Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 14:42   #1336
BHPian

If you are driving from Hyderabad side of Tank Bund, then I would suggest you to take the Secretariat Flyover and take a left from DBR Mills, on towards Tank Bund Main Road. This way you would not have to take a U-Turn on Tank Bund or at Sailing Club Annexe.
Old 5th February 2010, 15:10   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
If you are driving from Hyderabad side of Tank Bund, then I would suggest you to take the Secretariat Flyover and take a left from DBR Mills, on towards Tank Bund Main Road. This way you would not have to take a U-Turn on Tank Bund or at Sailing Club Annexe.
There is a verge at Sailing Club Annexe and U-Turn is not possible. U-Turn is possible only at RP Road MG Road Junction.

Going from Secunderabad side to Basheerbagh side on Tank Bund, you need to park in the 2nd car parking on your left side after the stop signal. You will see the Bade Miyan board.

And if you do not see it in the 2nd parking, try the 3rd one
Old 5th February 2010, 15:53   #1338
BHPian

New venues and ideas for eating out in Hyderabad / Secunderabad.

1) Mainland China has shut shop on Road No. 1, Banjara Hills. However, they have not left Hyderabad but shifted to a new venue. This new venue is exactly opposite Walden and just after ITC Grand Kakatiya. They have 3 different restaurants in this new venue : (a) Flame & Grill ; (b) Sigree ; (c) Mainland China ;

2) Hall of Fame Sports Grill has started on Road No. 36, Jubilee Hills ; Tel. 6451 6969 / 6452 6969. They claim "Come for the Game, Stay for the Food".

3) Kanki's Hub of Restaurants & Banquets, Behind LG Showroom, MLA Colony, Road No. 12, Banjara Hills ; Tel. 6535 5569. Their punchline "Ten reasons to visit one address". Multi-Cuisine Restaurant ; South Indian Cuisine & Andhra Meals ; Grills, Lunch Buffets & More ; Molecular Gastronomy Cuisine ; Ice Creams ; Tasty Chaat ; Patthar Ka Gosht, Grills & More ; Exotic & Healthy Fruits & Juices ; Coffee & Quick Bites ; Banquet Halls ;

This Kanki's feels it may be just like SVM on Road No. 36, Jubilee Hills.

4) TGIF introduces "Dinner For Two" @ Rs. 299 per person everyday after 7 pm. They have a 3 course menu : A shared Appetizer, One Entree & One Dessert each from a select menu.

5) "Excess" is back. I had read on this thread that they were closed for renovation. Yesterday, I saw a board on the ground floor of HICC that they have live music on 06-Feb-10.
Old 5th February 2010, 18:03   #1339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
3) Kanki's Hub of Restaurants & Banquets, Behind LG Showroom, MLA Colony, Road No. 12, Banjara Hills ; Tel. 6535 5569. Their punchline "Ten reasons to visit one address". Multi-Cuisine Restaurant ; South Indian Cuisine & Andhra Meals ; Grills, Lunch Buffets & More ; Molecular Gastronomy Cuisine ; Ice Creams ; Tasty Chaat ; Patthar Ka Gosht, Grills & More ; Exotic & Healthy Fruits & Juices ; Coffee & Quick Bites ; Banquet Halls ;

This Kanki's feels it may be just like SVM on Road No. 36, Jubilee Hills.
These folks practically bugged me with thousand sms about them opening this restuarant. Offer is Rs.229 per head lunch.

Go 4 and pay for 3. Nothing great shakes in that offer.

Quote:
4) TGIF introduces "Dinner For Two" @ Rs. 299 per person everyday after 7 pm. They have a 3 course menu : A shared Appetizer, One Entree & One Dessert each from a select menu.
Sirji, looks like you too read the TOI this morning.

Quote:
5) "Excess" is back. I had read on this thread that they were closed for renovation. Yesterday, I saw a board on the ground floor of HICC that they have live music on 06-Feb-10.
Same thing. Outlined in TOI

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th February 2010 at 18:04.
Old 7th February 2010, 13:05   #1340
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening me + 4 friends spent a lovely evening at " Hotel Ebony" near KBR Park in J.Hills

As we all know, there is an offer of Rs.520 ( All Inclusive) includes beverages,snacks and a full fledged buffet.

Ambience is fantastic and is 3* quality

Wide choice of beverage selection and they were going overboard in their service which is a first and an absolute "rare" thing to see these days.

Snacks
Tandoori Chicken ( in small pieces)
Fish Fry
Hong Kong Chicken
Veg Spring Rolls
Dum Aloo Fry
Stuffed Mushroom
Cheese Balls

Main Course
Too many items including C.Biryani

Dessert
Fruit Platter
Strawberry Ice-Cream
Choc Mousse

Except Hong Kong Chicken, every dish was mind-blowing and i am not kidding. Tandoori Chicken blew my friends away. Awesome marination, spices beautifully flavoured and chicken just fell of the bone, it was that well cooked.

Usually, in such places the food taste is not really great. but, we were amazed at the quality of food and i called the Chef specially and paid my best compliments to him.

Main Course had a wide spread and same thing here, every dish was good. C. Biryani was also good but it was cold so just had a spoon

C. Mousse simply blew all of us away. Ram, are you listening?

For the price we paid, it was one of the best VFM deal that i ever encountered. And, these folks were practically standing by the table to take care of you....Maybe because its a new place. Whatever, great job !!
Old 7th February 2010, 16:56   #1341
BHPian

A lazy sunday and no agenda for the day, so went shoe shopping after gorging on 5 plates of idli at Pragati Tiffins.

Taking a U-Turn below the old airport flyover was a compulsion, after shopping at Reebok at Begumpet, and that put B&C in my line of sight so ended up at Bottles & Chimney for a spot of lunch.

They have a lunch platter offer every day @ 149/- + 5 % Service Charge + 14.5 % Vat which includes a pre plated meal of your choice from the extensive choices out of Asian, Continental and Indian Cuisine. The food includes a complimentary glass of beverage (fresh lime, coca cola or a pint) and also dessert (today was vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce).

The diners at B&C were just 3 of us. This halt at B&C was real VFM.
Old 8th February 2010, 17:52   #1342
Distinguished - BHPian

Itna sanata kyon hai bhai idhar?

Looks like everyone had their meals at home last weekend....LOL
Old 8th February 2010, 18:23   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Itna sanata kyon hai bhai idhar?

Looks like everyone had their meals at home last weekend....LOL
Well yes!!!

Bidisha wanted to eat Lasagne but wasn't in a mood to go out. Plus there aren't any good Italian joints as well. So I decided to cook Lasagne last night at home. Ingredients and their prices:
  1. Lasagne Sheets - Rs 240 /- for 500 Gms (Had to drive to Hypercity, Inorbit mall as it was not available anywhere else)
  2. Mozzarella & Cheddar Cheese - Rs 370/-
  3. Chicken Mince - Rs 240/- (Lamb was sold out at Supermarkets. Will try the meat variety in a few days)
  4. Glass Casserole for baking - Rs 370/-
Now I think going to a restaurant would have been more VFM apart from saving on time and effort.
Old 8th February 2010, 18:54   #1344
BHPian

The last weekend was exciting on the food front.

Friday Lunch
Been to Indijoe on Friday for Lunch with a couple of my buddies at Office. It was total VFM. A lavish spread with awesome variety. The Menu was well spread with great variety to choose from, right from Pizza to Pasta, Appetizers to die for and lovely main course.

Had Non-Veg Pizza, Veg Pizza, Fried Pomfret Fish, Chicken Wings, Awesome variety of Pasta's, different types of breads, Veg Snacks, Fried Rice, Noodles, Biryani and etc etc etc. Desserts comprised of Malpoha, Apple Pudding Pie, Variety of Pastries, Mixed Fruit Tart, 3 types of Ice Creams, Fresh Cut Fruits and Chocolate Fondue.

Overall a well spead lunch buffet for those HUNGRY SOULS

Friday Dinner @ Meera Devi Dhaba
Friday Night dinner was reserved for my buddies, whom I haven't met in a long time. So we planned for a Dinner Outing to our favourite Dhaba "Meera Devi Dhaba". Way way beyond the regular Dhaba's @ Bowenpally.

Meera Devi Dhaba is good 50 Kms drive from the City. It is beyond Kalakal Village on the Nagpur-Akola Highway. Love the spacious Dhaba with its Rustic look. An authentic roadside Dhaba feel with good food. Been a regular patron to Meera Devi Dhaba for the past 6 years, so kindda know many people there. Used to love their Rabbit Fry, but offlate, special thanks to Forest Department guys, they stopped selling it.

Anyways, love their Pepper Chicken, Paneer 65 & Butter Chicken with fresh Malai.

Dent in the pocket: Rs. 1000/- including discount.
2 Pepper Chicken
2 Paneer 65
1 Butter Chicken with Malai
14 Rotis
3 Dal Fry
3 Zeera Rice
6 Soft Drinks
2 Mineral Water
Misc Stuff
Old 8th February 2010, 20:58   #1345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
(Lamb was sold out at Supermarkets.
I came to know there is a Lamb(i) strike since last 2-3 days and is not available anywhere. Even restuarants arent serving it.
Old 9th February 2010, 00:06   #1346
BHPian

may be off topic... did anyone tried doing grill at home(charcoal based) in Hyderabad.. We used to do it in US..
I recently seen SPAR selling them here.. Any experience...

Thx.
Old 9th February 2010, 07:53   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
may be off topic... did anyone tried doing grill at home(charcoal based) in Hyderabad.. We used to do it in US..

Thx.
Yes, I have been grilling in my apartment's balcony for the past 10 years or so using Kabsons Kabuchi and have always managed to fail with prawns. One time even took it to Himayatsagar and had a picnic grill party there.

The special feature of Kabuchi is that it uses some special stones which on heating give out the charcoal effect and are re-usable. The heat is generated from the LPG cylinder attached to it. Thus one gets charcoal smell and flavour by using LPG and is totally non messy.
Old 9th February 2010, 09:50   #1348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thx.
The small grill available at SPAR is totally useless. So I use charcoal and wire mesh grill to BBQ.
Old 9th February 2010, 11:10   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thx.
A friend of mine got a charcoal based grill for 700/-. Its a full-fledged one. I think he got it from SultanBazar. I will be visiting him shortly, if possible I will get a pic of it. I am planning to buy it, if it looks good!!

A bag of coal will be 300 to 350/-. It should last for a life time....lol (unless you do BBQ every weekend!!
Old 9th February 2010, 11:22   #1350
BHPian

I purchased a Charcoal based BBQ Station from Afzal Gunj for 400/-. Pretty good in size. Easy to carry around & doesnot get messy as the residue is collected at the box at the bottom. These are mostly custom made at Afzal Gunj and are true VFM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks