Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 15:53   #691
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Where is this Nirvana? I have been to Zafraan Exotica at Rd.No.12? Is this another upgrade to the Zafraan name chain?

Btw, looks like your search for nirvana ended with added stress
Lumbini Mall beside the Basil and Malgudi
Old 1st July 2009, 16:23   #692
BHPian

The one at Lumbini Mall? Surprising. I have dined there a few times, and come away happy and full everytime. Good food, nice service and ambience. Never tried the thali though.....!!!
Old 1st July 2009, 16:46   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
folks who like ice creams do visit cream stone at JH .

if you like cream stone then you will love the ice station at lumbini mall, they do a perfect cold stone icecream and serve it in thick waffle cones which dont break asap

over all i found cream stone average.
Old 1st July 2009, 17:07   #694
BHPian

Cold Stone or Cream Stone? The one opposite KBR park?
Old 1st July 2009, 17:44   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Cold Stone or Cream Stone? The one opposite KBR park?
cold stone of the u.s of A is known as cream stone in hyderabad( thats what the fellow over there told me)

and yes there's one opposite kbr garden too.
Old 2nd July 2009, 22:31   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Utupura

Utupura Restaurant

BANJARA HILLS, HYDERABAD
Tel: 040-23352719
Mob: 09885919498
e-mail: utupura@gmail.com

Had my dinner there last night.
Ordered:
1 Parotta
1 Puttu
1 Idiappam (you get 3)
1 Malabar fish curry (made with Tuna and quite oily)
1 Nethili (Anchovi) fry (very good)
1 Soft drink

Bill: 200 bucks.

The food is quite decent and I enjoyed the meal. My wife did not quite like it as it was a bit oily. Okay she called it very oily and I called it perfect.

They were out of payasam and I will not forgive them for it.

Appams are made to order in front of you.
Attachment 153625

A snap of the menu.
Attachment 153624

Was very hungry and had finished my meal before I thought of clicking a pic.
The restaurant is housed in an independent house beside Karvi Rd #10.
Went there tonight.
Malabar Fish Curry
Meat Roast
4 Parotas
1 Appam
1 Lime Juice
1 Thumbs-Up

Bill : 214 including 4% VAT.

Verdict: Not too much oil. Tasty food. Will go there again sometime for Karimeen Polichitthu
Old 6th July 2009, 16:14   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, went to "Blue Fox" Himayathnagar for dinner. Been to this restuarant after more than 6 months. First thing I noticed is they jacked up their pricing considerably. Now, they can be compared to SSS.

We had the following :-

Carlsberg Mocktail: Rs.240
Chicken Reshmi Kebab: Rs.230
Chicken Springrolls; Rs.185
Dum Mutton Biryani : Rs.210

Total : ~ Rs.1000

Reshmi Kebab was absolutely succelent and was so perfectly cooked, it vanished the minute it was laid on the tongue. Just superb.

I haven't eaten a better biryani in a long time. The meat was tender,well-cooked and it just dis-integrated in the hands. Do give this a try.

Springrolls were also very good, probably better than any tier 2 chinese joint.

Food is always very delicious at BF and i never got disappointed whenever i visited them. I guess, they are one of those rare telegu management run establishment who get their north indian, chinese and ofcourse, andhra food cooked to the "T"

After this sumptious dinner, enjoyed a nice long bike-ride on this breezy evening on Tank Bund and Necklace Road followed by a "Monica Lewinsky" at Ohri's Basheerbagh.

I have been a fan of Ohri's ice-cream for a long time, so ML was delectable as usual.
Old 6th July 2009, 20:56   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After this sumptious dinner, enjoyed a nice long bike-ride on this breezy evening on Tank Bund and Necklace Road followed by a "Monica Lewinsky" at Ohri's Basheerbagh.

I have been a fan of Ohri's ice-cream for a long time, so ML was delectable as usual.
Probably you were dreaming of 'ML' when you nearly side-swiped me this morning on the turning from Rd #1 to Rd # 8 .

BTW, for those of you who like continental stuff, I'd been to N Grill near Croma/ Barista on Rd # 36, J Hills. It's a mighty expensive place, but the ambience is great, and was full of firangis.
We also bumped into Avi's good pal, Nagarjuna and Amla, not to mention Siddhartha (Bommarillu hero).
A little later we came to know that it was owned by Nagarjuna, and that he'd sold Touche last month.
The bill was a whopping 11 K for 10 persons---with booze included. When we left the place, we found that the Embera we had gone their in was the cheapest car there
Old 6th July 2009, 21:25   #699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Probably you were dreaming of 'ML' when you nearly side-swiped me this morning on the turning from Rd #1 to Rd # 8 .
Oh Sorry about that. I always seems to be in a hurry

Btw, in your excitement of spotting my close friends, you never mentioned what was the continental stuff you had, would love some description of that
Old 6th July 2009, 21:34   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Verdict: Not too much oil. Tasty food. Will go there again sometime for Karimeen Polichitthu
Visited Utupura since it's walkable distance from my home and even though I had seen the board earlier & never visited, I was curious to eat there after the reviews appeared on this thread!

This place is sub-standard IMHO.
Which restaurant (this one doesn't qualify as it's a house converted with few tables and a idiot behind the cash-counter) charges extra for packaging material? Even the Dosa bandi's don't charge you for packing the food!

This is what part of my bill reads:
Container for Curry : 5.00
Parcel Box: 3:00
Thank god they did not charge 50 paise for the carry bag!

As for the food, The chicken was burnt rather than fried & the curry was ONLY OIL + too much of oil in the Porottas! !

VERDICT: Avoidable as there are lots of better options available in Hyderabad unless someone wants to spend few bucks less and talk to the waiters in Tamil/Malayalam!
Old 7th July 2009, 10:51   #701
Team-BHP Support

^ I happened to read the review of this joint in burrp.com
Looks like the chicken is a disaster in this joint.

However the fish curry is good going by 2 experiences (1 is mine) posted in this thread.

So if you go there, only have fish and appams/ idiappams. Avoid the parottas as well.
Old 7th July 2009, 11:00   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Visited Utupura since it's walkable distance from my home and even though I had seen the board earlier & never visited, I was curious to eat there after the reviews appeared on this thread!

This place is sub-standard IMHO.
Which restaurant (this one doesn't qualify as it's a house converted with few tables and a idiot behind the cash-counter) charges extra for packaging material? Even the Dosa bandi's don't charge you for packing the food!

This is what part of my bill reads:
Container for Curry : 5.00
Parcel Box: 3:00
Thank god they did not charge 50 paise for the carry bag!

As for the food, The chicken was burnt rather than fried & the curry was ONLY OIL + too much of oil in the Porottas! !

VERDICT: Avoidable as there are lots of better options available in Hyderabad unless someone wants to spend few bucks less and talk to the waiters in Tamil/Malayalam!
Quote:
^ I happened to read the review of this joint in burrp.com
Looks like the chicken is a disaster in this joint.

However the fish curry is good going by 2 experiences (1 is mine) posted in this thread.

So if you go there, only have fish and appams/ idiappams. Avoid the parottas as well.
May be the chicken is a disaster . I had fish and meat roast and both were decent with actually almost no oil.

I'm a sucker for Kerala PAROTAS so may be thats why the report is slightly biased.

BTW forgot to add previously the USP of this place I feel is you can watch Shakeela on TV while having your food , LOL!!!
Old 7th July 2009, 11:00   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh Sorry about that. I always seems to be in a hurry

Btw, in your excitement of spotting my close friends, you never mentioned what was the continental stuff you had, would love some description of that
Oh, i always find continental stuff not all that tasty, therefore the only things I liked there were the veg cheese balls and shredded chicken. I did not savour the other dishes like Chicken Wings, teriyaki, etc.
Old 7th July 2009, 11:35   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Oh, i always find continental stuff not all that tasty, therefore the only things I liked there were the veg cheese balls and shredded chicken. I did not savour the other dishes like Chicken Wings, teriyaki, etc.
Nothing to beat combination of chicken wings and dark frothy mocktail

btw, I always note that these low-cost place seems to look good only the first time/first few times but over a small period of time they lose their consistency and become terrible. E.G: Gur Nihal, Mama Dhaba etc.

I decided to cut-down my dinner outings to 4 in a month and will go only to places that i know for sure the grub is good ( even if its a little expensive). That ways, i know that i am paying for quality and not throw away hard earned money on experimentation.

Some of my all time favorites remain the following where the food is "always" good.

1. Angeethi ( my all time favorite for North Indian, especially Ala-Carte and not the buffet)
2. Ming's Court
3. Mainland China
4. Ohris-Basera
5. Papaji Ka Dhaba
6. Reshmi's
7. Blue Fox
8. Palace Heights
9. Delhi Durbar ( low-cost in bowenpally)
10. Aromas
11. Terrace Bay ( Reasonably ok)
12. Barbeque Nation
13. Sahib Sind Sultan ( Expensive)

I can go on with a few more names. But, i guess the above list is always the top priority when i go out for some good grub.

Cheers and Happy Binging !!!
Old 7th July 2009, 14:30   #705
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Buffet at Celebrations Madhapur.

Cost 149 + taxes per person.

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
Cross Hair is on top of the Restarant.

Menu:
2 soups. Veg and Non Veg.
2 Starters. Veg and Non Veg.
Egg Curry
Chicken Masala something.
Yellow Dhal
Bhindi fry
BAD mutton Biryani
White Rice
Sambar, Rasam, Curd
Kadai Veg.
Tamarind rice or something like that.

Caramel custard
Bread ka meetha
Vanilla icecream

Service: GOOD.
Ambience: Nice.

Major attraction. 5 mins walk from my office.

Based on its location and service level, I give it a 3 / 5.
Food is ok.
Major Thumbs DOWN.
The soup was the only thing that tasted nice.

Restaurant was totally empty. Only my table was occupied.
The service is good, the waiters and waitresses very helpful and always smiling.
But FOOD is simply lacking in taste.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks