Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2010, 11:29   #2596
Team-BHP Support

For bhel puri, Dahi puri kinda of chats there is a outlet outside Ofen on Road Number 10, Banjara Hills.

Very clean and love the boxy plates they serve it in.
Price is a little on the high side. Most chats come at Rs 40.

The only drawback is the water for pani puri etc is cold.
Taste wise I like the place.

I am not able to remember the name of this place. But they have branches in Himayath Nagar, In Orbit mall etc.
Old 28th October 2010, 11:32   #2597
Senior - BHPian

Finally a decent sandwich place in Sec-Bad.There is a Mayur Pan opened opposite Mcdie in Karkhana.New place,serves excellent juices & sandwiches at 15 rs a portion.Can do better but definitely better than some of the other places.

Grab-n.Refresh at Vikrampuri near Sec-Bad club also serves good pastas & sandwiches at 70rs & 45rs respectively.

Finally the icing on the cake or should I call it-Bombing on the cake!!!Was at the Ruci & Idioni Bistro at Banjara Hills next to City Center opposite HSBC Backoffice.What a bomb that place is.All veg sandwiches are priced at around 210rs incl tax and the non veg ones are at 230/- shooooot!!!!its murder!!!For lovers of burgers/breads/american breakfasts the best thing for you to do is to go for their Sat & Sun brunch which is priced at INR 229 and which is quite good.
Old 28th October 2010, 11:36   #2598
Team-BHP Support

Can you please describe the Sat-Sun brunch a little more.
What does it offer, is it a buffet or a combo pack.

and is it 229 or is it 229++

Last edited by bblost : 28th October 2010 at 11:38.
Old 28th October 2010, 11:48   #2599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Finally a decent sandwich place in Sec-Bad.There is a Mayur Pan opened opposite Mcdie in Karkhana.New place,serves excellent juices & sandwiches at 15 rs a portion.Can do better but definitely better than some of the other places.

Grab-n.Refresh at Vikrampuri near Sec-Bad club also serves good pastas & sandwiches at 70rs & 45rs respectively.
Where is Grab-n.Refresh at vikrampuri.?

Do you mean Mcde at Rainbow Mall.?
Old 28th October 2010, 12:04   #2600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Can you please describe the Sat-Sun brunch a little more.
What does it offer, is it a buffet or a combo pack.

and is it 229 or is it 229++
Not sure about the tax part,its a 5 course menu,unfortunately I havent done it yet,so cant help much.

Yes the ambience is excellent,smells good and the place is ultra clean.But sadly the taste does not back up these.Pretty ordinary for the prices they charge.Theres another sandwich place down the road a few meters away from R&I towards City Center,you might want to check that out,its better,not great but better and not so heavy on the pocket as well.Its called some Combo something

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Where is Grab-n.Refresh at vikrampuri.?

Do you mean Mcde at Rainbow Mall.?
Mayur Pan is opp the Rainbow Mall,you cant miss it,its the latest hotspot there,go inside and they have seating as well.

Grab-n-Refresh is on the Picket road,there was an ICICI ATM at the same location before this place opened.a few 100 meters down the road from the club(the road that goes down into AOC).

Another very good sandwich place is in Sainikpuri,next to 5th Avenue bakery,a place called Grabz.I am yet to see anybody offering so much of veggies as this guy in their grills.His pastas are also good.S/W priced at 35rs.

Ofcourse nothing compared to the amazingly awesome roadside toasts & sandwiches of Mumbai.A 15rs for a veg sanwich!!!and here you see outright murder happening in the restaurants and the self proclaimed bistros!!

Another disappointing place is Deli-9.A vegetarian sandwich costs a princely INR 150 with some fries.Did a takeaway a couple of days back.

We need Casa Piccola to open in Hyderabad,just for their heavenly stroganoffs & chicken casseroles!!
Old 28th October 2010, 12:13   #2601
Team-BHP Support

You can check out the bakery inside the New Fresh @ outet on Road Number 36, Jubilee Hills. Its beside the ICICI Bank and opposite Beyond Coffee.

But the sandwiches at Health Lovers, same road but closer to Croma are much better.
Infact I once picked up a sandwich for lunch from here. Reached office at 10 Am and promptly finished the sandwich. It smells so good that driving my car and concentrating on the road was a problem.
Old 28th October 2010, 12:19   #2602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can check out the bakery inside the New Fresh @ outet on Road Number 36, Jubilee Hills. Its beside the ICICI Bank and opposite Beyond Coffee.

But the sandwiches at Health Lovers, same road but closer to Croma are much better.
Infact I once picked up a sandwich for lunch from here. Reached office at 10 Am and promptly finished the sandwich. It smells so good that driving my car and concentrating on the road was a problem.
Thanx for this tip,we have been on a sandwich hunt all over the city for the past 1 week to find out the best place,and sadly none of the ones we visited qualify to be good!!So we ended up naming the mediocre ones as good for want of choice!!Will check these two places.thanks
Old 28th October 2010, 12:26   #2603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanx for this tip,we have been on a sandwich hunt all over the city for the past 1 week to find out the best place,and sadly none of the ones we visited qualify to be good!!So we ended up naming the mediocre ones as good for want of choice!!Will check these two places.thanks
I am sure you must have visited Balaji grand bazaar @ Basheer Bagh.

I make it a point to grab a sandwich when i am in the near vicinity.

Opp to the sandwich store is a juice shop which sells the best Anaar,Mango and Falsa juice (only in summers)
Old 28th October 2010, 12:31   #2604
BHPian

Another very good sandwich place is in Sainikpuri,next to 5th Avenue bakery,a place called Grabz.I am yet to see anybody offering so much of veggies as this guy in their grills.His pastas are also good.S/W priced at 35rs.
we have been visiting this place from the day it opened ,infact we were their 2nd customer and my kids love the pastas here. Finally managed to visit Natural after much of hunt , liked sitaphal but roasted almond blew it away .Have to go back again to checkout other flavours ,lil worried about kids catching cold since the temp.has dropped a bit over last few days.
Old 28th October 2010, 12:40   #2605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
You are late here, the same review was posted by ranjitp1.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 28th October 2010 at 12:42. Reason: Edit
Old 28th October 2010, 13:02   #2606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are late here, the same review was posted by ranjitp1.
I think he just missed the 'quote' around Ranjit's post. The second line is his.

Regards,
spadix
Old 28th October 2010, 13:05   #2607
Distinguished - BHPian

@Silverwood, Arjuna meant to "quote" him but there are no quotes so the confusion

I have been to Grabz at Himayathnagar and was not impressed. Just a small outlet serving non-enticing options including their sandwiches and pastas which i tried and was not impressed

If people want to enjoy loads of options like below under one roof or rather shops next door. Please visit Boggulkunta. Landmark is very close to Pragati Idli

a) Grilled Sandwiches
b) Pav Bhaji
c) Kachi Dhabeli
d) Wada Pav
e) Juices, Chats, Ice-golas

And, taste for all of them is superb and is a rage for marwari crowd. It is always packed to brim almost each evening and dangerously so on sundays

Last evening after a long time enjoyed

Bade Miyan Kebabs, Tank Bund ( Had almost all dishes on offer), Superb, Superb, Superb. Definetly taste better than Somajigud

Then after that wanted to round off with a Biryani so visited Blue Fox in Himyathnagar. Man, hats off to this place. Exorbitant but, simply the perfect biryani you can ever eat
Old 28th October 2010, 13:26   #2608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Then after that wanted to round off with a Biryani so visited Blue Fox in Himyathnagar. Man, hats off to this place. Exorbitant but, simply the perfect biryani you can ever eat
Thanks for the new lead.

Was it mutton or chicken and how much was it priced at.?
Old 28th October 2010, 13:44   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
The only drawback is the water for pani puri etc is cold.
If this is the case, then you should try the Paani Puri at Begum Bazaar. Been a patron of his for ages & believe me or now, he uses ice cold mineral water to make the Paani for Paani Puri, the Paani Puri tastes amazing with Ice Cold Paani. The perfect mixture of Steaming Hot Chanaa's with Ice Cold Paani makes it a worthwhile experience.

Quote:
Please visit Boggulkunta....... And, taste for all of them is superb and is a rage for marwari crowd. It is always packed to brim almost each evening and dangerously so on sundays
Boggulkunta has turned into a Foodies Heaven of late. A zillion options in the same vicinity. We always hit Boggulkunta, when ever we feel the urge for Kaala Khataa. Love hitting the eateries once in a while at Boggulkunta.

Quote:
Bade Miyan Kebabs, Tank Bund ( Had almost all dishes on offer), Superb, Superb, Superb. Definetly taste better than Somajiguda
I say, Bade Miyan Kebab's is a treat for Non Veg Lovers at Tank Bund. Always loved his Phatter Ka Ghost & Boti Kebab. How can I forget his Tangy Chutney.

Quote:
+1 on that Avi. One of the best eateries in Himayat Nagar area. Love the food at Blue Fox.
Old 28th October 2010, 13:53   #2610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where is this outlet in Ramkote?
It is near to Pragathi College. If you go towards Abids from pragathi college, you will come across a T-junction, take left here and after around 100m you will see it on the left side. I think its white board with orange color font(I may be wrong!!). The board is quite big you cant miss it. Though there isnt any specific parking here, the road is quite wide here.

You may try this link:
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
The store is at the center, where you see the + symbol in the above map. If you go up and take a right you go to Pragathi College!!

NOTE: This fellow doesn't serve ice-cream if there is a power cut. Either you wait for the power to come or come back later. They do have family packs also. I dont know the cost of them though!!

Quote:
Chappan Bhog (dry fruit mix)-Great taste.
Yeah! I have seen this on the menu, but I was not sure what it was! It reminded me of Chappan Bhog atta!!!....lol
Fresh Strawberry-Pieces of strawberry in it.
Quote:
Badam Angeer-Please try this, heavenly.
Choco chips-
These for the next visit apart from the Chappan Bhog.
Quote:
He sells wonderful frozen Aam Ras during summers, Rs 90/kg.
Well this for the summer!!

Most Viewed