Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:24   #3316
Team-BHP Support

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Actually any of the restaurants mentioned by MileCruncher should be fine.

And Mobike's suggestion of picking up a parcel from Paradise and Hyd House en route to the airport would be perfect.
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:32   #3317
Senior - BHPian

@Haque--if you're staying at Kacheguda, then I suggest you visit Cafe Bahar for biryani---it is located at Hyderguda, around 2.5 kms from Kacheguda. It is one of the best in town.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:42   #3318
Senior - BHPian

As for outlets in the airport,neither Paradise nor Karachi Bakery are present in the airport.Karachi Bakery's fruit biscuit packs are available in some of the airport outlets,but please bear in mind that they are sold with a heavily marked up price as compared to buying them from their stores in the city.You could go via Banjara Hills and take the biscuits from their Banjara Hills store and after that pick up the biriyani from Paradise down the same road.

There is a cheap imitation with horribly prices of the original paradise inside the airport and they call themselves Indian Paradise!Just cashing in on the name
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 23:12   #3319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque View Post
I would be staying near Kacheguda railway station. From what I hear of at BLR, biryani is a must-have at paradise... like Karim's @Hazrat Nizamuddin.
OT: Both the information are wrong. Especially the second one. The best Karim's at Delhi is not at Hazrat Nizammuddin but at Jama Masjid. That's the original place and the taste cannot be matched by any other oftheir branches.

Similarly Bawarchi Biryani is a must have compared to Paradise and again in the same 2.5 Km radius as for Cafe Bahar
Old 22nd June 2011, 23:29   #3320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher
Similarly Bawarchi Biryani is a must have compared to Paradise and again in the same 2.5 Km radius as for Cafe Bahar
There is also Astoria at RTC 'X' roads, right next to Bawarchi.

Shadaab, Nayaab, Madina and Shah Ghouse aren't too far off either from Kacheguda.

Regards,
Prashanth
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:21   #3321

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
How about parking at the Bata showroom and crossing the road?
hyd_traveller,
There doesn't seem to much space next to the road , at the Bata showroom either. There seems to be a cellar right next to Bata , not sure if will be allowed to park.
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:18   #3322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr912m View Post
There doesn't seem to much space next to the road , at the Bata showroom either. There seems to be a cellar right next to Bata , not sure if will be allowed to park.
Well, as I had said earlier, try the lane running parallel to Raj Bhawan Road.

Enter in the lane leading towards Katriya and then turn either right or left depending on where you feel the comfort of leaving you car. Marked Point A to Point B in the Google Map :

Unknown road to Unknown road - Google Maps

However, a word of caution : The suggested parking is not officially approved and legal but the Police turns a blind eye to it since it does not cause major discomfort to most public. Silverwood is already pursuing HTP for bringing a stop to the parking menace in these lanes so it is only a matter of time that HTP will start the cleansing act in the lanes also.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 23rd June 2011 at 12:23.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:13   #3323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque View Post
Thanks for all the responses.

I would be staying near Kacheguda railway station.
Are you staying in suprabhat hotel opposite to Venkatrama Theatre on kacheguda road? I assume your staying for atleast 2 days. So why dont you take a Biryani "Yatra"

Ok, let me give you couple of nearest biryani options from your hotel

1. Deccan Spice
2. Handi Biryani ( right next to Venkatramana Theatre)

Both are quite nice...

And, about 2kms from there at RTC X roads are the famous biryani joints sworn by hard core hyderabadis

1. Bawarchi
2. Astoria
3. Bahar Biryani

#1 and #2 are next door neighbours. Sometimes Bawarchi's biryani is good and sometimes Astoria's. I prefer Astoria's more as it has better flavour.

