Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 10:57   #1621
Senior - BHPian

For special occassions, Zafran Exotica, opposite Audi Showroom, Road No. 12 (you can as well visit the Audi showroom if you want to).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post

So i need your inputs and help , its my better half's birthday on sunday and told her i will plan the day ,till now nothing is done ...HELP!!!
i need to take her out to lunch and then planning to go down to the lake , is it worth it ?
lake, which lake? Secret lake??

Quote:
dinner i thought i will order some food , i have a cranky 7 month baby so going out for dinner is a no-no , the only chinese restaurant who will deliver is peking palace , is that a good place
i live in malaysian township
Malaysian Township ke abkey aur puraney gaavwalon is bechari ki madhath karon .
Old 21st May 2010, 11:21   #1622
BHPian

is zafrana nirvana better than exotica?

thanks for that kkr2k2 , i didnot get the latter part of your comment though. bad at hindi
Old 21st May 2010, 11:51   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Malaysian Township ke abkey aur puraney gaavwalon is bechari ki madhath karon .
Quote:
thanks for that kkr2k2 , i didnot get the latter part of your comment though. bad at hindi
KKR2K2 said "Present & Past Inhabitants of Malaysian Township, please help this poor guy"

BTW, did you copy paste kkr2k2 from his ID? You got it right the first time itself.
Raj Bhai, he typed your ID as it is, looks like someone atlast has typed your ID right.

Last edited by traveloholic : 21st May 2010 at 11:52.
Old 21st May 2010, 12:05   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the only chinese restaurant who will deliver is peking palace , is that a good place
Since it's a Sunday (traffic will be tolerable on Malaysian Township road), you can also be able to pick up the Chinese Food from Wang's Kitchen below HDFC Bank, opposite Cyber Towers.
Old 21st May 2010, 12:11   #1625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
For special occassions, Zafran Exotica, opposite Audi Showroom, Road No. 12 (you can as well visit the Audi showroom if you want to).
Zaafraan Exotica is best visited for dinners as the ambience is almost surreal.

Quote:
guys . i am finally in hyderabad .... and survived the heat and finally some pleasant weather , so wonderful

So i need your inputs and help , its my better half's birthday on sunday and told her i will plan the day ,till now nothing is done ...HELP!!!
i need to take her out to lunch and then planning to go down to the lake , is it worth it ?
where do i take her to lunch ? please recommendations
dinner i thought i will order some food , i have a cranky 7 month baby so going out for dinner is a no-no , the only chinese restaurant who will deliver is peking palace , is that a good place

look forward to your replies , thanks
If you planning to visit Tank Bund ( Lake that you mentioned), then since its a special occasion, please go to waterfront on necklace road, you can opt to sit inside ( best during night again) or you can sit on the wooden decks by the lake for a nice lunch and then drive down to other side for a boat ride in the lake.

Another good option close to tank bund is Ohris in basheerbagh. Under one roof, you can opt for 4 different cuisines ( Multicuisine, Chinese and Peshwari)

No clue about Kukatpally, i am a downtown guy

Quote:
is zafrana nirvana better than exotica?).
Price wise Nirvana is better ( read..costlier) than exotica. Both places have mind blowing ambience. I regularly visit exotica ( to save a few pennies over Nirvana...LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Raj Bhai, he typed your ID as it is, looks like someone atlast has typed your ID right.

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st May 2010 at 12:13.
Old 21st May 2010, 12:16   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Since it's a Sunday (traffic will be tolerable on Malaysian Township road), you can also be able to pick up the Chinese Food from Wang's Kitchen below HDFC Bank, opposite Cyber Towers.
super sad food! too much oil ! shanghai chef is still better
Old 21st May 2010, 12:18   #1627
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
No clue about Kukatpally, i am a downtown guy

I guess most foodie guys, would rather live in the Heart of the city.
Even if it means a 14-18 km drive to office everyday.

Best place to live is the area from Himayath Nagar (Where Avi lives) till Banjara Hills (Masab Tank, where I live) along the Lakdi ka pul road.

Some parts of Secunderabad are also very good.

This JNTU area somehow never adds up. Its a good residential place. But foodwise, never really tempted me to even consider living there.
Old 21st May 2010, 13:05   #1628
BHPian

true , this place is not that great for food , but this is the only place my wife had some friends in hyd , so this is where we are staying till we come to understand this city ., next year we will figure where to buy a place

okay so exotica is cheaper than nirvana , okay then lunch at exotica , any recommended food items?
Old 21st May 2010, 13:06   #1629
BHPian

A foodie would not detest from travelling for long if the food is good. We've on the luckier side, we don't have to travel much for good food. We loitter around the lane and we have something to satiate us.
Old 21st May 2010, 13:16   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
super sad food! too much oil ! shanghai chef is still better
+1 to that. Plus the prices are lower as well at Shanghai Chef. I drive from Punjagutta there to eat.
Old 21st May 2010, 13:35   #1631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A foodie would not detest from travelling for long if the food is good. We've on the luckier side, we don't have to travel much for good food. We loitter around the lane and we have something to satiate us.
Spoken like a true foodie. Infact, i love travelling a little distance for good food. Thats one reason that i dont frequent all those joints in Himaythnagar.

Quote:
true , this place is not that great for food , but this is the only place my wife had some friends in hyd , so this is where we are staying till we come to understand this city ., next year we will figure where to buy a place

okay so exotica is cheaper than nirvana , okay then lunch at exotica , any recommended food items?
You can say that again. No offense to anyone living in Kukatpally. But, IMO, it still feels like a village that turned into a bustling mini-town.

I maybe biased because i was fortunate to live in heart of the city all my life.

btw, edit your location please

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I guess most foodie guys, would rather live in the Heart of the city.
Even if it means a 14-18 km drive to office everyday.

Best place to live is the area from Himayath Nagar (Where Avi lives) till Banjara Hills (Masab Tank, where I live) along the Lakdi ka pul road.

Some parts of Secunderabad are also very good.

This JNTU area somehow never adds up. Its a good residential place. But foodwise, never really tempted me to even consider living there.
Well said Imran. I am surrounded by amazing restuarants with an equi-distance of 0-6 or 7 kms N/W/S/E

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st May 2010 at 13:36.
Old 21st May 2010, 17:47   #1632
Distinguished - BHPian

Have an office party at Swagat De Royal, Kondapur from 6:30pm onwards.

This is my first time there, anybody been there before? How's the food?
Old 21st May 2010, 17:59   #1633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Have an office party at Swagat De Royal, Kondapur from 6:30pm onwards.

This is my first time there, anybody been there before? How's the food?
I have been there once for a party and I found it lousy.

Do report back your opinion.

Cheers,
Old 21st May 2010, 19:40   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Here is a small story: I was about to leave Hyderabad due to change in my job location and the previous night it struck me hard, "man I am going to miss Hyderabadi Biriyani and don't know when I will be eating it again"!!. That night it was raining heavily and I was determined to eat that last Biriyani. I took my bike off from Madhapur and rode all the way to Bawarchi. ..I was drenched completely and people in the hotel were staring at me!! but, it was worth it!!
Old 21st May 2010, 19:48   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Here is a small story: I was about to leave Hyderabad due to change in my job location and the previous night it struck me hard, "man I am going to miss Hyderabadi Biriyani and don't know when I will be eating it again"!!. That night it was raining heavily and I was determined to eat that last Biriyani. I took my bike off from Madhapur and rode all the way to Bawarchi. ..I was drenched completely and people in the hotel were staring at me!! but, it was worth it!!
That's the spirit. If you want to have it, then nothing can stop you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks