Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 15:47   #1006
BHPian

I am sure you fit Avi's definition of skinny.....LOL!!! Good that you have small snacks throughout the day, else skipping lunch is not a good thing to do. The body thinks you are starving and stores up fat, so opposite result to the one desired. My only (non sedentary) activities are tennis on the weekends and washing/ waxing the car once a month. I am blessed in that I do not seem to put on weight however sedentary I am, so I put that to good use
Old 16th September 2009, 18:10   #1007
BHPian

@anurag. Yes, I agree. skipping lunch is not a good idea at all. But then the food in my office is horrible :(. I dont skip the lunch to loose weight! To add my physical activities, I wash the car every weekend and dust it on alternate days .
Old 17th September 2009, 12:04   #1008
Senior - BHPian

This used to be a perfectly good cheerful thread with lots of talk about food and eating. Seems some virus has infected it for the last page and there is talk of starvation, excercise etc. .........

Chin up guys, keep the spirits up and stay away from politically correct (unhealthy) discussions here. This thread is dedicated to the good things in life (not all of them though - lest you get an infraction) so let us keep our eyes on the ball (or plate in this case).

@Suren - Boss - lunch time is for exploring the menus of all places within hitting distance of office. Thats what I did when my office was in Banjara Hills.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 17th September 2009 at 12:06.
Old 17th September 2009, 16:49   #1009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
This used to be a perfectly good cheerful thread with lots of talk about food and eating. Seems some virus has infected it for the last page and there is talk of starvation, excercise etc. .........
+1 to this one. Let us keep the topics healthy and not talk about dieting barring this last post of mine

I am sad to announce that i am taking a break from eating NV and other liquid consumption for 10 days starting this Saturday until Sep 28th due to Dussera Festival.

Kindly bear with this interruption until then. Thereafter, restuarant and good food availability updates will continue with a re-newed gusto
Old 18th September 2009, 15:18   #1010
Distinguished - BHPian

Before sister headed out on Wednesday, we decided to grab a quick meal at Wonton, Gachibowli on Tuesday night as my nieces also terribly enjoy noodles apart from their favorite food-Paneer

So we had the following:-

Tomtato Soup
Veg Hot and Sweet Soup
Veg Springrolls Called as Popiya
Phuket Fish ( for me)
Veg Wantons
Paneer for the kids, absolutely bland one as they dont eat spice
Veg Soft Noodles
Baby Corn Hong Kong Style
Garlic Fried Rice
Thumbs up for all

Total Damages a very reasonable Rs.1350

Fish was very good but a little too crispy for my liking
Wantons were delicious
Soups were terrific
Best of the lot was we asked the maitre'd to spice up the left over paneer and they came back in 5 minutes adding honey and spice to paneer, one of the best paneer i ever had, chinese style though. Btw, i was suprised to find paneer available in this restuarant.

Ok, now its time to tingle your foodie senses, OT: adding a couple of pictures of my nieces as i miss them a lot already
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8900.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8905.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8914.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8915.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8918.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8922.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8920.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-dsc_8921.jpg  

Old 19th September 2009, 10:51   #1011
BHPian

Sazio - a Bistro style restaurant in Madhapur

A cousin of mine has opened a restaurant "Sazio" in Madhapur. Sazio is a Bistro style restaurant. Bistro style apparently stands for a small restaurant with Parisian decor that serves moderately priced meals.

Please do check it out...

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-scan0001.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-scan0002.jpg
Old 19th September 2009, 11:34   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
A cousin of mine has opened a restaurant "Sazio" in Madhapur. Sazio is a Bistro style restaurant. Bistro style apparently stands for a small restaurant with Parisian decor that serves moderately priced meals.
Please do check it out...
And what is the code-word / pass-word which entitles me to a special tbhp discount and how much is that discount?

Cheers and wishing your cousin a succesful feed-the-hungry venture!
Old 19th September 2009, 15:06   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
And what is the code-word / pass-word which entitles me to a special tbhp discount and how much is that discount?

Cheers and wishing your cousin a succesful feed-the-hungry venture!
LOL. As I mentioned, it is supposed to serve moderately priced meals, so you may not discounts after all. In any case the code word is "Nag Vasireddy"
Old 19th September 2009, 16:29   #1014
Distinguished - BHPian

After having haleem at Sarvi, visited Papaji ka Dhaba for dinner. Ordered the following:-

Tandoori Chicken
Kheema Fry
Tandoori Roti
Thumbs-up

Bill: Rs.270

For the first time, i was unsatisfied about the food. Tandoori Chicken was extra salted and Kheema Fry tasted a bit sweet almost like Turai ( Gourd).

This doesnt mean i will stop visiting them but, in a decade first unsatisfactory experience. That says a lot
Old 20th September 2009, 00:48   #1015
Senior - BHPian

A small drive around necklace road for some roadside corn and icecream ended into a full fledged dinner at HAVMOR 70MM.
While driving on necklace road just saw a car entering the gate, which had the OHRI's board by side. Went a little ahead but reversed and got inside.Was delighted to see the restaurant. On second thoughts decided to give it a try.Very nice ambience with table tops having posters of old hindi movies. Also the walls were adorned with framed posters of old hindi movies. Missed not carrying the camera.It was good.They had buffet running on weekends, costing 249 per head.So dinner for three costed us Rs. 840/-(including 93/- tax).Weekdays they have lunch buffet for Rs. 199/-(monday to thursday).
Very good spread of veg and non-veg items. Valet parking available
Only sore point : the stench coming from hussainsagar lake.
Old 20th September 2009, 15:20   #1016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
A small drive around necklace road for some roadside corn and icecream ended into a full fledged dinner at HAVMOR 70MM.
While driving on necklace road just saw a car entering the gate, which had the OHRI's board by side. Went a little ahead but reversed and got inside.Was delighted to see the restaurant. On second thoughts decided to give it a try.Very nice ambience with table tops having posters of old hindi movies. Also the walls were adorned with framed posters of old hindi movies. Missed not carrying the camera.It was good.They had buffet running on weekends, costing 249 per head.So dinner for three costed us Rs. 840/-(including 93/- tax).Weekdays they have lunch buffet for Rs. 199/-(monday to thursday).
Very good spread of veg and non-veg items. Valet parking available
Only sore point : the stench coming from hussainsagar lake.
Rs.250/head is extremely reasonably for that theme restaurant. Knowing its a Ohri branch, i am sure the food was good.

Need to try that out next month.
Old 20th September 2009, 16:02   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Rs.250/head is extremely reasonably for that theme restaurant. Knowing its a Ohri branch, i am sure the food was good.

Need to try that out next month.
Yes pandey ji, it was very reasonable.Didn't try non-veg due to navratri but they even had noodles and pasta and even dosa. I had, lentil soup, steamed rice with yellow dal, corn pulao, mattar-paneer, gatte ki subzi, naan and roti. Even in desserts and salad they had many choices.Moreover, the restaurant has life-size mannequins of raj kapoor & nargis under a umbrella, Mehmood in his trademark lungi and some action hero kicking the villain in mid-air. It was all good about the restaurant.
Old 20th September 2009, 19:29   #1018
BHPian

Yesterday's dinner was at Zaika, Road number 14, Banjara Hills.
The ambiance was good but the place was literally empty. I was scared guessing the turn around time, but then the service was awesome. Everything was served in 10 minutes. And I was happy with the service.

Menu:
1. Veg Manchow soup.
2. Chilly Mushroom.
3. Veg Khandari
4. Sechzwan fried rice.
5. Plain naan.

Total cost 515/- including tips.

The food was great. I really enjoyed everything.
Will be visiting there again soon

OT: Anyone knows a place around Madhapur where I can practice cricket everyday in the morning? I stay in Miyapur and will love if the place is 15-20 minutes drive at 8 AM when I return from the practice.
Old 20th September 2009, 20:32   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Yesterday's dinner was at Zaika, Road number 14, Banjara Hills.
The ambiance was good but the place was literally empty. I was scared guessing the turn around time, but then the service was awesome. Everything was served in 10 minutes. And I was happy with the service.
kewl, glad you liked it, since its close to where i stay, most of the parcels are gotten from there, nice and cozy place. you must try the lunch thali. its really good. not too heavy,not too light.

btw did any of the team-bhpians tried the new resto called tansen at ohri's jalavihar?

Last edited by aadix : 20th September 2009 at 20:33.
Old 20th September 2009, 20:43   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
kewl, glad you liked it, since its close to where i stay, most of the parcels are gotten from there, nice and cozy place. you must try the lunch thali. its really good. not too heavy,not too light.

btw did any of the team-bhpians tried the new resto called tansen at ohri's jalavihar?
Any idea why was the resto empty? Or it stays like that always?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks