Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2011, 23:08   #3016
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Hi

Went to Chennai Idliz for lunch. me, mom, wife

First we ordered 3 Chennai Idlis. Soft and tasty just like bblost said. But they were served warm and the AC made them less warm. Still good to eat. (My wife makes much better idlis than this though!, ever since we had these in mysore, she's worked hard on this recipe). Sambar was not sweet but lacked substance. He gave two kinds of chutney with this and these were of average taste.

3.5/5

Then we ordered south meals and here the comedy of errors started, i asked the man to give us 1 plate meals, which would have fixed quantity so that we can share. He pointed out in the menu, and we said ok. The owner (good guy) then comes around, and i ask him again just to confirm and he said that no that thali is unlimited and for one person only. We told him about his waiter's ignorance and he then allowed us to share that thali.

Now, i wasn't interested in eating meals, so i ordered a masala dosa and both of them shared the thali. (Anyways, they ate less than what would be in plate meals)

The masala dosa was thin and exactly how a tamil dosa should be.

4.5/5

Then mom ordered a filter coffee without sugar and begum ordered a tamil tea with sugar. The perplexed fellow first brought tea without sugar and gave it to mom saying its coffee. Then brought coffee with sugar and gave it to mom, while we were mixing sugar in our tea(i was sharing this with wife). Mom got angry and the owner got double angry in the kitchen, we could hear all kinds of tamil (or whatever it was). This somehow reminded us of Rajnikanth and we started discussing his movies and thats how our lunch ended. (i couldnt stop laughing!)

Bill Rs. 203. Reasonable prices.

I moved out and clicked two pictures, still smiling.

No idea, who'd park a car like that!
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-image0090.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-image0091.jpg  

Last edited by unoczar : 19th March 2011 at 23:09. Reason: caption
Old 20th March 2011, 00:02   #3017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Curious if any of you have been to this complex(Toli Chowki/Yousuf Tekri Complex where Four Seasons/Mandar/Banne Nawabs is) recently? Most of these issues should have been taken care of, and AFAIK, the last issue they are still working on is the placement of the trash bins on the street(limited control as it's a city thing). Hoping to keep making the experience better and better over time. Let me know if you guys have any other/more suggestions for it.
I daily pass through this area. The Garbage dump on the street along the compound wall is out. they have built a sort of planter along the wall. Easy to park now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You seem to have a sixth sense. I was planning to visit "Four Seasons" on Sunday evening to taste their Biryani as its been very long.
Siddique Kababs adjacent to Four Seasons has improved a lot. Serving good choice of chicken kababs, tandoori & Grilled chicken items. Do try tangdi kabab and the deep fried chicken kababs. But only 'take away' is recomended. VFM. Open during evenings only.
Old 20th March 2011, 08:47   #3018
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
You seem to have a sixth sense. I was planning to visit "Four Seasons" on Sunday evening to taste their Biryani as its been very long.

Will update with a feedback post my visit. Btw, which restuarant is owned by you?
We(My mom and her siblings) don't own any of the restaurants, but thankfully the complex itself. Considering I'm a foodie, having so many good food options close to where I stay when I'm there is a blessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
I daily pass through this area. The Garbage dump on the street along the compound wall is out. they have built a sort of planter along the wall. Easy to park now.

Siddique Kababs adjacent to Four Seasons has improved a lot. Serving good choice of chicken kababs, tandoori & Grilled chicken items. Do try tangdi kabab and the deep fried chicken kababs. But only 'take away' is recomended. VFM. Open during evenings only.
Good to hear, my brother and cousins have been making an effort to improve the complex and the experience for a while now. I'm happy to hear things are improving.
Old 20th March 2011, 11:44   #3019
BHPian

The Clay Pot, Srinagar Colony
800 88 00 696 / 800 88 00 697

This is not a restaurant but a home delivery option started by a couple. They claim they need around 6 hours notice and that they free deliver for orders above Rs 500 and also some more terms & conditions which I heard from one ear and allowed to escape from the other simply because I will continue to patronise a place as long as the terms are acceptable mutually and are satisfactory for me (going OT, I have ordered 1 tandoori roti from Hub and actually got it free delivered without any cribbing).

Anyway, ordered 1 Chicken Biryani and 1 Prawn Fry for dinner & snacks last night as wife had gone to attend a wedding (I placed the order over phone at 2pm and also confirmed it by an SMS giving my address). They did free deliver my Rs 320 worth order and I received a phone call when the delivery boy started from their place at 19:45pm and later from the owner at 22:00 for a feedback.

No VAT, no Taxes and no Service Charge is a plus as of now.

The biryani was delivered in a real clay pot closed with some real plant leaf as the top cover. Salan and Dahi Chatni were in sealed plastic katoris. Onions & lemon wedges duly garnished with dhania were in a polythene packet. I do not think the biryani was prepared in the clay pot but only delivered in it. Very appealing packaging without fail. I give them 09/10 (deducting 01/10 for the leaking salan katori or maybe it was the oil leaked from the Prawn Fry).

The biryani was hot just the way Nikhil described how a biryani should be a few posts back when we discussed Bahar biryani. I personally do not eat as spicy food as this but can say that this spicyness was something I could ingest. All the rice was evenly coated with masala and not like Paradise where most of the rice is plain white and the masala is coating only the chicken and is not sufficient to coat the rice. The rice was long grained but could not make out much fragrance so not sure if it was basmati (maybe because of the spicyness). The quantity was just enough for 2 people with average appetite. On the whole, I enjoyed the biryani and will certainly order again and very soon.

The prawn fry was typical Andhra style with decent sized prawns and lots and lots of masala with a good quantity of green chillies. Just the prefect spicyness needed for a dish to be eaten as snacks in the evening. Will certainly order again soon.

I googled them just now and found them to be listed at :

The Clay Pot, Srinagar Colony, Hyderabad, Home Caterers - burrp.com

The owner called me from his personal mobile 94 900 222 27 for a feedback but by now I have forgotten his name (blame it on the spicy evening snacks).

Here is the menu they sent along with the delivery :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-100_3406.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-100_3407.jpg
Sorry for the poor quality of photos!

Final Verdict : Taste : 10/10 ; Packaging : 09/10 ; Value for Money : 07/10 ;

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 20th March 2011 at 11:47.
Old 20th March 2011, 11:58   #3020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
The Clay Pot, Srinagar Colony
800 88 00 696 / 800 88 00 697
Bajaj Saab, Thats a very encouraging review. I'm sure we can order foodfrom here for one of our regular meets
Old 20th March 2011, 13:26   #3021
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review there Bajaj saab. I know CP is a new entrant at Burrp

My next obvious question would be, do they deliver to Himayathnagar?
Old 20th March 2011, 16:05   #3022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm sure we can order foodfrom here for one of our regular meets
Quote:
My next obvious question would be, do they deliver to Himayathnagar?
Mobike008, even if they do not deliver to Himayathnagar, you can get to savour the taste as suggested by MileCruncher at a regular meet which can be held at Hill View and the order can be a variety of dishes from The Clay Pot
Old 20th March 2011, 22:41   #3023
Senior - BHPian

We were in a mood for a light dinner. So we ordered Kolkata Rolls from Baba's Chulha at Somajiguda.

The cost for a Chicken Katti Roll and an Egg Roll was 110 INR. Both were great to eat, and now the family has decided to shift to Kolkata Rolls in future instead of Frankies from White House, Begumpet.
Old 21st March 2011, 08:10   #3024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
We were in a mood for a light dinner. So we ordered Kolkata Rolls from Baba's Chulha at Somajiguda.
Venu Sir, we also ordered from Baba's Chullah last night but as a home delivery option which was delivered at 8:30pm at Hidden Treasure : Baba Chullah's Special Chicken Malai Tikka Kebab (150) & Chicken Reshmi Butter Masala (150). Was your order also delivered at the same time since I saw the delivery boy carrying 2 more parcels with him?

OT : He normally delivers in 15 minutes flat at Hill View but takes 1 hour for Hidden Treasure (reason given by him was that he tries to club 2-3 delivereis together for Hidden Treasure area).
Old 21st March 2011, 14:10   #3025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was planning to visit "Four Seasons" on Sunday evening to taste their Biryani as its been very long.

Will update with a feedback post my visit.
I found Four Seasons biryani to be quite tasteless. Now, I concede that I had the vegetarian biryani but the base rice + spices must be the same in the non-vegetarian biryanis as well.

Regards,
spadix
Old 21st March 2011, 15:02   #3026
Distinguished - BHPian

After an excellent and extensive home made maharastrian lunch for some cousins and family and some delectable ice-cream from Ohri's, no mood to go out in evening.

Decided to have a simple meal at home

Ordered from "Deccan Spice" Kachiguda. Delivered it in 30 minutes

Loose Prawns (Rs. 180)
Superb. Large pieces of prawns golden fried along with garlic chutney made an excellent snack.

Ginger Chicken (Rs. 140)
My second favorite ginger chicken gravy in town. Went exceeding well with home-made phulkas.
Old 21st March 2011, 18:02   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Venu Sir, we also ordered from Baba's Chullah last night but as a home delivery option which was delivered at 8:30pm at Hidden Treasure : Baba Chullah's Special Chicken Malai Tikka Kebab (150) & Chicken Reshmi Butter Masala (150). Was your order also delivered at the same time since I saw the delivery boy carrying 2 more parcels with him?

OT : He normally delivers in 15 minutes flat at Hill View but takes 1 hour for Hidden Treasure (reason given by him was that he tries to club 2-3 delivereis together for Hidden Treasure area).
Nahin ji, it was not mine. As it was my first order and the amount was less than Rs 200, I was not given the option of home delivery. My son collected it around 915 pm
Old 21st March 2011, 18:13   #3028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and some delectable ice-cream from Ohri's
Which Ohri's outlet is this?

Regards,
spadix
Old 21st March 2011, 18:22   #3029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Which Ohri's outlet is this?

Regards,
spadix
Looks like Avi is refering to Havmor. The must visit ice cream shop for old time Hydies.

OT: Havmor at Basheerbagh, Gayatri Bhavan at Himayat Nagar, Maharaja Chat at Abids were some of the must visit joints of old days. With Gayatri Bhavan & Maharaja Chat gone, it's only Havmor that rekindles my childhood memories.
Old 21st March 2011, 19:01   #3030
Senior - BHPian

You generally get the Havmor ice-creams at other Ohris outlets as well, such as Ohris Jiva on Raj Bhavan Road and Ohris 70 mm on Necklace Road.

A wee bit pricey, but truely delectable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks