Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2009, 18:15   #1261
BHPian

Was out with work during lunch time and landed at K&C, Himayat Nagar. Not the new KC, but the original K&C (overheard: it's just that the partners split and they never wanted to forego the established brand name, so they retained the same name with a few changes)

So, walked into K&C for my all time favorite snack sold at K&C "CHICKEN SALAD SNACK". Describing it in words seems to be a herculean task, given the mystic taste and aroma of Chicken Salad Snack. Its a soft bread based snack with chicken filling. This inturn is topped with a tasty salad, made with Mayonise, Onions, Capsicum, Pepper and etc. The amount of toppings can be called as Lunch in itself.

My mouth is watering as I am typing this whole thing. A snack worth the try, especially when you are on the move.

For the Veggie's, they also serve Veg Salad Snack.

Last edited by traveloholic : 21st December 2009 at 18:16.
Old 21st December 2009, 18:18   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Need to go for my fix of Chole Bature
Have you been there for long due share of Chole Bhature?
Old 1st January 2010, 18:26   #1263
BHPian

Kwality's Grill & Curry is at Park Lane in Secunderabad and is adjoining Nanking and opposite Reshmi's. Their phone no. are 27892419 & 64552487.

I had lunch there today and found it very good in terms of ambience, food quantity, taste, service, cleanliness, valet parking and other parmeters.

Apart from the regular menu, they have a combo menu of 2 pages which is real value for money and though the menu reads as lunch only, it is available in dinner also.

I tried out their Lebanese, Continental and Tandoor combos + 2 bottles water. Tab was 617.00 including tax (tax is 4 %).

They also have a Signature Kebab Menu and a full regular menu.

I would highly recommend the Tandoor Combo and Continental Combo for being very good value for money.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-combo-menu-1.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-combo-menu-2.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-special-menu.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-lebanese-combo.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-continental-combo.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-tandoor-combo.jpg  

Old 1st January 2010, 20:02   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Have you been there for long due share of Chole Bhature?
Had gone there one evening but due to absence of parking space, had to turn back.
Old 2nd January 2010, 10:52   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Had gone there one evening but due to absence of parking space, had to turn back.
They have valet parking. Maybe the valet was absent on the day you went.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:37   #1266
Team-BHP Support

17 Degree North (Madhapur)

This restaurant is on the fourth floor of the building that houses Ratnadeep supermarket neat Cyber Towers.

Currently have a buffet running at 199/- per person.
Plus a 10% corporate discount extended to my office folk.

This discount I am sure will be extended to all folks with id tags.
But good idea to call and check:

Soups (Veg and Non Veg) are served at the table.
You need to get everything else.

I was in a rush so did not concentrate a lot on the food.
But I kinda like this place. Food is decent and the plus points for the restaurant are location and VFM.

Of the dishes served, I recall these:
1. Salad made with beetroot and paneer.
2. Chicken chaat. Come onions, tomatoes, chicken and lots of red chilly sauce. Did not taste like chaat. Was weird but since I like the sauce, was ok by me.
3. Soup was nice.
4. Chicken cornflakes. Small strips of chicken coated with cornflakes and fried. Good.
5. Biryani was ok.
6. Christmas pudding was good.

There were the usual gravies and roti and rice and sabzi.
But I had neither the time nor interest in checking out the usual stuff.

Nice place if you are looking for a decent buffet near Cyber Towers.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-clipboard02.jpg
Old 10th January 2010, 16:50   #1267
BHPian

I am hosting some US visitors next week. Any recommendations for
1) Good Continental Food
2) Good Thai food

Has anyone visited Westin and has a feedback on the place
Old 10th January 2010, 17:13   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
1) Good Continental Food
2) Good Thai food

I had the Sunday Brunch a week back at Taste at Westin Mindspace and found the dessert section to be the most elaborate for any buffet in Hyderabad till date.

Very huge spread out buffet and enough counters to confuse a guest but the food is so-so. I would rate Novotel's Saturday Dinner Buffet much more better than Westin.

Since the hotel is not fully functional as yet, staff from other sections are also at hand to help resulting in total pampering at your table.

At 1450 + taxes, which included unlimited beverages, it is also the most expensive buffet in town.

Though I have not tried Prego at Westin, it sounds just the right place to indulge on Italian fare being a open kitchen restaurant.

However, if being only veg is not an issue, Little Italy at Jubilee Hills is a safe bet.

IndiJoe lunch buffet is also very good and economical but it may not match your choice of venue for a business meal.

TGIF with its 199 all inclusive per head 12pm - 5pm lunch is also worth it but a big no-no if guests are from USA.

Barbeque Nation may be worth shortlisting for its unique selling concept of a BBQ on the table. Till date, no foriegner I have taken there has come back complaining.
Old 16th January 2010, 09:57   #1269
Distinguished - BHPian

Been to " Methi" next to KFC in R.P Road, Secbad for dinner yesterday.

It is a pleasantly ambienced pure vegetarian restuarant. The maitre'd turned out to be one of favorite waiters from Reshmi's. So received some unbeilevable attention, free beverage and a discount card as well

We ordered :-

Tomato Soups ( 2 No's) : Rs. 140
Tandoori Platter : Rs. 160
Stuffed Capsicum : Rs. 100
Assorted Rotis : 140
Veg Biryani : 130
Strawberry Flavoured Lassi ( 3 No's) : FREE

Rs.740 (Inclusive of tips)

I really like this restuarant for vegetarian food. Nice ambience, very tasty food and pocket friendly prices ( now even more so with the discount card)
Old 16th January 2010, 10:27   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Avi..We celebrated Divya's Birthday at none other than Reshmi's last week.She insisted we go there.It was good experiance as usual and tasty food.
This time i tried Veg Shali Pulao and i was simply floored by the taste.

2 days back landed at Abhiruchi,Sec'bad with Tirthankar for an Andhra Thali and ejoyed the Podis (Dal Powders).I wish they improved the ambience a little.
Old 16th January 2010, 13:27   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
1) Good Continental Food
2) Good Thai food

Telangana got the better of my visitors. Trip moved to March now.
Hopefully we will have a few more reviews for Westin by then.
Old 18th January 2010, 17:16   #1272
Distinguished - BHPian

There's been a lot of munching and some more on this weekend

Saturday afternoon, visited NKM Grand, Khairtabad for some afternoon siesta of cold beverages and snacks. I absolutely loved the Chicken Banjara Kebab, it was one of the best tasted kebabs in a long time. Must try!

We also had Chicken Tikka and Apollo Fish and they too were quite good. However, Banjara Kebab took away the trophy

Saturday evening, had a small get together at home. So I got a whole lot of food parcelled from my all time favorite joint " Sagar Papaji Ka Dhaba"

Got the following :-

Chilly Fish
Tandoori Chicken
Ginger Chicken-2 No's
Chiken Tikka Masala
Mutton Biryani- 2 No's

Except Tandoori which i never became too fond of from Papaji, every other dish was a masterpiece. Same taste, awesome flavours and delicious to the core.

Total Damages : Rs.1100

Sunday ( Jan 16th)

Went to " Sholay" at Begumpet for dinner. It has a beautiful ambience and everything in decor is related to the famous movie. There is a huge tank ( which Dharmendar climbs and wants to suicide from) in the middle of the restuarant giving a authentic look to the entire decor.

The menu is quite unique, a thick hard back with lot of anecdotes related to the movie.

We had the following :-

Cold Drinks ( 2 No's) : Rs.380
Chicken Tangri Kebab ( Some long tongue twisting name) : Rs. 175
Veg Hariyali Kebab : Rs.120
Chicken Biryani : Rs.175

Total Damages : ~ 1K

Chicken Kebab was a unique dish, it had minced meat ( not sure if it was lamb or chicken) but quite flavoursome and succelent. You can certainly give this a try, i am sure you wont be disappointed.

Veg Kebab was also pretty good.

Maitre'd honestly suggested that i should opt for CB instead of MB and Chicken Biryani was the best part, it was perfectly cooked and had a lot of chicken pieces and quantity was more more than enough. Along with it they served two huge bowls of Gravy and Curd.

Best part was the service. The chef came out and checked if i was happy with his preparation. And, i showered some praises on him and told him i expected some discounts for eating his stuff

Kidding, the food was good and i have already decided to pay them a visit again soon.
Old 21st January 2010, 14:05   #1273
Distinguished - BHPian

It's been a few months since i been to a nice club.

Any recommendations on the new ones, planning to hit out this Friday !

I am kind of tired going to B&C, 10D, Touch, Firangi Paani, Poison etc. Would prefer any feedback on the new ones.

How is Rattle and Hum? Never tried "Excess" till date purely due to reason its too far out from my place and i didnt want to drive after a good night out.

Also, need some info on whats the latest in midnight buffets and pricing etc.
Old 22nd January 2010, 07:55   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Also, need some info on whats the latest in midnight buffets and pricing etc.
Yes, I also need to know which are the in places of the present for midnight biryani and their prices.
Old 23rd January 2010, 13:13   #1275
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night, it was one fantastic evening. Been winning some awards, so decided to pat myself on the back along with a special occasion...LOL

So me and wifey decided its some time we did some pub-hopping, so we headed out to following places in one single night

1. Zouk, nice ambience but there was very less crowd as we went there quite early( loved the Chicken Tikka)

2. Bottle & Chimneys ( There was a live performance of DJ Jerome winner of progressive house music in Germany)

1K was cover charge and that place has become ridiculously expensive.

However, liked their mexican flavoured liquid ( however, regretted same thing was available in our next pitstop at much cheaper price). Mexican Chicken was quite delicious

I hated the music and the pricing. Though i know the owner, it didnt cross my mind to ask him for a discount.

3. Hard Rock Cafe
Going there for the first time and as Ram aptly put it, its the place to be for rock lovers. Huge place and amazing ambience and comparatively decent pricing from those rip your wallet pub runners.

We enjoyed the rest of the evening here until they finally wound up around 12:30am.

All the stuff that we ordered was delicious :-

Garlic Bread
Mashed Potatoes in some barbeque sauce
Tequina Sliced Chicken

4. Green Park Midnight Buffet

To wind up our hectic evening, we decided to head out to our old time favorite joint which i am going almost after a year.

Good food as usual and kheema pao and biryani stands out.

Buffet Price : Rs.296/head all inclusive

All in all, it was well deserved break and nice to catch back with the party scene after a few months before practically crawling back home around 2 AM.

Last nights vagabonding and throwing caution to air resulted in net reduction of contents of my wallet by almost ( Rs.5,000)

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd January 2010 at 13:15.

Most Viewed