Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2009, 15:06   #406
BHPian

Went to Alankrita last night with a couple of friends. There was some engagement ceremony taking place, so that most of the place was decked up with a lot of lights and colours. Good sight it was.

We ordered a few drinks and "Veg sheek kabab" and "Murgh Mulayam kabab". Sheek kabab was good but the Murgh Mulayam kabab was little undercooked. I agree with Mobike that the overall quality/taste quotient of Alankrita is on a steady decline. But the ambience more than makes up for that. I especially like the open air multi-cuisine restaurant named "Prakruta".

BTW, on Saturday I had been to Viceroy Dhaba in Thoomukunta (just before Alankrita) on Shameerpet road. Viceroy is perhaps the most well-maintained dhaba on that road.
Old 9th February 2009, 16:24   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Thanks for the pointers. I found the place ok. The starters were good. For 395(with taxes) unlimited food with unlimited tiger beer is a good offering i must say. However stayed away from Tiger as had to return to office for work!!
Srikanth, that's unfair, how about a little more details in terms of ambience, what type of kebabs were served? How was the main course? Biryani etc?
I hope this will let you feel the pinch of typing as much as we do.

@Venu, Khaddu ki Kheer is available in most popular Biryani joints. Or Best try gatecrashing into a "Valima" for some awesome food and khadu ki kheer..LOL

Last edited by mobike008 : 9th February 2009 at 16:26.
Old 10th February 2009, 12:22   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Bawarchi Biryani !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
Went to Alankrita last night with a couple of friends. There was some engagement ceremony taking place, so that most of the place was decked up with a lot of lights and colours. Good sight it was.

We ordered a few drinks and "Veg sheek kabab" and "Murgh Mulayam kabab". Sheek kabab was good but the Murgh Mulayam kabab was little undercooked. I agree with Mobike that the overall quality/taste quotient of Alankrita is on a steady decline. But the ambience more than makes up for that. I especially like the open air multi-cuisine restaurant named "Prakruta".
Nag, i have stopped going to Alankrita for dinners since it disappointed in more than a couple of occasions and i thought it is not worth that 52km drive from home and back.

As i was home alone last night, grabbed a couple of quick beers with a friend and had to close it early including dinner had a call in the night. So, went to Bawarchi at RTC Crossroads.

We both had Chicken Biryani, Soft Drinks and Khubani Ka Meetha...Let me tell you Bawarchi's biryani has improved by leaps and bounds and is worth having it. Do try it out sometime.
Old 10th February 2009, 13:15   #409
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Avi for the Khaddu stuff. BTW, I know it is time for lunch----now that I see a post from you on this thread!
Old 10th February 2009, 14:33   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks Avi for the Khaddu stuff. BTW, I know it is time for lunch----now that I see a post from you on this thread!
Haha! Now this is getting to be embarrasing

I will time my post on this thread next time onwards so as to not make you/others hungry....you have my word
Old 10th February 2009, 16:46   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
...Let me tell you Bawarchi's biryani has improved by leaps and bounds and is worth having it. Do try it out sometime.
That's a news to me. I ate at Bawarchi a couple of times before 2006, but found the Biryani just OKayish. My favourite biryani joint at RTC X Roads is "New Estoria".

BTW, there is this budget hotel called "Pride of Hyderabad" that came up at Tirumalgiri junction almost 1 year ago. They have a multi-cuisine restaurant that serves good Hyderabadi cuisine. They also serve mutton Haleem through out the year. Try it out.
Old 10th February 2009, 17:31   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's a news to me. I ate at Bawarchi a couple of times before 2006, but found the Biryani just OKayish. My favourite biryani joint at RTC X Roads is "New Estoria".

BTW, there is this budget hotel called "Pride of Hyderabad" that came up at Tirumalgiri junction almost 1 year ago. They have a multi-cuisine restaurant that serves good Hyderabadi cuisine. They also serve mutton Haleem through out the year. Try it out.
Thats what i called sharing. I give one address, you give me back another

Btw, i love Astoria too ( its an A and not E) and i go there regularly but, i am going to Bawarchi after a long time and was pleasantly surprised. Btw, note the time i went was decent..around 9pm

Will try out Pride of Hyderabad...Where exactly in Tirumulgherry? any landmarks?
Old 11th February 2009, 12:20   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

I am back to torment people just before lunch time ( btw, i am a late lunch eater). So, i dont really think now is even close to lunch time.

Last night, picked up dinner from a small outlet at Gandhinagar, very close to Indira Park at lower tank bund called "Rasoi" and they make some heavenly Chicken Majestic (Rs.90) and Pepper Chicken (Rs.100)

And, these snacks were polished off with some Special Boneless chicken Biryani (Rs.110) which was at my friend's behest made with double masala.

It was quite delicious and worth a try if take-away is the norm of that day!
Old 11th February 2009, 12:37   #414
BHPian

Quote:
I am back to torment people just before lunch time
plan to go to y2k to have lunch ,its been ages i ate there and i just love the rotis ,they are so huge and soft ,feels as if you having them in kabul
Old 11th February 2009, 12:43   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw, i love Astoria too ( its an A and not E) and i go there regularly but, i am going to Bawarchi after a long time and was pleasantly surprised. Btw, note the time i went was decent..around 9pm
Any affiliation with Waldorf Astoria?
Old 11th February 2009, 13:34   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
plan to go to y2k to have lunch
Its been ages been to Y2K. Their haleem is also pretty good. In my previous company, my Italian boss used to love haleem from there. Now, due to that flyover fiasco and no parking space, its virtually impossible to go to this joint.

Btw, are you parking your car at Raheja Mindspace and walking over to Y2K?

I admire your almost daily luncheon trips, and in evening you sweat it out in Latitudes. Where is the balance weighing more..i am sure at luncheons...Before eating those huge soft rotis think of Rs.166/Day cost of working out...hehehe

Waiting for the review!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Any affiliation with Waldorf Astoria?
As Rajesh puts it, it's the garib rath of Waldorf Astoria...LOL
Old 11th February 2009, 13:39   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Will try out Pride of Hyderabad...Where exactly in Tirumulgherry? any landmarks?
Pride of Hyderabad is bang opposite "Biryani Durbar" in Tirumulgherry.

Talking of "boneless chicken biryani", did you try the one at Hotel Anupama? They have branches at Ameerpet, SR Nagar and KPHB, and opened a new branch at ECIL X Roads too. Their fish biryani too is awesome. The pricing at Hotel Anupama is a little steep though at Rs. 120-145 for a range of biryanis.

BTW, some time ago I posed a query on outlets that serve Andhra Style biryani (Guntur or Nellore), to which there was no response so far. I am counting on you to name at least one.
Old 11th February 2009, 14:33   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pride of Hyderabad is bang opposite "Biryani Durbar" in Tirumulgherry.

Talking of "boneless chicken biryani", did you try the one at Hotel Anupama? They have branches at Ameerpet, SR Nagar and KPHB, and opened a new branch at ECIL X Roads too. Their fish biryani too is awesome. The pricing at Hotel Anupama is a little steep though at Rs. 120-145 for a range of biryanis.

BTW, some time ago I posed a query on outlets that serve Andhra Style biryani (Guntur or Nellore), to which there was no response so far. I am counting on you to name at least one.
Oh, i didnt respond to your query on a good place for Andhra type biryani. Try this place which is exactly adjacent to Hotel Anjappar in Model House lane in Panjagutta. Forgot the name of the place, it's real authentic andhra style biryani ( though it does not suit my palate) is vouched by some of my Andhra friends who love it.

There is also a small take-away outlet in Hyderguda, diagonally opposite to Haiking. This guy also makes authentic Andhra style specialities including the biryani.

Never been to Anupama as the places where they are located is out of bounds. Will give it a try if i am in any of those areas.

Btw, Nosfreak mentioned in this thread that Biryani Durbar serves the best biryani in town. I never tried there though..Have you?
Old 11th February 2009, 16:18   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Its been ages been to Y2K. Their haleem is also pretty good. In my previous company, my Italian boss used to love haleem from there. Now, due to that flyover fiasco and no parking space, its virtually impossible to go to this joint.

Btw, are you parking your car at Raheja Mindspace and walking over to Y2K?

I admire your almost daily luncheon trips, and in evening you sweat it out in Latitudes. Where is the balance weighing more..i am sure at luncheons...Before eating those huge soft rotis think of Rs.166/Day cost of working out...hehehe

Waiting for the review!!

hehehe ,coincidently the bill was 165 today at y2k..lol

ok so we had the famous soft rotis (jumbo size) ,i mean come to think oof it those are total paisa vasool ,i have not had such nice rotis even at places like sahib sindh sultan.

there was butter chicken ( ok ok) ,though i wanted the kurma chicken curry but those were not there.

we guys parked on the basement on hyd central and crossed over(so that saved me from walking from raheja mindpace)

for people who have not been there ,ambience is sad but food (rotis in particular)

ouch ,have to run the extra mile today evening again..
Old 11th February 2009, 18:17   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Btw, Nosfreak mentioned in this thread that Biryani Durbar serves the best biryani in town. I never tried there though..Have you?
Tried Biryani Durbar a few times, but it was way below my expectation. The Biryani is too oily and somewhat undercooked for my taste.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks