Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 15:18   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Last Saturday I went to Live Sports Bar on road no. 10 Jubilee Hills.
No.of people = 3.
Total damages: 1750/-

There was some DJ Night and a guest MC (MC Sid - a very different kind of MC, a bit interactive with the audience, overall it was worth going there at least for this guy!!).

Cover charges: 700/- per couple. (even stags had to pay 700/- per head) 500/- per head can be redeemed(NO, they did not priced their items above the roof!!). Plus a complimentary diet drink - I think it was called Exalt(MRP: 69/- per tin), manufactured by some German company!!

Items orders:
1. $3x on the beach - 2; - 600
2. Long island ...... - 1; - 300
3. mocktails(some chocolate based) - 2 (+2 complimentary drinks mentioned above) - 400
4. "Kaali Mirch Murgh" - 1; - 170
(Ordered "Kaali Mirch Murgh" but I think we got "Hari Mirch Murgh" but it was really good!!)
5. Fried Chicken - 1; - 160

Ambiance: 4.5 on 5
F&B: 4.5 on 5
VFM: Baring the mocktails (200/- each). Overall its a very VFM if you go as a couple. That is by paying 700/- you can redeem 1000/-. Yours truly being the stag, could redeem only 500/-.

PS: That was Saturday special. And the offer varies every Saturday. I remember couple of weeks ago, it was unlimited Tuborg at 350/- per head. I think next week it is buy one get one free Tuborg(I think its 100/- per pint).
Old 1st February 2010, 15:50   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
PS : Staff errors included them making me sit on a table booked in the name of one "Mr Avinash Pandey". How I came to know about the table goof up is another story!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Would love to know how you came to know about it?

I had booked a table for 4 but, we got delayed and dropped the plan since they said will serve only till 10:00pm. Did they serve beyond that as well?
Staff error report - when we meet!

Yes, service was upto 10:00 pm and the captain came and informed us the rule and asked us to place our last order at 10:00 pm. We ordered 3 rounds for all three of us (in shot glasses) which were happily served and placed on our table and lasted us all till 11:15 pm. Now you know why I cannot remember the main course!
Old 1st February 2010, 17:12   #1308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Staff error report - when we meet!

Yes, service was upto 10:00 pm and the captain came and informed us the rule and asked us to place our last order at 10:00 pm. We ordered 3 rounds for all three of us (in shot glasses) which were happily served and placed on our table and lasted us all till 11:15 pm. Now you know why I cannot remember the main course!
Oh Boy! if that was the case then i would have come there

I was under the impression they take only one round order at 10pm. We all started from home around 9:15pm hence, our change in decision.

Anyways, i think we should plan a weekend meet at this place. Sounds pretty VFM

@Raj, you too hopping in one pub.....LOL

@Anurag, what happened to your hopping?
Old 1st February 2010, 17:40   #1309
BHPian

Hopping was the operative word dude. Got late hopping from office, so went straight to HRC. Nice music (specially at closing time, all the 'stewards' were head-banging to system of a down and Rammstein), good ambience, not too crowded and not too expensive = my kinda place. A few tigers, coupla cocktails/ mocktails, and some munchies set me back by about Rs 2600. Plan was to shift by 11 to Excess, started only at 1130. Got there only to learn that excess is closed for renovation. A nice party was in progress (for DE Shaw employees, I guess) at HICC, and I wanted to partake of the offerings there (whats 2 more in a sea of humanity, hehe). However, sanity (read SWMBO) prevailed and a few frantic phone calls later found out that Torque at Green Park is open late. So off to Green Park. Torque was a big letdown though. Crowded to the brim, with bassy hip hop music bellowing so high that one couldnt hear himself think. So full of smoke that even my trained eyes teared up. So outta there and into the bar and then to the Midnight Buffet to round out the "evening". Excess was a downer, else all in all an evening well spent

Last edited by anurag_p80 : 1st February 2010 at 17:42.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:52   #1310
Distinguished - BHPian

Good on you Anurag, seems like me, of all the places you hopped, HRC was the best. I even enjoyed their grub !

All other places are fighting hard to make you poor ( read : exorbitant), so better to stay away from them

HRC and Extreme Sports Bar...We love you !
Old 1st February 2010, 18:59   #1311
BHPian

So please help me, where in Hyd can I listen to good live bands who play Jazz, Blues or Rock (in that order) while I eat or ruminate?

If none (damn what am I doing in this dead place), then where is non-live music of same taste.
Old 1st February 2010, 19:18   #1312
BHPian

Underdeck at Taj Banjara is the only place I know of which plays Jazz and used to have live bands. Dunno whether it is still operational though.
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:44   #1313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
So please help me, where in Hyd can I listen to good live bands who play Jazz, Blues or Rock (in that order) while I eat or ruminate?

If none (damn what am I doing in this dead place), then where is non-live music of same taste.
My dear adzegeek, looks like you lived in south of USA a lot ( Tenesse, like memphis and nashville, if i am not wrong these places are pretty famous for blues and jazz). However, you wont get the same stuff in good 'ol Hydie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Underdeck at Taj Banjara is the only place I know of which plays Jazz and used to have live bands. Dunno whether it is still operational though.
Bang on, they used to play long time back. But, it must have fizzled out since hyd crowd needs hindi and telugu remix numbers belted out most of the time
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:52   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post

Quote:
My dear adzegeek, looks like you lived in south of USA a lot ( Tenesse, like memphis and nashville, if i am not wrong these places are pretty famous for blues and jazz). However, you wont get the same stuff in good 'ol Hydie
I understand there is a rock evening happening in Hyd this Friday. May be you can join for that. I'm definitely sure, you wouldn't have seen any thing like this before
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:19   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
well dont get me started on roots of jazz and blues. I got hooked because my pop was sax player of some repute - he jammed with Weather Report (does any one remember this group) - so Jazz was always on the house. Even Delhi which is culturally the pits of metros allows you to catch Soulmate practically every month at F bar, so I wonder whats stopping the Hyd places not to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I understand there is a rock evening happening in Hyd this Friday. May be you can join for that. I'm definitely sure, you wouldn't have seen any thing like this before
If I guess right this is absynthguzzler palatial house party you are refering to. I am driving down to Lonavala on Friday for an out of town clay pigeon shooting exercise for the weekend, so guess will miss the punding drums and crashing guitars ... enjoy.
Old 2nd February 2010, 23:41   #1316
Distinguished - BHPian

How is Xtreme Sports Bar? Reviews, feedbacks, what to order and more importantly what not to order would be appreciated.

I plan to spend sometime tomorrow evening chilling out in this place as its been ages since i chilled out
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:17   #1317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How is Xtreme Sports Bar? Reviews, feedbacks, what to order and more importantly what not to order would be appreciated.

I plan to spend sometime tomorrow evening chilling out in this place as its been ages since i chilled out
No one responded? I am
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:37   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
How is Xtreme Sports Bar? Reviews, feedbacks, what to order and more importantly what not to order would be appreciated....
The one near City Centre Mall? Haven't been there myself but a colleague who has been there a few times said they serve very good starters, a little expensive.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:02   #1319
BHPian

Quote:

Avi Bhai, been there a year back and the one thing I remember were there starters..I am sure you would like them a lot.

Don't remember the damages, guess they were reasonable.
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:12   #1320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

They are a very very reasonable place with awesome muzik and great food. Try their chilly baby corn and Chicken Machurian. Food though is slightly on the higher side.

Oh if you are lucky you might find some live band playing as well.

Hope the above satisfies your query about the essentials

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks