Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2009, 14:27   #616
BHPian

[quote=mobike008;1342441]Where is the exact location of these joints in Madhapur?
[quote]

wontons -gachibowli (premises on top of domino's )
shanghai chef- (premises on top of big c mobile showroom next to hyderabad house)

although my favourite joints for chinese have always been aromas of china and mainland china.

p.s:- if you like momo's ,there is this place called pumpkins in madhapur ,for inr 40 (10 pieces of steamed chicken momo's)

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 11th June 2009 at 14:30.
Old 11th June 2009, 14:53   #617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

wontons -gachibowli (premises on top of domino's )
shanghai chef- (premises on top of big c mobile showroom next to hyderabad house)

although my favourite joints for chinese have always been aromas of china and mainland china.

p.s:- if you like momo's ,there is this place called pumpkins in madhapur ,for inr 40 (10 pieces of steamed chicken momo's)
Now where is this Aromas of China? And, why didnt you tell me about Pumpkins? We could have had a Momo meet long time ago
Old 11th June 2009, 15:04   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Now where is this Aromas of China? And, why didnt you tell me about Pumpkins? We could have had a Momo meet long time ago
aromas is the one next to firangi paani / sahib sindh sultan in citi centre mall.

momo meet is good. the thing is they are only available in the evening ,so incase you want to pick up some before you go home do that
Old 11th June 2009, 15:18   #619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
aromas is the one next to firangi paani / sahib sindh sultan in citi centre mall.

momo meet is good. the thing is they are only available in the evening ,so incase you want to pick up some before you go home do that
Every restuarant of BJN group is good. Should try out Aromas of China soon.

Location of Pumpkin please, if possible pick it up on way home today
Old 11th June 2009, 15:46   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Location of Pumpkin please, if possible pick it up on way home today
once you cross nike showroom (on your left) you'll see cafe nandini ,the lane next to it .if you still cant find it udhar jor se momooooooo's shout karna ,some guy will trace you.lol

not sure if you've had momo's before ,but ask for that special sauce else its gonna taste like idli to you

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 11th June 2009 at 15:47.
Old 11th June 2009, 16:09   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Can you list out dishes that you found good? Also, some pricing details would be helpful for others on the thread.
Last time I had dinner there was some two months back. So don’t remember the exact menu, Sorry! Rough Pricing:

Soups - 70-90
Starters - 140 onwards
Rice items - 140 onwards
Old 11th June 2009, 18:49   #622
BHPian

Pumpkins Momos

Quote:
once you cross nike showroom (on your left) you'll see cafe nandini ,the lane next to it .if you still cant find it udhar jor se momooooooo's shout karna ,some guy will trace you.lol

not sure if you've had momo's before ,but ask for that special sauce else its gonna taste like idli to you
Look for Chalapathi travels and take the immediate left.The shop is 75m inside the lane onto your right hand side.
Old 12th June 2009, 09:25   #623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, i had it several times in KOL and DEL and also in Mainland China but, i am not a huge fan of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Look for Chalapathi travels and take the immediate left.The shop is 75m inside the lane onto your right hand side.
Thanks mate, will pick up a parcel on the way home soon
Old 12th June 2009, 10:17   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, i had it several times in KOL and DEL and also in Mainland China but, i am not a huge fan of it.

Thanks mate, will pick up a parcel on the way home soon
Do I see a membership to Latitudes on the way (maybe a gift from Neera on 23rd )
Old 12th June 2009, 10:28   #625
BHPian

Utsav-Secunderabad disappoints

Went to Utsav with family last Saturday for its weekend buffet. Tried that 1.5 years ago and liked the food and the pricing (Rs. 149). But it was big disappointment this time.

The service was decent as usual, the waiting time is approx. 30 min's as usual, but am not impressed with the variety or the taste of the food items. And the pricing is now Rs. 299

I was never quite impressed with the food quality & taste at Utsav even when I ordered a la carte, but the ambience and the service almost make up for it. But going by my latest experience I doubt whether a la carte would be any different in terms of food quality and the pricing.

P.S: There was B'day party going on in a corner, and because it was not in a separate enclosure, the noise from the partying crowd was another sore point.

Last edited by nagvasireddy : 12th June 2009 at 10:38.
Old 12th June 2009, 11:38   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
Went to Utsav with family last Saturday for its weekend buffet. Tried that 1.5 years ago and liked the food and the pricing (Rs. 149). But it was big disappointment this time.....
I went there for the first time on Monday, a couple of days after you, for lunch and went to the buffet too. A colleague who took me there told me the place was a landmark and promised me the food would be excellent. Like you, I was disappointed. There was nothing bad, but everything was quite ordinary.
Old 12th June 2009, 12:07   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
I went there for the first time on Monday, a couple of days after you, for lunch and went to the buffet too. A colleague who took me there told me the place was a landmark and promised me the food would be excellent. Like you, I was disappointed. There was nothing bad, but everything was quite ordinary.
Actually I liked it better than Chutneys buffet. Chutneys buffet was quite ordinary. They can add a few more traditional items to live up to their authentic andhra vegetarian image. That was a bigger disappointment for me
Old 12th June 2009, 12:37   #628
BHPian

Andhra food for me means a Visit to Amravathi Madhapur for their lunch Thali. 80/- bucks a plate and worth every paisa of it. Everything else (veg) is a wastage of money/time. They are closed for renovation now.
Old 12th June 2009, 13:36   #629
Senior - BHPian

Went to Indijoe's a few days back. They have started serving meat. Was good.
Old 12th June 2009, 13:50   #630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Do I see a membership to Latitudes on the way (maybe a gift from Neera on 23rd )
Woaa, you know how much i hate working out. The only working out i like is one hand holding a soft drink and another grabbing a snack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
Went to Utsav with family last Saturday for its weekend buffet. Tried that 1.5 years ago and liked the food and the pricing (Rs. 149). But it was big disappointment this time.

The service was decent as usual, the waiting time is approx. 30 min's as usual, but am not impressed with the variety or the taste of the food items. And the pricing is now Rs. 299

I was never quite impressed with the food quality & taste at Utsav even when I ordered a la carte, but the ambience and the service almost make up for it. But going by my latest experience I doubt whether a la carte would be any different in terms of food quality and the pricing.

P.S: There was B'day party going on in a corner, and because it was not in a separate enclosure, the noise from the partying crowd was another sore point.
I used to frequent this place very often in the past since it was my mom's ( she is pure veggie) favorite place. But down the years, their quality has detoriated and their prices have hit the roof.

Btw, they were one of the first restuarants to introduce the ST concept and sometimes i used to be just to look at the tax component.

These days my mom likes Chillys ( Paradise and M.G Road Branches) and Methi ( Right next to KFC, M.G Road). Very good veggie food at economical prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Andhra food for me means a Visit to Amravathi Madhapur for their lunch Thali. 80/- bucks a plate and worth every paisa of it. Everything else (veg) is a wastage of money/time. They are closed for renovation now.
Been there a couple of times and always had ala carte, never liked it so much. Should try the thali one of these days when there is no work, post lunch..LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Went to Indijoe's a few days back. They have started serving meat. Was good.
Can you elaborate with some description of dishes, pricing etc.

Most Viewed