Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2011, 14:16   #2851
Team-BHP Support

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

If you love Beef, you must check out Alhamdullilah in Dhoolpet.
Its quite close to the Yousufain Dargah and is an absolute delight.

Went there after a really long time.
Tala Gosht, Sheekh Kabeb and one roomali roti: Rs 80 something.
Haleem, Paya, Shorba, 2 Shermal Naan: Rs 74

Good food at very good prices.
But its beef only.

I have mentioned this restaurant before, but the visit last night, reminded me of just how good this place is.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:16   #2852
BHPian

Bblost, directions to Alhamdulilah please? I don't think I have ever been to Dhoolpet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Attachment 492274Last evening been to "Khan Saab" for dinner......
We went there yesterday too. But for lunch when there wasn't much crowd and so we didn't have to wait for a table like you had to.

Paya - It was hot and went down easily but had a lot of pepper/garam masala and I couldn't make out the flavour of the meat at all.

Makki ki roti and tandoori rotis - no complaints.

Dal makhni - This was good.

Bhuna machchi (don't remember the exact name) - The fish was good but it was drowned in a thick, strong tasting gravy which we didn't have much of.

We liked the complimentary accompaniments - the murabba, the garlic pickle and a dahi-based dip.

The service was very quick - we ordered everything together and the food came to the table even before I had finished my soup. Just one annoying incident at the end after we filled up the feedback form. The waiter kept trying to persuade us to give our email ids which we politely refused to give. Finally when he used the words "dena hi padega", I lost my temper and asked him to call someone senior to the table. He backed off after that.

I don't remember the bill amount exactly - I think it was about 800. I also noticed there was no service charge which is unusual nowadays.

Last edited by straightdrive : 31st January 2011 at 16:19.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:58   #2853
BHPian

Re: Harry's Diner

After Khan Saab for lunch, four of us had dinner at Harry's Diner last night based on the recommendations I saw in this thread.

Plus points - Friendly and courteous service, good music playing (mostly country music while I was there), cheerful place with a interesting photos on the walls.

Negatives - The food took a long time to come to the table - soup, starters, main course. We were there for almost two hours.

The soups and pizzas were ordinary. The pasta was decent. I had some poached betki fillet which I liked but it seemed overpriced at about 250 or so for the quantity that was served. We tried some smoothies which were pretty good too.

Would definitely like to go there again, for the service and the music. I asked the waiter for some extra vegetables with my fish. He misheard it as "wedges" and brought us a plate for potato wedges. When he understood what I had asked for he smiled, said "Have the wedges anyway" and refused to charge us for it.

Total bill of about 1300 including service charges at 10% and VAT and after 25% discount. I told them I was a member of Team BHP.

The proprietor Harish was asking about Team BHP and if we would like to use his place for putting up posters and promotional material. Might be a good place for a meet.

Last edited by straightdrive : 31st January 2011 at 17:03.
Old 31st January 2011, 18:16   #2854
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
Bblost, directions to Alhamdulilah please? I don't think I have ever been to Dhoolpet.
On the Nampally Station Road, locate Yousufain Dargah. Its close to the Ek Minar Masjid.
From there you can ask for the hotel. Its world famous in that area. so getting o it will not be a problem.

Happy eating.
Old 1st February 2011, 07:53   #2855
BHPian

Re: Harry's Diner

Quote:
After Khan Saab for lunch, four of us had dinner at Harry's Diner last night based on the recommendations I saw in this thread.

Total bill of about 1300 including service charges at 10% and VAT and after 25% discount. I told them I was a member of Team BHP.
So Straightdrive becomes the 1st Team-BHPian to avail the discount.

Yes, Harish has agreed to offer all Team-BHP members a clean 25 % discount. All you need to do is inform him in the begining itself that you are a member of Team-BHP and would be seeking the discount.

A big plus of the place is that the VAT is 4 % and NOT 14.5 % as charged by the bigger eateries. That is a clean saving of 10.5 %.

Of course, he does add 10 % Service Charge but then most places also do so, exception being Khan Saab as per Mobikes latest review.

I had a Sicily Medium Non Veg Pizza. It was loaded with so much non veg and between my son & myself we got overdosed with meat and were so tired of trying to finish it that we finally got the last slice packed. Very very different from Dominos and Pizza Huts and so much more satisfying. Rs. 285 menu price which works out to 244 net including all.

He makes a very good Ceaser's Salad and I can never have enough of it and would love to go there every now and then to satisfy myself. The drawback is that he makes it a wee bit extra sour which I do not like. The quantity is huge and can easily be a meal by itself for a normal person (not a hearty eater like me). Priced at 145 works out to 124 net.

Also tried Chicken Basil Pasta Pesto. Was nice and full of herbs but would suggest Chicken Alfredo Pasta as that is the best there which is worth going back again and again.

I had been there last Saturday (while the BBQs were in full swing at Arun's) at around 8:30 pm. The place was full but for 2 tables. I occupied one of them and soon the other was also occupied. There was constant movement with people finishing and leaving while newer and hungry gentry walking in. However I did not see any waitings.

Mobike and Straightdrive both have reported that service is slow but I was lucky in my 2 visits to the place (one when it was empty but for me and one as above when it was nearly full) that service was as efficient as any other place, if not better. Got the soup and starters pretty fast and main course soon thereafter. I had started from my home at 8:15 and was back home at 9:45.

Hyd_traveller + 5 :
01) Chicken Mushroom Soup - 1 - 115
02) Chicken Cilantro Soup - 1 - 110
03) Cheese Fries - 1 - 90
04) Chicken Ceaser Salad - 1 - 145
05) Teriyaki Chicken Wings - 1 - 160
06) Thumbs Up - 1 - 38
07) Diet Coke (in can) - 1 - 38
08) Chicken Sicily Medium Pizza - 1 - 285
09) Chicken Basil Pasta Pesto - 1 - 235
10) Classic Veg Burger - 1 - 95
Total - 1,311
Discount 25 % - 328
Sub-Total - 983
Service Charge 10 % - 98
VAT 4 % - 39
Total - 1,121

Savings - 374. Wow, I will be back.

Quote:
The proprietor Harish was asking about Team BHP and if we would like to use his place for putting up posters and promotional material. Might be a good place for a meet.
Meet may be an issue for the reasons : (1) Parking (all members like to come by their own sets of wheels) ; (2) Beverage Menu is incomplete ;

Still, we can think of a Lunch Meet like we did at Sazio more than a year back.
Old 1st February 2011, 11:02   #2856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Its close to the Ek Minar Masjid......Happy eating.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
.......Meet may be an issue for the reasons : (1) Parking (all members like to come by their own sets of wheels) ; (2) Beverage Menu is incomplete ; Still, we can think of a Lunch Meet .......
Yes, this may be more suitable for a lunch meet. There is some parking space in the lane next to the Midtown building that's next to the restaurant.

Last edited by straightdrive : 1st February 2011 at 11:04.
Old 1st February 2011, 11:28   #2857
Distinguished - BHPian

Bajaj Saab, Kudos for getting the 25% discount at Harry's Diner.

Having said that, I would never think/propose of that restuarant for any of our Team-BHP meet.

It's so "NOT IN" if you know what i mean

It's only good for once in a blue moon eating out for continental food.

Btw, I have heard good things from colleagues about another reasonable continental food join at Gachibowli "Over the Flames". With same levels of attention from its owner. Anybody been there yet?
Old 5th February 2011, 13:28   #2858
Distinguished - BHPian

Gastronomical weekend ahead

Dinner at Sholay

Tomorrow's lunch at City Grand ( Warangal)

Tomorrow's dinner at Colors N Flavours ( Any feedback on this joint?)
Old 8th February 2011, 13:45   #2859
Distinguished - BHPian

A close friend is in town from US. Yesterday, we had dinner at Blue Fox, Himayathnagar

Apollo Fish
Chicken Tikka
Chicken Biryani
Fruit Punches--4 No's

They serve a garlic chutney which is so unique to Blue Fox. Terrific!

The food continues to delight and their quality is simply consistent. All these 3 dishes were near perfection with marination done so well that juices flow out and it just tantalizes your taste buds.

We had given a special advice of little extra spicy which made it even more enjoyable especially since i was just about recovering from the gastronomical specialities of our sunday lunch in Warangal
Old 9th February 2011, 14:56   #2860
Senior - BHPian

I had my lunch at Sholay (SILVERWOOD+1) and ordered

1, Bhatinda De Kukkad-Do i have to mention the taste, it was fantabulous.
2, Butter Naan
3, Chicken Biriyani-This was a surprise,one of the best biriyani i had in recent times &
4, Fresh Lime-2 No's

Total Damages-Rs 471 after 20% discount.

Total fulltoo VFM restaurant.
Old 9th February 2011, 16:05   #2861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I had my lunch at Sholay (SILVERWOOD+1)

Total Damages-Rs 471 after 20% discount.

Total fulltoo VFM restaurant.
How did you get the discount? Was there a snapdeal coupon or something?
Old 9th February 2011, 16:13   #2862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
All T-Bhpian's are entitled for a generous discount of 20% at Sholay,courtesy Bajaj Sahb (HYD TRAVELER).

You need to inform the waiter (or maitre d) before placing the order that you are from T-Bhp and will be expecting this discount.

BTW-Do not miss the signature dish of Sholay, Bhatinda De Kukkad.(if you are a Non-Vegetarian)

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 9th February 2011 at 16:15.
Old 9th February 2011, 16:15   #2863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
This is a special Team BHP discount. All you need to do is say you are from TBHP.
Old 9th February 2011, 16:20   #2864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Chicken Biriyani-This was a surprise,one of the best biriyani i had in recent times
After eating biryani in so many places. I have "almost" concluded that Sholay's Biryani is the best ( Or atleast the most consistent) in terms of taste and flavour.

Had planned to visit it last week but, couldnt.

I recommend we all have our dinner tomorrow night there post the discussion which I assume will happen at Ravvs place.
Old 9th February 2011, 16:27   #2865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After eating biryani in so many places. I have "almost" concluded that Sholay's Biryani is the best ( Or atleast the most consistent) in terms of taste and flavour.
This Biriyani was the perfect blend of Rice,chicken and spices.

It was so good that i never felt the need of Mirchi ka saalan or curd raita.

Quote:

Had planned to visit it last week but, couldnt.

I recommend we all have our dinner tomorrow night there post the discussion which I assume will happen at Ravvs place.
If we finish our discussions and dinner by 11pm, we could visit Rasranjan @PG road or Naturals for some tasty ice creams.

Last edited by mobike008 : 9th February 2011 at 16:34. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 20 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks