Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 14:22   #1531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Its about my new favorite haunt " Sholay"......
Thanks for the recommendation Mobike. We liked the place. Ordered tamatar shorba and a starter, a paneer dish, some stuffed capsicum, raita, the assorted roti basket and moong dal ka halwa and kulfi falooda.

Everything was reasonably good - the soup, the paneer and the rotis especially. Except the kulfi falooda which was a disappointment. But on the whole a good experience. Bill for four - about Rs.1300/-.

Last edited by straightdrive : 10th May 2010 at 14:23.
Old 10th May 2010, 14:24   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hillram went there on Saturday
I landed up with my 4 friends and family at Sholay on Saturday night as it was recommended by our Food guru mobike 008.
The ambience is totally from Ramgarh,there is a water tank in the middle of the restaurant,same one on which Veeru (Dharmender) climbs to commit suicide when Basanti refuses his proposal.

What we ordered:
1 mocktail - Rs.75
Veg Kabab Platter - Rs.175
Chicken Malai Kabab - Rs.175
Basket of Rotis - Rs.150
Kastha Roti - Rs.25
Bhatinda de kukkad - Rs.150
Sarsong Ka Sag with Makhiki Roti - Rs.150
Paneer Butter Masala - Rs.150
Thumbs up was free flowing
Moong Dal Halwa - Rs.125

The food was awesome and i felt stuffed even after 24 hrs.
Total Damages : Rs.2100
Old 10th May 2010, 15:01   #1533
BHPian

you guys have sold 'sholay' so much , i think i need to have dinner there tonight.anybody game ?
Old 10th May 2010, 15:24   #1534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
Thanks for the recommendation Mobike. We liked the place. Ordered tamatar shorba and a starter, a paneer dish, some stuffed capsicum, raita, the assorted roti basket and moong dal ka halwa and kulfi falooda.

Everything was reasonably good - the soup, the paneer and the rotis especially. Except the kulfi falooda which was a disappointment. But on the whole a good experience. Bill for four - about Rs.1300/-.
Glad that you liked Lakshman. I was there at 10pm and saw a UV-A parked outside so thought you were still there. But, later on realized it was a silver one. What time you left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I landed up with my 4 friends and family at Sholay on Saturday night as it was recommended by our Food guru mobike 008.
The ambience is totally from Ramgarh,there is a water tank in the middle of the restaurant,same one on which Veeru (Dharmender) climbs to commit suicide when Basanti refuses his proposal.

What we ordered:
1 mocktail - Rs.75
Veg Kabab Platter - Rs.175
Chicken Malai Kabab - Rs.175
Basket of Rotis - Rs.150
Kastha Roti - Rs.25
Bhatinda de kukkad - Rs.150
Sarsong Ka Sag with Makhiki Roti - Rs.150
Paneer Butter Masala - Rs.150
Thumbs up was free flowing
Moong Dal Halwa - Rs.125

The food was awesome and i felt stuffed even after 24 hrs.
Total Damages : Rs.2100
Ram, i am happy you enjoyed your meal. Its a nice place for some decently made food. I like their tandoori rotis, they make it quite good.

I am noticing that the restuarant which used to be almost empty is now regularly half-full. Looks like my word of mouth is spreading like wild fire and i need to accost them and ask for a quid-pro-quo

Btw, the price mentioned for Bathinda De Kukkad is incorrect. Its Rs.200. I had the same dish last night and its simply outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
you guys have sold 'sholay' so much , i think i need to have dinner there tonight.anybody game ?
LOL...Another convert? Eh?

RR, if you go there tonight. Order your thumbs up and then ask for their tandi chicken kebabs, quite good and wrap up your dinner with :-

Bathinde De Kukkad ( Chicken Gravy Dish)...ask him to make it little spicy and rotis...i am sure you will like it.

Bon Apetite

Trick to make sure the food served is consistent/better : I always tell them, last time i was here, i ordered bathende de kukkad and it was not really well made and i was not too happy with it but, coming again due to some people recommending this place...so can you please pay a little more attention this time.

Same for Mutton Biryani...LOL

Voila, they come hovering over your table and make sure your happy with their dish this time....hahahah!
Old 10th May 2010, 18:02   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Been long since i've ventured out for Lunch/Dinner with my family. Wandered out on Saturday for dinner and reached Waves, Hotel Sohail, Malakpet as we were returning home after visting a couple of cousins
Order:
Tandoori Prawns
Afghani Chicken
Masala Kulcha
Butter Naan
Boneless Mutton Biryani
2 x Kinley Mineral Water
:slurp: :slurp:
Man that sounds tasty and tempting, can you please mention the exact location of this place???

I would like to try some time in the next week!!!
Old 10th May 2010, 18:16   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
:slurp: :slurp:
Man that sounds tasty and tempting, can you please mention the exact location of this place???

I would like to try some time in the next week!!!
Raj Saab, this place is very very easy to locate. I will give you the best route to reach here.

Once you reach Malakpet, take the Flyover on the left, which takes you towards Saidabad/Santosh Nagar and etc. Once you alight the flyover, look towards your right. You will see Hotel Sohail/Waves. Its on the main road. I really doubt if you would miss it.
Old 10th May 2010, 19:14   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
I am noticing that the restuarant which used to be almost empty is now regularly half-full. Looks like my word of mouth is spreading like wild fire and i need to accost them and ask for a quid-pro-quo
But you must be getting the royal treatment I am sure!

I will make it a point to visit this place when I'm in Hyderabad next time!
Old 10th May 2010, 19:17   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
But you must be getting the royal treatment I am sure!
Avi always gets ROYAL TREATEMENT, where ever he goes. Every restaurant should pay him a handsome royalty for every visit by a Team-BHP member to their outlet.
Old 10th May 2010, 21:46   #1539
BHPian

Haldi @ Novotel near Airport

Went to Haldi a few days back as was with a friend who had a late night flight to catch. It is rather dimly lit and quite deserted - gets to some life after 9:30.

It was sold as "contemporary Indian restraunt" so had some hopes. Rather than going thru the menu, decides on set meals - they seem have multiple combos between 1200 and 700 INR. so choose 700 one which comes with Thandai, Soup, choices of veg/non-veg dishes/choice of daal, sweet dish etc.

I got something akin to Masala Coconut water - with Honey, Mint and a few more things - essentially it spoilt the cocunut water taste completely. Not recommended. Choose some other drink.

Food in general was subtle - right amount of spices and cooked right. Only complaint - some dishes had more salt than my liking. My friend found the mutton dish and chicken worthwhile.

Fruit Salad was a disaster. Thandai is also avoidable.

Damages: approx 2000 for two with one round of drinks.

Not sure if it is Value for Many or Value for Money. But I might just go there for relaxed seating area if I have time to kill and dont want to be disturbed.

Pool side tables allow smoking in case anyone wants to know
Old 11th May 2010, 08:49   #1540
BHPian

Sholay it is!

Yup.. as stated earlier was at 'sholay' yesterday evening and + 1 to everyone who've been there.i liked the place ,not sure why it was empty considering the theme and the food was amazing.

chicken shorba
tandoori chicken
bathinda da kukkad ( signature dish must say)
rumali roties

total bill with tips inr 700 for 2 people.

R.I.P MacMohan a.k.a Samba from Sholay.
Old 11th May 2010, 09:09   #1541
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yup.. as stated earlier was at 'sholay' yesterday evening and + 1 to everyone who've been there.i liked the place ,not sure why it was empty considering the theme and the food was amazing.

chicken shorba
tandoori chicken
bathinda da kukkad ( signature dish must say)
rumali roties

total bill with tips inr 700 for 2 people.

R.I.P MacMohan a.k.a Samba from Sholay.
Wow, you too liked it. Nice to know that.

Its but natural to probably have a "Sholay Meet" sometime in near future
Old 11th May 2010, 18:45   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Glad that you liked Lakshman. I was there at 10pm and saw a UV-A parked outside so thought you were still there. But, later on realized it was a silver one. What time you left?.....

Bathinde De Kukkad ( Chicken Gravy Dish)...ask him to make it little spicy and rotis...i am sure you will like it.....
Left a little before 10 so it must have been someone else's car. Need to try this Bathinde de kukkad next time.

Quote:
.........i liked the place ,not sure why it was empty considering the theme and the food was amazing....
Yes it was hardly a quarter full when I was there and that too on a Sunday evening.
Old 12th May 2010, 11:12   #1543
BHPian

"Sholay" will soon start offering 20 % discount to Team-BHP members.

This is a result of my chance meeting with Mr Sumit Sen today morning near the elevator of Hidden Treasure at Somajiguda.

At least the discount has been finalised.

How the staff will come to know to whom the discount has to be given is yet to be worked out.

Keep following this thread to know the procedure on how to get the discount, that is, if you want the discount.
Old 12th May 2010, 11:49   #1544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
"Sholay" will soon start offering 20 % discount to Team-BHP members.

This is a result of my chance meeting with Mr Sumit Sen today morning near the elevator of Hidden Treasure at Somajiguda.

At least the discount has been finalised.

How the staff will come to know to whom the discount has to be given is yet to be worked out.

Keep following this thread to know the procedure on how to get the discount, that is, if you want the discount.
Bajaj saab, thanks for your efforts. You have just made up my mind to spend more there.

If discount is 20% flat on the bill, then i "promise" to go there atleast once a week.
Old 12th May 2010, 12:36   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Guys went to Amrutha Castle yesterday night for Dinner. Ate at their Salzburg Street restaurant(I hope I got the name right).Was amazed to see their menu card, such reasonable prices.We were not expecting it. Good food ,friendly , cheerful staff to serve. Liked the decor of the restaurant, nice ambience. A must visit I would say.

Most Viewed