Bahar's which is situated at Hyderguda is also quite good and authentic

The day you leave hyderabad. Have lunch at paradise ( reach at 1pm or before) have one and take one and enroute to airport pick-up one more from Hyderabad House

Above plan will successfully complete your " Biryani Mission"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@Haque--if you're staying at Kacheguda, then I suggest you visit Cafe Bahar for biryani---it is located at Hyderguda, around 2.5 kms from Kacheguda. It is one of the best in town.
I wouldnt go that far to call them best because almost every popular biryani joint makes really good biryani in Hyderabad but, the sad part is "Consistency" is not there in any of them. It largely is due to masses they serve. Hence, when you eat there becomes solely the reason for good/average/bad taste. For e.g : if the biryani comes out of the pot for the first time is always the "BEST".....later on it will be case of "re-heating" which mars the taste completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Shadaab, Nayaab, Madina and Shah Ghouse aren't too far off either from Kacheguda.
These places are the "hardcore" biryani centers. There was a time when i used to enjoy at these places and they were the "Originators" of biryani in hyderabad. But, not anymore. They all are highly inconsistent and their biryani's are just too oily to enjoy it anymore.

----------End of Biryani Gyan----------------
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:17   #3324
BHPian

Haque,

Another place that you can try is Mohinis Restaurant. It is on the road from Liberty to Basheerbagh, to the left side of the flyover. They serve excellent biryani.

If I am not too off topic: I travelled to Warangal yesterday and on the way back stopped for lunch @ Hyderabadi Bawarchi, Jangaon. The mutton biryani they served was one of the best I ever ate. Much better than the original X roads Bawarchi. I even got a family pack parceled for dinner.
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:23   #3325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
These places are the "hardcore" biryani centers. There was a time when i used to enjoy at these places and they were the "Originators" of biryani in hyderabad. But, not anymore. They all are highly inconsistent and their biryani's are just too oily to enjoy it anymore.
That's very true.

@Haque: Think of these places like Empire hotel in Bengaluru. Famous once, and probably surviving now on past glory, which is a slippery (oily!) slope in more ways than one.

Regards,
spadix
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:24   #3326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Well, as I had said earlier, try the lane running parallel to Raj Bhawan Road.

Enter in the lane leading towards Katriya and then turn either right or left depending on where you feel the comfort of leaving you car. Marked Point A to Point B in the Google Map :
I suggest you turn left at point A suggested by Bajaj sa'ab and park somewhere on that lane---you will find a few cars already parked there.

Neither Silverwood nor I will be put to inconvenience in that case.
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:38   #3327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Another place that you can try is Mohinis Restaurant. It is on the road from Liberty to Basheerbagh, to the left side of the flyover. They serve excellent biryani.

If I am not too off topic: I travelled to Warangal yesterday and on the way back stopped for lunch @ Hyderabadi Bawarchi, Jangaon. The mutton biryani they served was one of the best I ever ate. Much better than the original X roads Bawarchi. I even got a family pack parceled for dinner.
I agree their biryani is quite good but, the meat is not cooked exactly how it should be in a dum biryani ( for instance how its done up in a paradise biryani). However, Mohini's is not an "exact" Dum Biryani which Hyderabad is popular for. They serve a unique style called Zaffron Biryani which is also done partly on dum.

They have so many combinations, it's crazy. Family Pack, With extra meat, with extra chicken, Jumbo pack...what not...finally, their taste is also not consistent

The guy at the counter is usually rude and I prefer the guy who waits outside the main door to serve people in car and since i know him he serves us in car one of the tastiest snacks

Phew....Hyderabadis do get excited the moment someone utters "Biryani"...huh?

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd June 2011 at 13:39.
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:50   #3328
BHPian

i will vouch for Mohinis! Amazing food.

must try the Kheema Pullao if anyone plans to go there.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:51   #3329
BHPian

The restaurant "Aroma" on the top floor of Kalanikethan Mall at Somajiguda opposite Bakers Inn has the following offer :
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-aromakalanikethanmall.jpg
Quality of photo is such as was taken in the night time with a phone camera from a moving vehicle.

While coming from Madhapur side back to Somajiguda, stopped at the vehicle selling Jal Jeera and Butter Milk just after the Harley Davidson Showroom but before Mayfair Apartments on Road No. 2 in Banjara Hills. Both the drinks are good and priced at 10 each. Will go back specially to have one more round, maybe many more rounds.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:53   #3330

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I suggest you turn left at point A suggested by Bajaj sa'ab and park somewhere on that lane---you will find a few cars already parked there.

Neither Silverwood nor I will be put to inconvenience in that case.
vnabhi,

I will keep that in mind next time i am in the area. Thanks . Definitely don't want to cause inconvenience to you or SILVERWOOD . Or better yet , like i did last time , may be i will just walk down or take an auto.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks