Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2010, 14:07   #1276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
How is Rattle and Hum? Never tried "Excess" till date purely due to reason its too far out from my place and i didnt want to drive after a good night out.
Rattle and Hum is a joke. Their menu is too pricey. If i am not mistaken a pint will run you about Rs 180. Sports bar which is literally right across the street sells beer for Rs 99 per pint and the later also happens to have a bowling alley. Another Rattle and Hum drawback is that they don't allow smoking indoors.

Excess is a good place to go to late in the evening after finishing dinner. The place usually picks up after 11pm. I think it is the largest night club in Hyderabad and is definitely worth a visit.

Syn is also pretty decent. Considering it is new and different, it is a change from the cliche that we are used to. I would like to see how they perform in the long run.
Old 24th January 2010, 12:19   #1277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
Rattle and Hum is a joke. Their menu is too pricey. If i am not mistaken a pint will run you about Rs 180. Sports bar which is literally right across the street sells beer for Rs 99 per pint and the later also happens to have a bowling alley. Another Rattle and Hum drawback is that they don't allow smoking indoors.

Excess is a good place to go to late in the evening after finishing dinner. The place usually picks up after 11pm. I think it is the largest night club in Hyderabad and is definitely worth a visit.

Syn is also pretty decent. Considering it is new and different, it is a change from the cliche that we are used to. I would like to see how they perform in the long run.
Of the lot, HRC was the cheapest--Rs.135 and B&C was the most expensive with each one costing between Rs.200-Rs.250.

I had another unpleasant experience in B&C which cannot be outlined here.
Old 24th January 2010, 13:53   #1278
BHPian

I passed by in the lane in which Pragathi Idli is located.

I observed that there are 2 outlets around 10 meters apart from each other and both had huge crowd.

Are both the same or are they 2 competitors?
Old 24th January 2010, 13:58   #1279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I passed by in the lane in which Pragathi Idli is located.

I observed that there are 2 outlets around 10 meters apart from each other and both had huge crowd.

Are both the same or are they 2 competitors?
Both are owned by same fella.

The one without shed is the original outlet of Pragati Idlis and the one with shed came up around 5 years ago.

Over the last few years, have been frequenting the one with shed !
Old 28th January 2010, 10:12   #1280
BHPian

Please go to "Events" section on Page 2 of "Hyderabad Times" of today (28-Jan-2010) and under the heading "Food", read the 3rd tip:

"Gourmets check out on peshawari cuisine at Road No 12, Banjara Hills. On till January 31."

I guess the whole of Road No. 12 is a eat street.
Old 28th January 2010, 12:04   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Please go to "Events" section on Page 2 of "Hyderabad Times" of today (28-Jan-2010) and under the heading "Food", read the 3rd tip:

"Gourmets check out on peshawari cuisine at Road No 12, Banjara Hills. On till January 31."

I guess the whole of Road No. 12 is a eat street.
So a street food festival, huh? Interesting! I guess will check out today
Old 28th January 2010, 13:31   #1282
BHPian

Hehe, MC you've been had!!!!

I think he was pointing out the carelessness of the Hyd Times guys rather than a street food festival.
Old 28th January 2010, 14:48   #1283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Hehe, MC you've been had!!!!

I think he was pointing out the carelessness of the Hyd Times guys rather than a street food festival.
Effects of driving non-stop thru the night from Chennai. Mind is not working
Old 28th January 2010, 18:45   #1284
BHPian

anyone knows a good place to pick up good quality columbian/ ethiopian/ kenyan coffee (instance variety). The one in Hypercity is too light for my taste and QMart has really old stock.
cheers
Old 29th January 2010, 07:51   #1285
BHPian

An advertisement in Hyderabad Chronicle of today :-
A weekend offer : Buffet Lunch & Dinner : Lavish, elaborate spread & unlimited spirits @ just Rs. 450/- : Ebony Boutique Hotel, next to Melting Moments, Annapurna Studios Lane, Road No. 2, Banjara Hills : 040-4031-9696 : 92-480-08810 : Welcome to Ebony Hotel
Old 29th January 2010, 10:34   #1286
BHPian

Can you guys suggest a Club-disc-pub apart from the usual haunts like sixth element, 10d, B&C (hate that place) and all? Avi has inspired me to do some pub hopping myself this weekend
Old 29th January 2010, 11:36   #1287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Can you guys suggest a Club-disc-pub apart from the usual haunts like sixth element, 10d, B&C (hate that place) and all? Avi has inspired me to do some pub hopping myself this weekend
Nice to know i am influencing you to throw-away your hard-earned money

I recommend you plan like this. Go straight to Hard Rock Cafe ( I know your taste of music, you wont be disappointed) around 9pm and spend time till just before they close down 11:00pm and from there head straight to Xcess in Novotel. Other pubs are crap as they play music which i dont understand ( progressive, trance,house, etc.etc..what the heck is that music? can anybody beat the good ol rock and roll?)

Btw, this world is such a small place. DJ Yogi who used to play at my favorite joint ( Touch) before now plays at Xtreme Sports Bar and Xcess lives right next to my house. He is damn neat with his music.

Wrap up the evening with a buffet someplace ( Novotel would be grossly expensive).

Be ready to splurge 4K-5K for the night if you want a no-holds barred evening.

How does my idea of emptying your pocket sound??......LOL

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th January 2010 at 11:38.
Old 29th January 2010, 12:02   #1288
Distinguished - BHPian

Btw, need some suggestions. Planning to go out today evening for a nice quiet dinner as i am celebrating ( again ! ) something.

Budget is around Rs.2000 for dinner for 3 people.

I was thinking Zafraan Exotica/Waterfront/SSS as all have outstanding ambience. But, been there several times before. Wifey insisting on ZE.

Any other suggestion which resturant works good. Ambience and good food is mandatory. It would also help if suggestions pour on which dishes to order
Old 29th January 2010, 12:24   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
How does my idea of emptying your pocket sound??......LOL
Sounds good.....what are Gandhis good for anyway, apart from this and dry days

Might also drop in to Xtreme Sports bar for a spot of bowling.....that any good?
Old 29th January 2010, 13:35   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, need some suggestions. Planning to go out today evening for a nice quiet dinner as i am celebrating ( again ! ) something.

Budget is around Rs.2000 for dinner for 3 people.

I was thinking Zafraan Exotica/Waterfront/SSS as all have outstanding ambience. But, been there several times before. Wifey insisting on ZE.

Any other suggestion which resturant works good. Ambience and good food is mandatory. It would also help if suggestions pour on which dishes to order
The Great Kebab Factory ?

Most Viewed