Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 17:00   #1981
Distinguished - BHPian

That must have been some experience Venu. I love the ambience of ZE, one of the best in the city coupled with great food.
Old 5th July 2010, 18:41   #1982
BHPian

Just to sing a different tune here, went to Mozzarella, the one on the first floor of the same building as ZE on the 1st of July for dinner. Items ordered:

Charcoal Grilled Mushrooms-- Awesome. Little Quantity
Some kind of pasta-- I don't like pastas. Wife loved it
River Sole with Lemon Herb and Olive oil dressing, and Mint rice as accompaniment--Totally Awesome, although the quantity was on the lower side
Chocolate Mousse Cannelloni and Blueberry Cheesecake--Very Very Good.

All in all pretty decent place. Serves continental, Malaysian and Thai. Bit pricey and the quantities are less, but satisfying for a laid-back evening out. Must try-- their Pan (as in Betel Leaf) Mocktail was unlike any other I have ever had. Total Bill = 2200 and change with 3 Thumbs Up and the aforementioned mocktail.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:07   #1983
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night, around 15 Hyd TBHPians visited " Pakwaan" for dinner.

Ordered :-

Tandoori Chicken
Reshmi Chicken Kebabs
Mutton Roganjosh
Dal Makhani
Rotis
Mutton Biryani
Veg Biryani

Total Damage (15 people) : Rs.2300 after 5% discount

Tandoori Chicken was simply awesome ( one of the best in Hyderabad for sure)

Reshimi Kebabs, dont remember the taste but, i think it tasted good. Can someone else who had it comment?

Mutton Biryani's quantity is enough to give you a heart attack. It was just above average. Meat in biryani was tough and not that great.

Mutton Roganjosh was mind-blowing. I loved this dish the most

Rotis were very good

Spoke to owner ( Mr.Hamid) and passed on my comments about Biryani and he promised to live up to our expectations next time. Which is good enough for us to have another dinner meet here

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th July 2010 at 13:09.
Old 10th July 2010, 09:55   #1984
Senior - BHPian

Chinese Pavilion

Last night wifey wanted to eat Chinese and were searching for a new place. So we decided upon Chinese Pavilion as I had read some good reviews about it here on thsi thread. So we went there and had the following:
  1. Spicy Crab Soup - 1x2 - Rs 140 - In one word awesome!
  2. Sizzler Noodles (Forgot the actual name) - Rs 180 : This is something that I had for the first time. Hand tossed noddles served in a sizzler style. Quite tasty.
  3. Sapo Chicken - Rs 230: Diced chicken in garlic chilli sauce. Little spicy but very tasty.
I liked the ambience and the food. I floored by the presentation of the Sapo Chicken which was served with a burner underneath to keep it warm. Service is also pretty quick. We reached there at 8.30 when only one other table apart from us was occupied. But slowly by 9.00 the whole place got filled up. So if you are going there, please reserve your table before hand. Also unlike other places, there 1x2 soup quantity is almost as much as a full bowl so I would suggest ordering 1x2.

Total Damages: Rs 600 ( including 4% VAT and tips given voluntarily)

Ranking: 4/5 . Will definitely visit again

P.S: Somehow found the food better than Grand Wok.
Old 10th July 2010, 09:57   #1985
Distinguished - BHPian

Chung Hua : It Sucks !!!!

Been to "Chung Hua" last evening. It was a last minute wrong decision, should have gone to Bowl of China as wanted to have a quick chinese meal close to home.

They added another floor on top which is suprisingly quite large and can seat over 40 people at one time.

Ordered the following :-

Chicken Drumsticks ( Rs.150)
Chilly Fish ( Rs.180)
Egg Fried Rice ( Rs.120)
Fried Veggies in Hot Garlic Sauce ( Rs.125)
Thumbs-Up

Total Damage : Rs.575

Things that put me off :-

1. Maitre'd taking order in a dirty apron

2. As it was a decent place, asked for normal water. He gets a dirty looking jug and pours water. We didnt touch it.

3. Spotted 2-3 rats roaming on the floor ( i saw this while waiting for the cheque) and i was horrified and shouted at them and other diners were shocked to know about the rats. While going down complained to the main desk in a loud voice and 2-3 people who came for parcel, hurriedly rushed out.

Waiter didnt bother to ask me, just presented the Chicken drumstick without the bones...it looked as if fried pakodas, horrible taste.

Chilly Fish had a faint smell. I dont like any smell in my fish.

Egg Fried Rice was short grained and not well cooked. I couldnt help comparing it with Mayabaazar fried rice which had long grains and was light and fluffy and its not even a chinese joint.

Fried Veggies in Sauce was nothing but some veggies horribly deep fried and soggy in garlic sauce that has no taste.

Their pricing is on par with better establishments, so why should we go there? E.G:- Chicken and Fish Snacks hovering around Rs.200 per plate

Overall, it was a horrible experience and will NEVER visit them again. 0/5 rating

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th July 2010 at 09:59.
Old 10th July 2010, 17:06   #1986
BHPian

Been to Chens Chinese Room for lunch with my cousin. In one word HORRIBLE FOOD. Would not love to waste time writing about it. I am quite happy with Wonton as its near office and Sinova as it is centrally located.
Old 10th July 2010, 22:16   #1987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Been to "Chung Hua" last evening.

Overall, it was a horrible experience and will NEVER visit them again. 0/5 rating

I have eaten at the place quite a few times, i order only the "chicken basket". Taste is not bad (a little bland though), and a little chilli sauce will add to the taste. I guess now that is the only decent tasting dish they have.

We almost always go to two places for chinese.. the bandi near IMAX (jab jeb thandi) and Hai King (when dad's paying)!

By the way, just came back from PAPPAJI's with family. Brilliant Butter chicken as ever and tasty chana masala, with crisp rotis and naan. I was the only one in the mood hence dint order anything else. (9/10)

Last edited by unoczar : 10th July 2010 at 22:17.
Old 11th July 2010, 01:10   #1988
HPP
BHPian

Unfortunately Chung Hua is not the same Chung Hua from years past. The management/ownership has changed and things have gone downhill drastically since.
Old 11th July 2010, 06:29   #1989
BHPian

Chung Hua was earlier managed by a college friend of mine. It was great, till Sidney & his family was handling it. Now it has gone for a toss for sure.
Old 11th July 2010, 11:28   #1990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Unfortunately Chung Hua is not the same Chung Hua from years past. The management/ownership has changed and things have gone downhill drastically since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Chung Hua was earlier managed by a college friend of mine. It was great, till Sidney & his family was handling it. Now it has gone for a toss for sure.
Whatever the case, please do not visit them. Better eat at some bandhi joint and save money to visit a better chinese joint.

Last evening relished the tandoori chicken, Mutton Roganjosh and Mutton Biryani at Pakwaan. Terrific taste of all three. Special mention to their rotis, it was not your normal tandoori rotis but, those afghani type ones, which was crispy,wholesome and totally awesome.

The maitre'd recognized me as one of the 16 people and i reminded him of the awful biryani that was served to us last time.

He made full amends last night
Old 11th July 2010, 12:25   #1991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last evening relished the tandoori chicken, Mutton Roganjosh and Mutton Biryani at Pakwaan. Terrific taste of all three. Special mention to their rotis, it was not your normal tandoori rotis but, those afghani type ones, which was crispy,wholesome and totally awesome.

The maitre'd recognized me as one of the 16 people and i reminded him of the awful biryani that was served to us last time.

He made full amends last night
I'm getting a takeaway from them today.

Bidisha is blown by their food
Old 11th July 2010, 14:33   #1992
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm getting a takeaway from them today.

Bidisha is blown by their food
IMHO, takeaways are always disasters.

According to me, food never tastes the same once it reaches home and even more so after it's micro-waved ( this holds true especially for biryanis)

If it's a must, take it. If not, chuck it (tried to rhyme )
Old 11th July 2010, 14:53   #1993
BHPian

Agree on the take away part. It always happens. Planning to go to Pakwan today but it would be a take away for sure. Cousins dropping down at home for finals and food would be from Pakwan.
Old 11th July 2010, 20:33   #1994
Senior - BHPian

7-Rest,Refresh,Refuel

Slightly offtopic,but found this amazing new huge food court on NH9 3 kms before Suryapet on NH9 enroute to Vijayawada,its called 7-Rest,refresh,refuel.You wouldnt miss it.While coming from V'wada,its 7kms after Suryapet.

Huge food court,airconditioned,world class washrooms,shops etc and excellent food and moderately priced as well.Free wifi as well.It is a must stop place and we finally have a good place to plan and stop during the tiring drives between HYD & VJA.

OT:4 laning by GMR(I guess?)is on in full swing and with a real big sense of urgency,looks like it would be complete in a year's time.Quality of existing road has also improved vastly,not a single pothole on the entire 300km stretch
Old 12th July 2010, 12:50   #1995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last night, around 15 Hyd TBHPians visited " Pakwaan" for dinner.

Spoke to owner ( Mr.Hamid) and passed on my comments about Biryani and he promised to live up to our expectations next time. Which is good enough for us to have another dinner meet here
Great to know that you all enjoyed the food.

Quote:
Singapore fried rice is the only dish i use to enjoy there.
The quality of food and service has gone to dogs.(and rats too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Been to Chens Chinese Room for lunch with my cousin. In one word HORRIBLE FOOD. Would not love to waste time writing about it.
This is an eye opener Nikhil.Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks