Old 4th August 2011, 16:45   #3541
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Annapurna Fine Dining Restaurant,
Opposite Shilpa Park,
Opposite Kondapur RTA,
Main Road, Kondapur.
Tel.: 200 444 22/33

Been seeing this new place for the past month or so and saw the buffet serving dishes in the open verandah in the morning so stopped there today at lunch time to check it out.

The open space in the verandah is the live kitchen with seating for guests where they serve a-la-carte breakfast of idli/dosa/etc. in the mornings and chaats in the evenings.

Inside, they have a nice cosy A/C restaurant with 50+ covers.

Thali was 140 for both veg & non veg. Did not try.

Ordered Keema Biryani. Okay-okay. It was 3 layered (white rice, yellow rice, keema coloured rice). Spicy. Enough quantity for nearly 2 people or for 1 person with a hearty appetite. Priced 200 + 4% Tax = 208.

Not a place I would visit specially but would not mind eating there if in the vicinity like I was today at lunch time.

2 tables apart from mine were occupied. I guess, a new place and lunch time on a weekday.

Many people did walk in and on learning that it is not a bar, walked out. This makes it very family friendly place.

The staff were nice and always at attention ensuring my glass was never devoid of water and I did not have to serve the biryani myself.
Old 5th August 2011, 12:04   #3542
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of days ago, few TBHPian's went to Niagara, Chadherghat for a late night/early morning dinner (3:00AM)

We ordered the following :-

1. Paya (2 No's) & Sheermal

Piping Hot and Sheermal dipped in it was nothing less than heaven. I just enjoyed the sheermal dipped in that soup and dont eat the meat in it.

2. Dum Ka Mutton (2 No's)

This was the dish of the day. The gravy was excellent and meat soft, succullent, melt in mouth types. We relished it so much that one of us had stomach trouble the next day

Jokes apart, it was outstanding and will go for this dish again and again

3. Double Ka Meetha and Phirni

Double Ka Meetha was very good and hot. While, Phirni was served cold ( just like how I like it) but, was bland and not too sweet some of us didnt like it. Personally, I liked the phirni as I like my dessert not too sweet.

Rounded of this hearty meal with a paan at that unearthly hour

Total Damages : A princely Rs.720 (5 Pax)
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 18:00   #3543
BHPian

As I did not opt to go for the NSD Drive Meet this weekend, I had to make sure I do not go into a depression.

Saturday Dinner : Reshmi's Classic Restaurant, Parklane, Secunderabad. Okay food. Not as interesting as earlier times. The restaurant was full with no tables available. They have discontinued the Tomato Chutney, they are very hesitant to serve onions and they are in a great hurry to feed you and see you off. Enjoyed the extra spicy Keema Mutter. Bill for 3 was 761. Tax was VAT @ 4%.

Sunday Lunch : Khaan Saab, GVK One, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. Good food. Superb ambience. Fantastic all round experience. I had luckily called them up yesterday itself and booked a table for 1pm. There were no free tables by 1:30pm and by 2pm the waiting list was huge. Murgh Chop Dakhni was the best. Burani Paratha is nothing but a huge square parantha made exactly the way my granny used to make it and what we called as namak-mirch parantha at home, of course, one big difference was that they did not add any ajwain to it. Actual Bill for 5 was 2083 but my Taggle Voucher (Rs. 135 for Rs. 270 worth of cuisine from the North West Frontier at Khaan Saab, Banjara Hills) reduced it to 1273. Tax was VAT @ 14.5% and Service Tax @ 3.09%. No Service Charge. No parking fee at the mall. Will go back and as many times as I can afford. The food is not very expensive. Certainly cheaper than Ohri's and Sahib Sindh Sultan. The problem is that the drinks are priced way out of hand. 70 for a coke is an example. If one can avoid touching the liquid menu and just stick to the food menu, the place is absolute VFM.

By the way, I had Hyderabad House haleem on friday. They asked me to first buy a coupon. The 70 buck coupon was charged 75. It seems the extra 5 is pocketed by the staff at the cash counter. The guy doling out the haleem loaded it into the container, sprinkled some coriander & mint, added a dash of cashews and friend onions and finally topped the same with some "tadka" boiling separately. The haleem was so bland that you will not believe me. Oil tadka on haleem. Yuck! Thumbs Down to this dish from this organisation for ever.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:36   #3544
Team-BHP Support

Saw a sign announcing, "coming soon" for http://www.papajohnspizza.in/ opposite Cyber Gateway, Madhapur.

Last edited by bblost : 11th August 2011 at 10:37.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 11:57   #3545
BHPian

PapaJohn's is coming up with 3 outlets in Hyderabad, GVK One, HiTech SBR Gate & Banjara Hills.

The Banjara Hills outlet is on Road No. 12, seems to be coming up opposite Audi Showroom in 12th Square Building. My wild guess would be it would be in the same building, which houses Zaika and etc.

The Hitec City outlet seems to be coming up in the building on the left, after we cross the Police Check post from the Cyber Towers side.
Old 11th August 2011, 12:05   #3546
Distinguished - BHPian

Argghh! Discussing Pizzas during Ramzan and Haleem time.

This is gross dereliction of our "foodie duties"

Btw, I have wiped the "Himayathnagar Plate" clean. Had Haleem from the following outlets till date

1. Hyline
2. HH
3. Bahar
4. Kabab Inn
5. Beccun Bagara
6. Taste of Hyderabad

Other Outlets

1. Pista House ( outlet)
2. Sarvi

Would report back with my findings at the end of Ramzan as I still have to go through the following before Ramazan ends

1. Shadaab
2. Shah Ghouz
3. Sarvi Mehdipatnam
4. Paradise
5. 555

Hmmm! Interesting expedition ahead.....
Old 11th August 2011, 12:11   #3547
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday , I wiped one plate full of Sarvi Irani Haleem.
Bought it from their 1st Lancer counter.
And what price increase this year. It was 80 bucks for a plate. Last year it was around 70 bucks/-

Haleem was good though. Ate all of it hot and as soon as I reached home.
Old 11th August 2011, 13:28   #3548
BHPian

Places visited for Haleem so far this season:

Outlet (location, Number of Visits)
Shahdab (Charminar, 2), Hyline (King Kothi, 1), Hotel Sohail (Malakpet, 1), ShahGhouse (Shah Ali Banda, 2), Victoria Restaurant (Shah Ali Banda, 1), Sarvi (Mehdipatnam, 2), ShahGhouse (Toli Chowki, 1)

Total Visits/Haleems had in this season: 10. 10 days, 10 haleems, I am keeping a good tab on the places now.

Starting off with the first review of Hotel Sohail.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-haleem-times-review-sohail-hotel.jpg
Old 11th August 2011, 15:26   #3549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Places visited for Haleem so far this season:

Outlet (location, Number of Visits)
Shahdab (Charminar, 2), Hyline (King Kothi, 1), Hotel Sohail (Malakpet, 1), ShahGhouse (Shah Ali Banda, 2), Victoria Restaurant (Shah Ali Banda, 1), Sarvi (Mehdipatnam, 2), ShahGhouse (Toli Chowki, 1)

Total Visits/Haleems had in this season: 10. 10 days, 10 haleems, I am keeping a good tab on the places now.

Starting off with the first review of Hotel Sohail.

Attachment 591555
Awesome Nikhil!

I think both you and Avi should be made the Co-Editors of the Times Food Guide of Hyderabad. You can also co-host a show HOMP (Hyderabad On My Plate) and telecast it through the Hydeez Channel.

And UPto75.com will have special discounts for all the restaurants mentioned therein :P
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 17:13   #3550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Awesome Nikhil!
Thanks Ani Bhai. Would unload loads in the coming days here. More coming up pretty soon.

Quote:
I think both you and Avi should be made the Co-Editors of the Times Food Guide of Hyderabad.
Avi Bhai, we've thought about it earlier too. Lets do it now atleast. Ani will hold the talks TOI Guys and we can do it. Else, lets ask A.Mahindra to also venture into F&B Industry and we can be the Face of his F&B Division in Hyderabad. Ani will take care of all the initial talks with AM.

Quote:
You can also co-host a show HOMP (Hyderabad On My Plate) and telecast it through the Hydeez Channel.
You bet, Avi speaks and I eat. This way, it would look awesome.

Quote:
And UPto75.com will have special discounts for all the restaurants mentioned therein :P
All the restaurants mentioned therein, then I guess there would be none left in Hyderabad which will not have discount. Except for the local thela kind of places, all other places will give special discounts then.

I've comeup with something, I felt might be useful during this season. Parameters to consider while analyzing Haleem. Please do let me know, what you guys think about this. I feel, this has more relevance here in the Food Guide Thread.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-analyzehaleem.jpg

Last edited by traveloholic : 11th August 2011 at 17:14.
Old 11th August 2011, 18:06   #3551
Senior - BHPian

All this haleem talk is making me hungry!

Was at Rajdhani for dinner and it was yummylicious and service was excellent as well.There is a 5% service charge now,atleast one place where I dont really mind paying that 5%,as they dont lurk around you to see if you are tipping them or not.

Then on the next day was at Pickles for the lunch buffet.Pathetic service and amazing food is the best way to sum it up.15% service charge and a buffet price of 299.We ended up paying close to 200rs extra in service charge tax,valet tip blah blah.No glasses being refilled,no cutlery being replaced,soiled plates not being cleared.I guess with service charge coming in,its a win win situation for the restaurants because irrespective of service,you still will eat there and the waiters are showing their protests because the tips have virtually disappeared.
Old 11th August 2011, 19:25   #3552
BHPian

Today was the turn of Point Pleasant on Road No. 10, Banjara Hills to be graced for Haleem.

Nice. Got just one small bit of a bone. Got 2 pieces of whole spices. Well blended.

Have had from Sarvi, Pista House, Bahar, Hyderabad House and Point Pleasant till date in this season.

My ratings as on date :

1) Sarvi
2) Pista House
------------
3) Point Pleasant
------------
4) Bahar
5) Hyderabad House

I would not revisit 4 & 5 this season. I will certainly revisit 1 & 2 again and soon.
Old 11th August 2011, 22:41   #3553
Team-BHP Support

I had picked up a mutton dish from Point Pleasant last night for my Seheri.
SALTY

Rs 200 for ridiculously low quantity.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 11:24   #3554
Distinguished - BHPian

Milecruncher & Traveloholic, Hyderabadi version of HOMP sounds like a very exciting idea

Yesterday, Had lunch at Sholay after a long time

Veg Platter
Mocktails and Diet Coke
Bathinde De Kukkad
Malai Kofta
Chicken Biryani

Veg Platter was excellent
Bathinde De Kukkad was outstanding. Same like it was before
Tasted Malai Kofta, sweet. Yucks
Chicken Biryani was superb

Total Damages : Rs.1200

After lunch got completed, I head a lot of praises from Sabby-69 about a special type of Haleem in Kholani in Tolichowki and headed their exactly when it was just ready at 4:30pm. Its not the typical Bhatti but, served in a restaurant. That itself is a slight dampner as essence of this festival was not there

Pricing was a ridiculous Rs. 125+ tax = Rs.130 for a single bowl.

Quantity was like the same serving of Sarvi. Got 2 bowls takeaways for dinner

Taste was very "Wheatish", Very thick, Lots of meat in it as well. Lots of ghee and I think there were kaju in it as well.

It was definetly good but, not worth the extra bucks. I would have gone back if the price was 80 or 90 bucks.

Pic of Kholani Haleem
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img2011081100178.jpg  

Old 12th August 2011, 12:18   #3555
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Wednesday night i ordered food from Zurna Cafe @ Rajbhavan Road.

1, Dum Ka Chicken-Priced at Rs 100, this was just average.
2, Chicken Biriyani &-Priced at Rs 135,This was great.
3, Plain Naan.

Total Damages-Rs 265.

Last evening, got a takeaway from Baba's Chulha.

1, Mutton Tikka Roll-Was Yummyy.
2, Paneer Roll-Did not taste &
3, Veg fried rice-Very good.

Total Damages-Rs 235.

This is certainly a VFM restaurant, but please dont ever try his biriyani.

Most Viewed