Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:01   #2416
Senior - BHPian

I had my dinner last evening at Mayabazaar and ordered the following (SILVERWOOD +2)

Afghani Kebab- Must try ones, just melts in your mouth.
Patiala Mutton-Taste was average, but full of boneless pieces
Butter Naan's-
Egg fried rice- Great taste again.

Total Damages- 465, Including tips.

Betw; I have found the best beef biriyani joint near karkhaha PS.The best Beef Biriyani I've ever tasted in my life.
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:35   #2417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Yesterday we decided to go to BBQ Nation for lunch.

Now at Rs.300 /- + Tax, I think its an absolute VFM and will definitely head back soon.
I remember paying around 550 last year for our company dinner. Have the prices changed? 300 + Tax seems to be real VFM.
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:39   #2418
BHPian

Venu Saab, its 300+ Taxes for lunch & 600+ Taxes for Dinner
Old 24th September 2010, 09:26   #2419
Team-BHP Support

Saw a signboard that will warm some stomachs and burn some tongues in Jubilee Hills.

Opposite Vilas Venue on Rd 36, a signboard said, "Coming Soon, Rayalseema Ruchulu".
Old 24th September 2010, 11:13   #2420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Venu Saab, its 300+ Taxes for lunch & 600+ Taxes for Dinner
IIRC, Dinner is 600 all inclusive and does not include any beverage but has much larger choice both in starters and main course.

However, lunch is 300++ and has less choice but includes a beverage if i am not wrong.

Whatever the case, awesome place to eat !

P.S: I am eating hospital food from past couple of days :(
Old 24th September 2010, 11:40   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
P.S: I am eating hospital food from past couple of days :(
Are you serious? Are you eating par-boiled food these days? Hope everything's ok with our Foodie King.
Old 24th September 2010, 12:59   #2422
Senior - BHPian

A new restaurant has come up by the name 'IDLY DOSA PEOPLE' @ beginning of PG Road if you are coming from Ministers Road.

'CHUTNEYS' restaurant coming up opp begumpet traffic police station
Old 26th September 2010, 20:35   #2423
Senior - BHPian

Review of food @ The Park

I attended our company's function at The Park yesterday, which included food and drinks, apart from usual blah blah.

I really looked forward to visiting a 7-Star Hotel that was so close to my apartment. But when I went inside, I found to my chargin that the foyer in the ground floor hardly looked like what I'd imagined. It was so darn small.
But what I liked was the number of personnel manning the gates and invitinhg people inside.

I was ushered to the venue behind the reception. I was greeted by a corridor where the walls looked shabby. A closer inspection revealed that they'd chosen that colour combination on the wall, and it looks like they can carry on with that for years together under the guise of modern art! There were also a lot of chamak chamak lights which reminded me of a Marwari setting (no offence to anyone, just my opinion).

The hall where the function was held was nice, but nothing to write home about. The kebabs and other starters they served were really good, as were the refreshments. However, the waiters were over-eager to keep the tables clean, and whenever I went to get some starters, I found my glass missing when I returned to the table.

I took a stroll around and went to the main foyer on the 3rd floor. There was more chamak chamak stuff there, but the lobby looked decent and spacious, but far, far below the ambience one gets at Westin or Novotel. Even the rest rooms were not all that good.

Coming to the food, all items tasted good, but the Mutton Roganjosh was hard and was not fully cooked. Chicken and other items tasted good. Desserts were ok, but the gulab jamuns were not sweet enough---perhaps they had diabetics in mind!

Finally my opinion---for 1500 INR, I don't think it was worth it. The ambience of the hotel sucks, especially when you expect a lot for a hotel that calls itself a 7-Star hotel. While on this, I even wonder how the Vizag Park Hotel got a 5-Star rating. I've attended several company functions there, and it had more of a 3-star ambience.

Perhaps Sir Swaraj Paul knows how to purchase ITDC ratings.

Last edited by vnabhi : 26th September 2010 at 20:37.
Old 27th September 2010, 08:28   #2424
Team-BHP Support

Any reviews on the midnight buffet (Friday and Saturday only) at The Waterside Cafe, Taj Banjara.

They have a board up with the offer. Its Rs 400 all inclusive.
Old 27th September 2010, 09:47   #2425
Senior - BHPian

I had my dinner on Saturday night at 'PAPAJI KA DHABA' and ordered the following (SILVERWOOD +5)

Reshmi Kebab- The taste was bland
Apollo Fish (2 No's)- This was the star snack.No smell at all.
Chicken Sheek Kebab-This was also good
Chicken Ashiyana-This was the day's special, continental type of taste, great taste.
Chicken Tikka Masala-I did not like this at all,the gravy was very spicy.
Butter Naan, Naan etc.
Veg Pulav- I did not taste this.
Mutton Biriyani- Almost boneless mutton pieces,taste was ok.

Total Damages: Rs 1450 Including tips.

Good vfm restaurant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had my dinner at 'CAFE BAHAAR' last night and ordered the following.( SILVERWOOD +2)

Reshmi Kebab-Great taste.
Murgh Masallam- I always love this at Cafe Bahaar.
Butter Naan and rumali roti

Total Damages:450 including tips.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 27th September 2010 at 09:48. Reason: Edit
Old 27th September 2010, 12:07   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Any reviews on the midnight buffet (Friday and Saturday only) at The Waterside Cafe, Taj Banjara.

@bblost - some time back the sax was good with accompanying good looking but average singer.

Not sure what are you expecting to bite into at a coffee shop unless there is some specific festival going on - coffee is only average - but 400 INR is a steal as their usual prices will make any midnight binge in excess of 1000+ easily for 2.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:45   #2427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It seems Pulsar56 visited for this midnight buffet and he was completely unhappy.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:15   #2428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It seems Pulsar56 visited for this midnight buffet and he was completely unhappy.
Last week, 4 of us had been to Taj Banjara for the midnight buffet @ 400/- per head all inclusive.
The only saving grace for the buffet is the complimentary beverage of your choice* (coffee/tea included) and the desserts.

Very limited starters and salads + soup. The chicken dishes were ok and the rotis were served fresh.
Biryani - Again, we had hunt for the chicken/mutton pieces and the taste was not so great!

It seems like whatever is left over from the normal dinner buffet is kept for this offer and the mutton curries had a really bad smell ! (stale)

The dessert spread was good, ranging from gulab jamuns, moti chur laddus, malpua, gajar ka halwa, pedas & creamstone style icecream! We all ate more desserts than the food!

The general ambiance did not appeal to us much when compared to Kakatiya.
The 675/- + taxes midnight buffet at Kakatiya on weekends (Fri, Sat & Sun) is much much better and worth the cost.

P.S: The security at Taj Banjara ask for the car's bonnet to be opened too for checking. LOL!

Last edited by pulsar56 : 27th September 2010 at 13:17.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:47   #2429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
P.S: The security at Taj Banjara ask for the car's bonnet to be opened too for checking. LOL!
That happens in Taj Krishna too
Old 27th September 2010, 16:15   #2430
BHPian

With 2,429 posts on this thread enlightening me to the best and worst eating venues in the Twin-Cities, I am now more than ever confused where to dine with family.

Any pointers / suggestions to which venue will be the best for tonight's dinner?

Most Viewed