Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2010, 19:27   #2716
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post

Nawabs N Nizams - It's On Hitech City rd, just after Centre for Organazation Development. Really good Middle Eastern, Hyderabadi & Lucknowi cusine... highly recomended
Dear Sabby-069,

Welcome to Team-Bhp and this wonderful thread.

A quick question-Have you been at Nawabs N Nizams and if so when.?

I did not have a good experience at this joint and many of my acquaintances have similar opinion to share.

This thread is being watched by many Bhpian's and guest users,it receives close to 10k hits per month.We normally recommend restaurants on this thread based on our own experience.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 10th December 2010 at 19:31. Reason: Edit
Old 10th December 2010, 19:40   #2717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post
@Motoringlover you could try -

Point Pleasant - It's off Rd#10 (after Karvy on your left if you are coming from City Centre), Next to the Indo Arab Mosque. Have been there a couple of times and the food is amazing!!

Nawabs N Nizams - It's On Hitech City rd, just after Centre for Organazation Development. Really good Middle Eastern, Hyderabadi & Lucknowi cusine... highly recomended
Hi Sabby,

Been to Nawabs & Nizams offlate and he mentions dum biryani but serves a dhaba style (marinated meat and rice is sauteed like in fried rice)

Moreover the quantity is very little for the price he charges,so will not recommend the place.
Old 11th December 2010, 02:42   #2718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Guys, need help , I have been trying to get some midlle eastern food in hyderabad, I would love to try some hummus, falafal ,etal, can you pls advise.
This is more than a day late, but as usual TBHP went AWOL yesterday night as I set out to make this reply.

For cheap thrills, there's an outlet in the ground floor of SVM Mall on Road #36 which offers decent Turkish. You could try that.

There's another such outlet in the Cinemax complex food court. It wasn't that great. I avoid it now after having tried it once and given them the benefit of the doubt once again.

Just last week I was at the 'Grand 4 Seasons' adjacent to Google in Kondapur. The hummus at INR 120 was decent (only) so I felt it was overpriced. The bigger problems with this restaurant are -

1. It's just too cold. Simply too cold (at least where I sat). The rotis and hummus got cold to the touch within a couple of minutes.

2. Apparently the staff is a little pushy. I'd gone there to meet someone and I was delayed by 10 minutes as I struggled to find a place to park (the common parking lot catering to Subway + Barista + G4S + Cakes 'n' More + everything-else-in-that-building was abnormally - for a Monday afternoon - full). The person who I was going to meet had arrived on time and was waiting for me. He was constantly being asked by the staff to move out to make way for other groups who were ready to eat!

Regards,
spadix
Old 11th December 2010, 10:39   #2719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
There's another such outlet in the Cinemax complex food court. It wasn't that great. I avoid it now after having tried it once and given them the benefit of the doubt once again.
Me, RR and Himanshu had this cuisine in Cinemax mall. Yeah, as you mentioned nothing to write home about.

Last evening, we ventured to "Mayabazar" for dinner

We ordered :-

Special Chinese Chicken Snack of the house
Veg Shangai Rolls
Fruit Punch-3 No's
Rotis and Kulcha
Stuffed Capsicum
Meat Biryani

Total : Rs.700

Chicken snack was good except it was with bones. I hate chinese starters with bone

Shangai Rolls was pretty bland

FP was nice

Rotis and Capsicum was excellent

Meat Biryani was below average

Next time if i visit this place, no starters. Only roti and curry and maybe fried rice. That's it

Sardarji was happy to see me after some time and paid close attention to our table. However, i gave a brutally honest feedback and his face turned small. But, someone has to do the honours

Btw, he mentioned this place will see a brand new menu from next week. What they need is not a new menu but a mechanism to be consistent with their quality
Old 12th December 2010, 16:14   #2720
BHPian

Mates - All Seasons overall was good, i guess my timing was off, we reached pretty late (10:30), so we had no pita bread instead had to suffice with nan, but i still got to eat humus and falafel, so i guess no complaints.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 12th December 2010, 16:47   #2721
BHPian

Guys - My bad - i was referring to All Seasons in my post above.
Old 12th December 2010, 22:49   #2722
BHPian

Hi Guys

Went to Ohri's Veg restaurant at somajiguda today with family (total 3).

I quite like the rajasthani taste there..

Maharaja Thali x1 Rs.115
Chola bhatura combo x1 Rs.115
Idly x1 Rs.35
Masala Dosa x1 Rs.55

VAT @ 14.5%

NETT: Rs. 366/-

Maharaja Thali had 3 curries, pulao, paratha, roti, salad, dessert and the best daal makhani!

Chola in CBC was a bit sour but good, bhatura was huge! Also dahi wada with it!

Idli was fine, and Dosa was also good and big!

Very Very VFM!
Old 13th December 2010, 00:21   #2723
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to Papaji Ka Dhaba yesterday afternoon for lunch.

Chilly Fish
Butter Chicken Boneless
Tandoori Roti
Meat Biryani

Chilly Fish was superb

Butter Chicken having it after a year or so. One of the best butter chicken you get in hyderabad. Typical dhaba style with a lot of panache

At 2:30pm, its time for a fresh pot of steaming biryani. So fresh, the spices were not hard to fathom and they were playing around with your good senses. Absolutely delectable

Prices have just increased a tad bit. Nothing that you will notice if you glance through their menu card.

Never can get enough of this true dhaba style food
Old 13th December 2010, 10:38   #2724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Dear Sabby-069,

A quick question-Have you been at Nawabs N Nizams and if so when.?

I did not have a good experience at this joint and many of my acquaintances have similar opinion to share.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcotsrinivas View Post
Hi Sabby,

Been to Nawabs & Nizams offlate and he mentions dum biryani but serves a dhaba style (marinated meat and rice is sauteed like in fried rice)

Moreover the quantity is very little for the price he charges,so will not recommend the place.
This joint has to improve a lot on the food quality and their service as well.

Many a times, stale food was served to the customers on a weekend.

Thanks Arcot for seconding my comments.
Old 13th December 2010, 10:44   #2725
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Beijing chef @ Madhapur on Friday night, courtesy a combo-meal deal from snapmydeal.com (SILVERWOOD +1)

I ordered 1 NV and one Veg combo meal.The spread was decent for 127 Rs priced combo.

1, Chicken hot-n-sour Soup
2, Chicken chilly wet
3, Chicken fried rice
4, Egg noodles &
5, Chicken Manchurian.

The staff is very courteous, but took almost half an hour to serve.
Old 13th December 2010, 13:14   #2726
Senior - BHPian

Tansen (Ohri's at Necklace Road)

Visited Tansen (Ohri's on Necklace Road) the other day.

Nice drinks (we tried some non-alcoholic beverages such as the chilli lemon juice and mint-and-ginger), nice starters (veg. platter), good moong dal, OK curry (bhendi rathlami) and really nice Subz pulao.

At INR 500/head the buffet (342/head) would've been cheaper but I don't like getting up often from the dining table .

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 13th December 2010 at 13:16. Reason: Wanted to change the post's title -- hate this default thingy
Old 13th December 2010, 13:42   #2727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had been to Beijing chef @ Madhapur on Friday night, courtesy a combo-meal deal from snapmydeal.com (SILVERWOOD +1)
Beijing and Shanghai are key cities of China but, do you think it's alright to interchange them?

Btw, i bought 3 vouchers and plan to use it before my vacation.

Can we order whatever we want OR the list of items in NV and V are fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
At INR 500/head the buffet (342/head) would've been cheaper but I don't like getting up often from the dining table.
500/head for a veg meal is not at all VFM. On second thoughts, maybe it is with onion pricing hitting an all time high of Rs.42/kg and Chicken hitting an all time low of some 50 bucks or something

My reason for hating a buffet is mainly due to large quantities of good food available
Old 13th December 2010, 13:47   #2728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
500/head for a veg meal is not at all VFM. On second thoughts, maybe it is with onion pricing hitting an all time high of Rs.42/kg and Chicken hitting an all time low of some 50 bucks or something
Very true although there wasn't a lot of onion in what we ate .

The full order was three of those drinks (each @150 - very high priced), 5 veg. soups (shorba actually), one veg. starter platter, 5 different plates of naans/kulchas, one rice item, one daal item and one curry item. No desserts, but there was one canned juice.

I've come to expect 300/head minimum for this stuff. It did feel sad giving up 500 instead to Ohri's (who I think position themselves as a value option) although the ambience etc. was good, with a good view of Tank Bund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My reason for hating a buffet is mainly due to large quantities of good food available
That goes without saying. Given the volume of people having dinner outside on a Sunday night a buffet during weekends just doesn't make sense if you wanted a quiet outing . That became the bigger concern at that point of time.

Regards,
spadix
Old 13th December 2010, 15:20   #2729
BHPian

Quote:
This joint has to improve a lot on the food quality and their service as well.

Many a times, stale food was served to the customers on a weekend.

Thanks Arcot for seconding my comments.

The only reason this hotel is still in business is because he serves till 3 am from a rear entrance located in the lane adjacent to it or it should have been out of business months ago.

Last edited by arcotsrinivas : 13th December 2010 at 15:21.
Old 13th December 2010, 16:58   #2730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcotsrinivas View Post
The only reason this hotel is still in business is because he serves till 3 am from a rear entrance located in the lane adjacent to it or it should have been out of business months ago.
True. Been there once long back for lunch and wasnt impressed. Anyways, who the heck wants to go to that place when there are so many lovely eating joints to go back to and newer ones to explore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks