Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 15:57   #2221
Senior - BHPian

Try out the calorie oozing & sinfully delightful Gud Badam Halwa @ Sholay.It was mindblowing.
Old 27th August 2010, 16:26   #2222

Hi Silverwood, hey many thanks for the welcome. I've been silently lurking around this forum and thread for ages now...and yeah thanks for the tip with regards to the discount at Sholay..while being aware of it, did not avail of it at dnner yesterday though!
@ranjitp1..if the suggestion for the halwa was for me, thanks mate. We had already gorged on whole loads of mirchi-bajjis eveb before we stepped into Sholay yesterday, so could'nt afford any more calorie additions!
Cheers.
Old 27th August 2010, 16:39   #2223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy876 View Post
We were a bunch of 3 to the side of the bar counter. And well into an animated conversation ourselves to hear you guys hollering.

Thought it would be much too random to walk up to a group of guys and check for tbhpians!

maybe i'd try that the next time.

P.S.: Congratulations on the Cruze..like your signature too. Cheers.
Oh so were amongst the 3 guys who were shouting at top of the voice and police had to be called. I did notice you guys. Kidding

Btw, thanks for the Cruze wishes and also for liking my signature ( btw, its not a cut/copy/paste job, it was a well thought out signature...LOL)

you can read about my Cruze ownership here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-arrived.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Missed Sholay dinner with the Hyd gang yesterday owing to my stomach getting full with Chana Bhatura at Ohris Jiva for lunch.

By the way, what are the best items for dessert at Ohri's? How much do they cost and are they so heavy that we can't have them after a full meal?
Venu, thats a sin. I mean missing dinner at SHOLAY

Btw, how do you rate Jiva's Chole Bathura compared to Havemore? Are they same in taste and appearance?

I feel nothing can beat Havemore Chole Bathure.

Also, since they come from same group. Dont Jiva have "Midnight Beauty" or " Monica Lewinsky"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Hi Mushy876,

Welcome to the food thread.

TBHpians are entitled for a generous discount of 20% at Sholay, i hope you are aware of this.
+1.

Mushy, hope you availed this discount? See, the money you could have saved had you met us last night...Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Try out the calorie oozing & sinfully delightful Gud Badam Halwa @ Sholay.It was mindblowing.
Sirji, i am already having weight related issues. This makes it even more difficult to lose it.
Old 27th August 2010, 22:35   #2224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Btw, how do you rate Jiva's Chole Bathura compared to Havemore? Are they same in taste and appearance?

I feel nothing can beat Havemore Chole Bathure.

Also, since they come from same group. Dont Jiva have "Midnight Beauty" or " Monica Lewinsky"
I'd rate in on par with Havemore---after all both are built on the same platform

Yep, they do have 'Midnight Beauty', 'Lewinsky' et al. I've never had those and was therefore eliciting opinion on what dessert is the best---I am heavily into desserts on account of my sweet tooth.
Old 27th August 2010, 23:40   #2225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yep, they do have 'Midnight Beauty', 'Lewinsky' et al. I've never had those and was therefore eliciting opinion on what dessert is the best---I am heavily into desserts on account of my sweet tooth.
Wow, you didnt try these signature desserts? I can go to extent to saying before we got our melting moments, creamstone, flintstone in Hyderabad etc. These dishes set the standards for one of the best ice-creams in Hyderabad. Infact, everyone who visits Havemore in Basheerbagh does not leave without ordering these desserts.

If the crowd is big ( 4 people), then give their " Titanic" a try, its a huge ice-cream that even four people will struggle to finish.

Having tried most outlets. I still love MB and ML as i find Ohri's ice-cream comes with the right taste, texture, smoothness and most importantly sweetness.

You should most certainly give them a try soon.
Old 28th August 2010, 00:39   #2226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These dishes set the standards for one of the best ice-creams in Hyderabad. Infact, everyone who visits Havemore in Basheerbagh does not leave without ordering these desserts.
That points to the sad state of ice cream affairs in Hyderabad. I absolutely positively hate HavMor ice creams.

I had Midnight Beauty once - didn't like it at all. Then there was Awful Awful, which is really just that.

The last time we went there (small family part on account of BQ's delivery day) I asked for some sundae (can't remember the name) and the waiter pushed this 300 INR thingy called Volcano which we couldn't finish mainly because it tasted so bad.

Titanic is just about OK.

By the way my wife (and her entire family as well) absolutely adore HavMor. And even she couldn't digest Awful Awful and Volcano. So there.

Even Melting Moments has totally lost it. It was so good before that unfortunate accident. Now it's just about passable.

I wonder when (or if) Corner House will make an appearance here.

Until then, I guess I'll just have to make do with Baskin Robbins. I don't particulary like BR either (and definitely not all flavours and sundaes) but andhon me kaana and all that.

Or I should try out that naturals thingy (again forget the name), some new joint in Banjara Hills somewhere. I'll have to dig the name out from some old emails.

Regards,
spadix
Old 28th August 2010, 00:58   #2227
BHPian

Naturals do serve amazing ice creams. Love their natural taste a lot. Try their coconut ice cream, its AWESOME.

Naturals is on Banjara Hills - Srinagar Colony road.

Last edited by traveloholic : 28th August 2010 at 01:00.
Old 28th August 2010, 05:18   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
I love SHOLAY
Anyone been to Reshmi Dhaba lately? What are the reviews of the moment?
Old 28th August 2010, 06:54   #2229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
TBHpians are entitled for a generous discount of 20% at Sholay, i hope you are aware of this.
Wow!!! TBhp gets discounts like corporate discounts

And how does one avail this discount???
Old 28th August 2010, 09:11   #2230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Actually, my mom was recalling them just last evening. Since today and tomorrow have pre-decided engagements.

We plan to visit Reshmi's next week. I do miss them. They were to me before what Sholay has become to me NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Wow!!! TBhp gets discounts like corporate discounts

And how does one avail this discount???
Yup. Team-BHPians are stars in Sholay, thanks to Hyd_Traveller.

To avail the 20% discount, you just have to say your from Team-BHP before placing the order. Also, they may ask your business card. Give it to them.

It's that simple
Old 28th August 2010, 14:19   #2231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post

I wonder when (or if) Corner House will make an appearance here.
+1 on that.Always try to visit them in Bangalore and Mysore.I love their roasted almonds with vanilla ice cream, topped up with chocolate sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Naturals do serve amazing ice creams. Love their natural taste a lot. Try their coconut ice cream, its AWESOME.

Naturals is on Banjara Hills - Srinagar Colony road.
When did they come to Hyderabad.I am an ardent fan of Naturals from last 15-20 years.Love to visit their first branch which is at Bandra.

Nihkil, please let me know their exact location.

Betw;I had HALEEM at Shadaab last evening, my verdict, it was better than Shah Ghouse.Very few bones, laced with pure ghee.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 28th August 2010 at 14:27. Reason: Edit
Old 28th August 2010, 17:15   #2232

Silverwood bhai, with regards to Reshmi Dhabha (Parklane area), my last visit was around 3 weeks ago...and till date, never had anything to complain about their food and service. Very VFM and also importantly non-pretentious too. I am a veggie and would recommend the chopped vegetable curry along with their lovely phulkas.
Cheers.

Last edited by bblost : 28th August 2010 at 22:30. Reason: Font Tags removed. Please do not copy paste from external editors. Thanks.
Old 28th August 2010, 22:32   #2233
Team-BHP Support

Saw this advt in the newspaper today;

Enjoy authentic sushi at Ista Hotel, priced at Rs. 590 onwards.

Venue: Ista Hotel, Gachibowli

Date: Till August 29; 12 noon to 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 10.30 p.m.

Some googling brought this up:

Sushi Maki Roll platter with Vinegared rice rolled with variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian fillings in seaweed on a bamboo mat with pickled ginger, wasabi and soya sauce reasonably priced at Rs. 650/- plus taxes.

Non-Vegetarian Sushi Maki Roll that has Prawn Tempura and Kampyou, Norwegian smoked salmon and mayonnaise, Crab stick, cucumber and Kampyou priced attractively at Rs. 750/- plus taxes.

Vegetarian Sushi Maki Roll with Cucumber, kampyou, Takuan, Shitake, asparagus, carrot, Yasai kaki age tempura at a very attractive price of only Rs. 590/- plus taxes.
Old 29th August 2010, 00:44   #2234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy876 View Post
Silverwood bhai, with regards to Reshmi Dhabha (Parklane area), my last visit was around 3 weeks ago...and till date, never had anything to complain about their food and service. Very VFM and also importantly non-pretentious too. I am a veggie and would recommend the chopped vegetable curry along with their lovely phulkas.
Cheers.
Dear Mushy876,

Thanks for this info.

Betw:This query was posted by hyd_traveller.(Bajaj Sahb)
Old 29th August 2010, 20:51   #2235
Senior - BHPian

Milecruncher, Venkat & I went to 555 Cafe at Masab Tank last evening for Haleem. The Haleem was good but no where near the quality we were expecting.
Next stop was at Dine Hill on Road No. 1. We ordered one Haleem and each of us tasted one spoon of the same and did not bother to eat any more of it! It was horrible!

Next stop - Sarvi, in front of Care at Rd. No. 1 and the haleem was as usual - good but not as good as last year.

Later in the night, around 1:30 AM, Prabhu, Suren, Venkat & I went to ITC Grand Kakatiya at Somajiguda for the Midnight Buffet. (@675/- plus taxes) & 50% Off on the bill!

Revised Verdict: The best haleem in Hyderabad is served at ITC Grand Kakatiya. (It's better than Shadab!)

Most Viewed