Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2010, 15:29   #2671
Distinguished - BHPian

Noting the good review from Spadix for " Food N' I" Madhapur. Last night visited this place. It's situated above Ratnadeep Supermarket

There are 3 different sections, we chose the North Indian place.

Their ambience is extremely beautiful and looked like a periodic movie set with large lotus carved in cieling and in general as Spadix mentioned, one of the best interiors and quite different in recent times.

We got seated and ordered the following ( almost every dish was recommended by their Asst.Mgr F&B--A little about him at end)

Makai De Shorba ( Rs.70)
Veg Dahi Kebabs ( Rs.195)
Thumbs Up- 3 No's ( Rs.150)
Subz Rogan Josh ( Rs.180)
Paneer Naan ( Rs.50)
Butter Naan- 2 No's ( Rs.80)
Mutton Biryani ( Rs.265)

Total Bill : Rs.950 ( Including tips and after 20% discount given to MSFT employees)

Shorba was unique and quite different. Must try !

Dahi Kebabs was the best dish of the evening. This is veg pattice stuffed with curd hung overnite. Very unique dish. When you bite into the kebab which has bread crumbs as exterior, you will bite into thick curd and potatoes. Mindblowing !!!!!!!!!!!

Subz Rogan Josh : Same taste as Mutton Rogan Josh albeit with veggies. Very light and fluffy. Nice

Paneer Naan was delectable. Soft and LIGHT

Naans were also superbly made

Biryani had LARGE chunk of meat which i absolutely abhor but they are very soft so it kind of made up for the size. Otherwise, it's taste was quite decent. But, definetly not worth its exorbitant price. Sholay's Biryani is much more VFM and better in taste.

The manager ( Firoz-ex chef on a cruise ship) was super attentive, cordial and constantly hovering over the table, watching every gesture and immediate servicing made our dining experience from good to extraordinary. He spoke impeccable english, had tremendous knowledge about food and was generous with sharing his receipe. Me and him chatted a bit about our love for food ( I was slightly despaired to see he was painfully thin despite being a food lover like me). My mom even got the receipe of Dahi Kebab from him ( verbal description, ofcourse)

I thought such people had left the food industry long ago. All this service with no service charged in the bill. Awesome

I will go back to "Food N I" just for Firoz and Dahi Kebabs. Both were terrific

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th November 2010 at 15:31.
Old 23rd November 2010, 19:05   #2672
BHPian

Guys,

I need a small list of good restaurants offering buffet lunch near to somajiguda, budget not more than 250/- per head.

thanks.
Old 23rd November 2010, 19:08   #2673
Senior - BHPian

Angeethi offers a lunch buffet at 219+taxes monday to saturday.
Old 23rd November 2010, 19:16   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Guys,

I need a small list of good restaurants offering buffet lunch near to somajiguda, budget not more than 250/- per head.

thanks.
Terrace Bay offers at 225+ tax.. the food is very average though.. and it is situated right in somajiguda(rajbhavan road jn) rooftop of a mall

If you can travel a bit further till city center mall... theres Indijoe's where the spread is very nice and it is close to your price of around 250 per head. It a very VFM proposition.

-Saikat
Old 23rd November 2010, 20:30   #2675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Angeethi offers a lunch buffet at 219+taxes monday to saturday.
Is that a veg or non-veg buffet??? Sounds quite tempting!!!
Old 23rd November 2010, 21:37   #2676
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Is that a veg or non-veg buffet??? Sounds quite tempting!!!
This is my alltime favorite buffet. Some of my favorite stuff in their buffet is :-

Fried Fish
Black dal dripping in butter
Mutton Roganjosh ( one of the best in city)
Sometimes they serve Dhaba Murg ( which is like Bhatinde De Kukkad from Sholay)

Only downside, its so full of crowd its almost claustrophobic
Old 24th November 2010, 14:26   #2677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This is my alltime favorite buffet. Some of my favorite stuff in their buffet is :-

Fried Fish
Plus one to that . An all time fav of mine too. I especially love their Mutton Biriyani served in the buffet with generous portions of very well cooked mutton. There used to be a time when I along with my friend used to occupy the table 15 min before the buffet starts i.e. at 12.15 on saturdays to beat the crowd and eat until we choked
Though they specialize in North Indian(Awadhi) cuisine but their biriyani in the buffet is essentially Hyderabadi.
Old 24th November 2010, 15:18   #2678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Fried Fish
Sometimes they serve Dhaba Murg ( which is like Bhatinde De Kukkad from Sholay)

Only downside, its so full of crowd its almost claustrophobic
Add a good assortment of Bong sweets to the list of dessert items at Angeethi.
It used to cost Rs 125 a couple of years ago for the buffet.
Old 24th November 2010, 15:29   #2679
Senior - BHPian

The buffet is the only thing thats VFM in Angeethi now a days,their prices have gone through the roof,a simple tandoori roti is priced at INR 37 + Taxes wow,and there is a 10% SC as well,its a killer now a days
Old 24th November 2010, 15:37   #2680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The buffet is the only thing thats VFM in Angeethi now a days,their prices have gone through the roof,a simple tandoori roti is priced at INR 37 + Taxes wow,and there is a 10% SC as well,its a killer now a days
+1. Though they were one of the last lot of good restuarants to incorporate SC. And, one day about 6 months ago after dining there and seeing the bill saw the exorbitant rate of taxes, stopped going there for ala carte.

My wifey loves their Dhaba Murgh ( she is a gravy eater and i am the chicken eater) and Paan Biryani ( she is a rice eater and i am the meat eater )
Old 29th November 2010, 10:21   #2681
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Hotel Shyam @MG road and had their trademark Sunday special Lunch Thali @ Rs 90.

Good food and great service.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been to Taj Mahal restaurant @ SP road for yesterday's dinner and ordered the following (SILVERWOOD+5+3kids)

Meals- 6 No's
Masala dosa- 3 No's &
Masala Papad- 2 No's

Food was good, service was great (I speak fluent kannada ) and this restaurant does not hurt your pocket as well

Total Damages-Rs 450, Including tips.
Old 29th November 2010, 12:00   #2682
Senior - BHPian

Egged by so many good reviews about Angeethi Buffet Lunch, went there on Saturday.
The Buffet had an extra dose of Starters and Salads which included Macrani, Russian Salad, some Chat, Green Kababs, Chicken Tikka and Tawa Fish.

I didn't venture into the vegetarian main course but the non-veg options only included a very sweet and very red Butter Chicken and Mutton Biryani which was not exactly a Hyderabadi/Awadhi rendition.

Overall at Rs.276/person all inclusive, I definitely think its VFM.

Will go again just for the nice spread of starters and salads.
Old 29th November 2010, 12:39   #2683
Senior - BHPian

Food n I is almost my personal destination of choice now. 4 friends and I had dinner there last Wednesday and the food was great as usual.

I would encourage you to try "Dahi ke kabaab" the next time you go there. Words fail me in trying to describe it.

As usual, total cost per head was around INR 300 (including the tip and the 20% MS discount) which is very good considering there was an equal mix of veg and non-veg dishes.

Regards,
spadix
Old 29th November 2010, 15:24   #2684
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I would encourage you to try "Dahi ke kabaab" the next time you go there. Words fail me in trying to describe it.
+1. That's exactly what i said in my review a few posts back. I would visit this place ONLY for this particular dish. Out of this world

After a long time, binged on outside food

Saturday

Had a few friends at home so ordered food from Mohini's

Pepper Chicken-2 No's ( Rs.280)
Apollo Fish--2 No's ( Rs. 180)
Mutton Biryani- Family Pack ( Rs.270)

All the dishes were excellent and their pepper chicken is different and unlike the regular pepper chicken that most of us know.

Mutton Biryani was very good and you can smell the saffron in it. However, a friend mentioned that "Kabab Inn" at Himayathnagar serves the best biryani in that area beating the likes of Bahar, Bawarchi etc. Need to try them out soon.

Sunday

It was a day out and decided to pick up some different food for a change and we enjoyed this lunch meal on the move

Kathi Kebab Roll ( Rs.80)
Chicken Tikka Roll ( Rs.80)
Egg Pakoras ( Rs.55)

I am becoming a fan of these rolls. Kathi roll was superb with loads of juicy meat pieces stuffed in that huge roti

For evening, had a invitation to one of the biggest marriage with opportunity to rub shoulders with bigwigs was there but, were tired from full day routine so decided to have a simple and silent meal at

Bowl O China, Himayathnagar

Bhutan Chicken ( Rs.177)
Chicken Drum Sticks ( Rs.132)
Egg Sczhewan Noodles ( Rs.120)

Excellent food and i am surprised to see such good chinese food coming out of a muslim establishment ( must be news to many)

Best part is all their rates are ( taxes inclusive). Are there any more such hotels in this world like that?

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th November 2010 at 15:26.
Old 29th November 2010, 15:49   #2685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Mutton Biryani was very good and you can smell the saffron in it.

I am becoming a fan of these rolls. Kathi roll was superb with loads of juicy meat pieces stuffed in that huge roti
Mohini serves one the best ZAFRAN biriyani and hence the saffron smell.Next time,dont miss the delicious kulfi laced with saffron at Mohini.

BTW-what is the name and location of this Kathi roll joint.?

Most Viewed