Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2011, 12:38   #2926
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
T

On another note,was at BBQ Nation yesterday and they now have an offer called Before 8pm.Fridays to Sundays if one were to make a reservation and get to their tables before 8pm,then the rates are the weekday rates.The only thing I missed out was I did not ask them what the weekday rate was.

The weekend rate is INR 650 all inclusive.So the weekday rate must be lower than this for sure.
The weekday rate for Lunch was about Rs.350++ in September. Haven't been there since.
Old 28th February 2011, 11:38   #2927
Team-BHP Support

Rajdhani also has a box you can take home. Its Rs 99.

Picked up some boxes over the weekend for lunch at home.
Its a decent spread but does not compare to the actual thali in terms of items.

While there also took some pictures. Sorry about the poor quality.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img031.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img032.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img033.jpg

With Summer here, my favorite drink does not make me guilty.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-faluda-1.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-faluda-2.jpg

Rs 40. Snapped the picture outside Food Inn, KothaGuda crossroads.

Food Inn, decent food at decent prices. If you want Hyderabadi food and are feeling to lazy to go elsewhere. Not a great place. Not bad either.
Old 28th February 2011, 12:38   #2928
Senior - BHPian

After reading quite a few posts about Rajdhani, me and wifey decided to give it a try for quick lunch. I had been to Rajdhani in Delhi in 2008 and had quite liked the place. As a matter of fact last week during one of our visits to the Big Cinema for a movie, we had seen that Rajdhani was celebrating Rajasthani Food Festival.

We went to Rajdhani and it was quite full but thankfully got a table straight away. Saturday Lunch menu didn't have the typical Rajasthani dish of Dal Bati which was a disappointment for me but contained Puranpoli and Bajra Roti. The curries included Sweet Dal, Kadhi, Mixed Vegetable, Black Daal, Aloo Dum and few other dishes. Special mention must be given to the Kadhi which was simply delicious. Starters included Jal Jeera and Dahi Wada. Desert was Gajar Ka Hlawa and Custard.

As per wifey this thali was more Gujarati than Rajasthani. I liked the food but its definitely not worth Rs229/Head. In Delhi guests were were welcomed with a tika et al, which seems to be have been done away with. But the attention towards guests was simply superb!

P.S: Because of Rajasthani festival, wifey got a set of bangles
Old 1st March 2011, 11:40   #2929
BHPian

Tandoor, Behind White House, Next to LifeStyle, Begumpet.

They have sit down unlimited food buffet. They have priced the buffet at 300++ for lunch and 400++ for dinner. They do not have bar license so that makes the venue family friendly.

Has anyone tried this restaurant in recent times?

Their branch at MG Road, Bangalore is doing awesome business and I just loved the food there. I have yet to try it here.

Bahar, Hyderaguda.

While returning from Mozamjahi Market after buying the weekly stock of sweet limes and oranges for morning juice, I got packed a "Double Mutton Biryani" as a take away for lunch.

Good enough for 2 people. They charged me 160 for it and 5 for extra dahi chatni that I wanted.

Awesome and real good stuff. The rice did not turn dry even under the fan and was as juicy and succulent when microwaveed and eaten for dinner. There was enough mutton in it to ensure that no one felt cheated for the non veg part.

The regular mutton biryani was priced at 100.

Australian Kebab, diagonally opposite Ratnadeep, Madhapur.

They have Subway concept and all they have done is changed the breads from Subway Breads to Pita Bread.

Though the rolls are tasty, they are not Turkish except for the names.

Thorough disappointment since I went expecting Turkish food.

Pizza Hut, Rajbhawan Road, Near Necklace Road MMTS Station.

Second consecutive visit when they have erred in billing and then tried to act smart by not accepting their fault.

This time, it was the total in the bill that was wrong and when asked to do the totalling manually, the answer was it is system calculated so how can it be wrong.

Only when I yelled at the manager did they do it manually and then accept their mistake and refund the balance.

My antic made all other customers pull up their socks and check the totals. No idea if anyone else found an error.

The last time, they had billed me for food which was neither served nor ordered.

My parting shot to the manager was that if they err next time, the bill will be on the house which he has agreed to and given his mobile number also.

Please pray that they err next time and I get free eats.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:25   #2930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

They have sit down unlimited food buffet. They have priced the buffet at 300++ for lunch and 400++ for dinner. They do not have bar license so that makes the venue family friendly.

Their branch at MG Road, Bangalore is doing awesome business and I just loved the food there. I have yet to try it here.
the blore outlet when it opened was reportedly owned by Kapil Dev,not sure if it still is and also not sure if the hyd one is a branch of the blore one.The blore outlet is prohibitively expensive though.The rates at the hyd outlet look very impressive.
Quote:
Bahar,
Noticed that there is a new Bahar Restaurant opening up next to Pantaloons on SP Road.They have a huge banner put up there.Also news is that the bldg under construction next to Ushakiron studios is Le Meridien.

