Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 07:48   #2986
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

There may be traffic jam issues in the city on 10-Mar-2011 due to the proposed March.

I have to be in Gachibowli area at 1:30 pm. So I am thinking that I should lunch in that area before returning back to the city and the traffic jams which seem inevitable.

Seeking suggestions for a nice venue for lunch in Gachibowli/Hi-Tec-City/Kondapur/Jubilee-Hills/Banjara-Hills areas.

The venue must have comfortable seating and allow me to while away the time (waiting for traffic to clear) in an a/c environment and serve multi-cuisine or NorthIndian/Punjabi/Peshawari N/V food at a reasonable price.

F9 Diner is an option but does not have North-Indian in its menu.

Backup plans include Chutneys or Minerva on Road No. 36 if nothing else works out. I know they are both veg and South Indian cuisine - thats why they are as backup.

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th March 2011, 11:51   #2987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Seeking suggestions for a nice venue for lunch in Gachibowli/Hi-Tec-City/Kondapur/Jubilee-Hills/Banjara-Hills areas.

The venue must have comfortable seating and allow me to while away the time (waiting for traffic to clear) in an a/c environment and serve multi-cuisine or NorthIndian/Punjabi/Peshawari N/V food at a reasonable price.
I can think of three good options -

1. Food 'n' I above Ratnadeep supermarket near Hi-Tec City. Great food, good for the price.

2. Daspalla near Pride Honda. Above average food, but a bit pricey for what you get. Extremely plush interiors, though, and a nice way to while time away.

3. Bar One, Kondapur. Total paisa vasool and time pass if you like local theka/bar kinds.

Regards,
spadix
Old 9th March 2011, 14:00   #2988
Senior - BHPian

Sarvi Bakery opp. Care Hospital in Banjara Hills have started offering Biryani's and Kebabs and to promote this they are distributing the menu through newspaper inserts.

One of the things that menu says is Free Home Delivery within 3 Kms radius IIRC. So when I call them they rudely say we don't do Home Delivery. No talk about address, etc. Just plain simple NO. The way that guy spoke, I don't think I'll want to go to Sarvi ever again. Really rude guys!
Old 9th March 2011, 14:10   #2989
BHPian

Fusion 9 in Banjara Hills is one place where you could expect all the classy food. Price s bit high. But the BAR is great. Very good atmosphere. Food tastes good, total value for the money spent.
Old 9th March 2011, 14:16   #2990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Sarvi Bakery opp. Care Hospital in Banjara Hills have started offering Biryani's and Kebabs and to promote this they are distributing the menu through newspaper inserts.
Sarvi started that long time ago. Been there a number of times and enjoyed their Kebab's a lot. This was during the initial days of its inaugration. Loved their Chelow Kebab, its simply AWESOME. The quantity of Biryani served is amazing and mind you, its not Hyderabadi Dum Biryani but is a Iranian varient of Biryani. Loved the taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
One of the things that menu says is Free Home Delivery within 3 Kms radius IIRC. So when I call them they rudely say we don't do Home Delivery. No talk about address, etc. Just plain simple NO. The way that guy spoke, I don't think I'll want to go to Sarvi ever again. Really rude guys!
Cannot really comment much on this, as I have noticed their rude behaviour right from their hay days at Sarvi Mehdipatnam till Sarvi Banjara Hills. Looks like they are already running short of staff there at Sarvi Banjara Hills, always see only 3-4 people handling everything in there.
Old 9th March 2011, 14:24   #2991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post

Cannot really comment much on this, as I have noticed their rude behaviour right from their hay days at Sarvi Mehdipatnam till Sarvi Banjara Hills. Looks like they are already running short of staff there at Sarvi Banjara Hills, always see only 3-4 people handling everything in there.
The point is why write/mention something that you cannot do. And there is a nice way to refuse as well.
I'm not going there to get stuff, however good the Biryani may be.
Old 10th March 2011, 14:01   #2992
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, got a lot of stuff delivered from " Spice King" Himayathnagar

Apollo Fish ( Rs.240)
Fish Tikka ( Rs.240)
Chicken Tikka ( Rs.190)
Chicken Tikka Masala ( Rs.190)
Chicken 65 ( Rs.150)
Tandoori Roti and Roomali Roti

I am sorry to say this restuarant being part of the famous Babul Reddy ( Blue Fox, Palace Heights, Siddhartha, Miverva Grand etc) the food was downright horrible. For those pricing, we should have ordered from Clove in Himayathnagar which is very very good. I was not sure if they deliver.

Chicken was better but, in my books it was below average

Apollo Fish was terrible, so much coating it can put shame to the coated Appollo Fish we got served last week in Sholay

Fish Tikka was marginally better

Didnt try the curries as it was devoured by someone else.

Hunger pangs took in very late at night so we headed this time straight to Green Park.

Oh boy! Their buffet is worth it only for their extremely delicious Haleem and equally delectable Biryani. Price is 331 AI/ Head. This time wifey was happy with our choice but, not with the time we reached back home.
Old 11th March 2011, 07:59   #2993
BHPian

This is a nice one : Pay Rs 169 to gorge on Unlimited Turkish Kebabs & One Coke worth Rs 437 at Sunshine Kebabs

Daily Best Deals on Restaurants, Pubs, Spas, Gyms etc in Hyderabad - SnapDeal.com

How about having a Hyderabad/Secunderabad Team-BHP meet at the venue using these coupons?
Old 11th March 2011, 08:46   #2994
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How about having a Hyderabad/Secunderabad Team-BHP meet at the venue using these coupons?
Sounds good. But, someone has to buy the coupons. Who will that be?
Old 12th March 2011, 23:00   #2995
Team-BHP Support

Harry's Diner.

Last night I picked up a Chicken + Corn pizza, a Big eat chicken sandwich and Harry's special chicken wings.
Was chatting with Harry, whom I met for the first time. He was preparing a banoffee for another customer. It looked lovely and I said so.
He promptly served me a slice. Free of cost.
It was a beautiful dish.
With a nice crusty bottom, banana's and a big topping of cream. Served with chocolate sauce.
The complete dish includes ice cream.

A banoffee makes 4 servings. He gave one to the customer, one to me. I asked him to pack the remaining two pieces as well with my order.

Good dinner and my family liked it.
Bill was a little under 1,000.

Chef Inam:

Tonight picked up a juicy beef steak and some mutton chops from here. Rs 250 each.
Fantastic and good food.
The best thing about this place is that the food is not semi prepared and then completed. Its raw meat that is cooked after you place the order. So its taste is just perfect.
Do note that they use the same grill for all meats.
Old 14th March 2011, 11:47   #2996
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Barbeque Nation : A Comprehensive Review, Hope you all will enjoy it :)

Friday

Had a lovely dinner at " Deccan Spice" Kachiguda. Its enroute the railway station.
Ginger Chicken ( Rs.130)

Gravy based chicken which was slightly more liquidish than I prefer. For me, Papaji ka Dhaba Ginger Chicken is the best in our city. This was too equally good except for the thickness. Great taste. Must try

Rotis and Naan : Excellent quality of the bread

Special Mutton Biryani ( Rs. 170)

Awesome biryani. Too much quantity and the meat was tender and delicious with biryani being perfectly blended with spices. Slightly Andhra'ish in taste but, nevertheless quite good.

Good thing they deliver at home too.

Damages : Rs. 400

Saturday

Wifey, Me and another couple went for dinner to BBQ Nation. I came to know they take booking for 2 slots. 7:30pm and 9:30pm. We obviously booked the 930pm slot as we had to go someplace else prior to it.

Menu was exactly the same that I mentioned in my detailed review in Post# 1929

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Menu for the day :-

Veg Grill ( 5 Items) : Thai Grilled Veggies, Tandoori Mushrooms, Malai Paneer,Falafel with Hummas Sauce,Baby Potatoes

Non-Veg Grill ( 5 Items) : Tandoori Crab, Coastal Grilled Prawns,Chicken Tikka,Pesto Grilled Fish,Pudina Mutton Kebabs

Maincourse : Helluva lot of customary items
Desserts ( 8 Items) : Baby Gulam Jamuns, Pineapple Souffle, Kiwi Souffle, Blueberry Cheese Cake, Vanilla Ice-Cream, Pineapple Fluffy cakes and couple of items that i dont remember.

VEG GRILL

Thai Grilled Veggies: My mom ( pure vegetarian) freaked out on Broccolis,Cabbages,Lettuce, Shimla Mirchi ( forgot the english name for it..heheh) all grilled. Tasted Broccolis, Lettuce-awesome. Table next to us wanted broccolis but, waiter politely mentioned its specially for veggie diners.

Tandoori Mushroom : It was coated with flour and tasted very nice after it was coated with mango sauce.

Malai Paneer : White in color and bland. Not to my liking

Falafel with Hummus Sauce : This was the star of Veg Grill. Humungous
difference between falafel at "ALL SEASONS" and this place. Falafels were crispy, crunchy, melted in mouth at first bite and were coated with generous amounts of white hummus sauce was so delicious. I felt like just keep on popping them into my mouth.

Baby Potatoes : What to say, this is BN's signature dish. Small, melt in mouth types, baby potatoes...Slurrp
I was slightly disappointed because of exact same menu except for a different type of prawn which was fresh, juicy and excellent. Me and Friend must have eaten our entire year's quota of Prawns and equally delectable Pesto Fish

My review for each dish remains as in post # 1929. Terrific quality of food and this time the desserts were even more outstanding with some new additions.

Price of this buffet has increased since my last visit and is now Rs.658 AI/Head and this was washed down with quite a few glasses of Masala Cola (Rs.60/Each) which was outstanding just like before

Great Place. Must visit when your in a mood to gorge.....
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img00144201103122205.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th March 2011 at 11:48.
Old 14th March 2011, 11:53   #2997
Team-BHP Support

Chicken Dressed is Rs 150 a kilo. Restaurants have no choice but to raise prices.
Old 14th March 2011, 16:38   #2998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Chicken Dressed is Rs 150 a kilo. Restaurants have no choice but to raise prices.
Today's Prices :

Dressed Chicken with Skin : 134 / Kg

Dressed Chicken w/o Skin : 156 / Kg
Old 16th March 2011, 11:39   #2999
BHPian

URGENT guidance needed :

Name of a venue (for lunch today) which dishes out the best sizzlers in Hyderabad/Secunderabad?
Old 16th March 2011, 16:40   #3000
BHPian

Quote:
URGENT guidance needed :

Name of a venue (for lunch today) which dishes out the best sizzlers in Hyderabad/Secunderabad?
Thanks Ravvs for suggesting IndiJoe for steaks and Deepak for seconding it. Since IndiJoe is always choc-o-bloc at lunch time, I have decided to visit it for dinner tonight and will order (1) Pepper ; (2) Cube ; (3) J.B. ; (4) Mixed Grill ; for the whole group.

So went to Harry's Diner for lunch to satisfy the craving for continental food.

The Chicken Cilantro soup was awesome. Chicken Ceaser Salad was well mixed. Chicken in Asparagus Sauce was very well done and the sauce was nice. Chicken pepper sandwich was excellent (I will never eat a sandwich again at Cafe Coffee Day).

He served a dessert (Bananofee something) complimentary stating that Imran had loved it and I must also try it (Thanks Bblost for the compliments you gave to Harish which entitled me to the free one).

Happy Eating!

Last edited by GTO : 18th March 2011 at 17:49. Reason: As mentioned earlier on this thread, we do not permit notification of discounts extended to members or member's friends

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks