Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 08:10   #3046
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
And if you want to have some quiet dinner with someone... than u can try "Our Place" in Banjara Hills. Lots of space and decent ambiance and good food.
Been to "OP" ever since the day it was inaguarated ( owned by a friends friend). Rightly said the ambience those days was ground breaking with ducks running around in the garden etc.

However, the last time i visited was probably a year ago and noted consistent quality dip so no point paying their exorbitant prices for average food. There are hell of a lot of options around for same or better pricing.

Been to "Sholay" for dinner on sunday evening.

Bathinde De Kukkad was royally spoilt as it was so spicy. Even i couldnt eat it.

Chicken Biryani was made like a pulao. Not to my liking

Fish Tikka even if specifically told to be made spicy was bland

However, Ravvs was happy with Mutton Roganjosh.

First time ever I am disappointed with Sholay and gave my harsh feedback to the Maitre 'd
Old 31st March 2011, 14:54   #3047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Noting the good review from Spadix for " Food N' I" Madhapur. Last night visited this place. It's situated above Ratnadeep Supermarket

Total Bill : Rs.950 ( Including tips and after 20% discount given to MSFT employees)
Anyone been to Food "N" I in recent times?

Is the discount still on?
Old 31st March 2011, 21:07   #3048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Anyone been to Food "N" I in recent times?

Is the discount still on?
This discount can be availed only by Microsoft employees and is always ON. You need to show the badge to avail the discount.
Old 31st March 2011, 21:15   #3049
BHPian

Quote:
This discount can be availed only by Microsoft employees and is always ON. You need to show the badge to avail the discount.
Thanks for your response.

I called them up and they do offer the discount without any caste or creed.

Also found it at UPto75.com- Discount coupons, discounts, Offers, Sales, restaurants, shopping, beauty, fitness, hotels, airlines, furniture.

Anyway, I am not going as the person who answered the phone was outrightly rude even in taking the reservation.

Either the place is doing so well that their staff can afford to be arrogant or they are doing so bad that they cannot afford proper staff.

Anyways, it is Bhimas Chithram on Road No. 45 in Jubilee Hills for lunch tomorrow.
Old 31st March 2011, 21:24   #3050
BHPian

From this side of town, Kerala Chef above Sarvi on Madhapur road,

My cousin and I went for a late dinner,

1. Fish Roast
2. Chicken Pepper Fry
3. Beef Roast
4. Parantha's
Total damage Rs 670

Most weekends we go for the Spl Thali during lunch.
Old 1st April 2011, 00:45   #3051
Senior - BHPian

cafe nandini at jublieehills check post: a vfm tiffin centre, very well maintained and perfect for takeaways. has a small ac section too. found the food to be good and above all the place is clean! and tasty tea isn't the irani kind, but more like the one made at home.

btw did anyone find the menu of khan saab to be very similar to that of sahib sindh sultan? found the place average though.
Old 1st April 2011, 09:57   #3052
BHPian

Hi Ushuaia,

How did you like the quality of food at Chef Kerala.Being a malu I felt it was the worst quality food that I had, whilst I went for lunch on Tuesday.I had their kerala meals @70 Rs frankly was like the food available on the trains in Kerala for 30Rs, and the fish that he gave was stale could be made out by the way he had deep fried it.Decided never to go back and stick to uttupura wich has better quality than them.
Old 1st April 2011, 11:10   #3053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
btw did anyone find the menu of khan saab to be very similar to that of sahib sindh sultan? found the place average though.
All restaurants which serve North-West Frontier Province (NWFP) cuisine [or Peshawari as some call it as Peshawar is the capital of NWFP] will essentially have the same or similiar dishes.

After all, at the end of the day, they are all serving the same cuisine.

Visit Bukhara (in Maurya Sheraton at Delhi) and you will find the same food.
Old 1st April 2011, 11:16   #3054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All restaurants which serve North-West Frontier Province (NWFP) cuisine [or Peshawari as some call it as Peshawar is the capital of NWFP] will essentially have the same or similiar dishes.

After all, at the end of the day, they are all serving the same cuisine.

Visit Bukhara (in Maurya Sheraton at Delhi) and you will find the same food.
Or for that matter,same as the menu in Samarkhand in Blore.Wonder why the BJN group isnt opening up their Samarkhand in HYD,considering the fact that they have brought all their other brands(Indijoe,Angeethi,)to Hyd!
Old 1st April 2011, 13:06   #3055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
Their rates are reasonable but, food is average to below average. I will go there again only out of boredom.

Guys, need some tips for dinner buffet. I plan to take members ( 50 members) in one of my portfolio for dinner on April 6th or April 7th.

Budget is around Rs.300/head

However, Food n I has given a quote of Rs.350 with an elaborate menu and usage of their lounge area with full service thrown in.

I am in discussion with them to reduce it a bit further.

In the meantime, tips and suggestions of a place in Hitech City are and Gachibowli would be helpful.
Old 1st April 2011, 13:32   #3056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Their rates are reasonable but, food is average to below average. I will go there again only out of boredom.

Guys, need some tips for dinner buffet. I plan to take members ( 50 members) in one of my portfolio for dinner on April 6th or April 7th.

Budget is around Rs.300/head

However, Food n I has given a quote of Rs.350 with an elaborate menu and usage of their lounge area with full service thrown in.

In the meantime, tips and suggestions of a place in Hitech City are and Gachibowli would be helpful.
How about Swagat? They do host large groups.

You can also try the dinner buffet at Haveli and ask them to close the floor for you.
Old 1st April 2011, 14:25   #3057
BHPian

Quote:

go to the 'langar' at ameerpet gurudwara or the one near s'bad station.

Free of Cost

And i know you like going to langars
Old 1st April 2011, 16:24   #3058
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, it is Bhimas Chithram on Road No. 45 in Jubilee Hills for lunch tomorrow.
Lunch today was at Bhimas Chitram, 1367, Road No. 45, Jubilee Hills ; 2360-6400/6620 ;

It is just another upper class Udipi Resturant like Chutneys, Minerva Coffee, Shanbagh, etc. The menu is also similiar to those places.

5 of us had South Indian thalis (120 each), 1 had North Indian thali (150) and 2 shared a dry veg, a dal tadka with rotis. All had fresh fruit juices (65) and bottled water (35). The total bill came to 1,910 which with tip became 2,000. Incidently, they do not have Service Charges and the VAT is 14.5%.

Taste wise I could not differentiate the food from their other competitions as named above.

Maybe others here may be able to tell the difference between various Udipi joints but not me as my expertise is restricted to be able to tell the difference between tandoori chicken of X and of Y and of Z.

One person in our group belongs to and has studied at Tirupati and he thoroughly enjoyed himself because this restaurant is very famous there and there was solid nostalgia for him. Another person who migrated from USA and settled down at Tirupati and was in Hyderabad today did not like the food and left most of the thali untouched.

I may go there again just to try their idly/vada and get a feel of their chutneys and sambar as that also needs tasting.

All in all, there was nothing magnetic about the place to attract me back like Angeethi, Sholay, Harry's Diner, IndiJoe, Novotel, Ohris, Palace Heights, etc.

OT : Why do all these places have such unhygenic and unclean toilets be it Chutneys, Minerva Coffee, etc.
Old 1st April 2011, 16:30   #3059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
How about Swagat? They do host large groups.You can also try the dinner buffet at Haveli and ask them to close the floor for you.
Swagath we have done to death and is not a great place as If you recall, you had dinner there when one of our office outing was happening on terrace.

Haveli isnt really a great place for such outings.

Quote:
Lunch today was at Bhimas Chitram, 1367, Road No. 45, Jubilee Hills ; 2360-6400/6620 ;
Oh it's that Bhimas. Whenever we go to tirupathi, we always have our lunch at Bhimas before catching our train back to Hyderabad. They have 3 restuarants walkable distance from Tirupathi railway station.

We always chose their best restuarant which is in basement purely for their AC environs and nice seating area while we wait for our train to Hyd.

Their food ( Thali and other items) is above average and for Tirupathi standards maybe even excellent. Not sure how they will fare compared to the big guns of Hyderabad like Chutneys and Minerva Coffee Shop.
Old 1st April 2011, 18:03   #3060
BHPian

Had been to Bar-b-que nation for lunch but the timings seem to have gone wrong. Starting today, they have hiked their weekday buffet prices to 566 (All inclusive). Our team decided to walk out of that place as it isnt any more a value for Money place.

Went to Indijoe's (City center mall) and enjoyed their buffet spread. Special mention for the thai yellow curry and the fish fry. It was awesome!! At 275(All inclusive) its a real VFM. Highly recommended

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks