Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 15:47   #676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You know you're in hyderabad when you see people spending over thousands on entry charges and booze at clubs and eat Rs 100/- biryani at Y2K/Basher/Banjara Darbar before going home.
The reason is the food served for the Rs. 100 is much better than the hip-hop joints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post

a) Ragi Sankiti( Some kind of a rice item purple in colour which looks like a cannon ball ) with tomato curry

Food is amazing and super spicy..we guys had to order for extra tissues as the way we were sweating the place would have flooded

Not for the faint hearted specially nazim(pulsar56) ..
RR, I am not faint hearted LOL! (I like spicy food except that I tend to flood the place)
At the same time, I was sweating it out in my office Canteen with Chicken Biryani!

Ragi Sankiti = Made of Ragi. It's not a rice item!
You get similar item in Malgudi's too! Had tried it once at Lumbini Mall.

Last edited by pulsar56 : 19th June 2009 at 15:48.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:49   #677
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post

Ragi Sankiti = Made of Ragi. It's not a rice item! You get similar item in Malgudi's also!
and in Southern Spice, Banjara Hills.
I don't like it.

But I like Souther Spice. Good food, Decent Service and ok decor.
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:10   #678
BHPian

Hello All,

I just want to share a bad experience we had during our lunch party in Haveli, Kondapur. The occassion was to celebrate our friends engagement and we ordered a buffet. The Biryani served is salty to the core and when we complained it is attended to with an explanation that it is their mistake.So far so good. The moment we took to desserts, we found to our shock a dead fly in one of the items. When we alerted the staff, they simple apologized( as a matter of fact taking very light of the situation) and explained that these things bound to happen. THe manager there is simply trying to buy us by offering a 15% discount and was adamant when we asked him not to charge for the person who got a dead fly in his dessert. When we said that we will take this issue with our other friends who regularly dine, his response was " not a problem, we have our loyal customers".

We felt more bad about the attitude of the manager than the fly and left in a whiff paying the bill.I just want to bring to all your notice about the hotel as many s/w folks working in hi-tech city area are frequent visitors to this place.

Mods- Please move it to appropirate section in case of wrong posting.
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:32   #679
BHPian

Had amritsari kadi and rice at daddu's ( pretty ok) followed by the mango kulfi ( nice)

Also,Noticed this new joint called 'M Grill' on road no 36 JH yesterday evening.

Anyone been there?

OT:Saw inorbit mall being given what looked like finishing touches ( easily 3 more months)near durgam cheravu. If they are replicating the same as the one in mumbai then i am sure there would be eating joints like ruby tuesday ,nando's chicken ,rajdhani in this one too

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 22nd June 2009 at 14:34.
Old 22nd June 2009, 20:50   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubsmart View Post
I just want to share a bad experience we had during our lunch party in Haveli, Kondapur.
Certainly a bad experience. Have been there once about 4 months back for a lunch treat. Found the place nothing great (food-wise), and too dark.

Quote:
OT:Saw inorbit mall being given what looked like finishing touches ( easily 3 more months)near durgam cheravu.
I heard it was inaugurated about a week back. Although when I crossed it last Friday it was still looking incomplete.
Old 25th June 2009, 11:52   #681
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to Sahib Sind Sultan, a couple of days ago for dinner. Had the following

Snacks
Subj Mel Kurkri
Galawati Kebab
2 Mocktails

Main Course
Rajasthani Maas
Paneer Rahra Masala
Nans/Roti's

Dessert
Lichee LXYRT

Bill : ~ Rs.1900

Awesome ambience, great food ( very rich and heavy) and even more heavy on the pocket

Worth mentioning is the Rajasthani Lal Maas and Galaowti kebab, just superb. Also, the paneer was one of the best paneer dishes i had in a long time. Paneer was fresh and melting in your mouth

P.S: Bumped into Zen91 ( Brajesh) partying and rocking the place with his office colleagues. Brajesh bhai, aapne kya khaya ( piya tho nahi pooch sakthe), idhar update kariye
Old 28th June 2009, 01:59   #682
Senior - BHPian

Was dragged on Sunday night, after the Deccan Drag, to N in Jubilee Hills. Brand new place, very nice, very classy. The frozen daiquiris were really very good, and the food is top notch. Prices are not cheap -- but worth it for the place, if you're looking for something special. By BLR standards, it's quite cheap. Great desserts too, especially the dark chocolate mudpie.
Old 1st July 2009, 10:54   #683
Team-BHP Support

Utupura

Utupura Restaurant

BANJARA HILLS, HYDERABAD
Tel: 040-23352719
Mob: 09885919498
e-mail: utupura@gmail.com

Had my dinner there last night.
Ordered:
1 Parotta
1 Puttu
1 Idiappam (you get 3)
1 Malabar fish curry (made with Tuna and quite oily)
1 Nethili (Anchovi) fry (very good)
1 Soft drink

Bill: 200 bucks.

The food is quite decent and I enjoyed the meal. My wife did not quite like it as it was a bit oily. Okay she called it very oily and I called it perfect.

They were out of payasam and I will not forgive them for it.

Appams are made to order in front of you.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img037.jpg

A snap of the menu.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img035.jpg

Was very hungry and had finished my meal before I thought of clicking a pic.
The restaurant is housed in an independent house beside Karvi Rd #10.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:05   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT:Saw inorbit mall being given what looked like finishing touches ( easily 3 more months)near durgam cheravu. If they are replicating the same as the one in mumbai then i am sure there would be eating joints like ruby tuesday ,nando's chicken ,rajdhani in this one too
RR, methinks it will take at least 6 months to open---I see the building every-day from the window in front of my cubicle---it is just 50 to 60 feet away. I do hope it opens fast so that I have options other than Team-BHP to spend my leisure time.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:23   #685
BHPian

Inorbit is going to be partly operational from mid june , Hypercity is opening on june 10th and press launch on 15th and shoppers stop / Lifestyle around sep-oct definitely before diwali 75 % of mall will be operational. Hypercity is going to a class experience in shoping esp. in fresh vegetable / meat .
Old 1st July 2009, 13:04   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Hypercity is going to a class experience in shoping esp. in fresh vegetable / meat .
+ 1 to that.. the mumbai hypercity is A1 ,so should be the one here.( i just hope they train the cash counter fellows well) .its irritating to see those fellows clueless ( personal experience from food bazaar/reliance mart)

Did anyone of you also try the monday deal of subway ?( buy 1 ,get one free )

its worth it ,specially if you buy the ones priced above 130 ,you get a lower price sub free.( oh yes ,you need to buy a drink though) but still it works out cheaper.
Old 1st July 2009, 13:04   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Utupura........The food is quite decent and I enjoyed the meal..................
I agree - have been there a couple of times and tried the Malabar fish curry.
Old 1st July 2009, 15:15   #688
Team-BHP Support

Had a weird experience with Zafraan Nirvana, Banjara Hills.

Called up and confirmed if there is a buffet and also any corporate discounts.
Was assured of a Thali at 225 (Non Veg) and 175 (Veg) with a 10% discount.

Reached there with 13 others.
Served a welcome drink. Roughly about 75ml of pineapple juice.
10 mins later we get tomato rasam as soup.
Finally after a long wait a thali is served.
There was curd, basmati rice, Palak chicken, mutton curry, papad, kuchumbar, 2 chicken kababs, dal, aloo zeera. Butter naan, tandoori roti and plain naan were served.

About 20 mins into the meal there is some confusion.
No rotis are being served. One of the guys has eaten his rice and has been informed that rotis are over. Each thali gets only one roti. Since some of us had taken more than one, there is this confusion. By one roti I mean 2 halves.
It took them about 10 mins to sort it out and get a roti for my friend.
I did not like a restaurant that charges premium rate fret about serving one extra roti when 14 thalis have been ordered.
How stupid is that?

Mind you NO REFILLS for any gravies. This is a strictly limited thali.

Desert was gulab jamun.

Over the food was tasty. I liked it. But then comes a shock.
There is no discount on the thalis. The corporate discount is only for a la carte.

My friend who called up the restaurant was very clear in his questions.

The crazy thing was the manager trying his best to explain that the a la carte is food and the thali is already subsidised. If my sentence does not make sense, imagine my group trying to figure it out when he says it to us.

Finally we asked him how a layman with no experience in the hotel business is supposed to know that.
He finally apologised.

Good food, nice ambience and clueless management.
Interesting combo.

Last edited by bblost : 1st July 2009 at 15:17.
Old 1st July 2009, 15:28   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Where is this Nirvana? I have been to Zafraan Exotica at Rd.No.12? Is this another upgrade to the Zafraan name chain?

Btw, looks like your search for nirvana ended with added stress
Old 1st July 2009, 15:45   #690
BHPian

folks who like ice creams do visit cream stone at JH .

I just love the way they prepare the customized version suggested by you.

full ice cream ko peeth peeth kar uska surma bunakar they give it to you just like

price is slightly on the higher side ( inr 150 )

oh btw the gemini tv crew was there taking interviews/feedback of folks eating ice cream there ,i happened to be the one giving my gyaan.( 9.30pm in one of these days on gemini tv)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks