Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 12:18   #1126
BHPian

Anirudh, this was the meet Avi was speaking about Team-BHP Breakfast Meet on 1st November 2009

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post1553956 (Hyderabad: Sep'09 and Oct'09 Meets)
Old 29th October 2009, 14:35   #1127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
When & where?

I'm looking for something in the short term like this Sunday
This sunday, check the meet thread and join us !!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Last evening went for the umpteenth time to "Reshmi's ". I am yet to come back un-satisfied

We had :-

Corn Cheese Balls ( MUST HAVE)
Kalmi Kebab ( MUST HAVE)
Gobi Parathas ( I would say one of the best in city)
Corn & Capsicum Masala ( Very Very Tasty)
Chole Masala ( 2nd only to Ohri's Havemore which is No.1 in entire twin cities for this dish)
Tandoori Roti's and Phulkas ( GOOD)
2 Fresh Lime Sodas

Rs. 475 ( Chole Masala was complimentary for yours truly)
Old 30th October 2009, 11:04   #1128
Senior - BHPian

I was in the Abids area in the morning and since teh work got over went over to Pragathi Tiffins:
Items Had:
2 Onion Dosa
1 Plate Idly

Total : Rs 40/-

Onion Dosa was Yumm!!! especially the Garlic Chutney and Spicy Sambhar.

The breakfast was followed by some awesome coffee from teh stall next door.

All in all a really fulfilling breakfast.
Old 30th October 2009, 11:09   #1129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
1 Plate Idly
What about this? Was it not melt in mouth types?

You should have tried their special dosa. Really yummy and best part is its absolutely non-oily
Old 30th October 2009, 11:22   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
What about this? Was it not melt in mouth types?

You should have tried their special dosa. Really yummy and best part is its absolutely non-oily
Idli was soft but since both (me and wifey) are not great fans of it, we just had 1 plate ( 5 small Idlis)

Special Dosa is nothing but with Upma Filling instead of Aloo, which we decided to skip. Paneer Butter Masala Dosa looked yummy! Thats for next time
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:02   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Last evening went for the umpteenth time to "Reshmi's ". I am yet to come back un-satisfied
Reshmi's Dhaba is actually christened "Reshmi's Classic Restaurant".

I did visit it this weekend (my first visit) and the net result of eating there - my family says that they do not wish to eat in any other eating joint in this city.

Our order was Tangdi Kabab (4 pieces per plate), Kalmi Kabab (4 pieces per plate), Corn Cheese Balls (8 pieces per plate), Cream of Chicken Soup, 2 Jal Jeera Sodas, 1 Pepsi as starters and Garlic Kabab Masala, Dal Fry, Garlic Naan, Tandoori Roti, Butter Roti, Lacha Parontha and Jeera Rice as main course. Cost was Rs. 1,103 for 4 of us which included 3 bottles water.

Complimentary stuff was sliced onions, mint chutney, pickle and a very tasty warm garlic-tomato chutney.

The servings are of pretty decent sized and not small.

The place is very clean and well air-conditioned though number of covers is quite less. The patrons frequenting the place are certainly upmarket. Valet parking is available though I did not need it since I found a parking right there.

Sarson-Ka-Saag & Makki-Ki-Roti were not available. Chole-Bhature were also not available. No desserts were available except ice-cream so we skipped that.

Children wanted Kala-Khatta Gola but did not know where one gets them in Secunderabad. Seeking help to find venues serving Kala-Khatta Gola?
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:24   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Children wanted Kala-Khatta Gola but did not know where one gets them in Secunderabad. Seeking help to find venues serving Kala-Khatta Gola?
Drive a few meters ahead of Paradise/Persis, you will come across Pan Mahal, he serves good Gola's else try out Dimpys Pan Mahal, Sindhi Colony
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:32   #1133
Distinguished - BHPian

@Hyd_Traveller, so you too have become a Reshmi fan

Best Golas can be found at Mayur Pan Palace at Minister Road in Secunderbad and Mayur Pan Palace at Boggulkunta, Hyderabad near Papaji Ka Dhaba and Pragati Idli's etc.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:01   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Drive a few meters ahead of Paradise/Persis, you will come across Pan Mahal, he serves good Gola's else try out Dimpys Pan Mahal, Sindhi Colony
Did try both but Pan Mahal and Dimmy's do not have Golas any more. Maybe they keep only in season.

Quote:
@Hyd_Traveller, so you too have become a Reshmi fan

Best Golas can be found at Mayur Pan Palace at Minister Road in Secunderbad and Mayur Pan Palace at Boggulkunta, Hyderabad near Papaji Ka Dhaba and Pragati Idli's etc.
Me, a fan, not sure (need Prawns and exotic fish to get swayed) but family, yes, absolutely since chicken and tandoori cooking decides for them.

Will check out Mayur next time I am in Secunderabad. Is this the same guy who also sells Laddu Pan and has a branch at Dharam Karan Road?
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:21   #1135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Me, a fan, not sure (need Prawns and exotic fish to get swayed) but family, yes, absolutely since chicken and tandoori cooking decides for them.

Will check out Mayur next time I am in Secunderabad. Is this the same guy who also sells Laddu Pan and has a branch at Dharam Karan Road?
Hmmm. Ok ! Me a total hard core indian food fan so Reshmi works just fine.

Mayur's original outlet is at Bogulkunta and they opened at Minister road later. Since Ameerpet is not an area i frequent much, not sure if they have another one on DK road as well.

They have a huge list of ice-golas and their Kala Kattha is the best one
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:45   #1136
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening tried the good old routine. We added to Vijay Mallay's coffers and drove around the evening which was pleasant with nice music playing and picked up some snacks to munch in the car, headed after a real long time to Bade Miya Kebab at Tank Bund

Boti Kebabs : Rs.70

This guy just got better or maybe i am eating after a long time. Simply Simply Delicious with their mint chutney and miniscule roti

Chicken Kebab : Rs.65

Very tasty but nothing compared to their Boti

We didnt pick up their Sheek ( which is extremely popular) since wifey is not a hard core meat eater.

Total Damage : Rs.150

While driving around the city, at KBR road around 10:00pm spotted 5-6 superbikes with guys riding fast and without any gear.

Some bikes with 2 onboard, some single. But,the sound of those bikes zipping raised the hair on my spine. Sweet !

Thought, why not try the sizzler at Yoko's since we were in the vicinity

1. Sizzling Chicken with Oyster Sauce
Add on : Sphaghetti
Add on : Rice with Bell Pepper and Garlic Sauce

Rs.320+Rs.40+Rs.40

2. Belgium Dark Choclate

Rs.65

Sizzler was just wonderful when i compare it with Sazio. Though i realize these guys have jacked up their rates. All sizzlers are in Rs.320-Rs.370 range which is bloody expensive.

Belgian Choclate was delicious and quantity is enough to satisfy "Hillram" and for that price, it was a steal.

They have starters which seemed VFM

Veg Platter ( Rs.170) : 5 different types of veg grills
Non-Veg Platter ( Rs.240) : 3 different types of NV grills
Sea Food Platter ( Rs.550) : Fish and Grilled Prawns with a complimentary mocktail

Total Damage : Rs.500

P.S: I received an email from Yoko this morning mentioning they will give discounts et.all for group booking. We should make use of that soon
Old 5th November 2009, 13:55   #1137
Distinguished - BHPian

Been planning for a sizzler dinner from last one week. After visiting Yoko's for dinner on Sunday, decided to give Palace Heights in Abids a try.

I think going there after more than 6 months and for those who dont know they are situated bang opposite Santosh Theatre in Abids and are situated on 8th floor with breathtaking view of the city from the large glass windows.

What we ordered :-

Veg Hot and Sour Soup ( 2 No's) : Rs.140
Good quantity and superb taste. Highly recommended

Russian Salad ( 1 No) : Rs.80
Very Tasty

Berry Punch Mocktail & Fruit Punch : Rs.68 each
Quite nice. Btw, surprised to note all their mocktails are similar priced which is a shocker for such a highly upmarket restuarant

Veg Grilled Sizzler : Rs.220
Pepper Meat Grilled Sizzler : Rs.325
Ordered for extra pair of buns : Rs.32
Their Veg and NV Sizzlers are similarly priced. They serve them with Buns and 2 slabs of butter. Softest buns ever had.Their sizzlers stay hot for a long time.

It took us 10 minutes to dig into our first bite.Good portions and meat sizzler was HUGE minced meat cutlet but i prefer the meat served directly instead of cutlet but it was quite tasty and different style and regular veg assortments

This meal was heaviest in recent times. I decided to skip my next few meals to compensate for this sin...LOL

Total Damages : Rs.1100 including the delicious paan below the restuarant which is known from decades.

Overall, it was good to rediscover PH and i would go back there again and again.

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th November 2009 at 13:58.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:08   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
the delicious paan below the restuarant which is known from decades.
Delicious Paan at Triveni. Love his Meenakshi Paan without Beetlenut's.

Avi, ek hafte mein kitne baar bahar khaate ho
Old 5th November 2009, 14:12   #1139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Delicious Paan at Triveni. Love his Meenakshi Paan without Beetlenut's.

Avi, ek hafte mein kitne baar bahar khaate ho
You bet. One of the best paans in our city. And, the owner is always sozzled
I typically eat dinners out about 3-4 times a week. Is it less?
Old 5th November 2009, 14:55   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
You bet. One of the best paans in our city. And, the owner is always sozzled
I typically eat dinners out about 3-4 times a week. Is it less?
I have dinner outside 3-4 in a YEAR and invariably bump into you during these times also..out of the 2 times that I had dinner outside this year..already met you at Sahib Sind Sultan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks