some Arabic items in the menu. There was this sunday special item (can't recall the name). I was told that it is some arabic "mutton biriyani" priced at Rs.200 but, unfortunately it was finished by the time we were there. Anyways, since we opted for full grilled chicken with rumali rotis, it was already too much and we were in no mood to have any more food! The bill for two of us came to mere 300 bucks and it is worth the money! Pls note that they do not accept any cards.
Old 10th November 2008, 14:06   #192
BHPian

Went to Great Kebab Factory (above VLCC Banjara Hills) on Saturday - the kebabs & food were great - but the service was quite inconsistant. Their formula is a sit down buffet - where they serve you all the courses from the buffet. So, individual servers were pretty good - the transition between courses was positively poor - we had to struggle to get ourselves a complete meal! :-) . This was probably because they were inequipped to deal with a packed restaurant.
Chattees on the other hand, at Jubilee Hills has mastered this a bit by serving the starters/kebabs as a sit down buffet and the rest as a regular help yourself buffet
Old 10th November 2008, 22:53   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
For all you lovers of Chettinad style food. "Anjappar" of Chennai, is in town. Even though they are not fully opened yet, as in the ground floor is yet to begin operations. The first and second floor are operational and the taste is just the same as you get in Chennai.

They are near Model house Punjagutta, adjacent to "Hotel Kritunga". I have already visited them twice with family, once for Lunch and once for dinner.
Can you list out some dish names and their approximate pricing? It would really help in not ordering the wrong items whenever i decide to go there

Quote:
Originally Posted by amip View Post
Went to Great Kebab Factory (above VLCC Banjara Hills) on Saturday - the kebabs & food were great - but the service was quite inconsistant. Their formula is a sit down buffet - where they serve you all the courses from the buffet. So, individual servers were pretty good - the transition between courses was positively poor - we had to struggle to get ourselves a complete meal! :-) . This was probably because they were inequipped to deal with a packed restaurant.
Chattees on the other hand, at Jubilee Hills has mastered this a bit by serving the starters/kebabs as a sit down buffet and the rest as a regular help yourself buffet
Wow, waiting for this one. I drove recently in front of the restuarant and promised myself that i need to go there pretty soon.

Need some feedback on the quality of the kebabs ( Northie style, lucknowie style etc) and are they succelent enough etc

Also, did they price like they do in Delhi? 600 bucks per head and eat as much as you can types?
Old 11th November 2008, 11:09   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Can you list out some dish names and their approximate pricing? It would really help in not ordering the wrong items whenever i decide to go there
AVi, I hope the following link would help:

anjappar.com - Authentic Chettinaad Restaurant

Ok, I am sure though, that you might need a few pointers on this menu, for some of the items are in their tamil names. For eg., knowing that you don't eat any of the so called spares , Thalai Curry on the MUtton items sub heading directly translates to Brain curry, I know you would definitely want to avoid it.

I would definitely recommend the Mutton Bone soup, if you like your Soup Hot and spicey, especially if you have a cold, or wanna clean up you nasal passageways, naturally.

The link to the menu given above does not contain half of what they offer in the evenings like Idlies, Dosas (I like their Kheema Dosa), Their variety of Parottas (Do try the Ceylon Kheema Parotta) and other stuff. Appams and Iddiyappams (my favourites) would be on the menu from teh 24th onwards or so, when they go full fledged. BTW, for the uninitiated Idiyappam, is the Tamil/Mallu name for String hoppers.

Do tell me if any more info is needed. Word of caution is the fare could be quite hot and spicy, but give it a try if you don't mind spicy stuff. Of course you do have the bland fare, if you ask for it they would suggest you the same, but all in all a palate stirring experience (literally).
Old 11th November 2008, 11:43   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, waiting for this one. I drove recently in front of the restuarant and promised myself that i need to go there pretty soon.

Need some feedback on the quality of the kebabs ( Northie style, lucknowie style etc) and are they succelent enough etc

Also, did they price like they do in Delhi? 600 bucks per head and eat as much as you can types?
Kebabs were good - not as good as in Lucknow (slightly jaundiced view since I'm from Lucknow) The gilawati were the best according to me - quite good. Yes - it was 600 bucks per head & "eat as much as you can" if you can catch the waiter! LOL

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks