Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 12:28   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Rajesh, you drove all the way to Panjagutta for lunch today?. On a different note, good to see current state of affairs ain't affecting you.

We must continue doing this good work for the benefit of others and more importantly for our city's economy
Lol.. nahi sir ,went in a friend's car ,as my car is in crises already( the fuel is bare minimum,only enough to commute to office)..

Somehow always have the optimistic approach towards life ,so leading life as it's Business as usual..

On a funny note got this rishta for shaadi from punjab a week back ,yesterday night they backed off (courtesy the current affairs ,guess they took narayan murthy's statement seriously) will start publishing my 'non cooked' character certificate for future proposals...

Going to suryalanka tonite as well

@ Amip:- I agree with you on the language barrier at anjappar ,but the sign language worked for me,showed them the menu (which was in english) and they got the right stuff..

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 9th January 2009 at 12:38.
Old 10th January 2009, 23:44   #332
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post

another thing: is there a vegetarian andhra restaurant in hyderabad? my mom loves andhra food but wont go to any restaurant that serves non-veg food. all the famous andhra restaurants in hydbad i have seen or heard of serve non-veg.
Have you tried this restaurent called Abhiruchi on S.D. road near Paradise.

I had been there a couple of times, though not recently and they do serve you authentic pure veg andhra food. Just google 'Abhiruchi Secunderabad' and you will be finding more info.

Regards
PVS
Old 11th January 2009, 22:51   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Have you tried this restaurent called Abhiruchi on S.D. road near Paradise.

I had been there a couple of times, though not recently and they do serve you authentic pure veg andhra food. Just google 'Abhiruchi Secunderabad' and you will be finding more info.

Regards
PVS
its not a veg restaurant tho'. the thali is veg (as in most andhra restaurants) but we can order non-veg currys along with the thali.
Old 12th January 2009, 11:20   #334
BHPian

looking for an insight on how the new Kebab Factory near VLCC in Banjara Hills is doing, and how good their food is in comparison to other Kebab places in Banjara Hills/Jubilee Hills/Punjagutta area; i.e. BBQ nation

was planing on going there for Sunday (yesterday) dinner with 15 people, but didn't feel like taking a chance.
Old 12th January 2009, 13:13   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
looking for an insight on how the new Kebab Factory near VLCC in Banjara Hills is doing, and how good their food is in comparison to other Kebab places in Banjara Hills/Jubilee Hills/Punjagutta area; i.e. BBQ nation

was planing on going there for Sunday (yesterday) dinner with 15 people, but didn't feel like taking a chance.
So where did you go finally for dinner?
Old 12th January 2009, 13:32   #336
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, where exactly is Anjappar located in Punjagutta?
I don't want to go to Punjagutta and search for Anjappar in the mad traffic which is Synonymous of the place!
Old 12th January 2009, 14:14   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Pardon my ignorance, where exactly is Anjappar located in Punjagutta?
I don't want to go to Punjagutta and search for Anjappar in the mad traffic which is Synonymous of the place!
It is Model House lane which is diaognally apposite to Shanbagh hotel. Ask for model house lane, its very popular.
Old 12th January 2009, 19:47   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post

havent been there yet, but i expect it to bee good since it is present in many cities and has a good name.
Old 16th January 2009, 09:11   #339
BHPian

Quote:
So where did you go finally for dinner?
ended up going to BBQ Nation.

I can't stand that place anymore because of their lack of air circulation. Although the food is amazing and the concept of keeping kebabs warm at your table is brilliant, I just can't sit there for more than half an hour without having a stroke considering how much black smoke just sits inside the restaurant (at least during peak hours).

KFC/Rhapsody(sp?)/TGIF

KFC - so glad they have hired people with disabilites.
I was there in line and was about to order only to realize later that the people taking the order were deaf and mute. So we had to point to what we wanted; nonetheless, it was really hassesl free. I felt like it was more quicker and clearer than talking to the people in most international fast food chains in india.

Rhapsody - That Japanese place is disgusting. No offence, but i just did not like 2 outta the 3 things they make. lulz

TGIF - It could have been a lot better, but by the time i went there (it was still new) the staff was relatively more orthodox than to my liking, and it showed easily that they were not adequately trained. Same goes to the people in the kitchen. I felt my Jack Daniels Burger could have been alot better if they were given instnsive training before opening for public.
Old 21st January 2009, 23:32   #340
BHPian

a few days ago I ate at the Raphsody food court at the new Cinemax mall in Banjara hills.

They have 5 outlets facing a large open seating area: 1 north indian, 1 south indian, 1 chaat/juice, 1 mexican and 1 Japanese. since I was not that hungry I only had Bhel Puri but next time I want to try the Japanese joint during lunch.

The Bhel puri (35/-) was strictly ok. the puffed rice was not that crisp and lost of hard chana dal pieces hurt my jaw while chewing them. my friends ordered stuff like Parathas, Dosas, Tacos etc and were quite satisfied.

we have to pay first at the common cash counter and those guys give a "debit" card for minimum 100/- (maximum no limits) credited to it. the guys at the food counter swipe the card and the amount for the food is deducted from it. we can use the remainder of the amount in the card anytime within a year or alternatively return it at the cash counter and get the change.

its a good place for a quick bite and tho i did not find the bhel great general feedback is that the food is good.
Old 22nd January 2009, 13:41   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

I am planning to go out for dinner tonight? Any suggestions for a good ambience and awesome food? I was thinking of :

Zafraan Exotica
Sahib Sind Sultan

Any other recommendations are most welcome
Old 22nd January 2009, 16:56   #342
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to go out for dinner tonight? Any suggestions for a good ambience and awesome food? I was thinking of :

Zafraan Exotica
Sahib Sind Sultan

Any other recommendations are most welcome
i believe you have been to the above earlier on..(infact you have been to all eating joints in hyd) so try some new place..

off the hat ,have you eaten @ 36 chattees on road number 36 (jubilee hills)..(behind the new food bazaar and pantaloons)?if not try that!
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:05   #343
BHPian

+1 to chhattees. U can also try Nirvana at the Lumbini mall. Very nice ambience.
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:13   #344
BHPian

Chatees is good. I also heard "Irani Chai" (opp Spicy Venue, Rd#10) is good, though I havent been there yet.
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:09   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm...Chatees sounds good. So can anyone provide Chatees reasons to go there?

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd January 2009 at 19:10.

Most Viewed