Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 12:30   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Prior to Aura, the restaurant was named Kabura. Kabura was later rechristined as Aura. In the similar way, Malgudi, which was beside Kabura has been rechristined as "Banannaa Leaff". Seem to be worried about those extra a's and f's, looks like the numerology thing to be but the name's spelled out the same way as i put it up there.
I remember Kabura used to serve good Afghan cuisine sometime ago. Kabura, Malgudi and Spark pub were located on the same floor and owned by the same group---Diana group of hotels, I think.

Malgudi shifted to other locations like Banjara Hills and Old Mumbai Road, and their quality seems to have taken a bit of a hit when I last visited their Lumbini Mall outlet.
Old 12th October 2009, 12:58   #1067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A quick update on the Aura thing... the offer might sound exciting but the menu falls flat in terms of quality and taste. It doesnot tantalize the taste buds. Tried Aura a couple of time, the unlimited servings of Kabab's holds to be true but with a difference. They take a pretty longer time to serve the appetizers. These Kabab's sometimes turn out to be half-cooked. Better venture out to Barbecue Nation, which has a better spread as compared to Aura.

Prior to Aura, the restaurant was named Kabura. Kabura was later rechristined as Aura. In the similar way, Malgudi, which was beside Kabura has been rechristined as "Banannaa Leaff". Seem to be worried about those extra a's and f's, looks like the numerology thing to be but the name's spelled out the same way as i put it up there.
Oh So, Aura is erstwhile Kabura. I will stay away from them since i always had a bad experience at Kabura, below average food and dinghy environment. Thanks for the feedback
Old 12th October 2009, 13:35   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Inspired by Mobike008 and his quest for healthy food, I had Subway sandwiches last evening preceded by Tandoori Chicken and Masala Bangra Fry.
Old 12th October 2009, 13:42   #1069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Inspired by Mobike008 and his quest for healthy food, I had Subway sandwiches last evening preceded by Tandoori Chicken and Masala Bangra Fry.
Ani, that's exactly what i do. Eat Subway and then get hungry and follow it up with some "real food" like what you had.

Last evening tried out Chicken Biryani at "Hotel Astoria", RTC crossroads. They opened a new family section and ambience wise is much better than Bawarchi ( comparison because both are right next to each other).

Pretty good taste of the biryani too and not sure but seemed better than Bawarchi.

Sigh, the weekday started and i am back to Subways until this weekend
Old 12th October 2009, 15:49   #1070
BHPian

Has anyones been to Hotel Sohail at Malakpet for Biryani? A true foodie should try it atleast once. Sohail's serves variety of Biryani's ranging from Veg Biryani to Non-Veg to Sea-Food Biryani. Tried Bonelss Mutton Biryani the last time and it was MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM WOW!!! Worth the try people.
Old 12th October 2009, 16:37   #1071
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyones been to Hotel Sohail at Malakpet for Biryani? A true foodie should try it atleast once. Sohail's serves variety of Biryani's ranging from Veg Biryani to Non-Veg to Sea-Food Biryani. Tried Bonelss Mutton Biryani the last time and it was MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM WOW!!! Worth the try people.
Isn't that enroute to Saidabad below the flyover? I had their Haleem last year which was quite good but never tried the biryani. Will check it out soon.
Old 12th October 2009, 16:43   #1072
BHPian

Yes, This is enroute to Saidabad/Chanchalguda. Once you are off the flyover, this falls on the right side. Sohail does serve delicious Biryani & Haleem. Loved the Biryani there. Served as per your wish. Try out the Boneless Mutton Biryani with Double Masala. Thanks to these masala stuff that kind of adds up to the healthy belly that we are trying real hard to maintain.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:07   #1073
BHPian

Wish these Biryani joints, which serve awesome food should try to come up with a proper restaurant or a sitout for the families to come, ala the Bawarchi and Paradise kinds. Bawarchi and Paradise have neatly demarcated the sections in order to enable the family crowd to relish their food at a better place in a better ambience.

Love the variety of food served at the following hotels
1) Mundi Ka Ghost at Miskin Hotel near High Court
2) Biryani at Shah Ghouse Hotel at Shalibanda
3) Nihari-Zuban-Paayaa at Shaadaab, Madina
Old 12th October 2009, 17:17   #1074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Love the variety of food served at the following hotels
1) Mundi Ka Ghost at Miskin Hotel near High Court
2) Biryani at Shah Ghouse Hotel at Shalibanda
3) Nihari-Zuban-Paayaa at Shaadaab, Madina
Wow, i am not into exotic stuff. However, the name of the Hotel rang a bell " Miskin" as some years ago, we had dinner at this very small joint which is opp to Shadab at unearthly hour ( 5:30 AM)....LOL

Recently we had a TBHP Haleem meet at Shah Ghouse and liked the Biryani but the meat was slightly big and tough which i dont like. It should be melt in the mouth types
Old 12th October 2009, 17:27   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
we had dinner at this very small joint which is opp to Shadab at unearthly hour ( 5:30 AM)....LOL
Food at unearthly hour is served at many outlets around the city with Miskin being one of my favourite joints. Love the availability of Biryani at Prince Hotel, near Mehdipatnam. Prince Hotel serves biryani round the clock. However, these joints are for the bachelor types. Otherwise, Rumaan at Toli Chowki X Roads also serves good Biryani's

On the other hand, try out Sharma Betiya Kebabs or Kabab Platter at Mediterranean Cuisine, its really exotic and tastes like heaven.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:34   #1076
Senior - BHPian

You name the hotel, and Avi bhai(mobike) says "aye! I have been there" except its a new one(started less than a month ago!!)
Old 12th October 2009, 18:28   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
You name the hotel, and Avi bhai(mobike) says "aye! I have been there" except its a new one(started less than a month ago!!)
I really doubt if Avi would ever say I haven't been to this place before. I would not be surprised if Avi remembers all the menu cards and the rates beside them. Avi can easily workout and let you know the average price at any of the restaurants. Lets keep his number handy
Old 12th October 2009, 21:36   #1078
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Well, that would have been true some years ago. but, at the rate which hotels are opening in hyderabad ( I assume 3-4 each week), it is difficult even for Sanjeev Kapoor to keep track of them

Quote:
I really doubt if Avi would ever say I haven't been to this place before. I would not be surprised if Avi remembers all the menu cards and the rates beside them. Avi can easily workout and let you know the average price at any of the restaurants. Lets keep his number handy
Sure thing Nikhil, feel free to call me for details. I already provide that service to quite a few hyderabadi folks ( free of cost).

People carry wallet in their pocket and i beileve in carrying " Times of India Food Guide"
Old 13th October 2009, 16:37   #1079
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need some suggestions for good sizzlers apart from the favorites like Palace Heights, Bombay Blues and Yoko's. Been there and done that.

Need to know new places to sizzle
Old 13th October 2009, 17:46   #1080
BHPian

Try out IndiJoe's at City Center Mall, they have a good range of Sizzlers. Loved the Sea Food Sizzler there the last time. Worth the try for foodies. Also try out the Texas Chicken Wings (hope I get the name right) with Tartar Sauce. It was great.

Most Viewed