Also Rajdhani has a flat 15% off on citibank credit/debit card.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:30   #2931
BHPian

The website upto75.com has a 20% off coupon for Tandoor restaurant.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:36   #2932
BHPian

Quote:

Have been to Tandoor a number of times, everytime I go there, they never leave even a single stone unturned to amaze me and piss me off. Their quality has detoriated as of now. I would not say, it's Pathetic, but would say that their quality has gone down. Loved Tandoor, when it was Al-a-carte, but as it has moved on to the Buffet thing, their quality has gone down. Love thier Shorba and Kebab's a lot. If you haven't been there earlier, then it would be a good experience. But if you have been there earlier, then I would say STAY AWAY.

Quote:
Please pray that they err next time and I get free eats.
AMEN! Praying for you Bajaj Saab, hope you would remember my prayers during your Free Eats session. Please do buss me to drop down during that Free Eats session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Noticed that there is a new Bahar Restaurant opening up next to Pantaloons on SP Road.They have a huge banner put up there.Also news is that the bldg under construction next to Ushakiron studios is Le Meridien.
That Banner's been there for a long time. Bahar never excites me, as I always find their Biryani to be a bit bland to taste. Until unless I don't tell them the Magical Word "Double Masala, Double Ghosth", they serve the blander variant of Biryani. I would love to go to a place, where I don't have to say Double Masala, as the masala in the biryani should be more than enough. Love the Biryani at Shadab, Shahghouse, Sohail as they make the real authentic styled biryani with the correct amount of masala.

Have noticed that the Biryani at Paradise & Bahar have very less masala these days? I think, it is due to the varied sections of people they serve daily. I had a friend, who dropped down from Delhi & had Biryani at Shahghouse once and Paradise the next time. He was all teary eyed, when he had Biryani at Shahghouse as he found it to be very very spciy but loved the Biyrani at Paradise because it was not that spicy. Now, which of these is the REAL Biryani? The Original Masala'd Biryani or the Mellowed Down Biryani?
Old 2nd March 2011, 14:49   #2933
BHPian

Chef Kerela-Madhapur-Lunch

This is the new joint above sarvi bakers

Dishes ordered:-

Kerela Thali
Some Dark Choclate gravy chicken
Fried Fish Fillet(More on lines of chappa vepadu)

I liked the chicken ,though the gravy had excess of coconut oil.

Appams were not available (only dinner)

Fish was bland ( had to spice it up with green chutney and some red chilli powder)

I liked the thali ( with the bloated rice)

Meal for 2 costed -INR 450.

Will go there again
Old 2nd March 2011, 15:45   #2934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
AMEN! Praying for you Bajaj Saab, hope you would remember my prayers during your Free Eats session. Please do buss me to drop down during that Free Eats session.
Thanks Nikhil.
If I can know beforehand that Pizza Hut will commit a billing error, I will certainly call you up.
Actually, why only you, let me invite all members of Team-BHP and their families, relatives and friends also while at it. LOL.

Where is Sarvi Bakery in Madhapur?
RR, how do you compare this Kerala place with the one on Road No. 10, Banjara Hills, behind City Centre Mall?
Old 2nd March 2011, 15:57   #2935
BHPian

Quote:
RR, how do you compare this Kerala place with the one on Road No. 10, Banjara Hills, behind City Centre Mall?
RR Bhai, please do compare Utupura and Cafe Kerala and post your reviews about who serves good Kerala Food. I had Fried Kerala Fish once in Alipey, loved it a lot. It was deep fried and had amazing masala stuffed in. Did not get that similar type of Fried Fish here. Hope I get lucky in Cafe Kerela.
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:05   #2936
BHPian

The only other places i've had kerela khaana was the buffet at westin(some kerala food festival) and kairali -(shack kind joint in gachibowli)

Haven't been to the ones mentioned by bajaj saheb and nikhil .

I have read lot of good things about utupura though on this thread

Sarvi bakery in madhapur is on the main road itself next to the airtel showroom.

This kerela place ambience wise is like a college canteen ,so don't expect much there
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:08   #2937
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
kairali -(shack kind joint in gachibowli)
I think Kairali has shut down. I tried going there last week after a gap of almost a year, but was not able to locate it. :(
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:11   #2938
BHPian

Quote:
kairali -(shack kind joint in gachibowli)
I always wanted to try out Kairali, when I was at DLF. My folks were always skeptical about having food there and that's where I had to miss it. Hows the food at Kairali Rajesh Bhai? Worth trying atleast?

Quote:
I have read lot of good things about utupura though on this thread
Quote:
This kerela place ambience wise is like a college canteen ,so don't expect much there
Utupura is good, but as you said these places look like College Canteen ambience wise and cannot expect much taam jhaam there. Moreover, they aren't exhobirantly priced.

BTW, looks like Grand Wok is calling me big time these days. Have to pay them a visit to devore their Prawns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I think Kairali has shut down. I tried going there last week after a gap of almost a year, but was not able to locate it. :(
Are you sure about it?

Last edited by traveloholic : 2nd March 2011 at 16:13.
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:23   #2939
Team-BHP Support

I drove by twice, was unable to locate it. I hope I made a mistake rather than the place being shutdown.
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:40   #2940
Senior - BHPian

Since am a big fan of Mallu Food especially Beef Chilli and Kerala Parotta apart from being kinda resident expert on Utupura , I'll head out to the new place in Madhapur to do a quick comparo this evening.

BTW where do you park your vehicle for this place?

Most Viewed