Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 11:18   #1726
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
shanghai chef: above big c mobile shop opposite mithra agency -madhapur

wantons: as soon as you cross the gachibowli junction (if coming from tolichowki ) it will come on your left.

taste+ ambience wise wantons is better ,shanghai chef is good in terms of pricing
+1 on that. Wantons is best in terms of taste and slightly expensive but not too much. Next comes CP and after than Shangai Chef.

Wantons is right above Domino Pizza on the Gachibowli road just after the ORR crossroads and will fall on your left hand side.

@SyedIrfan, almost every restuarant offers a lunch buffet these days ( only way to attract crowd during day hours).

Dinner buffets are rare and few but, here are some places you can call before landing up there :-

1. Amrutha Castle
2. Gufaa ( Currently something is going on there)
3. Golkonda Hotel
4. Ohris 70MM
5. Moksh
6. Pickles ( Basera Hotel, Secbad)
7. Tulips ( Green Park)

Above is from top of my head. All other restuarants believe in a-la-carte for dinners as they know for sure that crowd would come in and they dont have to resort to buffets to pull in the crowds.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:10   #1727
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody tried out the relatively new chinese place open next to Ohri's Road 12,Banjara.I cant remember the name.The exteriors look pretty impressive
Old 4th June 2010, 12:17   #1728
Senior - BHPian

I went to Hyderabad Boats Club a few days back for Dinner. Previously there was some construction going on for refurbishing the kitchen. This visit of mine was after a gap of good 1 month so saw quite a few changes, like new kitchen and new catering contractor.

And surprise, surprise! 36 Chattees Group has taken the catering. Prices are same but the quantities have increased and the cutlery is also new.

Overall the place has become better. May be time to have another meet there.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:24   #1729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Has anybody tried out the relatively new chinese place open next to Ohri's Road 12,Banjara.I cant remember the name.The exteriors look pretty impressive
Thats a good lead. I have noticed that chinese place (right next to Ohris and slightly inside from roadside covered by trees i think and you tend to miss this place as its bang on that turning) several times and really liked the ambience from outside.

Never got the opportunity to go there till date. Will try it next time i get a chinese urge.

Btw, its not a new joint, if i am not wrong i noticed this restuarant first time around 1-2 years ago.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:28   #1730
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried PAKVAAN restaurent, near tarbund circle, opp BAR ONE.
Biriyani and tandoori chicken is awesome.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:30   #1731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Avi Bhai: Another place for you to visit and give us review
Old 4th June 2010, 12:38   #1732
Senior - BHPian

I have been there many times, very reasonably priced restaurent.
55 Rs for an egg biriyani, and Rs 50 for a veg biriyani. Full tandoori at 120.
Opened till late night, has ample parking space.

Also please try MUTTON CHOPS at Gulf Bakery & Restaurent, near bowenpally circle.

Cheng's Kitchen is my favourite joint for chinese.Its located above Spencers, ahead of DPS secunderabad.I have been visiting this place since 2004. The same was earlier located near Daimond Point.very reasonably priced restaurent.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 4th June 2010 at 12:53. Reason: New Comments
Old 4th June 2010, 13:21   #1733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A friend of mine visited that place a couple of times and he too was raving about the biryani. Will try it out sometime in future ( not near though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Avi Bhai: Another place for you to visit and give us review
You know my vow? My cleansing process will last a few more days

Quote:
I have been there many times, very reasonably priced restaurent.
55 Rs for an egg biriyani, and Rs 50 for a veg biriyani. Full tandoori at 120.
Opened till late night, has ample parking space.

Also please try MUTTON CHOPS at Gulf Bakery & Restaurent, near bowenpally circle.

Cheng's Kitchen is my favourite joint for chinese.Its located above Spencers, ahead of DPS secunderabad.I have been visiting this place since 2004. The same was earlier located near Daimond Point.very reasonably priced restaurent.
I had those chops at Gulf Bakery ( its the same one at the turning..right) and agree they are good.

And also use to visit Cheng when my office use to be in Sikh Village a few years ago. Never was a fan of it though

Another favorite bakery ( unable to recollect the name) is the one right on the crossroad of Diamond Point. Their chicken cutlets are the best in hyderabad and probably just above to Mountain Bakery in Banjara Hills with regards to quality.
Old 4th June 2010, 13:40   #1734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
A friend of mine visited that place a couple of times and he too was raving about the biryani. Will try it out sometime in future ( not near though)

You know my vow? My cleansing process will last a few more days

I had those chops at Gulf Bakery ( its the same one at the turning..right) and agree they are good.

And also use to visit Cheng when my office use to be in Sikh Village a few years ago. Never was a fan of it though

Another favorite bakery ( unable to recollect the name) is the one right on the crossroad of Diamond Point. Their chicken cutlets are the best in hyderabad and probably just above to Mountain Bakery in Banjara Hills with regards to quality.
(Another favorite bakery ( unable to recollect the name) is the one right on the crossroad of Diamond Point.)

That is Cindrella Bakery.
Did you visit cake magic bakery which is near center point hotel.? Their chicken cutlets are better than cindrella and mountain.
Old 4th June 2010, 13:44   #1735
BHPian

Quote:
I have noticed that chinese place (right next to Ohris and slightly inside from roadside covered by trees i think and you tend to miss this place as its bang on that turning) several times and really liked the ambience from outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Just for the record, its SINOVA

Quote:
Never got the opportunity to go there till date. Will try it next time i get a chinese urge.
Avi Bhai, worth the try. Food's good but the rates are a bit on the higher side. The food & ambience is kindda authentic Chinese. I would say, a good change for sure. I personally loved their Jumbo Prawns & Mushrooms. They were awesome. Been there once with a couple of my friends about 2 months ago.

Quote:
Btw, its not a new joint, if i am not wrong i noticed this restuarant first time around 1-2 years ago.
I defer on this, there was another eatery at its place earlier. They've leased it out to these guys recently. I believe this is about 6-8 months old.

Quote:
Also try their Chicken Fried Rice, I find it to be very very good. Still remember the Chicken Burger we used to have at Gulf Bakery. I miss those good old days.

Quote:
Silverwood, are you referring to Chin's Chinese Room? I've been to Chin's Chinese Room at Sikh Village, near Diamond Point a number of times. A lovely Chinese Grub Hub for sure. Always used to attack Chin's and Sher-E-Punjab Dhaba for the much needed grub during college days, especially during Combined Studies & Night Out's
Old 4th June 2010, 13:50   #1736
Senior - BHPian

My two cents.

A small dhaba cum hotel run by a Andhrite couple opposite Dhola-ri-dhani.

They serve andhra meals and their chicken fry is awesome.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 4th June 2010 at 14:03.
Old 4th June 2010, 13:54   #1737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Just for the record, its SINOVA

Avi Bhai, worth the try. Food's good but the rates are a bit on the higher side. The food & ambience is kindda authentic Chinese. I would say, a good change for sure. I personally loved their Jumbo Prawns & Mushrooms. They were awesome. Been there once with a couple of my friends about 2 months ago.

I defer on this, there was another eatery at its place earlier. They've leased it out to these guys recently. I believe this is about 6-8 months old.

Also try their Chicken Fried Rice, I find it to be very very good. Still remember the Chicken Burger we used to have at Gulf Bakery. I miss those good old days.

Silverwood, are you referring to Chin's Chinese Room? I've been to Chin's Chinese Room at Sikh Village, near Diamond Point a number of times. A lovely Chinese Grub Hub for sure. Always used to attack Chin's and Sher-E-Punjab Dhaba for the much needed grub during college days, especially during Combined Studies & Night Out's
Its Cheng's Kitchen. This was earlier near diamond point en route to karkhana police station, kodali guest suite's building.

Its relocated now ahead of DPS, above spencers store.
Old 4th June 2010, 14:12   #1738
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody tried Rajdhani gujrati thali,Big Bazaar. Awesome thali.Have been there couple of times, but i was a frequent customer of Rajdhani when i was in Delhi. Their Gurgoan outlet was great.They will keep feeding you till you plead them to stop.
Old 4th June 2010, 14:25   #1739
Distinguished - BHPian

Yup, been there and done it ( with Rajdhani Thali). If you want a more authectic and rustic gujju thali, try the pragati one, its quite refreshing and pretty homely types.

Now a days the rave is Rs.375 wala thali at Jalvihar?? ( Dadus at Himayathangar).

Rajesh Rawal had it recently and was full of praise.

I didnt visit because its a stone's throw away from home. I usually dont go to such places

Btw, Silverwood, looks like your on rampage on this thread. Have you been on Hyderabad Food Darshan offlate?

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th June 2010 at 14:26.
Old 4th June 2010, 14:34   #1740
BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody tried Rajdhani gujrati thali,Big Bazaar. Awesome thali.Have been there couple of times, but i was a frequent customer of Rajdhani when i was in Delhi. Their Gurgoan outlet was great.They will keep feeding you till you plead them to stop.
Its Gujrati + Rajasthani Thali. i like there service model. 1 item, no delay and you complete your meal in 20 minutes flat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks