Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 11:39   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
This on the road to Karvy in Banjara Hills. From Road no. 1 take a right towards Karvy. Just before Talwalkar, you'll see a Utupura board pointing inside a small lane . Utupura Restaurant
Well if its a takeaway place,then I would definitely reccomend Bhaba's Chulha in Somajiguda in the Ratnadeep bldg,rolls plus authentic Bong food,they are shifting to the Neeru's bldg at the beginning of Raj Bhavan Road(from Begumpet side),the new place has sitting place as well,would be worth a try.
Old 15th June 2010, 11:42   #1832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Well if its a takeaway place,then I would definitely reccomend Bhaba's Chulha in Somajiguda in the Ratnadeep bldg,rolls plus authentic Bong food,they are shifting to the Neeru's bldg at the beginning of Raj Bhavan Road(from Begumpet side),the new place has sitting place as well,would be worth a try.
I thought Baba Chulha's was a North Indian place. Do they serve Mallu cuisine as well?
Old 15th June 2010, 11:45   #1833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslamHussain View Post
Kheema and egg does not sound like a very good combination! Sorry but its just my personal opinion.
They are not cooked together.The egg yolk ( from boiled egg) is mashed. then mixed when kheema is 95% cooked and Decorated with egg whites. (cut into rings or threads)

This has been my favourite kheema dish.
Old 15th June 2010, 11:46   #1834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I thought Baba Chulha's was a North Indian place. Do they serve Mallu cuisine as well?
Ani, Ranjit is suggesting Bong food. Subah Subah start hogaya kya aaj?
Old 15th June 2010, 11:49   #1835
Senior - BHPian

Avinash, yaar ek bongy dinner meet plan karte hain.

Betw; I just came to know from one of my colleague that calcutta cabin is owned by a female, who happens to be her schoolmate from jamshedpur. Discount to pakka hai bhai. They are planning to open one more branch at Hitech city.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 15th June 2010 at 12:02. Reason: Comments.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:17   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nopes Anirudha,its got a section on NI as well as an entire section on Bengali food as well,the egg kasha etc seemed to go down well with methey are shifting location from the 17th,we always call ahead around 10mins before so that by the time we reach there,the takeaway is ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
hehe food and me cant be far away.morning or night what difference it makes

btw landed up at BBq nation yday,the usual fare(read that as excellent)dinner is now priced at 601 net and lunch at 275net.I definitely think buffet goers in the city need to bear in mind that there are others eating in the restaurant as well,found people walking and eating all around the restaurant with plates in their hands and whats worse is I saw people picking up pieces of cucumber/onions/tomatoes/the fried dishes with their hands standing next to the buffet tables and popping it into their mouths.GROSS.Looks like the use of spoons etc is an idea that is lost on them.sigh

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff :
Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.
Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by bblost : 15th June 2010 at 12:45. Reason: Check post for details.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:22   #1837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Boss my confusion stemmed from the fact that he had quoted my Mallu Cuisine restaurant to write bong food. For more clarity please check my FB. Some good discussion is just about taking shape :P
Old 15th June 2010, 12:34   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Anirudh bhai.
Where is this joint Utupura.? Zara hum bhi chaken mallu food.
Quote:
This on the road to Karvy in Banjara Hills. From Road no. 1 take a right towards Karvy. Just before Talwalkar, you'll see a Utupura board pointing inside a small lane . Utupura Restaurant
Alternate route to Utupura : On Road No. 1 while driving from Mehdipatnam towards Punjagutta, cross City Center Mall keeping it on your left, cross the next plot (under contruction) which belongs to an ex-DGP of Police, turn left into the lane (more or less opposite the bus stand of Taj Krishna), continue in the lane till the end and turn left, Utupura is on the first floor in the apartment building on your left.
If approaching from Punjagutta side, take a U-Turn at City Centre/Road No. 10 junction, cross City Center Mall keeping it on your left, cross the next plot (under contruction) which belongs to an ex-DGP of Police, turn left into the lane (more or less opposite the bus stand of Taj Krishna), continue in the lane till the end and turn left, Utupura is on the first floor in the apartment building on your left.
Old 15th June 2010, 16:52   #1839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
btw landed up at BBq nation yday,the usual fare(read that as excellent)dinner is now priced at 601 net and lunch at 275net.I definitely think buffet goers in the city need to bear in mind that there are others eating in the restaurant as well,found people walking and eating all around the restaurant with plates in their hands and whats worse is I saw people picking up pieces of cucumber/onions/tomatoes/the fried dishes with their hands standing next to the buffet tables and popping it into their mouths.GROSS.Looks like the use of spoons etc is an idea that is lost on them.sigh
Lunch is VFM. Dinner is LFM ( Ludicrousness for Money).

May go this Friday for lunch when i am doing WFH

Quote:
Avinash, yaar ek bongy dinner meet plan karte hain.

Betw; I just came to know from one of my colleague that calcutta cabin is owned by a female, who happens to be her schoolmate from jamshedpur. Discount to pakka hai bhai. They are planning to open one more branch at Hitech city.
I am game for a lunch meet. Lets plan for it one of the saturday this month.

Quote:
Boss my confusion stemmed from the fact that he had quoted my Mallu Cuisine restaurant to write bong food. For more clarity please check my FB. Some good discussion is just about taking shape :P
Kya timepass chal ra FB par

Btw, I am yet to visit Utupura. My wifey resists the idea each time i suggest we hit the south indian cuisine.

So Ani, will have to go to Utupura with you only now
Old 15th June 2010, 17:25   #1840
BHPian

Quote:
So Ani, will have to go to Utupura with you only now
Can it be +1 on that?
Old 16th June 2010, 09:37   #1841
Senior - BHPian

I had my dinner at Utupura last evening.

Aleppy chilly fish- Small portion, but good.
Neymeen Medium fry-yummy, great taste.
Appam-very authentic, great taste.
Parotha-great.

The fish curries served here are to die for, dry fish items can be avoided.I was surprised to see the restaurent packed on a weekday.

Note: He serves beef as well and the same is depicted in the menu as meat, instead of beef.

Thanks Anirudh for this lead.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 16th June 2010 at 09:38. Reason: Comments.
Old 16th June 2010, 10:07   #1842
BHPian

okay i keep coming back to this thread to find out new stuff and often get confused by the address and location of the restaurants , so I am planning to get a wiki or do a markup on the google map , any other ideas ?
Old 16th June 2010, 13:15   #1843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had my dinner at Utupura last evening.

Thanks Anirudh for this lead.
I keep hearing about Utupura and never went there. Its high time i go there now.

Ani, when are you taking me there for a meal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
okay i keep coming back to this thread to find out new stuff and often get confused by the address and location of the restaurants , so I am planning to get a wiki or do a markup on the google map , any other ideas ?
I would recommend following ideas:-

1. Never use a wiki or google to find your way around. Better idea is to keep driving around the city aimlessly to understand the topography

2. When you hear of a new restuarant that you want to eat in. Try doing a reconnaissance before actually stepping in.

3. Simplest of the lot, call a tbhpian who can turn out to be better than wiki and google
Old 16th June 2010, 14:57   #1844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3. Simplest of the lot, call a tbhpian who can turn out to be better than wiki and google
Thats what i do always Avi.I call you !!!
Old 16th June 2010, 14:59   #1845
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone been to Anjappar - Chettinad Restaurant at Punjagutta.
I have been to Anjappar, Pondy.Great food.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks